FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Sydney uni

Sydney uni

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lash and Buns OP   Couple  over a year ago

Inverclyde

What's the point of the warning on people's profiles about this uni using pictures???

I suppose my point is, that as soon as you make them available to anyone then they are in the public domain, and therefore any legal recourse you may have had is gone as soon as you hit that submit button

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

it means heee haaawww,,,i think it was started by someone to see how far it would go, and lots of users got took in by it.

From the FAQ:

We've noticed a legal disclaimer paragraph that some people have on their profiles. Should we have one too? What are they about? Do they do any good?

The "legal disclaimer" is pointless nonsense and all does is take up extra space on our servers. Please remove it if you have it on your profile. If you're worried about privacy please set your account to be hidden from non-registered users on your privacy page (this also hides it from search engines but may take a week or two to drop out of search) and remove the notice (and encourage others to do likewise).

Common sense advice would be NOT to put any information on your profile (here, or on any such site) that could identify you or that you don't want to become public! So for your own benefit, don't post phone numbers, real names or email / instant message addresses on your profile that people might see or "Google".

Some people may put non-identifying pics on their public profile but keep face pics private or for friends, for example.

Gives me a bit of a laugh when i see that some profile still have it on.

If Sydney University or anyone else for that matter, stole your pics, are you honestly going to spend the time and money dragging them through to courts, only to find out that as you've posted them on an open forum, you no longer have any control over them?

Take it off and stop being a daftie

» Add a new message to this topic