FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Campervan

Campervan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I’ve booked a camper for a few days in June and I’ve got a list of places I’m gonna be stopping but is there anywhere else that’s a must visit that would be on my route?

My itinerary-

Friday- Edinburgh, Aviemore, Loch Ness

Saturday- Isle of Skye

Sunday- Glenfinnan, Glencoe, Loch Lomond

Monday- Callandar, Edinburgh

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds fab mate. Could you pm me van rental info?

"Sounds fab mate. Could you pm me van rental info? "

Absolutely mate, I’ll drop you a message just now.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Fife

Sounds great, I would love to do that but I would like one like they had on “Meet the Fockers”

"Sounds great, I would love to do that but I would like one like they had on “Meet the Fockers” "

If I could afford an RV I’d definitely be getting one! I’m actually considering buying an old bus and converting it, they look amazing.

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Only comment I'd make, is if you simply want to see these places, fine, but you're not exactly allowing much time to wander around them.

"Only comment I'd make, is if you simply want to see these places, fine, but you're not exactly allowing much time to wander around them."

Cheers for the negativity pal

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Fife

"Sounds great, I would love to do that but I would like one like they had on “Meet the Fockers” "

No idea how I managed the eye roll emoji sorry that was not intentional x

"Only comment I'd make, is if you simply want to see these places, fine, but you're not exactly allowing much time to wander around them.

Cheers for the negativity pal "

It's not negativity, it's an observation of how little you will see in such a short time covering enormous ground but giving so little time to the area. You should try and spend more time in each area to get the full experience of what Scotland has to offer.

near Glasgow

"Only comment I'd make, is if you simply want to see these places, fine, but you're not exactly allowing much time to wander around them.

Cheers for the negativity pal "

As has been said by blackwidow, I'm not being negative in the least, as you'll find out for yourself if you go ahead with your plan.

Take Aviemore as an example, do you want to simply drive down the main street, and say I've been to Aviemore, and then move on?

As someone who spent 10 Christmases and New Years in the area, even spending a day there isn't really doing it justice.

But hey ho, it's up to you of course.

Cheers for the negativity pal

As has been said by blackwidow, I'm not being negative in the least, as you'll find out for yourself if you go ahead with your plan.

Take Aviemore as an example, do you want to simply drive down the main street, and say I've been to Aviemore, and then move on?

As someone who spent 10 Christmases and New Years in the area, even spending a day there isn't really doing it justice.

But hey ho, it's up to you of course.

"

Of course I would spend longer, if I had longer but money and time unfortunately is not on my side so I’m making the most of what I can do. Surely you can appreciate that?

If you don’t have anything positive to say, I’d rather you just didn’t say it at all. I’m looking for advice on places to visit, not for someone to take the joy out of something I’ve been looking forward to.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

He's not trying to take the joy out of it but it is a hell of a lot of driving and the roads will be busier by then meaning journeys can take twice as long. He's possibly meaning that you may find more enjoyment going to one or two less places and being able to stop, stretch your legs, wander a bit and actually see them rather than just tick it off a list

By *ye rolls matter!!Man  over a year ago

Glasgow area

"So I’ve booked a camper for a few days in June and I’ve got a list of places I’m gonna be stopping but is there anywhere else that’s a must visit that would be on my route?

My itinerary-

Friday- Edinburgh, Aviemore, Loch Ness

Saturday- Isle of Skye

Sunday- Glenfinnan, Glencoe, Loch Lomond

Monday- Callandar, Edinburgh"

Probably already know but...

Skye - visit the fairy pools

Glenfinnan - Harry Potter Bridge

Glencoe - Google map the location to get a pic like the one in Bond Skyfall.

Loch Lomond - Falls of Falloch!

near Glasgow

" If you don’t have anything positive to say, I’d rather you just didn’t say it at all. I’m looking for advice on places to visit, not for someone to take the joy out of something I’ve been looking forward to. "

Something positive?

Friday - Aviemore

Saturday - Loch Ness

Sunday - Loch Lomond

Monday - The Trossachs(Callander)

Leave Skye for another time. You'll pass Glenfinnan and Glencoe on the way down from Loch Ness, although pass being the operative word!

" If you don’t have anything positive to say, I’d rather you just didn’t say it at all. I’m looking for advice on places to visit, not for someone to take the joy out of something I’ve been looking forward to.

Something positive?

Friday - Aviemore

Saturday - Loch Ness

Sunday - Loch Lomond

Monday - The Trossachs(Callander)

Leave Skye for another time. You'll pass Glenfinnan and Glencoe on the way down from Loch Ness, although pass being the operative word!"

My thoughts exactly skye warrents at least 2 days to fully appreciate it.

No one is being negative they are all positive encouragemet to make the most of a trip, you can always go back to the other places, they are not going anywhere.. I have spent my whole life touring Scotland and still not seen it all, it is a beautiful country with much to see and do. Don't rush it

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

Have to agree with Bothy on this one.

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

You are cramming in a lot to a very short timeframe. Although, driving to and from your destinations will let you see some stunning views and vistas. Sometimes the point of the trip is the journey and not necessarily the destinations.

On that, I’d probably ditch Aviemore and get further north quicker. Not having time to actually experience the place means it may not be worthwhile coming off the road to Inverness. I’d also leave Skye to another time. You could spend 5 days there and not get the whole Skye experience.

Stick to the north west coast, visit Ullapool and spend the night there. That’s an experience!

"You are cramming in a lot to a very short timeframe. Although, driving to and from your destinations will let you see some stunning views and vistas. Sometimes the point of the trip is the journey and not necessarily the destinations.

On that, I’d probably ditch Aviemore and get further north quicker. Not having time to actually experience the place means it may not be worthwhile coming off the road to Inverness. I’d also leave Skye to another time. You could spend 5 days there and not get the whole Skye experience.

Stick to the north west coast, visit Ullapool and spend the night there. That’s an experience!"

Awesome appreciate your help!

Glasgow

"You are cramming in a lot to a very short timeframe. Although, driving to and from your destinations will let you see some stunning views and vistas. Sometimes the point of the trip is the journey and not necessarily the destinations.

Stick to the north west coast, visit Ullapool and spend the night there. That’s an experience!

Awesome appreciate your help! "

You are very welcome. We try and visit up that way at least twice a year, although didn’t manage it at all last year. If you have the time look to visit Applecross. You could easily do Inverness to Applecross and on to Ullapool. An amazing drive and part of the NC500.

You are very welcome. We try and visit up that way at least twice a year, although didn’t manage it at all last year. If you have the time look to visit Applecross. You could easily do Inverness to Applecross and on to Ullapool. An amazing drive and part of the NC500."

Just googled Applecross and it looks beautiful! There’s so many places I’d love to visit, although getting time off from work is a different story haha

Glasgow

You are very welcome. We try and visit up that way at least twice a year, although didn’t manage it at all last year. If you have the time look to visit Applecross. You could easily do Inverness to Applecross and on to Ullapool. An amazing drive and part of the NC500.

Just googled Applecross and it looks beautiful! There’s so many places I’d love to visit, although getting time off from work is a different story haha "

The drive from Lochcarron to Applecross over the Bealach na Ba is stunning.

As previous posters have said you could spend a week in Skye and not see it all but just follow your jose and plan to make no plans. I love just following the brown 'tourist' signs which lead you to viewpoints and gorgeous wee spots.

I would say on your way off Skye, just after Mallaig, head to Traigh beach in Arisaig. Stunning. I took my Campervan there in October and parked up, had a swim and a wee cuppa... perfect wee afternoon.

Btw - I hire my van out but which website did you use?

"As previous posters have said you could spend a week in Skye and not see it all but just follow your jose and plan to make no plans. I love just following the brown 'tourist' signs which lead you to viewpoints and gorgeous wee spots.

I would say on your way off Skye, just after Mallaig, head to Traigh beach in Arisaig. Stunning. I took my Campervan there in October and parked up, had a swim and a wee cuppa... perfect wee afternoon.

Btw - I hire my van out but which website did you use? "

*Nose

By *eppers50Man  over a year ago

Stockport

I think this post is in the wrong place, this is a swingers site not a travel agency… heavens!

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I think this post is in the wrong place, this is a swingers site not a travel agency… heavens!"

I think you are a bit late to the party!

By *tarburst babydollCouple  over a year ago

Dingwall

"I think this post is in the wrong place, this is a swingers site not a travel agency… heavens!"

This is a forum, the post is about Scotland in the Scotland forum. You are in the wrong place, try the Swngers chat forum

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

OP, Out of curiosity, how was your trip? What was your final itinerary? What would you do differently?

By *o and peepCouple  over a year ago

falkirk

"Only comment I'd make, is if you simply want to see these places, fine, but you're not exactly allowing much time to wander around them."
I agree you need more time to find the gems

» Add a new message to this topic