FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > saturday parades ?

saturday parades ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *toozy77 OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow outskirts

any fems or couples on parade today ? send me message to let me know where we are?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

hi there, parade in EK , marching to HMRC offices hahahahahahahahaha, btw, its absolutely pishing down as well, hahahaha

"hi there, parade in EK , marching to HMRC offices hahahahahahahahaha, btw, its absolutely pishing down as well, hahahaha"

Hahah....there's a massive one sceduled for 12 midday in Stirling.....expecting something like 10,000 knobends........not a chance.....best thing about the rain today......Three cjeers for the rain!!!!!!!

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

At least when it rains it stops most of the fights as neds don't want to get their trackie bottoms wet.

"hi there, parade in EK , marching to HMRC offices hahahahahahahahaha, btw, its absolutely pishing down as well, hahahaha

Hahah....there's a massive one sceduled for 12 midday in Stirling.....expecting something like 10,000 knobends........not a chance.....best thing about the rain today......Three cjeers for the rain!!!!!!!"

WATP = We Avoid Tax Payments

By *jeasyriderMan  over a year ago

near paisley

never heard any for the 1st time in my area thank god

Just been in town to see the delightful orange bands and their groupies!!!!!!!Ah,it took me back to my dad dragging me the full length of the walk.....I hated every second too.At least most Rangers supporters still have an outlet for their stupidity!!!Couldn't believe the tunes I was hearing...Ally Bally!!!Remembet the old cockney tune"My old man"!!!!!Ffs....I pissed myself laughing!!Didn't hear the old Doors tune "The End"....much more fitting I should think.

"Keep music live"Does not seem to apply in this instance!!!!

Personally I think all sectarian marches should be banned there is no place for it now all it does is cause trouble, They want to rid sectarian chants, violence well start by banning marches especially in in prominently catholic housing estates especially at 07:30 in the morning

Reading some of the bile and hatred in these posts, makes me wonder. Sometimes is it not better, not to comment on walks parades or football. You may come across as narrowminded or bitter twisted.

Never did understand what rangers had to do with the orange order?

Actually saw a wee baby sucking on a red hand of Ulster dummy in Town...wtf!!!!.

I agree all these parades Should be banned.both sides

Auds

Ban = unable to controll

"Let's say that it was 24 hours before you were born, and a genie appeared and said, 'What I'm going to do is let you set the rules of the society into which you will be born. You can set the economic rules and the social rules, and whatever rules you set will apply during your lifetime and your children's lifetimes.' And you'll say, 'Well, that's nice, but what's the catch?' And the genie says, 'Here's the catch. You don't know if you're going to be born rich or poor, white or black, male or female, able-bodied or infirm, intelligent or retarded."

"Ban = unable to controll

"Let's say that it was 24 hours before you were born, and a genie appeared and said, 'What I'm going to do is let you set the rules of the society into which you will be born. You can set the economic rules and the social rules, and whatever rules you set will apply during your lifetime and your children's lifetimes.' And you'll say, 'Well, that's nice, but what's the catch?' And the genie says, 'Here's the catch. You don't know if you're going to be born rich or poor, white or black, male or female, able-bodied or infirm, intelligent or retarded."

"

I don't know what this post is meant to mean lol

I think both orange walks and republican marches should be banned, no matter if they started out as something else, they only feed the bigotry monster in this country. This is my opinion and I am entitled to it

[Removed by poster at 07/07/12 17:47:07]

I don't know what this post is meant to mean lol

I think both orange walks and republican marches should be banned, no matter if they started out as something else, they only feed the bigotry monster in this country. This is my opinion and I am entitled to it "

"Let's say that it was 24 hours before you were born, and a genie appeared and said, 'What I'm going to do is let you set the rules of the society into which you will be born. You can set the economic rules and the social rules, and whatever rules you set will apply during your lifetime and your children's rlifetimes.' And you'll say, 'Well, that's nice, but what's the catch?' And the genie says, 'Here's the catch. You don't know if you're going to be born rich or poor, white or black, male or female, able-bodied or infirm, intelligent or retarded."

"

ehe?

Got stuck in a taxi this morning. Traffic at a standstill and meter was running. Cost me a fortune grrrrr

By *aughty.naughty deviantsCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

I went along to the "walk" in Stirling and dragged mr with me. Now i have been to many parades from Country Londonderry , Belfast , Glasgow etc .I was happy to say that today went well and everyone celebrated their culture and heritage without cause for police action.

XxCxX

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

They are trying so desparatley to rid the fooballs parks of sectarianism by allowing these parades no matter if it be orange or republican walks it will always be there BAN them all i say....

The kids walking in them have no idea why they are doing it other what being inbread from parents let the bloody kids decide for themself when they are older

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Of course they should all be banned, when can it ever be right to march through the streets spouting hatred.

Would any band be allowed to march through the streets playing were up to our knees in paki blood? I think not Or on the other side songs songs depicting bombings and shootings?

This will never die out as long as the bigots bring their kids up to be the same as they are.

totally agree with that missdynomite

Orange walks are not sectarian and we as british citizens are a prodonently Protestant country

Nothing about orange marches are sectarian it's a British march in a British street

no surrender

Did you not stop to think that the baby may actually be from northern Ireland if people learned about what the marches actually stand for and support they would change there views

It may not be sectarian but it does bring out sectarian issues when ever these walk are on .

"Did you not stop to think that the baby may actually be from northern Ireland if people learned about what the marches actually stand for and support they would change there views"

I was actually caught up in this parade today in Glasgow yes there are many bands from Nothern Ireland but the scottish bands well out weighed them

I agree yes there are people who take this as an excuse for violence but again it's a British march about supporting our history and never forgetting one question I have is why do we allow republican marches when they sing about British soldiers being killed and sent home ? News flash this is Britain

"Nothing about orange marches are sectarian it's a British march in a British street

no surrender "

central scotland

"Orange walks are not sectarian and we as british citizens are a prodonently Protestant country "

Do you actualy believe that statement?

You obviously think republican marches are not sectarian either then

I'm so glad this doesn't happen up this way

Well a republican march spouting hatred towards British forces and killing British forces walking threw our birtish streets is wrong

When i see whats happening at football matches and at theses parades then as a far as i can see there is only one way to end this HATRED becaus thats what it is and thats to BAN them all.

near paisley

always said we should ban them

who actually pays for the police presents being there

the marchers don't

its you the tax payer

"When i see whats happening at football matches and at theses parades then as a far as i can see there is only one way to end this HATRED becaus thats what it is and thats to BAN them all."

Have you actually went to an orange walk in Glasgow? The only time there is bother it stems from alcohol which is a bigger issue in our society than a march to remember fallen soldiers.

"Well a republican march spouting hatred towards British forces and killing British forces walking threw our birtish streets is wrong "

Thats what ive said the hatred is on both sides not just one .

Stirling

These are a small minority who use it as an excuse to cause trouble. I was brought up to know the history of both sides of the fence in Northern Ireland.

"When i see whats happening at football matches and at theses parades then as a far as i can see there is only one way to end this HATRED becaus thats what it is and thats to BAN them all.

Have you actually went to an orange walk in Glasgow? The only time there is bother it stems from alcohol which is a bigger issue in our society than a march to remember fallen soldiers."

Eh yes i have actully i come from a Catholic mother and Prodestant father my father had two brothers in the orange lodge when they were alive and took me to see them many a time back then..but admittedly i knew nothing about what these parades were taking place .. i do now tho .

Anyway starying off what this post was ment to be il bow out from any further comment .

By *adgeeMan  over a year ago

Loch Lomond

"Nothing about orange marches are sectarian it's a British march in a British street no surrender

"

Haha are you for real? Is that supposed to be a valid arguement? It costs taxpayers thousands to pay for these clowns to spout hatred on the streets, they should all be banned in scotland, loyalist or republican.

"Of course they should all be banned, when can it ever be right to march through the streets spouting hatred.

Would any band be allowed to march through the streets playing were up to our knees in paki blood? I think not Or on the other side songs songs depicting bombings and shootings?

This will never die out as long as the bigots bring their kids up to be the same as they are."

well said...i blame the parents and grandparents for keeping this bile going.

near paisley

"Of course they should all be banned, when can it ever be right to march through the streets spouting hatred.

This will never die out as long as the bigots bring their kids up to be the same as they are. well said...i blame the parents and grandparents for keeping this bile going."

Its the school playground they hear about it

my parents dont even like football

Stirling

"Nothing about orange marches are sectarian it's a British march in a British street no surrender

Haha are you for real? Is that supposed to be a valid arguement? It costs taxpayers thousands to pay for these clowns to spout hatred on the streets, they should all be banned in scotland, loyalist or republican. "

Emmm noo,each lodge pays a bill for policing and closure of roads

As i said previously.

The two shouldnt go together...but they do Unfortunatly.

By *cottybhoyMan  over a year ago

falkirk

"Orange walks are not sectarian and we as british citizens are a prodonently Protestant country

Do you actualy believe that statement?

You obviously think republican marches are not sectarian either then"

A strange debate for a swingers' site but the views expressed demonstrate that Scotland, sadly, continues to have a problem. Personally, I'd ban all such demonstrations for the social disorder and subsequent domestic abuse that results.

Orange Walks are sectarian by their very nature. They celebrate Protestant triumphalism and supremacy over Catholicism. We all know the words. They have no place in a tolerant society.

Republican demonstrations are political not sectarian. Many leading republicans were in fact Protestants. But they cause offence to people so I'd have no problem with them being banned too.

The Ancient Order of Hibernians is a Catholic organisation. They play hymns. Sadly some object to this.

Why can't we all just get along?

Loch Lomond

Haha are you for real? Is that supposed to be a valid arguement? It costs taxpayers thousands to pay for these clowns to spout hatred on the streets, they should all be banned in scotland, loyalist or republican.

Emmm noo,each lodge pays a bill for policing and closure of roads "

And so they should! Do the lodges pay the indirect costs incurred for the violence, and the sheer inconvenience they cause, I think not!

Loch Lomond

"

Orange Walks are sectarian by their very nature.

"

"Why can't we all just get along?

"

Stirling

And so they should! Do the lodges pay the indirect costs incurred for the violence, and the sheer inconvenience they cause, I think not! "

The violence that would go on regardless from small minded individuals with whom use it as an excuse in the first place. There was over 10, 000 in Stirling today with not 1 arrest

And so they should! Do the lodges pay the indirect costs incurred for the violence, and the sheer inconvenience they cause, I think not!

The violence that would go on regardless from small minded individuals with whom use it as an excuse in the first place. There was over 10, 000 in Stirling today with not 1 arrest "

h

How on earth can u know there wanst one arrest ? .. i was in Glasgow and saw at least 4 ppl being arrested and this was only at 1.30pm

Stirling

The violence that would go on regardless from small minded individuals with whom use it as an excuse in the first place. There was over 10, 000 in Stirling today with not 1 arrest

h

How on earth can u know there wanst one arrest ? .. i was in Glasgow and saw at least 4 ppl being arrested and this was only at 1.30pm "

I was there from start till finish of parade. There was 1 lodge steward per 10 band members, so was very well organised

h

How on earth can u know there wanst one arrest ? .. i was in Glasgow and saw at least 4 ppl being arrested and this was only at 1.30pm

I was there from start till finish of parade. There was 1 lodge steward per 10 band members, so was very well organised"

Im sure you were but im also sure your eyes werent on everyone and there is always a few arrests never heard on any going without any arrests at all

Stirling

h

I was there from start till finish of parade. There was 1 lodge steward per 10 band members, so was very well organised

Im sure you were but im also sure your eyes werent on everyone and there is always a few arrests never heard on any going without any arrests at all"

I can assure you that there was no trouble at all, including at the park at the end

h

Im sure you were but im also sure your eyes werent on everyone and there is always a few arrests never heard on any going without any arrests at all

I can assure you that there was no trouble at all, including at the park at the end "

im sure ul local paper will tell u diffrently but if it did then thats a first .

They're a load of bollocks and should be banned in my humble opinion!

Stirling

h

I can assure you that there was no trouble at all, including at the park at the end

im sure ul local paper will tell u diffrently but if it did then thats a first ."

From what i seen there were no issues at all,

h

im sure ul local paper will tell u diffrently but if it did then thats a first .

From what i seen there were no issues at all, "

Yes from what u saw 1 person watching 10,000 people lol

I think the OP has cast a line and got a few bites here......LOL

"I think the OP has cast a line and got a few bites here......LOL"

yeah sadly i did say that earlier lol xxx

"I think the OP has cast a line and got a few bites here......LOL

yeah sadly i did say that earlier lol xxx "

Sorry.......I couldn't be arsed reading through it all.

Stirling

h

Yes from what u saw 1 person watching 10,000 people lol"

As i stated from the start "I" never seen any arrests or people acting in a violent manor....please do not add arms and legs on to the context of what i have stated... as you say i'm entitled to my opinion as are you. You seen some violence at a march today in Glasgow. These are a small minority who probably already have a criminal record for similar things regardless of the situation at hand.

to be honest i come on here to get away from all that shite !

they should just let the degenarates march around in a closed off park so they don't clog up the streets and incovenience the general public. Thankfully we don't really get that pish in edinburgh

Stirling

"to be honest i come on here to get away from all that shite ! "

I wouldn't normally stand up and argue the toss over it, however it is a small minority who destroys it for others as with every aspect of life.. be it in real life or online

h

As i stated from the start "I" never seen any arrests or people acting in a violent manor....please do not add arms and legs on to the context of what i have stated... as you say i'm entitled to my opinion as are you. You seen some violence at a march today in Glasgow. These are a small minority who probably already have a criminal record for similar things regardless of the situation at hand. "

Adding arms n legs hmmmmmmm how exactly by stating the facts .... actually i ddnt witness any violence i said i witness a few arrests i have no idea what they were for and to say they alreay probably have a criminal record is a bit outragious to say as you nor i have any knowllage of why they were being arrested in the first place

Stirling

h

As i stated from the start "I" never seen any arrests or people acting in a violent manor....please do not add arms and legs on to the context of what i have stated... as you say i'm entitled to my opinion as are you. You seen some violence at a march today in Glasgow. These are a small minority who probably already have a criminal record for similar things regardless of the situation at hand.

Adding arms n legs hmmmmmmm how exactly by stating the facts .... actually i ddnt witness any violence i said i witness a few arrests i have no idea what they were for and to say they alreay probably have a criminal record is a bit outragious to say as you nor i have any knowllage of why they were being arrested in the first place "

What you stated was that you seen 4 arrests today at the orange parade, and what you what you quoted with regards to my comments were of a condescending and patronising manor.. could you care to explain why? All i have stated is what i seen in Stirling today and my opinion, which i am entitled to do. I have been to many marches over the years on both sides of the fence and i am not biased etc

h

Adding arms n legs hmmmmmmm how exactly by stating the facts .... actually i ddnt witness any violence i said i witness a few arrests i have no idea what they were for and to say they alreay probably have a criminal record is a bit outragious to say as you nor i have any knowllage of why they were being arrested in the first place

What you stated was that you seen 4 arrests today at the orange parade, and what you what you quoted with regards to my comments were of a condescending and patronising manor.. could you care to explain why? All i have stated is what i seen in Stirling today and my opinion, which i am entitled to do. I have been to many marches over the years on both sides of the fence and i am not biased etc"

if you see my opinions as condesending and patronising then thats your problem not mine

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

h

What you stated was that you seen 4 arrests today at the orange parade, and what you what you quoted with regards to my comments were of a condescending and patronising manor.. could you care to explain why? All i have stated is what i seen in Stirling today and my opinion, which i am entitled to do. I have been to many marches over the years on both sides of the fence and i am not biased etc"

To be fair this is what you said:

"There was over 10, 000 in Stirling today with not 1 arrest "

No one put arms and legs on it, MsD asked a valid question as to how you knew that there was no one arrested as you couldn't have possibly watched all of the parade from every angle.

Personally, they are all a lot of crap. They should all be banned. I bet the majority of those marching don't actually know the history of what they are marching about

h

What you stated was that you seen 4 arrests today at the orange parade, and what you what you quoted with regards to my comments were of a condescending and patronising manor.. could you care to explain why? All i have stated is what i seen in Stirling today and my opinion, which i am entitled to do. I have been to many marches over the years on both sides of the fence and i am not biased etc

To be fair this is what you said:

There was over 10, 000 in Stirling today with not 1 arrest

No one put arms and legs on it, MsD asked a valid question as to how you knew that there was no one arrested as you couldn't have possibly watched all of the parade from every angle.

Personally, they are all a lot of crap. They should all be banned. I bet the majority of those marching don't actually know the history of what they are marching about"

Exactly as i said before i watched some kids today no more than 3/4 yrs of age these kids probably know nothing about the reason they are marching .

central scotland

I see one of the posters above said it is a walk to remember the fallen British soldiers is that only in his head oris it fact? as its the first I have heard of it.

Dont anyone pretend theses marches are not sectarian I am sure we have all saw them and the cries of fenian b******s and orange b******s it is the curse of the west of Scotland.

falkirk

Some good pics on Twitter:

Ally McCoist at the March in Stirling;

Neil Lennon visiting a terminally ill fan at an Ayrshire hospital.

Wonder who the media will praise?

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"I see one of the posters above said it is a walk to remember the fallen British soldiers is that only in his head oris it fact? as its the first I have heard of it.

Dont anyone pretend theses marches are not sectarian I am sure we have all saw them and the cries of fenian b******s and orange b******s it is the curse of the west of Scotland."

The history of bigotry,not only blights the past,it also blights the future.

Ffs let it go.

By *ising SunMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Great to think I served in the forces for 12 years to defend the right of morons to march around the streets spewing hatred and inciting violence. If they really want to march, why don't they don the British uniform they claim to be so proud of and pick up a rifle? Having served in Northern Ireland and the Gulf, I can tell you that when we were lying in the dirt, you didn't give a shit what religion the guy next to you was...

By *ex n MusicCouple  over a year ago

Perth

"

Harry can we just say...that is the most beautiful n sensible thing iv'e ever seen in this forum....well said Dudeski

Jamie n Brenda ...SnM.xx

central scotland

"Great to think I served in the forces for 12 years to defend the right of morons to march around the streets spewing hatred and inciting violence. If they really want to march, why don't they don the British uniform they claim to be so proud of and pick up a rifle? Having served in Northern Ireland and the Gulf, I can tell you that when we were lying in the dirt, you didn't give a shit what religion the guy next to you was... "

I admire the forces as it is not an easy life for most and obviously downrigth dangerous at times.

But if the poster above is to believed then you have got it wrong by a long way as he claims that the parades on his side of the divide at least are to commemorate the fallen British troops god knows where he dug that one up from as I always thought that was armistace. day.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

the orange walk isnt about sectarianism or hatred for the other side .............but most that attend view them this way and the reason they go. but you cant ban them for the simple reason that there are those who folow them for the correct reasons only my take on it and ban jimmy choos "over expensive wellys"

Stirling

"the orange walk isnt about sectarianism or hatred for the other side .............but most that attend view them this way and the reason they go. but you cant ban them for the simple reason that there are those who folow them for the correct reasons only my take on it and ban jimmy choos "over expensive wellys""

central scotland

"the orange walk isnt about sectarianism or hatred for the other side .............but most that attend view them this way and the reason they go. but you cant ban them for the simple reason that there are those who folow them for the correct reasons only my take on it and ban jimmy choos "over expensive wellys""

Can you name some of the tunes they play and maybe put some of the words in and let us decide?

"It was there King Billy slew the fenians"

"Up to our knees in fenian blood surender or youl die"

Do you recognise? they are hardly hyms.

Both sides marches are sectarian and anyone who denies it is totally blinkered.

So its just coincidence that they stop/pause in areas of high Catholic residence then?…. yeah, OK.

"the orange walk isnt about sectarianism or hatred for the other side .............but most that attend view them this way and the reason they go. but you cant ban them for the simple reason that there are those who folow them for the correct reasons only my take on it and ban jimmy choos "over expensive wellys"

So its just coincidence that they stop/pause in areas of high Catholic residence then?…. yeah, OK.

"

"the orange walk isnt about sectarianism or hatred for the other side .............but most that attend view them this way and the reason they go. but you cant ban them for the simple reason that there are those who folow them for the correct reasons only my take on it and ban jimmy choos "over expensive wellys"

"

Show me a tribal map of any town, where religious beliefs clearly highlight streets and areas.

Scotland only before anyone gets picky.

central scotland

There are insome towns high areas of one religion and in my home town the parade went off the beaten track to go through such an area every time knowing it caused trouble and for some reason the authorities never stopped it probably as they were exercising their right to march even though it caused mayhem.

Dont know if it still goes on as I have been out of there for 18 yrs.

Soldier

(Harvey Andrews)

In a station in the city a British soldier stood

Talking to the people there if the people would

Some just stared in hatred, and others turned in pain

And the lonely British soldier wished he was back home again

Come join the British Army! said the posters in his town

See the world and have your fun come serve before the Crown

The jobs were hard to come by and he could not face the dole

So he took his country's shilling and enlisted on the roll

For there was no fear of fighting, the Empire long was lost

Just ten years in the army getting paid for being bossed

Then leave a man experienced a man who's made the grade

A medal and a pension some mem'ries and a trade

Then came the call for Ireland as the call had come before

Another bloody chapter in an endless civil war

The priests they stood on both sides the priests they stood behind

Another fight in Jesus's name the blind against the blind

The soldier stood between them between the whistling stones

And then the broken bottles that led to broken bones

The petrol bombs that burnt his hands the nails that pierced his skin

And wished that he had stayed at home surrounded by his kin

The station filled with people the soldier soon was bored

But better in the station than where the people warred

The room filled up with mothers with daughters and with sons

Who stared with itchy fingers at the soldier and his gun

A yell of fear a screech of brakes the shattering of glass

The window of the station broke to let the package pass

A scream came from the mothers as they ran towards the door

Dragging their children crying from the bomb upon the floor

The soldier stood and could not move his gun he could not use

He knew the bomb had seconds and not minutes on the fuse

He could not run and pick it up and throw it in the street

There were far too many people there too many running feet

Take cover! yelled the soldier, Take cover for your lives

And the Irishmen threw down their young and stood before their wives

They turned towards the soldier their eyes alive with fear

For God's sake save our children or they'll end their short lives here

The soldier moved towards the bomb his stomach like a stone

Why was this his battle God why was he alone

He lay down on the package and he murmured one farewell

To those at home in England to those he loved so well

He saw the sights of summer felt the wind upon his brow

The young girls in the city parks how precious were they now

The soaring of the swallow the beauty of the swan

The music of the turning world so soon would it be gone

A muffled soft explosion and the room began to quake

The soldier blown across the floor his blood a crimson lake

There was no time to cry or shout there was no time to moan

And they turned their children's faces from the blood and from the bones

The crowd outside soon gathered and the ambulances came

To carry off the body of a pawn lost in the game

And the crowd they clapped and cheered and they sang their rebel song

One soldier less to interfere where he did not belong

And will the children growing up learn at their mothers' knees

The story of the soldier who bought their liberty

Who used his youthful body as a means towards an end

Who gave his life to those who called him murderer not friend

"

Show me a tribal map of any town, where religious beliefs clearly highlight streets and areas.

Scotland only before anyone gets picky."

We know it happens. Google maps doesn't have that info but those organising the marches will know where to stop if they want to antagonise things with "the other side".

Im english. Im not religious per se, and so wouldn't jump to defend either 'side'. However, I would jump to defend a religious hatred and in some areas on some marches on some occasions, some of those marches are attended by those that have got that religious hatred in them.

37 arrests at yesterdays parade in glasgow.8000 marchers.our police force has better things to do than try and keep these halfwits in check. Jase

"

As i stated from the start "I" never seen any arrests or people acting in a violent manor....please do not add arms and legs on to the context of what i have stated... as you say i'm entitled to my opinion as are you. You seen some violence at a march today in Glasgow. These are a small minority who probably already have a criminal record for similar things regardless of the situation at hand. "

No, you said "There was over 10, 000 in Stirling today with not 1 arrest"

You said that as a FACT, not as an opinion.

Then "I can assure you that there was no trouble at all, including at the park at the end"

Then you back tracked and said "From what i seen there were no issues at all"

Im sure the StirlingObserver on Monday will tell us though… although it would be nice to see if there was no arrests, maybe progress is been made.

Last year, 32 arrests were made, 6 of them for sectarian offences so if non this year then brilliant.

sectarianism really gets under our skin, and the people who support it, encourage it and even the ones that go along to these marches blind to the fact they are supporting it are people we do not want to know.

Mr works with a guy who is a 'die hard rangers fan' whos last rangers game was over 10 years ago, he attends every march possible, kilwinning, glasgow and is going to belfast this week. His kids went to a catholic school, his wife is catholic yet he is happy to march along to bands playing songs linked to UVF and UDA.He is one of thousands like him who attend these stupid inconvenient walks that clog up the city, cause arrests and dare i get into the litter that is left...?

thanks for this thread though as it has shown some fab members that we actually had thought to possibly meet, to be the exact opposite xx

last post from us on this subject x

"

No, you said "There was over 10, 000 in Stirling today with not 1 arrest"

You said that as a FACT, not as an opinion.

Then "I can assure you that there was no trouble at all, including at the park at the end"

Then you back tracked and said "From what i seen there were no issues at all"

Im sure the StirlingObserver on Monday will tell us though… although it would be nice to see if there was no arrests, maybe progress is been made.

Last year, 32 arrests were made, 6 of them for sectarian offences so if non this year then brilliant."

sectarianism will never die out in this country

its inbred unfortunalty.

i come from a mixed marrige i myself am married to another religion so i have known this all my life,,,i just thank god my parents knew better and never ever broght religion into arguments and let us decide for ourselves.

hate never wins,

auds xx

Was woke up at 8,45 with the drums ,what a sound,watched the local parade then joined them in the pub. I am not a halfwit but hey if participating in this leads to names callng then I am proud to be a halfwit !

central scotland

"sectarianism will never die out in this country

its inbred unfortunalty.

i come from a mixed marrige i myself am married to another religion so i have known this all my life,,,i just thank god my parents knew better and never ever broght religion into arguments and let us decide for ourselves.

hate never wins,

I am also in a mixed marraige and regarding my parents they were tthe same religion my gran brought up her sisters kids who were the opposite religion from my fathers siblings and they went to different schools although living in the same house the religious divide was never mentioned in our house and my parents hated secterianism.

We have also brought ours up not to be blinded by bigotry.

auds xx"

Stirling

"Was woke up at 8,45 with the drums ,what a sound,watched the local parade then joined them in the pub. I am not a halfwit but hey if participating in this leads to names callng then I am proud to be a halfwit !

"

Right ok we are a bunch of sectarian halfwits but never in our history have we abused young children or attempted to cover it up even the pope himself admits it I know what faith I'm proud to be of and as long as I keep living I'll keep marching threw our British cities streets

No surrender

central scotland

"Right ok we are a bunch of sectarian halfwits but never in our history have we abused young children or attempted to cover it up even the pope himself admits it I know what faith I'm proud to be of and as long as I keep living I'll keep marching threw our British cities streets

No surrender "

Think you will find you are wrong there just google abuse in protestant churches.

And what will you not surrender to are you in Afghanistan fighting a war or something?

"Right ok we are a bunch of sectarian halfwits but never in our history have we abused young children or attempted to cover it up even the pope himself admits it I know what faith I'm proud to be of and as long as I keep living I'll keep marching threw our British cities streets

No surrender "

and that has what to do with parades????

Same old same old.

No surrender and that has what to do with parades????

Lol ,was waiting on that coming up,great comeback... NOT !

Same old same old. "

Nothing wrong with been proud of whatever faith you happen to be.

What is wrong is singing/chanting sectarian abuse to those of other faiths.

If one is proud to be part of an organisation that does that, even if its a small minority, then I would say that is very narrow minded.

Those organisations need to stamp it out. Those that are part of it and dont get involved in the darker side need to help to stamp it out.

central scotland

"Nothing wrong with been proud of whatever faith you happen to be.

If one is proud to be part of an organisation that does that, even if its a small minority, then I would say that is very narrow minded.

Those organisations need to stamp it out. Those that are part of it and dont get involved in the darker side need to help to stamp it out.

"

"

National news website pointed out, Polis were arresting for the slighest word said or action made that was contary to the law.

"You are only as good as your last fuckup"

Last few years pressure has been there to ban marches.

Funding withdrawn = internal stewards to keep order, rather that stop a tradition to commerate historical events or past deed.

Marching season has always been controversal from Drumcree to the Garvaghy Road.

No publicity lets the story wither away, harping on or trying to put your spin this forum thread is starting to get noxious.

Of course, closing this thread down could be misconstrued as not answering the question.

National news website pointed out, Polis were arresting for the slighest word said or action made that was contary to the law.

"You are only as good as your last fuckup"

Last few years pressure has been there to ban marches.

Funding withdrawn = internal stewards to keep order, rather that stop a tradition to commerate historical events or past deed.

Marching season has always been controversal from Drumcree to the Garvaghy Road.

No publicity lets the story wither away, harping on or trying to put your spin this forum thread is starting to get noxious.

Of course, closing this thread down could be misconstrued as not answering the question. "

erm, if its 'cotrary to the law' doesn't that entitle 'the polis' to arrest them then??

indeed

If grown adults want to walk the streets in the pissing rain marching to the beat of their drums and flutes let them..its their children i feel sorry for they have no idea why they are there but remarkably then know all the words to the songs??

Auds

Feel sorry for there children oh my god you seriously don't have a clue what you are talking about

Wanna bet?

Been to loads of walk...as i said earlier.what does a wee baby in a buggy sucking a red hand of ulster dummy know about king Billy????

These folk drag their Kids about the street all day in the pissing rain for what

?

falkirk

"

What is wrong with it is that it is Hate Crime and this is illegal.

It is time the authorities got a hold of this issue and stamped on it

The SNP Govt claims to be against it and has introduced legislation following the Old Firm "shame" game - yet allows these parades to continue.

Time to ban them all. Wonder what the manager of Sevco would do with his spare Saturdays?

glasgow

Christianity was meant to unite,must be the most unsuccessful concept in history.

Though people who are members of organisations,that encourage bigotry,may parade under a christian banner,when in fact their dogma,could not be further from true christian values.

central scotland

"Christianity was meant to unite,must be the most unsuccessful concept in history.

Though people who are members of organisations,that encourage bigotry,may parade under a christian banner,when in fact their dogma,could not be further from true christian values."

So true although most will deny it as above.

glasgow

"Christianity was meant to unite,must be the most unsuccessful concept in history.

Though people who are members of organisations,that encourage bigotry,may parade under a christian banner,when in fact their dogma,could not be further from true christian values.

So true although most will deny it as above."

Yep they'll deny it,though everyone within those organisations,and everyone outwith those organisations,so thats pretty much everyone.

Knows it to be true.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Can you name some of the tunes they play and maybe put some of the words in and let us decide?

"It was there King Billy slew the fenians"

"Up to our knees in fenian blood surender or youl die"

Do you recognise? they are hardly hyms.

Both sides marches are sectarian and anyone who denies it is totally blinkered. "

and this song is bad why ...................oh i see because you are looking at it in the context that these words are used now. not with the feelings and determination that it is ment to portray of a great and mighty battle that was fought and means somthing to people (and before you bark up the wrong tree no i am not a member of an orange order)but because of a smal minority yes i did say small they should be banned people will always hate people no matter what banner you want to fly it under but some do celabrate it for the correct reasons right or wrong they are entitled to it mines is a lager am parched after that !!!!!

By *oodguy53Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

LOYALIST MYTHS:

KING BILLY REVISITED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a talk by Gregor Kerr at WSM Open Meeting 7/7/97

It is often said that history is written by the victors. It is probably more true to say however that history is written by the rulers or by those with ambition to rule. In this talk I want to look at the events of a period of Irish history which has had a profound effect on the events of the three centuries since and which is the source of many of the sectarian myths which people - especially those in the Six Counties - are still suffering the consequences of. Over three hundred years ago two contenders for the English throne fought their way around Ireland. Nationalist historians extol the virtues of the "Patriotic" Irish forces and their French allies which fought with King James II in defence of Catholicism and Ireland. Unionist politicians and historians on the other hand praise the memory of King William of Orange and his great victory at the Battle of the Boyne in defence of "Civil and Religious Liberty". The truth however is vastly different.

The Orange Parades on and around the twelfth of July have long been a bone of serious contention and indeed a source of sectarian conflict in the Six Counties. Members of the Orange Order demand their unalienable right to march the Queen's highway, as their forefathers before them have done, in commemoration of the victory of King William of Orange at the battle of the Boyne - a victory (as the Orangemen see it) for religious and civil liberty. Nationalists, on the other hand, see the Orange Parades as nothing more than a coat-trailing exercise designed to keep the Catholic population in their place and to pound forward the message that Northern Ireland is an Orange state and that nationalists are and will always remain second class citizens in that state.

It is interesting in this context to look back at the events of just over 300 years ago and to analyse exactly what was involved in the war between William of Orange (King Billy as he is popularly known) and James II of England. This war - popular mythology would have us believe - was a struggle to defend the Protestant religion against the Roman Catholic Church. In reality, however, the Williamite War - in Ireland - was effectively a war between two factions for mastery over the Irish people. And far from being a war to defend Protestantism against the Catholic Church, William of Orange counted among his allies none other than the Pope of Rome - the head of the Roman Catholic Church!! The Pope and King Billy were in fact political buddies engaged in a bitter European power struggle in which Ireland's people - both Catholic and Protestant - were mere sacrificial pawns.

England - and even more so Ireland - were for William of Orange (the ruler of Holland) simply useful tools in his campaign to free Holland from French domination. James II of England had fled to France and to the protection of Louis XIV following an unsuccessful attempt to give all chief state offices in England to Catholic aristocrats. An alliance composed of wealthy landowners and merchants and the Church of England - alarmed by James' actions - invited his son-in-law, the ruler of Holland - William of Orange - to take over!

On November 5th 1688, William landed in England and James found himself deserted by his army, navy, court functionaries, the Law, the Church, the City and even his own family. Fearing for his life, he fled to France and the safety of the Court of Louis XIV. William and his wife Mary were installed as joint monarchs of England after they had agreed a Bill of Rights and an Act of Settlement (which limited the royal succession exclusively to Protestants, even marriage to a Catholic being a disqualification).

In order to understand the effects of all this on Ireland, we must first of all understand what was going on in Europe at the time. We must ask why did William, a Dutchman, come to England, and why did James seek political asylum in France? Louis XIV, autocrat of France and supreme representative of feudalism in Europe, was busily engaged at the time in spreading French dominance in the western world. In the struggle to achieve control Louis required allies, and to upset the balance of power he needed England on his side. James' flight to France was thus mutually beneficial for both the French monarch and the deposed English monarch. James saw his alliance with Louis as a means whereby he could re-establish his dominance at home whereas Louis saw the potential of a re-installed James in terms of his own efforts to dominate Europe.

William of Orange, on the other hand, was fighting for the independence of Holland against Louis and as such was very interested in having England on his side. Thus William's view of the throne of England was its usefulness in defending the national independence of Holland.

It is because William - a Protestant - came to England at the invitation of the Whigs to help them defeat James - a Catholic - that the Williamite war has since been described as a struggle to defend the Protestant religion against the Roman Catholic Church. However the historical realities of the alliances formed in Europe at the time explode this Orange-Unionist-Protestant myth. In fact Catholic Spain was one of William's main allies in the fight against the spread of French dominance. And - wait for it - the Pope - as temporal monarch of Italy - was a fervent supporter of William's claim to the English throne and a military ally in the fight against Louis and France. When William and his army arrived on English soil, he brought with him a Papal blessing and a banner proclaiming the support of Italy and the Pope!!

central scotland

I wonder how many realy know the history and how the pope actualy supported Billy.

Still think all Orange and Republican parades should be banned. They have no worth in todays society.

Stirling

"I wonder how many realy know the history and how the pope actualy supported Billy."

My answer to that one is yep i am aware of the history of it all

But what a lot are not aware of is that the "orange order" was created in 1795 purely as a form of protection. not for sectarian reasons at all. and it never has been about that

central scotland

At the hieght of the troubles in NI the paramilitaries of both sides were in collusion purely to make money like any other business does, it was the footsoldiers as usual who took all the risks for "the cause"

All people in the orange order are aware of its background, what it stands for as im sure are the aoh. I defend these orders rights to parade in a democratic country more than I do some republican groups glorifying the ira

If they`ve got to parade about like numpties do it in places where you`re welcome , not in areas where you know you`re upsetting the vast majority of decent citizens who are not interested in this shite.

glasgow

"I wonder how many realy know the history and how the pope actualy supported Billy.

My answer to that one is yep i am aware of the history of it all

But what a lot are not aware of is that the "orange order" was created in 1795 purely as a form of protection. not for sectarian reasons at all. and it never has been about that"

so as a non sectarian organisation,how many catholics do you think marched yesterday.

"If they`ve got to parade about like numpties do it in places where you`re welcome , not in areas where you know you`re upsetting the vast majority of decent citizens who are not interested in this shite."

Going by the crowds in Stirling and in Glasgow on sat I think they were more than welcome. Roll on Thursday

Glasgow

People living the past. Small minds find it hard to progress in life. Prince William and King James were part of history, and history is where it should remain. Not dragged up every summer to satisfy the bigotry and hatred of some. And that goes for all such marches on both sides.

"People living the past. Small minds find it hard to progress in life. Prince William and King James were part of history, and history is where it should remain. Not dragged up every summer to satisfy the bigotry and hatred of some. And that goes for all such marches on both sides."

Both sides ? Can't compare the 2 sorry they are total different. Ww1 and ww2 is in the past should we scrap Rememberence Sunday etc then ? History and tradition is nothing to be ashame of

"If they`ve got to parade about like numpties do it in places where you`re welcome , not in areas where you know you`re upsetting the vast majority of decent citizens who are not interested in this shite.

Going by the crowds in Stirling and in Glasgow on sat I think they were more than welcome. Roll on Thursday "

If you had read my post correctly it said decent citizens , not the mob who marched through Glasgow on Sat with over 40 arrests.

Glasgow

"People living the past. Small minds find it hard to progress in life. Prince William and King James were part of history, and history is where it should remain. Not dragged up every summer to satisfy the bigotry and hatred of some. And that goes for all such marches on both sides.

Both sides ? Can't compare the 2 sorry they are total different. Ww1 and ww2 is in the past should we scrap Rememberence Sunday etc then ? History and tradition is nothing to be ashame of "

Don't throw remembrance sunday and 2 world wars at me as some kind of justification of your beliefs. I served my country, in N Ireland and the Gulf. Don't think I've ever seen d*unken bigoted louts fighting on Remembrance Sunday in Glasgow?

These parades are nothing but days of celebration of bigoted mob rule. Something that troops were deployed to quash, and restore law and order in 1916 and the late 60's. If people believe in it so much, go live in Ireland where the battle took place, and you can celebrate it every day if you like. That'll leave the people of Glasgow in peace.

"If they`ve got to parade about like numpties do it in places where you`re welcome , not in areas where you know you`re upsetting the vast majority of decent citizens who are not interested in this shite.

Going by the crowds in Stirling and in Glasgow on sat I think they were more than welcome. Roll on Thursday

If you had read my post correctly it said decent citizens , not the mob who marched through Glasgow on Sat with over 40 arrests."

37 arrests. Not one would have been involved in the parade I bet. I'd you have thousands of ppl in one place at one time ofcourse you will get some idiots that's not the orange orders problem that's societys problem. At every big event you will find arrests

"People living the past. Small minds find it hard to progress in life. Prince William and King James were part of history, and history is where it should remain. Not dragged up every summer to satisfy the bigotry and hatred of some. And that goes for all such marches on both sides.

Both sides ? Can't compare the 2 sorry they are total different. Ww1 and ww2 is in the past should we scrap Rememberence Sunday etc then ? History and tradition is nothing to be ashame of

Don't throw remembrance sunday and 2 world wars at me as some kind of justification of your beliefs. I served my country, in N Ireland and the Gulf. Don't think I've ever seen d*unken bigoted louts fighting on Remembrance Sunday in Glasgow?

These parades are nothing but days of celebration of bigoted mob rule. Something that troops were deployed to quash, and restore law and order in 1916 and the late 60's. If people believe in it so much, go live in Ireland where the battle took place, and you can celebrate it every day if you like. That'll leave the people of Glasgow in peace."

So you need to be from norn ire to celebrate it ? You do know e was our king aswell. Scottish people also fought in the battle. And someone said its in the past so forget it. Alot of things are in the past but still get celebrated. Bigoted parades ? That's your view. They have every right to march just like everyone else.

Glasgow

If you know anything, you'll know that a CATHOLIC Pope gave him funds to raise the army to do battle with King James. It was all over politics, nothing more. Prince William was about to discuss terms of ceasefire to end the battle, but King James, who was suffering from mental illness, sent someone to offer surrender. So there almost wasn't any victory to celebrate. Knowing history is one thing, celebrating bigorty is quite another.

"If you know anything, you'll know that a CATHOLIC Pope gave him funds to raise the army to do battle with King James. It was all over politics, nothing more. Prince William was about to discuss terms of ceasefire to end the battle, but King James, who was suffering from mental illness, sent someone to offer surrender. So there almost wasn't any victory to celebrate. Knowing history is one thing, celebrating bigorty is quite another. "

Who celebrates bigotry ? Only

Hate I see on this thread is for the orange order.

Stirling

The Orange Order was founded in Ireland in 1795. Its background was the conflict between Roman Catholics and Protestants which exists sadly to this day. In the year 1641 for instance there was a terrible massacre in Ireland in which it is estimated that up to 100,000 Protestants were brutally murdered by their Catholic neighbours...It was partly the fear of acts like this recurring which led Protestants in the 1690's to look to the Prince of Orange, later Willam 3rd for protection. After a disturbance in Benburb on 24th June 1794 in which Protestant homes were attacked, the Freemasons organisation was appealed to. The Masons refused, whereupon James Wilson, indignant at their lack of help left them and prophesied that 'he would light a star ..which would eclipse them forever'. After the battle of the Diamond (near Loughgall) on 21st September 1795 the Protestants avowed to defend themselves. Thus a new organisation was formed into which James Wilson brought his Orange Boys, for which he was awarded the first Orange warrant LOL 1

Who fancies a swingers parade lol,no bigoted numpties allowed .

"Who fancies a swingers parade lol,no bigoted numpties allowed . "

Best post ive seen on here lets just make luv not war

Glasgow

"Who fancies a swingers parade lol,no bigoted numpties allowed .

Best post ive seen on here lets just make luv not war "

I'm up for that!!!

"Who fancies a swingers parade lol,no bigoted numpties allowed . "

Bigoted numpties

Can ppl just let it go now please i think its pretty clear there is a divide on opinions

Bigoted numpties "

Yes bigoted numpties! Parade on the 12th if u want to come along or maybe ul be sumwer celebrating an outdated tradition .

Bigoted numpties

Yes bigoted numpties! Parade on the 12th if u want to come along or maybe ul be sumwer celebrating an outdated tradition . "

Look up te word bigoted you will find your the one who comes across as a bigot on this thread. Yes I will be somewhere else. You can watch it on bbc1 it's that offensive etc they have it on the tv for an hour and a half on te 12th