FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Ardeer beach

Ardeer beach

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ust along for the ride OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hi, never been to Ardeer beach, but curious to know if any of you have been, and what it's like??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

There's sand, water and sunshine on a good day

By *orge71Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hi, never been to Ardeer beach, but curious to know if any of you have been, and what it's like?? "

Nae pedallos

By *hrobbermanMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

The whole Ardeer site was a massive Dynamite and Explosives manufacturing site for about 100 years from the 1870's until the late 1960's. About 10,000 people worked there (every day) at its peak. It was owned by Alfred Bernhard Nobel who made £ Millions and invented the Peace Prize on the profits from Dynamite and Weapons! The site is now awash with sand and half buried in the sand dunes.

There were also massive Pig Iron Smelters on the foreshore at Ardeer Beach. The huge (unfinished) jetty at the Stevenson end of Ardeer Beach was built to allow ships in to drop off Iron Ore and take away the smelted Iron. Those works ran from the early Victorian Period to the 1930's.

It sounds like a terrible post-industrial landscape... but it looks like this.

https://goo.gl/maps/ZcSS37ZuSapX2oZu9

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi, never been to Ardeer beach, but curious to know if any of you have been, and what it's like?? "

I been a few times, probably around a mile along the beach where people get naked, its not an official nudist beach and you do get people just wandering along so can be awkward, fun is usually had in the dunes, everytime I been there it has been all guys, go along and see how you get on, it is nice going topless outdoors in Scotland

Was down there about 4 weeks ago and the nudist end was kinda quiet despite it being a beautiful sunny and warm day. If you want to sit naked and enjoy the sun it's great if you are looking for anything else you might be disappointed unless you have prearranged something

By *otmilf29Woman  over a year ago

Irvine

Been a few times over the past 5/6 years .....just depends on your luck .....but I enjoy sunbathing....was a great summer last year but have to be mindful of dog walkers etc

By *azza12Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I remember a few years back couples/singles met there at night in cars ? Not sure if this is still the case nowadays

Anyone heading today ?...Weather looking good

Glasgow

Unfortunately working today, but definitely heading there tomorrow afternoon, it's supposed to be scorching??

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

"Unfortunately working today, but definitely heading there tomorrow afternoon, it's supposed to be scorching?? "

That's not what Judith said this morning.

"Unfortunately working today, but definitely heading there tomorrow afternoon, it's supposed to be scorching?? "

Rain all day tomorrow so wrap up well

In the west.

"Unfortunately working today, but definitely heading there tomorrow afternoon, it's supposed to be scorching??

Rain all day tomorrow so wrap up well "

Or take a tent.

"Unfortunately working today, but definitely heading there tomorrow afternoon, it's supposed to be scorching??

Or take a tent. "

Ardeer beach in wind and rain tent would end up in irvine

In the west.

Or take a tent.

Ardeer beach in wind and rain tent would end up in irvine "

Ah well naked it is then. Your skin is waterproof. Although if it's cold the tadger might disappear.

Glasgow

Looks like I will have to change my plans for tomorrow now, damnit Scottish weather

Irvine

Definitely not beach weather today

Irvine

[Removed by poster at 30/04/22 19:20:52]

I've been to Ardeer quite a lot. On a good summer day it can get pretty busy.

It seems to be predominantly males who go. Woman are outnumbered and from what I've heard they receive a lot of unwanted attention which puts them off from returning.

I haven't been this year, but I'm looking forward to the weather improving and getting along there to enjoy the feeling of the sunshine toasting my body

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

It is an official nudist beach. I’ve not been in a while as I struggle with the walk along to the right spot.

By *omond guyMan  over a year ago

alexandria

I go there often at weekends but not for this I go to watch the motorsports there as the guys race there cars there

By *ooking4othersMan  over a year ago

Here ...

Might go for a little sunbath shortly since its quite warm today and the breeze is dying down

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"Might go for a little sunbath shortly since its quite warm today and the breeze is dying down "

It’s quite sheltered from the breeze usually.

Here ...

The breeze disappeared ... it's glorious ... and empty

By *illieNudistMan  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

Can't wait to the better weather to get down again, love it down there but just wish it was more mixed than 95% guys

By *itty Jack SparrowMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Very rare folk use it as a nudist beach. There are no legally designated nudist areas in Scotland so you could get charged by the police. There was a bit of a drama made about it a couple of years ago whuch a quick Google search will show you. It's still a very public area.

That being said, would be great to have a nudist event held in the summer. Hiring out a remote location like a lodge or something that had a private beach or large open space for people to be free and frolic. Preferably one with a bar area for a party in the evening. I might see if there's enough interest to organise one this summer

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

"Can't wait to the better weather to get down again, love it down there but just wish it was more mixed than 95% guys "

Nude guys..... sun tan oil..... mmmmmmm.

Now, just need it to be above freezing, stop raining and have the wind just slightly below gale force. Oh, and no hailstones....

In the west.

"Can't wait to the better weather to get down again, love it down there but just wish it was more mixed than 95% guys

Nude guys..... sun tan oil..... mmmmmmm.

Now, just need it to be above freezing, stop raining and have the wind just slightly below gale force. Oh, and no hailstones...."

Your asking too much there, nae hailstones!

I was under the impression that technically this is a legal beach for naturism. It was designated such a good few years ago along with two other beaches on the ayrshire coast. The designation was removed for other two in the 80's but due to oversight the Ardeer one wasn't and something to do with it belonging to ICI, which is no longer there, means it needs them to change the designation means it still is a naturist beach. This may have changed but was certainly the case three or four years ago

By *ady Penny Morgan SpiceCouple  over a year ago

Could be near you........

"Can't wait to the better weather to get down again, love it down there but just wish it was more mixed than 95% guys "

You can blame the Guys for that, we went a few times last year either, end up surrounded with single guys who give you no space when the beach is massive or they decide because you are naked they can just wank in front of you! We would have went more regularly but unfortunately will not be back as alot that go unfortunately cannot behave!

Here ...

Its an official beach for naturists.

Some guys obviously don't understand it is an offence to wank off in front of a stranger without consent and is despicable and they should get charged..

As for the newspaper report I believe some old guy was purposely parading naked in front of a child ... even on a nude beach this is unacceptable ... discretion should be shown ... particularly on a nude beach shared with others who aren't naturists.

Can you please rephrase that to some of the guys agree iv seen a lot of guys pestering couples F/M and it’s a real shame and completely out of order what some guys on this beach do but also there are couples who come along to this beach for sex and are looking for voyeurs some do need to use more discretion though it’s a crazy beach i love it if i don’t like what I’m seeing I’ll look away or move on

Can I make this clear, Ardeer is an official nudist beach,there used to be signs up many years ago but were vandalized. I have lived near it most of my life and go when I can. You cannot be charged by police as long as you behave

"Can I make this clear, Ardeer is an official nudist beach,there used to be signs up many years ago but were vandalized. I have lived near it most of my life and go when I can. You cannot be charged by police as long as you behave "
,,,, cpl years ago we were both naked along with some guys, cops approached us asking if we had seen a guy walking about playing with himself as someone had called police, cops were nice to us saying it's a nude beach we doing no harm , personally I think cops just wanted to have a good look at naked penny lol

By *eaderMan  over a year ago

Visiting Ayrshire

I first went to Ardeer last September. A nice day and the beach was abandoned. One other guy there. I walked the complete length from the Burns pic to Irvine (keeping a bit away from the end as the other bank of the estuary was populated).

I'm back in the area in June and I'll definitely be there again a couple of days.

By *itty Jack SparrowMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Although signs were previously installed etc this was done, in essence, of the cuff to define a specific area and curb the spread of the naked shenanigans. It was a known gay sex spot. It never was and is still not however a LEGALLY defined area exempt from law. All laws apply. It is a public place, no different from the rest of the beach or parks. The local police don't bother for the most part and turn a blind eye. But all the same laws apply folks. This is not my opinion it is a concrete fact. Don't ask me how I know but I will say its work related

Visiting Ayrshire

I'll be at Ardeer very soon. Anyone up for meeting there?

In the west.

"I'll be at Ardeer very soon. Anyone up for meeting there?"

You better take a Willie warnmer and a rain hat. It cold wet and windy up here.

Visiting Ayrshire

"I'll be at Ardeer very soon. Anyone up for meeting there?

You better take a Willie warnmer and a rain hat. It cold wet and windy up here. "

It'll be nice when I'm up there. The power of positive thoughts....

By *e libertineMan  over a year ago

dundee

"It is an official nudist beach. I’ve not been in a while as I struggle with the walk along to the right spot. "

its no longer official !and hasnt been for years

» Add a new message to this topic