FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Refund of Ball money

Refund of Ball money

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have been asked to pass on a message from SandJ the organisers of the ball.

Firstly before i copy and paste,i would like to guarantee that no one has been trying to rip anyone off.As some of you know, someone tipped of the venue and then the Sunday Mail got involved. For people to mention that the organisers have gone to ground is a fair one.. after reading about the policeman i would go to ground also. They are not hiding from the attendees but are being very careful just like a lot of you who are changing there privacy settings.

This is a copy from them.

Hiya, It has been decided after speaking with friends and after the recent posts in the forum about money from the Ball that we are no longer going to give the money to charity but to refund everyone a proportion of the money that is left. We lost the deposit to the hotel and we have already paid out those that asked for a refund over the last week or so. That works out at £8 per person. Its not the full amount you paid but we are not going to be out of pocket.

It will take a few days to refund everyone but we have mailed everyone on the address they paid from. If for some reason we have missed you on the email, let Gandl know, or go to your Paypal history, and look for the payment you made to us and get out mail address from there.

Take Care, S&J

On that note i would like to say a massive thanks to them both for trying there level best do host a wonderful evening. A lot of people asked them to give the money to charity but due to the posts and the uncertainty of some other people we feel the best way is to refund as much as possible and you can then decide to give to the charity of your choice. Any questions please contact me.

G

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We see why they're doing this, but isnt it shit they have to?

We've even been contacted tonite by a dodgy looking single female, on 2 wks, now saying "playing as a couple".

All such a shame.

We'd like to thank them for trying to sort it originally. We still went, & had a good night, but with all this crap going on, may be following them by coming off altogether

"We see why they're doing this, but isnt it shit they have to?

We've even been contacted tonite by a dodgy looking single female, on 2 wks, now saying "playing as a couple".

All such a shame.

We'd like to thank them for trying to sort it originally. We still went, & had a good night, but with all this crap going on, may be following them by coming off altogether "

By *anictechCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow - ish ;-)

Define "Dodgy" it's everyone to their own now. How you run your profile is entirely your own affair.

But it sticks in the mud here. How a decent couple try to arrange a social. Clearly those days are gone.. XxX MT

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

really sad that jns are still getting grief over this when all they actually did was try to sort out a night out for people on here. moneys were offered before they left site and once they leave theyre names get called into question truly disgusted here

By *lay_N_cum2Couple  over a year ago

Somewhere in Scotland

We got our text too...know the feeling cos the same thing happened to us after cancelling the Bunny Ball....sometimes people can say really nasty things...about honest people trying to let other fabbers have a good time...

have mailed.. j&s back...they have our support...xx

L and G..xx

Im very guilty of not reading the whole thread, but without scrolling up, busying myself trying to guage opinion.

We should'nt have to be doing this!!

To sit, put your name down (and thats all u need do initially) to be "at a ball, social" and pay £12, where you meet like minded people, enjoy the venue, then because it goes tits up, because of a complete plonk. to then quibble about those who totally had the best fun, intentions, says more about you than them!!

You simply would not even try to create the event they had created, but now they have gone, easy to create a daft mystique about it all.

Its a huge responsibility,and saying "yes we will attend", still put you in no position to criticise the organisers, unless of course your cock sure you can do better.

Sorry but its oh so so easy to say, "wooh we will attend" youd kinda hesitate at being asked to organise it i bet.

"Im very guilty of not reading the whole thread, but without scrolling up, busying myself trying to guage opinion.

We should'nt have to be doing this!!

To sit, put your name down (and thats all u need do initially) to be "at a ball, social" and pay £12, where you meet like minded people, enjoy the venue, then because it goes tits up, because of a complete plonk. to then quibble about those who totally had the best fun, intentions, says more about you than them!!

You simply would not even try to create the event they had created, but now they have gone, easy to create a daft mystique about it all.

Its a huge responsibility,and saying "yes we will attend", still put you in no position to criticise the organisers, unless of course your cock sure you can do better.

Sorry but its oh so so easy to say, "wooh we will attend" youd kinda hesitate at being asked to organise it i bet.

"

Great _iew point and we were not going.

all this denegrating of the organisers is wrong and must infuriate their friends.

alt this s

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Just to clear some things up from a mods point of _iew as we don't really need anyone slagging off others who were asking valid questions.

No one has slagged off the organisers on the forum.

There were no threads left about the ball other than a few posts in the middle of someone elses thread so any information was hard to find.

People asked where their money had gone because they hadn't heard anything.

I am sure it was just an oversight that some people hadn't had a refund , but you can't blame people for asking and I think even S would admit to that.

"really sad that jns are still getting grief over this when all they actually did was try to sort out a night out for people on here. moneys were offered before they left site and once they leave theyre names get called into question truly disgusted here "

Couldnt agree more! - sorry but these are geuine lovely people who spent months trying to organise a social evening with friends - thats the bottom line.

"Just to clear some things up from a mods point of _iew as we don't really need anyone slagging off others who were asking valid questions.

No one has slagged off the organisers on the forum.

There were no threads left about the ball other than a few posts in the middle of someone elses thread so any information was hard to find.

People asked where their money had gone because they hadn't heard anything.

I am sure it was just an oversight that some people hadn't had a refund , but you can't blame people for asking and I think even S would admit to that.

"

So the hotel cancelled the event yet kept the deposit??? Surely thats a bigger scandal than a group of friends having a night out that the scumday mail can get their teeth in to

They are all getting a percentage of there money back Rugby. I felt that was made very plain at the top of this thread.

Best they can do!

The Hotel kept a fairly large amount of the deposit to cover for the DJ, stage lighting etc etc...

"really sad that jns are still getting grief over this when all they actually did was try to sort out a night out for people on here. moneys were offered before they left site and once they leave theyre names get called into question truly disgusted here

Couldnt agree more! - sorry but these are geuine lovely people who spent months trying to organise a social evening with friends - thats the bottom line."

Likewise.. agree.. they gave up hours and hours of thier time to organise the ball, and then organised an alternative when it was so maliciously sabotaged, very sad state of affairs

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"They are all getting a percentage of there money back Rugby. I felt that was made very plain at the top of this thread.

Best they can do!"

If you had read my post right I didn't question it.

I was just pointing out that no one has slagged them off.

By *hillaxMan  over a year ago

Glasvegas

Received an email from S and J last night, to be honest if I had received that earlier I wouldn't have questioned it.

I, like many other users on here don't have the time to trawl through every thread and read every post on here just to keep up to date with all that is going on in FAB Scotland. To drop a post in the middle of a thread would appear to be acceptable, I wasn't aware of this etiquette and hence why I didn't see it. My mistake.

I do agree with Rugby, and neither of us are challenging S and J, in that if the hotel cancels the booking, they have no legal title over the deposit. A deposit if required by hotels to cover their set up costs in the event that the booking is cancelled by the organiser, this is standard. However, for the venue to cancel the event, and then to keep the deposit is highly irregular, and possibly illegal depending on the terms of the booking (which I am not privy to). As this is money that would be going to charity, it would be a very bad PR exercise for the hotel to hold title over the deposit, when, as we have been led to understand, they cancelled the event at short notice.

Chillax you have more mail re the deposit explaining what has happened, if you want i can copy and paste it on here?

The money is not going to charity now.Its is going back into your paypal account as mentioned at the top of this thread. Well as high a percentage as they can.

G

Glasvegas

Okay, just read the email from late last night.

I was under the impression that the hotel cancelled the event, I wasn't aware that S and J cancelled the event. That will teach me to believe what I read in the Sunday Mail. This shed's a whole different light on the matter.

Yes the organisers cancelled on the Hotel to protect everyones privacy after talking to the events manager.The Hotel did not cancel on the organisers which is why the deposit was lost.

phew case closed i hope .

G

Glasvegas

I was only made aware of this at 11pm last night GandL.

"Yes the organisers cancelled on the Hotel to protect everyones privacy after talking to the events manager.The Hotel did not cancel on the organisers which is why the deposit was lost.

phew case closed i hope .

G"

But still you posted just an hour ago that the hotel is breaking the law?

Lets leave it now and your money will be in paypal soon.

G

coffee anyone

dont care what anyone else says ...we paid for a good night ...we got a fricken great night ..an money was being put to charity .....or it was ...well i for one cant thank J and S enough for all there efforts not only for the ball ...but for rising above it an still managing to pull a night together at the last minute due to a total cretin spoiling it for all of us .....the £12 ticket money doesn't come close to what others lost with hotel costs clothing etc ....but i again for 1 will put any refund i receive to charity myself

think its time to draw a line under it all,its over refunds have been given and lessons have been learned ,not everyone is perfect and we have all made mistakes at some point .

there is no point going over and over what has already been stated time and time again

Dirty

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I think it is wise to remove all, people are getting their money back to do as they wish..

god forbid this weeks Sunday Mail article is as a result of these threads...

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"think its time to draw a line under it all,its over refunds have been given and lessons have been learned ,not everyone is perfect and we have all made mistakes at some point .

there is no point going over and over what has already been stated time and time again

Dirty "

Have to agree, can't turn back the clock

Midlothian

"I think it is wise to remove all, people are getting their money back to do as they wish..

god forbid this weeks Sunday Mail article is as a result of these threads..."

Can just see the headline now, swingers get their knickers in a twist.

Disclaimer : If the headline is as i said it's purely coincidental

"I think it is wise to remove all, people are getting their money back to do as they wish..

Disclaimer : If the headline is as i said it's purely coincidental "

Swingers get their knackers in a twist?

Midlothian

Disclaimer : If the headline is as i said it's purely coincidental

Swingers get their knackers in a twist? "

Shoosh don't wanna give them the credit, this thread will self destruct in 5, 4, 3,.....

"coffee anyone "

with a small 5 for a £1.00 bar? I am your woman xx

"They are all getting a percentage of there money back Rugby. I felt that was made very plain at the top of this thread.

Best they can do!

If you had read my post right I didn't question it.

I was just pointing out that no one has slagged them off."

maybe not slgged them off, but it was suggested they where perhaps dishonest and possibly making a few quid from this, perhaps not slagging off, but still bad all the same.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't agree. The man just posted what had happened to him and was asking had anyone else been ignored in mails.

I thought the man was polite in asking did anyone else get their money.

I really don't know why anyone thinks people shouldn't ask for their money, if it was me and I didn't know the organiser personaly enough that I could get in touch with them privatley then I would have been asking the same questions.

I am guessing as it all seems above board and the refund was just an oversight that the organiser didn't mind someone reminding them that they had missed someone out.

Pmsl at reminding... Rugby you do make me smile!! They were told to give it to charity! Were you on the list and need your money back?

Maybe time to close the thread so there are no more negative stories in the press for your bosses? It will just grow and grow eh?

Thanks for your help.

G

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I wasn't on the list, but if I was I would have been asking where my money went yes.

I think maybe it is now time to mention that we had a mail from S last week saying that he had not saved a list on his PC with all the names on that wanted refunds and that he was hoping people would get in touch if he had missed them.

I really don't think you and others moaning about people asking for their money back is doing the organisers any favours at all.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS....the thread isn't against rules and Admin have said it stays.

Oh the power of being a mod ... i swoon...yeah i though it would stay eh?

Right i am going to leave these forums to you. I imagine your bosses are happy with the publicity in the papers?

I am sure you know best and will wait for my ban.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Glasvegas

I had a few questions because I was getting mixed messages. I have never met not chatted to SandJ before the event, so I don't know them.

However, the email they sent to inform people that the event was cancelled clearly said

"At this point in time, we are unsure what will happen with the money paid to the hotel. If we can get it back, we will refund it to the paypal address you sent it from in due course."

No mention of monies going to charity.

This issue of the deposit from the hotel rose not because I thought SandJ were dishonest, more the fact that I didn't believe that the hotel had a legal claim to the deposit as it was cancelled by the hotel. Again this was stated clearly in the email from the hotel that SandJ shared.

"your booking will be cancelled at that time and a refund will be issued of what you have already paid."

No inference was made of SandJ being dishonest, if anything the hotel holding the deposit after the hotel had cancelled the booking was a concern. However, contrary to their email, it wasn't the hotel who cancelled it was SandJ, which as I mentioned previously casts a whole different light on things.

I can only go on what information I have, and up until an email sent by SandJ at 11pm last night, which I read this morning I had been told the exact opposite.

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

Good God! What do they say about empty vessels?

We had a great night at the non ball, regardless of knowing whether we were getting a refund, partial refund, donating to charity, or lost the whole £12 each. To be honest.....on the night (and since not ever been on our minds) we just looked forward to meeting old and new friends, having a drink a laugh, bit of banter and maybe arranging a meet in the future!

When we read about the refund, thought that's strange we not had mail yet, even though we posted to donate ours.....found it in spam folder, so maybe everyone should check spam and junk folders before shouting their heads off.

Certain people seem hell bent on continuing this rant, and from the outside looking in and reading between the lines, some seem to know a lot more info than has ever been disclosed, and we would question as to why they keep persisting....perhaps Yes, they do protest too much?

Chillax, what do you want? Just tell me and i will sort it..you can mail me your address and i will personally put an extra £4 into the post. If you want a parlimentary debate .. i will try and get a date with Alec Salmond..

What is it you want? Just tell me...you make this out to be a Nixongate scandal..

Just ask the question.. i am happy to answer anything, but please stop just the moaning... bored ...G

Glasvegas

Chill or even Chillax G.

I am thinking the G is for Gertrude in Shakespeares' Hamlet Act III Scene II

I know now I wasn't the only person that didn't know what was happening. So I feel my thread was justified.

There is a lot that I want, but don't think you could help in any way shape or form, thanks for the offer anyway.

You don't need my address, nor need to involve Alex Salmond, that's the last thing this site needs is another MP or MSP involved in a swinging scandal.

Just as an aside, if the money was to be donated to charity, then if it were gift-aided the charity could reclaim at least 20% of the money paid by those donations by taxpayers, and a whopping 37.5% extra from those of us in the 50% bracket. This covers the deposit that was lost. In this day and age, charities need all they can get.

Now do you understand why I was asking questions. That £2500 could have been transformed into £3000 in one fail swoop.

It would have added up until others questioned where the money would go. So Chillax ... cant think of any Hamlet moments for you apart from a cigar ..

Once again you have not said what you are wanting ...you should be a politician, when asked a proper question you deflect...we all know about charity contributions and tax relief ... jeeze your not alone at understanding some business ideas ... so will you put your money to charity as a cash gift? that may take it to £12.50 ...

So your thread is justified, are you all done now? you obviously have no other questions.. so.. done?

"Chillax, what do you want? Just tell me and i will sort it..you can mail me your address and i will personally put an extra £4 into the post. If you want a parlimentary debate .. i will try and get a date with Alec Salmond..

What is it you want? Just tell me...you make this out to be a Nixongate scandal..

Just ask the question.. i am happy to answer anything, but please stop just the moaning... bored ...G"

Can't believe I've been gone for 2 weeks and this is all still going on.

Is it wrong I don't care about my bloody £12, or wrong that I've moved on from the fact the ball didn't happen??

I wasn't online when sandj left, so haven't got a clue what was said...and guess what..I don't care!!

Everyone involved did their best to make the best of it.

Shit happens...smile and move on

"Can't believe I've been gone for 2 weeks and this is all still going on.

Is it wrong I don't care about my bloody £12, or wrong that I've moved on from the fact the ball didn't happen??

I wasn't online when sandj left, so haven't got a clue what was said...and guess what..I don't care!!

Shit happens...smile and move on "

cant agree more

By *llyandjimCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

Just a point, and really sorry to perpetuate. Gandl rightly tried to kill this with his last post. No more needs said on the subject. How about we call this one quits...

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Can't believe I've been gone for 2 weeks and this is all still going on.

Shit happens...smile and move on

cant agree more

"

if i could just have a final say on this thread,

and thats it,no more,over,finished,caput,end of,it's a wrap,closed.

nice ass gam68.

Who chooses when a thread gets closed.

The guy was only askn A question about his OWN money?

Maybe the organisers of the ball should've mailed all those involved before they left instead of leaving it to other folk to answer questions on the subject?

FFs Auds you werent even going...just leave it! Jobs in hand!

By *unybunyWoman  over a year ago

Living in a Scottish office somewhere

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yup Hunny am with you on that lol

"FFs Auds you werent even going...just leave it! Jobs in hand!"
and as I recall...neither,were you?

But its a forum g...was only giving my oppinion..it wasn't your or laines mess to clean up?

"FFs Auds you werent even going...just leave it! Jobs in hand!and as I recall...neither,were you?

But its a forum g...was only giving my oppinion..it wasn't your or laines mess to clean up?"

As I recall - from someone who WAS going - this 'mess' wasnt caused by anyone else than the person/s responsible for sending the email to the hotel.

Is this old chesnut still dragging on..........can you not draw a line and move on!!!!!!!!!! After all it will soon be the next xmas ball

Ps Whos all going?

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow.

"Is this old chesnut still dragging on..........can you not draw a line and move on!!!!!!!!!! After all it will soon be the next xmas ball

Ps Whos all going?"

I hear its being sponsored by The Daily Ranger and Sunday Wail

This probably wont help at all. Lol

We got a full refund upon request. We chose the refund as firstly we did not know the event was for charity. There was no reference to us regarding a charity event. We wished to choose ourselves if moniees were going to charity which charity wouldbe our choice.

At the same time we fully agree with the questions the guy is asking as there was mixed information regarding who did or did not cancel the ball. And a lack of info regarding where or when any monies from the ball would be going.

No one from what i have read in these forums has incinuated any one was upto no good with the money. Whilst the guy only asked perfectly good questions others should not be quite so defensive nor up themselves.

To reiterate. we did get full refund. No hassle no quibble. And we did go to the rearranged night.

Ffs this is dragging on as much as the 50 shades trilogy boringgggggggggg but what is exciting the clocks go back an hour on Sunday more time in bed to ready the next saga

"Ffs this is dragging on as much as the 50 shades trilogy boringgggggggggg but what is exciting the clocks go back an hour on Sunday more time in bed to ready the next saga "
opp ment Read not ready lol but then again al be ready to read it

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Ffs this is dragging on as much as the 50 shades trilogy boringgggggggggg but what is exciting the clocks go back an hour on Sunday more time in bed to ready the next saga "

If they're smart, they'll leave it for a week or two. Lull folks into a false sense of security and wait for a standing cock to make a fatal mistake.

» Add a new message to this topic