FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Boxing

Boxing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unshineaftertherain OP   Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Not being cheeky but Taylor won?

I must've been watching another Boxing event.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *implyfun1Man  over a year ago

glasgow

The most blatant corrupt decision you will ever see in sport

By *ishaw cucksCouple  over a year ago

wishaw

I like Taylor but this was embarrassing. We all know boxing is currupt but this took it to a new level.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Embarrassing

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

Actual red neck, no way were they judges watching the same boxing match, corrupt to fuck embarrassing

I must have been hammered and watching another fight than judges.

I sat and watched it with a few friends and as everyone else, we all had it for Catterall. However the only reason that could see the scorecards come the way they have is for the judges to not award Catterall rounds for his clinging and spoiling. The referee, who was bloody dreadful, really should have been deducting points from the 3rd round onwards for Catterall’s tactic to push Taylors head down in the grapple.

But, nevertheless, without the clarification of how they scored it, Catterall won that. The boys defence and countering was top notch! 100% a future champion

OK I actually agreed with one of the judges

As an ex boxer myself I keep score cards during fights

Both boxers had rounds deducted for fouls. Taylor was winning the round 10-9 but had a point deducted making it 9-9

Taylor was winning the round he was floored so instead of a 10-9 in his favour some judges would have made that a 10-8 in his opponent’s favour instead of a 9-9.

Also Catteral had a round deducted during another Taylor round which made that a 10-8 in Taylor’s favour therefore nullified the knock down

So yes I had Taylor winning by 113-112

By *op Gun 1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I didn't think u could have a score of 9-9 on a ten point must system??? Escpially the governing body's on the line it mandatory its a 10 point must system..I like Taylor but he got beat.. Upclose at distance, got the pace dictated to him beat on every level but it was a horrible fight there style's did not gel well at all. Taylors done the right thing no taken the rematch he knows he was lucky better of going another route.

The same argument could be made here regarding the first Froch-Groves fight where Carl won a disputed decision

That time there was a rematch and Carl was 100% up for it and KO’d Groves

Taylor has admitted he started slowly he knows he got it wrong and who is to say he doesn’t KO him in a rematch

The point is a lot of that infighting and pushing, shoving/jostling doesn’t score points neither does landing punches on gloves which I’m afraid to say Jack did a lot of that last night

I stand by my decision on Taylor narrowly taiking that win.

If neither had fighter was deducted points the arithmetic might have been different

I don’t think Taylor a good enough to step up to 147 he should go for the rematch and prove he is the better man.

By *op Gun 1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Thats just maybes though I can only comment on the fight that happened not the possible rematch that hasn't on the night I stand by my opinion he got beat and beat very convincingly and a lot of people think so aswell. If u go by punch stats talyor landed half the punches Catterall did the art of boxing is to hit and not get hit...... The guy did exactly that. Like Nelson said this will make the casual fan walk away.

Stats don’t add up to much

Yes Catteral threw more punches as that’s what the stats record.

If your a judge your not counting the punches thrown but the ones that land and, land on target

Taylor’s arms and gloves are not targets, his head and front of his torso is the target to aim for to score points

Nelson had Josh winning 4 rounds.

I had Josh winning 6-5 and one level and that was the round Josh had a point deducted.

The one big round Jack had was the 8th when he floored Taylor and won a 10-8 round but, blew it in the 10th when losing the round 10-9 went and got a point deducted for persistent fouling making it a 10-8 round for Taylor.

Josh Taylor won the fight in my cats by one point.

Maybe if Jack hadn’t repeatedly fouled him he might have drawn it possibly stolen the points

Jack his own worst enemy I’m afraid and anything else is plain sour grapes

» Add a new message to this topic