FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Going back into your workplace

Going back into your workplace

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ivingston fun OP   Man  over a year ago

Livingston

How does everyone feel about having to go back into an office environment over the coming months.

My work has started discussions and even though my contract is a 3/2 split in favour of home working not sure how I feel about being back in an office, half expecting my immune system to have got used to not fighting against the Aircon bugs

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"How does everyone feel about having to go back into an office environment over the coming months.

My work has started discussions and even though my contract is a 3/2 split in favour of home working not sure how I feel about being back in an office, half expecting my immune system to have got used to not fighting against the Aircon bugs"

Know what you mean, I wanted to be back at work last May now I quite like working from home, I am in one day a week and I think it will increase over the next few weeks.

By *tarburst babydollCouple  over a year ago

Dingwall

I'm jealous of all you folk that have been able to work from home. I have been off work for over a year now and can't wait to get back. Hopefully soon.

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Actually did a call today, yippee, mind you it was only 7 miles away.

But it was the first since last October.

Wouldn't know both of us have been forced to work through out the pandemic within our place of work not as lucky as some who have been able to protect themselves and families p

I think our building is likely far safer than many other places. I've worked there right through and can't wait to have more people back in.

Sadly I don't think it will ever return to how it once was.

Anyone should have access to their employers covid risk assessment. Employees have an obligation to share this with all staff.

Hopefully it is comprehensive and should be able to make most people feel a bit more reassured that all reasonable steps have been taken to reduce risks as far as is practical.

Anyone who has been shielding should complete a return to work risk assessment based on their own situation.

Infact, anyone who is anxious should have the opportunity to discuss this with their employer and where needed complete an individual assessment too.

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

I took the option to switch to permanent WFH

By *owboy BebopMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m very lucky as pre-covid as I had capacity to work from home 2/3 days per week (if I wanted), but I’m absolutely bursting to get back to the office.

Can’t wait to see all my colleagues, bit of interaction and have a laugh..... some of them may sometimes be a pain in the arse, but their my pain.... and I’m looking forward to seeing them all.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

My work has started the discussions and they threw a date out, but it turns out the local Office managers have been going by Jimmy Crankie's advice and are planning for phased returning starting at the end of June.

Our bosses however decided to tell us to get back into the office on the 1st June because they're based in England and following the UK Government rules.

So right now there's a bit of conflict, as the office needs to be fully assessed and several items need health and safety checked.

However I may be lucky and get to continue working from home for a while.

Mandy

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

"My work has started the discussions and they threw a date out, but it turns out the local Office managers have been going by Jimmy Crankie's advice and are planning for phased returning starting at the end of June.

Our bosses however decided to tell us to get back into the office on the 1st June because they're based in England and following the UK Government rules.

So right now there's a bit of conflict, as the office needs to be fully assessed and several items need health and safety checked.

However I may be lucky and get to continue working from home for a while.

Mandy"

Scotland isn’t England different countries so despite you’re angst you’ll adhere to the scot govt guidelines

I think alot of folk are overthinking it.

Iv never stopped working. myself or all my family.

Not 1 got it thankfully.

No jabs either..

Normal life has to resume sometimes.

I wouldn't know how it will feel. The way things are going I doubt I'll get back as the last time I was in the office was last July and that was only for a fortnight x

I have been at work since the start of this pandemic. Anyone working with product must be on site.

Support staff were working from home and their attitude to coming back on site stinks. We, the ones who have had to be there, followed all government guidelines. No one got sick. The work went over board with their precautions also but good on them. There was a couple of people who did contract the virus but they were in contact with their family members who passed it on.

The one thing that rips ma knitting about the ones working from home at my work, is the statement they dont feel safe. Like that's a massive F you to the ones who had no option but to come on site, be single points of failure if we contracted the virus or had to self isolate..sorry for the rant. This is red rag to a bull stuff with my work mates fir me

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Have worked through from home and there’s no sign of us heading back to an office any time soon

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Our place sent us home before the government announced lockdown. They are ultra cautious and extremely risk averse. They’ve also now realised how much money they save from not having us in the office. I think they will definitely encourage at least partial wfh going forward. I’ve prepared my team for a possible 3/2 split in favour of wfh.

Overall I’m wary of returning, but also aware that I need to at some point. The days of sitting round a meeting table are probably long gone bow though.

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

I'll be working from home full time now. Happy about that as it'll save a fair bit of time and money.

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Currently working from home and enjoy it. Saving a fortune on commuting, lunches and above all I dont need to put up with idiot colleagues....long may that continue.

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

The lockdown and restrictions meant we have all worked from home throughout, generally it has been a huge success and proven that there isn't actually a need for most of us to be in the office at all. The company are reviewing everything and looking at relocating to a smaller/cheaper office and remote working will continue indefinitely for many of us.

It looks like I will be office based only 1 or 2 days a month, which will also save me a fortune in child care costs.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Hate to say it but what has become of us I see lots of "when we are allowed" "scared of going back to work/building" I only stopped working in our building for 2 months last Yr been there every week since I work in what would be deemed high risk only difference is a face ask and a smock must now be worn. At no time was I worried about safety after all its my concern nobody else's. The blind faith folk seem to put in others "protecting" you is a more worrying trait I'm seeing

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"I have been at work since the start of this pandemic. Anyone working with product must be on site.

Support staff were working from home and their attitude to coming back on site stinks. We, the ones who have had to be there, followed all government guidelines. No one got sick. The work went over board with their precautions also but good on them. There was a couple of people who did contract the virus but they were in contact with their family members who passed it on.

The one thing that rips ma knitting about the ones working from home at my work, is the statement they dont feel safe. Like that's a massive F you to the ones who had no option but to come on site, be single points of failure if we contracted the virus or had to self isolate..sorry for the rant. This is red rag to a bull stuff with my work mates fir me"

By *andragTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sadly employers may soon realise there are people prepared to work from home for much less money, but their homes may not necessarily be in this country.

By *randmissdemeanourMan  over a year ago

glasgow

All my work will be over zoom for a considerable time, would love to get back to training live again.

» Add a new message to this topic