FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > members

members

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

so whos joined after the publicity in the papers then????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"so whos joined after the publicity in the papers then????"

Awaits with interest so I can increase my block list. Lol

My last forum post has been deleted !!! Grrrr I guess you've seen this mornings story ?? I think maybe editor might be a member who keeps getting the knock back publishing such crap

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Nope... I've been here way before it.

Saw the post that was deleted, and saw the story... Really annoying that you can't comment on their site without a facebook ID

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Whats the story day...have't got papers yet.

what newspaper???

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

Anybody any idea why it was deleted? Was something added to it that was defamatory? Were at a loss!

Can whoever deleted it give us the courtesy of an explanation please?

"Nope... I've been here way before it.

Saw the post that was deleted, and saw the story... Really annoying that you can't comment on their site without a facebook ID "

It's ridiculous honesty and they certainly picked at someone who seriously doesn't need the stress at this time, totally disgusted by it all I mean I know more folk get laid on dating sites pretending they're looking to date etc and once they've got what they wanted they leave and someone ends up broken hearted and feeling worthless at least in here people know what they want there's no pre conceived ideas of romance or commitment

" Really annoying that you can't comment on their site without a facebook ID "

Set up a fake fb profile then abuse them to your heart's content. Takes about a minute.

" Really annoying that you can't comment on their site without a facebook ID

Set up a fake fb profile then abuse them to your heart's content. Takes about a minute."

The point is not to abuse but to enlighten the readers to the reality and give a more accurate description of what the event and site is really about rather than making out were something were not

By *lasgowguy64Man  over a year ago

Hamilton

anyone got a link to the story?

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"anyone got a link to the story?"

Link was already posted and was deleted

would anyone be kind enought to pm me the link?

By *lasgowguy64Man  over a year ago

Hamilton

just read it....oh well see they're just trying to kick the arse out of the little story they have...but still reinforces why the social side's not for me.

"would anyone be kind enought to pm me the link?"

Google it, I just did, easy enough to find.

holy crap, they've pulled the comments directly off the forum itself, this is not good for the site

"holy crap, they've pulled the comments directly off the forum itself, this is not good for the site"

its not good at all and a waste of so called news ?

which paper

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

"holy crap, they've pulled the comments directly off the forum itself, this is not good for the site"

It's probably too late now as they've been in and around the site for a while.....BUT were pulling all our pics down for the time being. Cant risk family, friends or colleauges spotting us. grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

And no doubt him and his accomplice is rubbing there hands reading the forums for more info googles a wonderful thing

"My last forum post has been deleted !!! Grrrr I guess you've seen this mornings story ?? I think maybe editor might be a member who keeps getting the knock back publishing such crap "

you dont need a link, just go to daily record site, type in swingers or fabswingers,,,,and alll is there to read...xx

was really tempted to creat a fake fb page to post something but is it really worth it

i can see this becoming a weekly thing for new storys bet it coming down from on high at the paper to go after the site

See my post was quoted today in paper,here is quote for next weeks follow up.

Mail me direct and i will give you a story worth publishing ,

wont be buying that particular newspaper or its sister paper again, precious little newsworthy articles in it, nothing more than a gossip column

I actually cant believe they have took peoples comments and published them really sad if thats all the reporter can report !!!

" Really annoying that you can't comment on their site without a facebook ID

Set up a fake fb profile then abuse them to your heart's content. Takes about a minute.

The point is not to abuse but to enlighten the readers to the reality and give a more accurate description of what the event and site is really about rather than making out were something were not "

That's an admirable intention but I think you'd be pissing in the wind, tbh.

I remember seeing a tv show about swingers about 12-15 years ago and it was very much in the freakshow/laugh-and-point vein. The world has changed a lot since then, but the fact that some of the major aspects of swinging are outrageous to a large section of the country's population remains unchanged; hence the articles.

But if you think you can turn the tide, more power to your elbow, and the fake facebook profile is still a solution to your problem

why is it always fab that is in the papers?all the other swinging sites seem to miss exposure in the press.i have always believed that the best filter a site can have is cash.because this site is free it is a sitting duck for all comers with any agenda to sabotage. j

By *rallvalCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

[Removed by poster at 14/10/12 20:18:55]

Just read it and i laugh at all the people including myself who put up the disclaimer on there profile about using pics and comments... The rec now that no one is going to come foward and demand the comments are removed or its a breach because its a swingers site lol

Anything on the net is free rain once its written in a form....

- derek alexander glasgow ayrshire sex -

Put this into google, the journalist who wrote the 2 fabswinger stories and the fox street has previous!

Freedom – but only if it’s hushed up: Swingers’ orgy cancelled by Edinburgh hotel

Families and freedoms, Media October 14, 2012 Comments: 3

someone commented on the daily record website and linked to their blog on the matter...interesting

According to the Daily Record, the Carlton Hotel on Northbridge, central Edinburgh, cancelled a swingers’ orgy when management realised it wasn’t just a masked ball. Now, I am doubtful if indeed it was an orgy and not any other type of social event, but whether or not it was true or not is irrelevant. The fact is, the hotel took an email tip-off at face value and cancelled what they believed was an orgy. I’m not criticising the hotel, who were trying to protect their reputation (if the paper is to be believed), not discriminate against swingers. What does concern me is societal attitudes which forced this cancellation and engender stigma against swingers.

The hotel had to do what they did because of social attitudes. If it wasn’t for us, the general public, discriminating swingers, what would the hotel have to hide? Why could this orgy not boost its reputation, as happens with certain hotels in England?

These attitudes are hypocritical. We all know what goes on in hotels, B&Bs, and the like: affairs, NSA sex, one night stands with people you’ve met on internet dating sites, and of course higher-end prostitution. Hotels don’t screen for any of this. If you go in with your toyboy or mistress, they won’t ask if you’re already married to someone else. They won’t ask for your marriage certificates if you drag your latest internet conquest down to the local Travelodge. They won’t ask if you or your companion is a sex worker. Or if she’s your best friend’s girlfriend. Let’s face it, hotels are not the Sexual Repression Police. As long as you can pay your way, you can do everything the Bible-thumpers tell you you can’t.

So far, so good. But when hotels start cancelling or banning any sex that takes place openly, with dignity, without shame, that is a testament to feeling comfortable with expressing one’s sexuality and having a healthy attitude towards sex, that’s bad. Because it sends a message that sex is only allowable when it is kept dark, secret and guilty. It sends the message that, yes, you’re free to not be a married monogamous heterosexual nuclear family – but only in private. If you express your sexuality and identity in public, that’s not allowed. Again, the conservative-patriarchal model of family and sex is being priveleged; any other sexual expression is confined to the darkness of the bedroom while the patriarchal model appears in adverts, films, books and TV series.

The attitudes of some in this country hold that even in-group (only swingers were invited to the ball/orgy) and consensual sex between adults is still wrong if it does not follow the restrictive conservative-patriarchal model. Allowing other sexual expressions could have (or so management believed) tarnished the hotel’s reputation. It is a stunning double standard: it is perfectly legitimate to allow forms of sex expression close to the conservative-patriarchal model to occur in the Carlton (sex between two individuals), but allowing a form of sexual expression which differs too much from this model is wrong and damaging to the Carlton’s image.

The deliberate sensationalising of this story quite obscures the truth of what happened that day: swingers were stigmatised (as doing ‘bad’ things that might ruin the Carton’s reputation) and discriminated against (by having their event suddenly cancelled). If the Carlton had cancelled an event because the attendees were black, gay or Jewish, the slant on the story and subsequent reactions by the public would have been very, very different. In fact, it would probably have been a criminal offence, or, depending on how carefully the cancellation was worded, at least a base for civil proceedings.

I am very shocked by the stigma that swingers have to face and the extreme levels of sex-negativity in this country. This story also begs the question of what other freedoms we will be denied by establishments or corporations. The freedom given to us by governments and the law is the first, and main, step; we have that. But scial freedom – the freedom given to us by the community, media, public discourse and society in general, is very important as it can sometimes trump the freedoms we are given by law.

was it not the case that it was the organisers and not the hotel who cancelled? J

"so whos joined after the publicity in the papers then????"

Presumably the "joined" bit on profiles would give a hint towards who joined after the publicity....

"so whos joined after the publicity in the papers then????

Presumably the "joined" bit on profiles would give a hint towards who joined after the publicity...."

tongue in cheek, but thats whats wrong with this place,,,everyone is so serious. hardly a laugh in here anymore, not like it was 2yrs ago.

"was really tempted to creat a fake fb page to post something but is it really worth it

i can see this becoming a weekly thing for new storys bet it coming down from on high at the paper to go after the site"

Had this cunning plan.

Fill Scots Forum full of rubbish threads, talking total bollox about anything and everything,(granted theres a percentage already in place,lol), thats gotta get rid of the roving reporter?

or even better,,,,,find out his wife and make her up a profile,,,,lol

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Can only hope and try! Are people really interested? I think not! But the tabloid's hope so! So to any reporters on here get a grip and above all get a life! Oh, and quote me if you want! I'm a single female with No Kids so no real story there is there!!! Ho Ho Ho

hey reporter,,,is yer wife worth one?? are you really here reporting or wanting laid??? lol

[Removed by poster at 15/10/12 22:18:51]

[Removed by poster at 15/10/12 22:26:52]

if your discrete then you have no worries, simples

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"so whos joined after the publicity in the papers then????

Presumably the "joined" bit on profiles would give a hint towards who joined after the publicity...."

hmmmmmm cunning plan,i'm liking it.

i'm thinking,maybe some of the reporters are bi femmes,so while they're here,do yous think sending them a,fancy a shag message,and a nice cock pic,would be to presumptuous.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

But I am discrete! I just hate the fact that adults can not be adults without the newspapers becoming involved! As if people really give a shite about what other people do sexually if it is all consenting!

And I will say the article was actually full of shite, and totally one sided without even trying to collaborate! lazyness at it's best!!!

"someone commented on the daily record website and linked to their blog on the matter...interesting

"

Agreed with a lot of what was written. Probably 90% of it. Right up until the writer tried to make the analogy with race, sexual orientation, religion and...swinging! Lol. As they say on Sesame Street; one of these things is not like the others!

No-one is born a swinger. It's a hobby or activity in the eyes of the law. And a questionable one at that. Many will argue that it's a lifestyle choice and could be held in the same bracket as being a traveller or following a certain religion, but I can't see that standing up in Court.

On an off-topic but tenuously related matter, "analogy" is clearly the most wasted word in the English language."Comparison" already serves a similar role, leaving "analogy" free to mean "the study of anal sex", as it clearly should do. And I volunteer to be the first Professor of this new science

today's news tomorrow's fish and chip wrapper....but everyone will be very untrusting of everyone now

Hands up who when reading a newspaper...

Saw the headline....swingers...

Wouldn't look...not many I bet...

I know I would.

We all knew this pastime wasn't the norm when we joined tho.

» Add a new message to this topic