FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Where is the best place to live?

Where is the best place to live?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If you could live anywhere in Scotland where would it be and why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Dumfries and Galloway. Best scenery in Scotland and still reasonably close to cities

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Probably a bit too remote to be realistic, but Wester Ross for me. Beautiful beaches, stunning scenery and a lovely slow pace to life.

By *uriousscot1TV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Dumfries and Galloway. Best scenery in Scotland and still reasonably close to cities "

Clearly not done much traveling in Scotland if you think that place has the best scenery!

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Dumfries and Galloway. Best scenery in Scotland and still reasonably close to cities

Clearly not done much traveling in Scotland if you think that place has the best scenery!"

Travelled and worked all over Scotland all the way up to Cape Wrath and John o groats

By *olgaryMan  over a year ago

Tob

Dumfries and Galloway? Never the place is the forgotten part of Scotland back in the day yes. Over the last 10 years no its went down hill. Am from Castle Douglas lived in dumfries and galloway for 29 years.

Hoping to move to Inverness in the future but possibly sooner with the way big cities are going. Much smaller population, less noise but still plenty of activities and things to do. The scenery is beautiful to say the least.

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

Dumfries and Galloway for me, or stirlingshire. D&g is so under rated the dark sky spots, walks, locals are all incredible. It really has a lot to offer.

Stirlingshire has less scenery but more stuff to do, still crazy abouts of amazing places to explore and you're closer to the cities than in D&g

I'm from Edinburgh and I doubt I could go back to hustle and bustle, oh and property prices.

I'm overlooking the Ochils where I live and I don't think I could get anywhere nicer....

Apart from across in the Trossachs area I suppose..... Aberfoyle, Loch Ard etc etc

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

If we could afford to we would move to the West Coast of Lewis or Harris. Stunning beaches and the best pace to life.

By *tarburst babydollCouple  over a year ago

Dingwall

Wouldn't change where I live. Slow laid back way of life, beautiful scenery and close enough to Inverness if we want a night out with bouncing nightlife. Only downside is when shopping online too many places have ridiculous delivery charges.

By *ariemike11Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"Dumfries and Galloway. Best scenery in Scotland and still reasonably close to cities "

Just had a few days in Galloway and it’s fantastic. Hidden gem.

Definitely West Coast, Loch Fyne and surroundings

Away up the lochs out the way

"Dumfries and Galloway. Best scenery in Scotland and still reasonably close to cities

Clearly not done much traveling in Scotland if you think that place has the best scenery!"

Agree 100% Dumfries & Galloway is pretty much near the bottom for me.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Clearly not done much traveling in Scotland if you think that place has the best scenery!

Agree 100% Dumfries & Galloway is pretty much near the bottom for me. "

Maybe ok, cost wise

By *ungislanderMan  over a year ago

western isles

"If we could afford to we would move to the West Coast of Lewis or Harris. Stunning beaches and the best pace to life. "

Hope you do it’s lonely up here

Too many Tories in D&G for my liking.

"Too many Tories in D&G for my liking."
fantastic reason for not living anywhere CD.

Being an ex cooncil scheme boy , I’m

Happy where I am , but my ideal place ? Fairly close to who gives me butterflies

"Too many Tories in D&G for my liking. fantastic reason for not living anywhere CD.

Happy where I am , but my ideal place ? Fairly close to who gives me butterflies "

Follow the butterflies

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Too many Tories in D&G for my liking. fantastic reason for not living anywhere CD.

Happy where I am , but my ideal place ? Fairly close to who gives me butterflies "

Totally agree follow your gut instincts if something gives you butterflies then it's right for you

By *aturisttwoCouple  over a year ago

dumfries

Just had a few days in Galloway and it’s fantastic. Hidden gem. "

And why didnt you give us a shout lol........we couldve shown you the less touristy places lol..Glad you enjoyed your wee break though

By *sa and HarryCouple  over a year ago

motherwell

Sin City

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

East Lothian

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"If we could afford to we would move to the West Coast of Lewis or Harris. Stunning beaches and the best pace to life.

Hope you do it’s lonely up here "

And depends what you are looking for

By *ohnj21Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Liverpool

By *ungislanderMan  over a year ago

western isles

"If we could afford to we would move to the West Coast of Lewis or Harris. Stunning beaches and the best pace to life.

Hope you do it’s lonely up here

And depends what you are looking for "

A fun sexy couple like yourselfs

By *inthgowmale45Man  over a year ago

linlithgow

Achmelvic. North west coast is stunning.

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

West coast inner Hebrides are beautiful but can’t decide on which island is best. But defo in the middle of nowhere with no neighbours.

Probably jura for me. Spent a lot of time there not so long ago. Amazing laid back way of life. Great community spirit everyone looks after each other. Honesty boxes and end of people's drives with homegrown veg and eggs ect. Such a simple way of life away from the rat race

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 18/07/21 16:52:02]

Lanarkshire

I would completely agree. I am 25 mins from Glasgow and 40 mins from Dumfries. I have tramped the Galloway Hills and fished its rivers and lochs for nearly half a century. I love it all. Particular faves have to be the Gatehouse/ Fleet Valley, Ringford Coast and the Urr/ Moniaive areas. The journey down the Dalveen Pass is an adventure in itself as is the Mennock, Dalmellington, Beattock or Straiton approaches. I never tire of D&G. Nor ever will. I have travelled, lived & worked and holidayed extensively across Scotland North to South, Coast to Coast and out to the isles - and it is all good. But D&G just does it for me.

Lanarkshire

"Probably jura for me. Spent a lot of time there not so long ago. Amazing laid back way of life. Great community spirit everyone looks after each other. Honesty boxes and end of people's drives with homegrown veg and eggs ect. Such a simple way of life away from the rat race"

I know exactly what you mean about Jura. I was advised by a local when I first holidayed there 25 years back to always leave my car keys on the driver seat and the car door unlocked whenever I was parking up for a walk along the coast or hiking up the Paps. I asked him why and he explained that I might lose the keys on the beach or in the heather and I'd never find them again. Also if any farmer or ghillies needed to move my car out of the way for access then they could do that without bother. It was a real shift in conciousness and a beautiful one. You dont forget that.

» Add a new message to this topic