FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Text message versus the spoken word

Text message versus the spoken word

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I personally find it quite hard sending messages to people on here.But i know from experience in the past,im absolutely fine when meeting in person.I suppose this creates a problem in that you really have to get to know someone first, before that intial meet.Mabey i think too much about it, reading too much into people's bios , especially when they have a very long list of things they don't want you too say in your initial first text, Sorry just thinking if any one else has had this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your right, it's hard to get your real personality across.

Yeah I have quite a sarcastic sense of humour. In person when you see my smile it comes across, in text I often just sound mean.

"Yeah I have quite a sarcastic sense of humour. In person when you see my smile it comes across, in text I often just sound mean. "

Snap.

I'm soft as shite really but can come across as a wee boot on here.

"Yeah I have quite a sarcastic sense of humour. In person when you see my smile it comes across, in text I often just sound mean. "
yeah definitely get this

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

"Yeah I have quite a sarcastic sense of humour. In person when you see my smile it comes across, in text I often just sound mean.

Snap.

I'm soft as shite really but can come across as a wee boot on here."

I'd hate to come home to you with a broken pay!

"Yeah I have quite a sarcastic sense of humour. In person when you see my smile it comes across, in text I often just sound mean.

Snap.

I'd hate to come home to you with a broken pay! "

He only did it the once.

By *macunninglinguistMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

I'm the opposite, Dyna. I often feel rather silver-fingered online, but my tongue is somewhat tarnished.

Perhaps we could team up? I reckon the lady-people would be tripping over their Brasso to polish our combined heirlooms.

Just mind take some photaes for me.

In the west.

Snap.

He only did it the once. "

There is at least one brave man in the world then. Can he still faither Weans?

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"I'm the opposite, Dyna. I often feel rather silver-fingered online, but my tongue is somewhat tarnished.

Perhaps we could team up? I reckon the lady-people would be tripping over their Brasso to polish our combined heirlooms.

Just mind take some photaes for me. "

You'd be like a modern day Cyrano & Christian

Snap.

He only did it the once.

There is at least one brave man in the world then. Can he still faither Weans?"

No.

But I have a lovely ornamental cock and balls above the fireplace

In the west.

Snap.

He only did it the once.

There is at least one brave man in the world then. Can he still faither Weans?

No.

But I have a lovely ornamental cock and balls above the fireplace "

Is it battery operated or one of those new fangled rechargable ones?

"I'm the opposite, Dyna. I often feel rather silver-fingered online, but my tongue is somewhat tarnished.

Just mind take some photaes for me. "

Absolutely, but would need to meet for coffee first

By *reyw01fMan  over a year ago

Hamilton

[Removed by poster at 21/05/22 00:34:04]

Hamilton

You mean your not. Lol. Na you sound Lovely in rooms and bet to some degree is a type of guarded defence like all ladies who requent chat. But it is true personally I do find it difficult to convey intelligence without sounding like arrogance and ofc trying to be noticed.. Hard life being just another bloke lol

Same here

There is no doubt that the written word can be a powerful and beautiful thing. It can lift hearts, mend bridges, make you smile and begin beautiful friendships. However it can be misconstrued and I find that’s where problems lie. Communication is always the key and remember lovely fabbers, grammar saves lives.

“Let’s eat Grandma!” and “Let’s eat, Grandma!” mean two very different things…

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"There is no doubt that the written word can be a powerful and beautiful thing. It can lift hearts, mend bridges, make you smile and begin beautiful friendships. However it can be misconstrued and I find that’s where problems lie. Communication is always the key and remember lovely fabbers, grammar saves lives.

“Let’s eat Grandma!” and “Let’s eat, Grandma!” mean two very different things… "

That’s the conversation between the wolf and little red riding hood . How’s big Red ?

The initial effort has to come from both sides to keep the messages interesting, if you find it hard to find things to chat about it will probably be because the other person isn’t that interested.

You can be however you want to be on the internet. Try creating a persona using other sites/chat rooms where you know you won’t meet people and you aren’t trying to impress anyone. Chat random stuff to people that you wouldn’t usually do on here and build up your online confidence.

"There is no doubt that the written word can be a powerful and beautiful thing. It can lift hearts, mend bridges, make you smile and begin beautiful friendships. However it can be misconstrued and I find that’s where problems lie. Communication is always the key and remember lovely fabbers, grammar saves lives.

“Let’s eat Grandma!” and “Let’s eat, Grandma!” mean two very different things… "

I think I've misconstrued what

(Let's eat Grandma) means

In the west.

(Let's eat Grandma) means "

I once helped my uncle jack off a horse.

(Let's eat Grandma) means

I once helped my uncle jack off a horse. "

Homeric!!!

Yeah I'm the same when it comes to txt messages I can come across as quite shy and quiet.

I met a young lady from here and she was quite apprehensive about meeting me thinking there would be no chat. Think I manage to talk the poor women's ears off, just as well I said I'm good orally. Lol still to arrange a proper meet with said person oh and I really appreciated the chocolate medal she gave me.xx

By *lunder WomanWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Yeah I'm the same when it comes to txt messages I can come across as quite shy and quiet.

I met a young lady from here and she was quite apprehensive about meeting me thinking there would be no chat. Think I manage to talk the poor women's ears off, just as well I said I'm good orally. Lol still to arrange a proper meet with said person oh and I really appreciated the chocolate medal she gave me.xx"

awww how nice

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Yeah I'm the same when it comes to txt messages I can come across as quite shy and quiet.

I met a young lady from here and she was quite apprehensive about meeting me thinking there would be no chat. Think I manage to talk the poor women's ears off, just as well I said I'm good orally. Lol still to arrange a proper meet with said person oh and I really appreciated the chocolate medal she gave me.xx"

They always decline my offer of a pearl necklace .

Glasgow

I think I'm the same cheeky sarcastic bstrd on here and face to face

I totally struggle with this too. I’m fine in person, very chatty and sociable but with text, I’m rubbish.

"I think I'm the same cheeky sarcastic bstrd on here and face to face "

Never I thought you where a delight?

Glasgow

"I think I'm the same cheeky sarcastic bstrd on here and face to face

Never I thought you where a delight?"

. Can't work out if that's sarcasm or not Odin lol

In the west.

"I totally struggle with this too. I’m fine in person, very chatty and sociable but with text, I’m rubbish. "

I'm probably the opposite. I have time to think about what I'm going to type or if I'm quick enough I can delete a message if it comes across as rude, I can't do that in person.

By *ase4122Man  over a year ago

Lancashire

I agree and have a similar personality and sometimes it ends with a straight off block.

I wish some on here would be more relaxed and up for having a laugh

Hamilton

[Removed by poster at 22/05/22 10:45:50]

Hamilton

"I totally struggle with this too. I’m fine in person, very chatty and sociable but with text, I’m rubbish. "

Indeed I find conversation flows better reading the visual clues facial expression body language on any company.2d text has very little stimuli to draw on :/ but catch 22 their needs to be a written rapport to have the desire to have the face 2 face interaction even if it's just social

"I think I'm the same cheeky sarcastic bstrd on here and face to face

Never I thought you where a delight? . Can't work out if that's sarcasm or not Odin lol"

Me sarcastic never. There's not many you can speak to freely about kink and stuff

» Add a new message to this topic