Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

great new advert with Elaine C Smith

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

just see it very good mate

the statistics are shockingly high.....great advert.....

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

hopefully make more women check themselves to give them a fighting chance against this disease

defo i always check myself as cancer runs in my family so ive always been aware and always have smear tests every year seen, the ad its great hopefully women will be more aware

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

" defo i always check myself as cancer runs in my family so ive always been aware and always have smear tests every year seen, the ad its great hopefully women will be more aware "
any add that brings awareness has got to be good if it makes people take notice....sticky you have smears every year i thought they were only done every 3/5yrs?

[Removed by poster at 17/09/12 10:19:55]

[Removed by poster at 17/09/12 10:29:33]

[Removed by poster at 17/09/12 10:31:48]

[Removed by poster at 17/09/12 10:33:56]

" defo i always check myself as cancer runs in my family so ive always been aware and always have smear tests every year seen, the ad its great hopefully women will be more aware any add that brings awareness has got to be good if it makes people take notice....sticky you have smears every year i thought they were only done every 3/5yrs?"

dam loads of spelling mistakes lol

After i was pregnant with my son i had a routin smear test and they found cancerous cells in the cervix so i had a colposcopy and they got burnt away i got checked a year later , i added it up wrong its defo 3 not 1 my bad , no return so im all good, my Aunty died after battling cancer 3 times she was 45 and died of cervical cancer im more weary , my doctor sends for me by letter and i get checked its got to be done dont ignore it ladies x

as a breast cancer survivor, can i urge all ladies to please do their checks and please go for smears, mamogramms etc when invited, it could save your life.... lads too... check the bits, or get a nice lady to do it for ya

By *nTCouple  over a year ago

funland

had it twice and still here to tell the tale. doesnt run in my family that i know of yet the 2nd one was genetic!!

great ad and will save lives am sure x

"had it twice and still here to tell the tale. doesnt run in my family that i know of yet the 2nd one was genetic!!

great ad and will save lives am sure x"

As some of you may already know, my breast cancer has returned after seven years.

But, thanks to a vigilant GP, a routine mammogram and a shit hot surgeon, I will be operated on next week to remove it and not have to go through all the chemo and radio therapies again.

Only through self checking and not fearing approaching my doctors were we able to catch it so quickly.

I do urge you to check yourselves regularly. xxxx

I didn't know that laine but good luck hun and I hope it all goes well for you xxx

"I didn't know that laine but good luck hun and I hope it all goes well for you xxx "

Thank you Jacs. I'm ecstatic and so relieved, I get to keep my boob and hair this time.

"had it twice and still here to tell the tale. doesnt run in my family that i know of yet the 2nd one was genetic!!

As some of you may already know, my breast cancer has returned after seven years.

But, thanks to a vigilant GP, a routine mammogram and a shit hot surgeon, I will be operated on next week to remove it and not have to go through all the chemo and radio therapies again.

Only through self checking and not fearing approaching my doctors were we able to catch it so quickly.

"

well caught laine hunni , see everyone it does help to save your life if only you take the courage to go when u find any thing that feels out of place on you , cant be said enough to check , check an check again , doc wont mind if its not cancerous in fact they would rather have you in for check up asap than not do any thing about it , , well done to you laine an hope all goes well xxxx

Thank you Sioux. I really do hope that others take notice that even a survivor like me has to still be vigilant and check, so they shouldn't ignore any changes in their breasts xx

I wish u all the best Laine.... Xx

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

And guys check yer bits too. A male vanilla friend got a rare cancer of the moobs. And guys - dinnae be embarrassed about seeing yer GP. Prevention is better than cure.

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

Big hug of relief to you laine xxxxxx

and you are right too silver - men should check themselves regularly too

hugs laine xxxxx from avi

Sending you a huge hug Laine hope all goes well for you.

Kay xxxxx

By *assie4Couple  over a year ago

highlands

a massive hug from us Laine XXXX

Thanks for the hugs xxx and best wishes folks xxx

" defo i always check myself as cancer runs in my family so ive always been aware and always have smear tests every year seen, the ad its great hopefully women will be more aware any add that brings awareness has got to be good if it makes people take notice....sticky you have smears every year i thought they were only done every 3/5yrs?

dam loads of spelling mistakes lol

After i was pregnant with my son i had a routin smear test and they found cancerous cells in the cervix so i had a colposcopy and they got burnt away i got checked a year later , i added it up wrong its defo 3 not 1 my bad , no return so im all good, my Aunty died after battling cancer 3 times she was 45 and died of cervical cancer im more weary , my doctor sends for me by letter and i get checked its got to be done dont ignore it ladies x"

me too vicky i get mammograms every two years and checked every year as iv got a terrible family history all my mothers family died of it so i keep checking so come on ladies dont be shy be carefull x

"

aww hope your ok keep us posted x

Update.

My CT scan showed another tumour, so I had to have another ultrasound and more biopsies taken. This means no operation on Monday till the biopsies for this one are seen by the surgeon. Meeting with the team on Tuesday to find out the plan of action.

Ladies this team at the hospital are so accommodating they ring me at home to talk to me and tell me when next to visit them, no waiting for appointments, no letters in the post. Instantaneous and direct, no hanging about, what more could you ask.

If you have any worries and are not sure about seeing your doctor, believe me if they can act quickly then so should you.

Good luck laine I hope it all turns out in a positive way for you keep positive which I know isn't easy big hugs xxxx

thinking of you laine, nothing worse than the waiting, hugs again, avi

» Add a new message to this topic