FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Johnson

Johnson

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ering Sea OP   Man  over a year ago

Penicuik

So he’s lied to parliament, will loyalist Douglas Dross demand his resignation. ?

Will ermine clad unelected Ruth the mooth Davidson demand his resignation ?

Will the clown be grilled for 8 hours ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-covid-contracts-court-b1813003.html

With a 80 majority and a shite Labour opposition the tories are lining their pockets.

#nevertrustatory

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Some of the contracts were ridiculous it’d never fly in a private company. I remember at the time looking at the pest control one and the company directors had open facebooks with pictures from Tory parties so it wasn’t hard to find the link. There was no reason for the to have special status.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So he’s lied to parliament, will loyalist Douglas Dross demand his resignation. ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-covid-contracts-court-b1813003.html

With a 80 majority and a shite Labour opposition the tories are lining their pockets.

#nevertrustatory

"

To quote you berring on your comments on the (sturgeon) thread.

"Not sure why the mods never move these threads into politics section for a more adult and educated debate".

Is it not a bit hypocritical of you to start this political thread in here instead of the politics area where you claim you will get a more adult debate ???

Obviously I'm all for you starting threads of any choosing and any platform you wish to express your views entirely up to yourself ( within forum rules of course) but still find the hypocrisy amusing.

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"So he’s lied to parliament, will loyalist Douglas Dross demand his resignation. ?

#nevertrustatory

"

The Tories live rent free in your head.

Penicuik

#nevertrustatory

To quote you berring on your comments on the (sturgeon) thread.

"Not sure why the mods never move these threads into politics section for a more adult and educated debate".

Is it not a bit hypocritical of you to start this political thread in here instead of the politics area where you claim you will get a more adult debate ???

Obviously I'm all for you starting threads of any choosing and any platform you wish to express your views entirely up to yourself ( within forum rules of course) but still find the hypocrisy amusing.

"

Not really, the hypocrisy would come should the thread me moved

Or the hypocrisy in you not calling for his resignation he

By *ally dugsCouple  over a year ago

Motherwell

Shocking a politician lied I thought that was part of the job description

By *aggis100Man  over a year ago

hawick

I am defo not torie but anyone from the brainwashed snp fanatics calling anyone for lying is laughable when there leader lies for fun sad thing is snp idiots actually believe them,i think most scots might want a free country totally independant not ruled by englund or europe but whats the point doing this if everyones going to be worst off which we would be

"I am defo not torie but anyone from the brainwashed snp fanatics calling anyone for lying is laughable when there leader lies for fun sad thing is snp idiots actually believe them,i think most scots might want a free country totally independant not ruled by englund or europe but whats the point doing this if everyones going to be worst off which we would be "

By *dinburgerMan  over a year ago

Perthshire

Saying we’d be ‘worst off’ (sic) is based on nothing of any meaning. How much ‘worst’ off? Based on what exactly? An ability to dictate 100% our own fiscal policy?

Honestly, it’s nothing more than an ever more fragile ‘loyalty’ to the U.K. as a concept, it’s certainly not based on anything meaningful anymore, that ship sailed with years of broken promises and ‘the oath’.

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"I am defo not torie but anyone from the brainwashed snp fanatics calling anyone for lying is laughable when there leader lies for fun sad thing is snp idiots actually believe them,i think most scots might want a free country totally independant not ruled by englund or europe but whats the point doing this if everyones going to be worst off which we would be "

Exactly, if we're talking about lying politicians, we don't need to look any further than Edinburgh.

Penicuik

Bit embarrassing for the Scottish Tories that they now have to call for the resignation of Boris Johnson and an 8 hour interrogation as he has been found guilty of misleading Parliament. Whoops. Over to you Douglas Ross.

By *uffinMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Ah but Tory toast never falls buttered side down

"I am defo not torie but anyone from the brainwashed snp fanatics calling anyone for lying is laughable when there leader lies for fun sad thing is snp idiots actually believe them,i think most scots might want a free country totally independant not ruled by englund or europe but whats the point doing this if everyones going to be worst off which we would be

Exactly, if we're talking about lying politicians, we don't need to look any further than Edinburgh. "

Whos the Prime Minister of UK ?

Penicuik

"I am defo not torie but anyone from the brainwashed snp fanatics calling anyone for lying is laughable when there leader lies for fun sad thing is snp idiots actually believe them,i think most scots might want a free country totally independant not ruled by englund or europe but whats the point doing this if everyones going to be worst off which we would be

Exactly, if we're talking about lying politicians, we don't need to look any further than Edinburgh.

Whos the Prime Minister of UK ?

"

all quite when the toast lies butter side down

Ditto. The hypocrisy of the SNP is amazing. Brexit... Disaster. No deal Brexit would have been even worse. But, Scexit would be pain free, and we'd all have unicorns dumping oil in our back gardens.

We have total control over our NHS, Education, Taxes, Police etc, and they aren't exactly setting the heather alight. We could have had control over our own Social Security, but the current incumbents in Holyrood didn't want to touch that one.

The day and hour someone, anyone, puts forward a fiscal case for independence, I'm in, until then, it's a no for me.

Have seen many keyboard warriors spout nonsense about how we'd be better off, but if their diatribes were true, don't you think you'd have heard SNP politicians telling the same story, over and over. They have never, ever, put forward a credible economic plan for independence.

edinburgh

"Saying we’d be ‘worst off’ (sic) is based on nothing of any meaning. How much ‘worst’ off? Based on what exactly? An ability to dictate 100% our own fiscal policy?

Honestly, it’s nothing more than an ever more fragile ‘loyalty’ to the U.K. as a concept, it’s certainly not based on anything meaningful anymore, that ship sailed with years of broken promises and ‘the oath’."

We would be £15bn worse off overnight. Please detail a list of ways in which the Scottish government would stop this from happening?

"Saying we’d be ‘worst off’ (sic) is based on nothing of any meaning. How much ‘worst’ off? Based on what exactly? An ability to dictate 100% our own fiscal policy?

Honestly, it’s nothing more than an ever more fragile ‘loyalty’ to the U.K. as a concept, it’s certainly not based on anything meaningful anymore, that ship sailed with years of broken promises and ‘the oath’.

We would be £15bn worse off overnight. Please detail a list of ways in which the Scottish government would stop this from happening?"

Don't you know, you don't need to worry about that, it'll all work out alright, we'll sort all that out later, just vote for independence...

As I said above, not one single SNP politician has answered your question, keyboard warriors will spout nonsense, but if what they were saying was true, don't you think we'd have heard it from Nippy, Blackford etc? Oh, wait, there's a unicorn...

Penicuik

"We would be £15bn worse off overnight. Please detail a list of ways in which the Scottish government would stop this from happening?"

Detail how we’d be 15bn worse off ?

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Honestly, it’s nothing more than an ever more fragile ‘loyalty’ to the U.K. as a concept, it’s certainly not based on anything meaningful anymore, that ship sailed with years of broken promises and ‘the oath’."

wouldn't know as snp only deal in hate Westminster engurland the UK and love the EU with all your heart.

They never say here's HOW we will do it lol live on unicorn poop and fresh air fryups

edinburgh

Has Pinocchio welcomed the removal of the 25% whisky tariff?

Maybe it doesn’t suit her narrative of having to thank and praise the U.K. government. Just Nicola doing Nicola things I suppose.

Penicuik

"Has Pinocchio welcomed the removal of the 25% whisky tariff?

Maybe it doesn’t suit her narrative of having to thank and praise the U.K. government. Just Nicola doing Nicola things I suppose."

It wasn’t the UK govt removing the tariff.

Ditto. The hypocrisy of the SNP is amazing. Brexit... Disaster. No deal Brexit would have been even worse. But, Scexit would be pain free, and we'd all have unicorns dumping oil in our back gardens.

We have total control over our NHS, Education, Taxes, Police etc, and they aren't exactly setting the heather alight. We could have had control over our own Social Security, but the current incumbents in Holyrood didn't want to touch that one.

The day and hour someone, anyone, puts forward a fiscal case for independence, I'm in, until then, it's a no for me.

Have seen many keyboard warriors spout nonsense about how we'd be better off, but if their diatribes were true, don't you think you'd have heard SNP politicians telling the same story, over and over. They have never, ever, put forward a credible economic plan for independence. "

Said this since indy ref 1 , show me the proof or a plan and I'm behind it. Just say ach it will be ok and they can feck off .

hawick

The SNP fanatics have never been able to say which currency we would have ,what settlement we would have to pay back to Westminister for covid and other related debts which we would have to pay back all of which affects what we could borrow as a country in the money markets also for us to run as a independent country the taxes would be huge just to keep what services we have now,mis guided snp always said oil taxes would help cover services which is not true as oil prices are very low they have no credible plan and blaming englund or tories doesnt hide their stupidity

Penicuik

Rishi Sunak borrowing £407 billion but Scotland can’t afford to be Independent. Work that one out.

hawick

Britain borrowed 400b not Rishi Sunak and only can do so because it has built up credit on the money markets which it can pay back at low interest Independent Scotland would get not very good rates taxes would be even higher and we would be so much in debt paying back our share of covid debt and just keeping afloat our present tax rates would not cover services at present rates hence even less police hospitals roads etc and i for one would not want this country even more screwed up on the whim of a bunch idiotic fanatics who have and never had any credible financial planning on currency or central bank etc

Penicuik

Britain isn’t a country it’s a land mass.

Sunak is chancellor with the begging bowl.

hawick

TRUTH hurts what do you think an indi Scotland would do you are very deluded if you think Scotland would not have to borrow money and always the same old but its englunds fault or the tories or labour but not the greens the Snp just let the rich stick up wind turbines anywhere and blight the scottish country side to keep the greens on side one day you might wake up and smell the coffee like the rest of the fanatics before its too late the SNP just pedal HATE actually the only thing their good at .

Penicuik

"TRUTH hurts what do you think an indi Scotland would do you are very deluded if you think Scotland would not have to borrow money and always the same old but its englunds fault or the tories or labour but not the greens the Snp just let the rich stick up wind turbines anywhere and blight the scottish country side to keep the greens on side one day you might wake up and smell the coffee like the rest of the fanatics before its too late the SNP just pedal HATE actually the only thing their good at ."

Big enough, smart enough, rich enough.

Penicuik

Times running out for Teflon man.

Sleaze, cronyism and scandal after scandal.

By *ink-KameraMan  over a year ago

Livingston

Why would Scotland have to pay back "Covid debt"? Surely if Scotland or Wales Or even Northern Ireland split from Team GB they would be expected to have some sort of divorce settlement but it wouldn't be specifically Covid related. Its like Divorcing your wife and having to pay her for every meal she ever cooked you

By *orders CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Kelso

I love the fact that there's a politics forum on fab. It means I can avoid it.

It's a shame this thread wasn't posted on there!

Penicuik

"I love the fact that there's a politics forum on fab. It means I can avoid it.

It's a shame this thread wasn't posted on there! "

You could have avoided this simply by skipping by the topic.

Kelso

"

I know to avoid your posts in future. I am disappointed that you made no reference to posting in the politics forum in future. Sounds like you'd make a 'good' politician!

Penicuik

I know to avoid your posts in future. I am disappointed that you made no reference to posting in the politics forum in future. Sounds like you'd make a 'good' politician! "

If you read back at the beginning of the thread you’ll notice the irony of posting it here like the many sturgeon threads.

There is also a virus forum but you make no reference to having it moved when you posted on that.

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/scotland/1146975

I love how the Scottish forum just brings us all together like one big happy family.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

"I love how the Scottish forum just brings us all together like one big happy family.

"

Indeed - think I'll head back to the others

Kelso

I know to avoid your posts in future. I am disappointed that you made no reference to posting in the politics forum in future. Sounds like you'd make a 'good' politician!

If you read back at the beginning of the thread you’ll notice the irony of posting it here like the many sturgeon threads.

There is also a virus forum but you make no reference to having it moved when you posted on that.

"

You're absolutely right. If the discussion about politics or the virus etc is relevant to Scotland then it is acceptable.

"Why would Scotland have to pay back "Covid debt"? Surely if Scotland or Wales Or even Northern Ireland split from Team GB they would be expected to have some sort of divorce settlement but it wouldn't be specifically Covid related. Its like Divorcing your wife and having to pay her for every meal she ever cooked you"

It's not really , it's more like divorcing the wife and having to pay your share of the car loan for the car you both use.

By *cots tottyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

??

No one in Scotland should have to even utter the word Tory

Penicuik

You're absolutely right. If the discussion about politics or the virus etc is relevant to Scotland then it is acceptable. "

Apology accepted

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sturgeon now admits that there would need to be a hard border with England, IFS says Scots would drop about 8% of salaries and another report talks about the big fall in GDP as there would be no trade deals. Sturgeon was on TV talking about trying to join the EU, which is not guaranteed and the average entry time is 10 years, as it is the world's biggest market. It might be but it only takes £20 billion of goods and rUK takes £60 billion. Which one is the best market to keep?

Sturgeon now admits that there would need to be a hard border with England, IFS says Scots would drop about 8% of salaries and another report talks about the big fall in GDP as there would be no trade deals. Sturgeon was on TV talking about trying to join the EU, which is not guaranteed and the average entry time is 10 years, as it is the world's biggest market. It might be but it only takes £20 billion of goods and rUK takes £60 billion. Which one is the best market to keep? "

Yeah but we'll be independent. so insignificant details like that don't matter.

» Add a new message to this topic