FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Hotel

Hotel

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elsbells2011 OP   Couple  over a year ago

fife

It’s our anniversary on Wednesday and we had a little hotel booked in Edinburgh just for a little getaway and enjoy the pool facilities. Obviously fife has moved into tier 3 so we aren’t aloud to go now. Hubby just phoned to cancel the booking since we have the flex booking and the lady on reception was trying to convince him to still go. Her exact words were you are still aloud to travel if it’s for a funeral or wedding so if you get questioned just say it’s one of those. Surely they shouldn’t be openly encouraging flouting the rules. Very tempting but not worth the fine or even risking lockdown for Christmas

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good point.

They are obviously encouraging you to flout the rules.

Happy Anniversary on Wednesday x

By *itznBobz2018Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

I can understand why they are asking you to flaunt the rules. Most hospitality venues are on there knees and a lot will go out of business. But it is wrong of them to try to suggest you still go

Bobz

Openly encouraging you to flaunt the rules is poor. I was meant to be in Belfast next week for a few days break. Booked the hotel in Feb and paid in advance as non refundable. Phoned them today and they said I can move the date or get a full refund. Hats off to them. I'll be making sure I stay there once this all blows over.

As for your hotel booking. The longer people disregard the rule (both business and individuals) the longer this will go on. Hats off to you for cancelling and resisting the temptation. It's not easy.

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Tynemouth

Some hotels only want you to go if you have to go to work and you need to show proof.

The whole thing is a farce now. I suggest you do whatever you want to do

"The whole thing is a farce now. I suggest you do whatever you want to do "

What's farcical?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"It’s our anniversary on Wednesday and we had a little hotel booked in Edinburgh just for a little getaway and enjoy the pool facilities. Obviously fife has moved into tier 3 so we aren’t aloud to go now. Hubby just phoned to cancel the booking since we have the flex booking and the lady on reception was trying to convince him to still go. Her exact words were you are still aloud to travel if it’s for a funeral or wedding so if you get questioned just say it’s one of those. Surely they shouldn’t be openly encouraging flouting the rules. Very tempting but not worth the fine or even risking lockdown for Christmas "

That is dreadful but also sad that businesses are clutching at straws to stay afloat.

By *elsbells2011 OP   Couple  over a year ago

fife

Yeh they must be totally desperate which is a shame. Been trying to stick by the rules although it’s hard. Even if we did plan to go all the restaurants and pubs are closed, the hotel has closed pool facilities so would be paying £65 to sit in a hotel room after 6pm

"The whole thing is a farce now. I suggest you do whatever you want to do

What's farcical?"

The way the goal posts are currently being changed at the last minute where I live.

The impact the whole of the last 8 months have had on people's mental health, the people who have long term conditions that have gotten worse, people who have died due to lack of medical treatment and testing because the GP won't see anyone and routine appointments aren't happening, the people who's quality of life are rapidly deteriorating due to loneliness and isolation, the people who have lost their incomes and in many cases even opportunities to earn money. The fact the virus is apparently so clever it can determine when I go into an area for work and when I don't.

"The fact the virus is apparently so clever it can determine when I go into an area for work and when I don't.

"

I don't think anyone has suggested that.

What's farcical?

The way the goal posts are currently being changed at the last minute where I live.

The impact the whole of the last 8 months have had on people's mental health, the people who have long term conditions that have gotten worse, people who have died due to lack of medical treatment and testing because the GP won't see anyone and routine appointments aren't happening, the people who's quality of life are rapidly deteriorating due to loneliness and isolation, the people who have lost their incomes and in many cases even opportunities to earn money. The fact the virus is apparently so clever it can determine when I go into an area for work and when I don't.

"

This is a good time to purchase private medical insurance if you do not already have it

many pay to get a car serviced but ignore their own health

waiting lists on NHS are crazy,

By *enEdin4funMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"The whole thing is a farce now. I suggest you do whatever you want to do "

Have to agree. Seems like it’s the proverbial sledgehammer approach to every aspect of this without taking into account the differing risks which might exist.

I sure as hell don’t want to catch Covid and agree we should take sensible and reasonable measures to prevent that but am struggling to describe current restrictions in that way.

Just hope this damn vaccine is successful though I’ve probably opened another can of worms with that...

By *aseMan  over a year ago

Gourock

It's a scamdemic...Go for it..

Have to agree. Seems like it’s the proverbial sledgehammer approach to every aspect of this without taking into account the differing risks which might exist.

I sure as hell don’t want to catch Covid and agree we should take sensible and reasonable measures to prevent that but am struggling to describe current restrictions in that way.

Just hope this damn vaccine is successful though I’ve probably opened another can of worms with that..."

What would sensible and reasonable measures look like for you?

By *enEdin4funMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Avoid mass gatherings, wearing masks in certain places, restrict overseas travel, proper track and trace (not the ineffectual system we have at present) all sensible and reasonable. Arbitrary internal travel restrictions, shutting down all sectors of the economy, blanket ban on indoors meeting not so much IMO.

» Add a new message to this topic