FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Jubilee

Jubilee

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are you....

1) Excited to celebrate her Maj's glorious reign. Gawd bless 'er!

2) Ignoring it. Up the Republic!

3) not really bothered either way but happy to get 2 days off.

I'm very much a 3.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *jezee1000Man  over a year ago

perth

Doesn’t matter as I don’t work anyway so not got a holiday!!

By *jezee1000Man  over a year ago

perth

It’s going to cost companies money having to pay overtime to stay open . But having said that i have nothing against the queen . Now if it was a sissy Gay Queen that would be different!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Kind of 3 not fussed either way and dont get the days off

By *exicolaMan  over a year ago

West Lothian

I'll take the day off and not give a second thought as to why it's happening.

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

I'm a 1 & 3. I've just had to cancel a train trip away because of the rail dispute. At least I won't have a hangover on Monday.

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

Kindof 3 apart from working over the long weekend

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

It’s a 3 from me.

Although I am going to a party on Friday….it would be rude not to

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Definitely 2.

Monarchy is, by its nature, anti-democratic.

Have the shrinks classified monarchy-infatuation as a mental disorder yet?

By *otrock-cplCouple  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Can't be arsed with these marble mouthed elitist wankers as they have done absolutely nothing for us commoners of the world.

Absolute waste of time and money that could be better spent on our nurses,homelessness and more.

2. Money could and should be spent elsewhere.

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

2/3 happy to have the long weekend, but have no interest in a bunch of chinless wonders who's position in life is due to an accident of birth

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Definitely a 3 here but with only 1 day off instead of 2.

That makes me a 3:1:2

By *ueen CatWoman  over a year ago

fife

I'm number 3 minus the days off

[Removed by poster at 30/05/22 17:38:09]

By *idden Gem69Woman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

Celebrating her majestys glorious 70 years although im working Thursday and Friday no bank holiday working in retail lol

I'm working both days and getting double time

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Definitely a 3 here but with only 1 day off instead of 2.

That makes me a 3:1:2"

Wis that no Ted Rogers ? Oops his war 3:2:1 wie Dusty Bin .

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Was

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple  over a year ago

HereAndThere

For us self employed it’s two days that you can’t get materials to do jobs and so forced to take time of unpaid

By *xfordsnotbroguesMan  over a year ago

Stornoway

Not arsed about the jubilee happy with a day off giving me the long weekend but I am only getting the one so 3 all day long.

By *bcums3Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

I’ll celebrate working one half day this week

Number 3 though will be out celebrating but not the Jubiliee

Def a 3 but no extra days off for me

By *atin_JessicaTV/TS  over a year ago

Hamilton

Definitely a 1 from moi !!!!

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I'm glad of a couple of extra days downtime

Me finding out I get 2 days off:

Me remembering I self employed:

The whole thing doesn't bother me one bit. Happy to have a long weekend though, paid or otherwise.

By *othwellguyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Defo 2

A german woman being celebrated by millions of knuckle dragging flag wavers......shove it right up!

Silver Jubilee I got a silver spoon in Primary school, Golden jubilee I got a Medal

Nothing for the last one and a day off for this one.

I think Queenie deserves to just take it easy now. Not a Royalist by any means but she’s done her bit. I’d abolish the lot once Charles gets his hit at the ball

"Definitely a 3 here but with only 1 day off instead of 2.

That makes me a 3:1:2

Wis that no Ted Rogers ? Oops his war 3:2:1 wie Dusty Bin . "

It made me think of that too, and his nifty finger work

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Ignoring it, but not got any days off.

Hoping for some quiet days at work instead.

By *iss_Juicy79Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Don't really care and I'll be working just another day for some of us

Got the two days off but I don't think I'm getting paid for it

By *scobar67Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Spending a fortune on this rubbish while some people in the country starve sounds like a fantastic idea to me

A billion ££ supposedly

While some people can't heat their house / feed their kids or themselves.... Well done Britain.

"Spending a fortune on this rubbish while some people in the country starve sounds like a fantastic idea to me

A billion ££ supposedly

While some people can't heat their house / feed their kids or themselves.... Well done Britain.

"

While i dont dislike them personally as people, i dont know them. Im not a monarchy fan and agree with this

Could not give less of a fuck..dont get any days off either so at least wont be subjected to the wall to wall tv coverage of the ridiculous pomp amd ceremony. She should have said she didnt want it and donated the vast sums of money spent on it to charity and struggling families. So..is that a 3? ??

Glasgowish

Strange how many folk are ranting about the cost but never think twice about the silly money paid to football players.

"Strange how many folk are ranting about the cost but never think twice about the silly money paid to football players."

I agree with you on that..although that is not taxpayers money that pays them..whereas this will mainly all be coming out of tbe public purse

glasgow

"Strange how many folk are ranting about the cost but never think twice about the silly money paid to football players."

Taxpayers don't pay footballers wages Miss Bluebell.

"Spending a fortune on this rubbish while some people in the country starve sounds like a fantastic idea to me

A billion ££ supposedly

"

I'm not a royalist by any means but making random stupid uneducated comments does grind my gears. The monarchy is worth around 1.7 billion pounds to the UK economy, through tourism ect, how much money does that generate back into the system I wonder. All people see is what they want to see . Without that extra money how many more houses wouldn't get heated or kids fed . Ps I'm self employed so while I will neither have work over these forced holidays neither will I be paid for them but I'm pragmatic enough to let the queens supporters have their days of celebrations.

Glasgowish

"Strange how many folk are ranting about the cost but never think twice about the silly money paid to football players.

"

According to my Alexar the FA get a fair amount of money from the public purse.

A billion ££ supposedly

I'm not a royalist by any means but making random stupid uneducated comments does grind my gears. The monarchy is worth around 1.7 billion pounds to the UK economy, through tourism ect, how much money does that generate back into the system I wonder. All people see is what they want to see . Without that extra money how many more houses wouldn't get heated or kids fed . Ps I'm self employed so while I will neither have work over these forced holidays neither will I be paid for them but I'm pragmatic enough to let the queens supporters have their days of celebrations. "

Sry should have added that's 1.7 billion per year .

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

A billion ££ supposedly

I'm not a royalist by any means but making random stupid uneducated comments does grind my gears. The monarchy is worth around 1.7 billion pounds to the UK economy, through tourism ect, how much money does that generate back into the system I wonder. All people see is what they want to see . Without that extra money how many more houses wouldn't get heated or kids fed . Ps I'm self employed so while I will neither have work over these forced holidays neither will I be paid for them but I'm pragmatic enough to let the queens supporters have their days of celebrations.

Sry should have added that's 1.7 billion per year . "

Money goes to the crown for merchandise etc. As for tourism, there’s no real evidence the royals themselves being in this money. Historic sites could generate this money if not more as costs could be better managed.

"Strange how many folk are ranting about the cost but never think twice about the silly money paid to football players.

According to my Alexar the FA get a fair amount of money from the public purse."

The FA probably do get some funding no doubt. But the FA dont pay players either. Clubs do. Whos income is mostly generated from tickets..merchandising sponsorship..private money and TV rights.

A billion ££ supposedly

I'm not a royalist by any means but making random stupid uneducated comments does grind my gears. The monarchy is worth around 1.7 billion pounds to the UK economy, through tourism ect, how much money does that generate back into the system I wonder. All people see is what they want to see . Without that extra money how many more houses wouldn't get heated or kids fed . Ps I'm self employed so while I will neither have work over these forced holidays neither will I be paid for them but I'm pragmatic enough to let the queens supporters have their days of celebrations. "

Is that 1.7billion net after all costs? Of their security..private jets to other cou tries..maintaining all of their properties..paying to get Prince Andrew out of a court case (allegedly) ..the list goes on.

I was just saying the money spent on this could be better spent elsewhere in my opinion..in a time of high inflation and a cost of living crisis for many.

glasgow

A billion ££ supposedly

Sry should have added that's 1.7 billion per year . "

So I'm stupid and uneducated??

The Royal family have been kept In luxury for years while normal working class suffer wage cuts and inflated food and energy prices.

They just paid a sexual abuse case 12 million pounds so Prince Andrew wouldn't be jailed... Hardly going to pay if he wasn't guilty are they!!

They bring in billions through tourism???... And how much of that.. . Since you seem to know everything... Is put back into the public purse??

Sooner we have no monarchy the better.

Ayrshire

I think it's idealistic to think living standards would improve if the monarchy were abolished

A billion ££ supposedly

The Royal family have been kept In luxury for years while normal working class suffer wage cuts and inflated food and energy prices.

They just paid a sexual abuse case 12 million pounds so Prince Andrew wouldn't be jailed... Hardly going to pay if he wasn't guilty are they!!

They bring in billions through tourism???... And how much of that.. . Since you seem to know everything... Is put back into the public purse??

"

You don't know how much of the money they make goes back into the public purse ?

So your commenting on a subject you haven't educated yourself properly about , does that make you clever ? What's the opposite of clever ?

I rest my case.

By *ithardscotMan  over a year ago

Kelty

2!

"I think it's idealistic to think living standards would improve if the monarchy were abolished "

Possibly true..but i doubt they would get any worse? Not sure id abolish the monarchy..just dont spend any public money on it.

glasgow

A billion ££ supposedly

You don't know how much of the money they make goes back into the public purse ?

So your commenting on a subject you haven't educated yourself properly about , does that make you clever ? What's the opposite of clever ?

I rest my case. "

I asked you how much is put back into the economy from these vultures

I'm no royalist but the Queen has done an amazing job representing Britain abroad so give her a nice day, shes entitled to it , what I will say though is once her reign is over get rid of the royal family, elect a president and every 4 years have an election.

A billion ££ supposedly

I rest my case.

I asked you how much is put back into the economy from these vultures "

Your missing the point bud, I'm not the one that made accusations without looking into the true incomes and outgoings of the worth of the royals. That was you.

Like I said , I'm not a royalist or for or against but if I'm going to slate someone for something I would at least know what I'm talking about otherwise I'd just be a stupid uneducated twat with an unfounded prejudice against someone or something. You come back to me when you know your facts and figures and you can prove everything and then we can discuss is as adults and not someones personal prejudices. Ps don't simply quote a newspaper article on Prince Andrew, we can a quote tabloids. Give us the income generated versus cost to the taxpayers .

glasgow

A billion ££ supposedly

I rest my case.

I asked you how much is put back into the economy from these vultures

Your missing the point bud, I'm not the one that made accusations without looking into the true incomes and outgoings of the worth of the royals. That was you.

Like I said , I'm not a royalist or for or against but if I'm going to slate someone for something I would at least know what I'm talking about otherwise I'd just be a stupid uneducated twat with an unfounded prejudice against someone or something. You come back to me when you know your facts and figures and you can prove everything and then we can discuss is as adults and not someones personal prejudices. Ps don't simply quote a newspaper article on Prince Andrew, we can a quote tabloids. Give us the income generated versus cost to the taxpayers . "

I don't want to read about them

Their racists who accept pedophilia.... They had Diana killed because she was with a coloured guy... They have paid ££ to cover Andrews sexual abuse case.

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

Imagine France had a royal family, they'd be the number 1 tourist attraction in the world. But they don't and they are.

Put me down for 2

By *clayairMan  over a year ago

ayrshire/glasgow

I am a 3, who gives a fuck as long as we get a holiday..lol

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

2 waste of money

By *bwgirlygirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

4 Think having a 10.5 million pound budget is a slap in the face with the current climate

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

So much for freedom of speech.

By *roonGuy46Man  over a year ago

Troon

Who remembers calling frozen Kwenchy Cups 'jubilees'

To be honest I'm indifferent to it all how much of the uk economy goes to them

Such wonderful scenes at the jubilee celebrations today..makes me proud to be British witnessing all that pomp and ceremony whilst people in Ukraine are literally fighting for their lives.

By *an from UncleMan  over a year ago

ml1

I think the days of us acting like peasants are long gone more so in Scotland but glad to have a day off

I would never bend my knee or believe anyone is superior but I respect the Queens role and length of service. It’s good to see people celebrate and unite again

Not remotely a Royalist.

Just see a wee Granny who has a shower of fannies as her family so feel a wee bit sorry for her.

Ok so I get a day off for this (not paid though but I will accrue it back) but I'm not a royalist. Why the hell are we even recognising this, just because she's been on the throne for donkeys years? Yeah ok

Ayrshire

"Ok so I get a day off for this (not paid though but I will accrue it back) but I'm not a royalist. Why the hell are we even recognising this, just because she's been on the throne for donkeys years? Yeah ok "

Ocht have a heart

She's been in the same job for way longer than any of us will ever be

Wish I had a 'job' like that.

Ayrshire

"Wish I had a 'job' like that."

I doubt that any of us could hack it

"Wish I had a 'job' like that.

I doubt that any of us could hack it"

Yeah I’m not sure I would like to be a royal. The thought of being a public figure is probably a lot more romantic than it actually is

"Wish I had a 'job' like that."

I wouldn't do it for all the tea in China.

Imagine having to be nice to all the utter fuds you encounter. She'd think Fab was a walk in the park mind you...

"Ok so I get a day off for this (not paid though but I will accrue it back) but I'm not a royalist. Why the hell are we even recognising this, just because she's been on the throne for donkeys years? Yeah ok

Ocht have a heart

She's been in the same job for way longer than any of us will ever be"

My heart is still there and I can assure you that it works. I just don't have time for the royals

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

I work with the public and they, me included, are fekin erseholes. The Queen has to out up with way more erseholes than me and she has to meet the utter piece of shite every week. I wouldn't or couldn't do what she does.

I like her as she has a great sense of duty and she doesn't moan about the afore mentioned erseholes. I think young William, and Kate, have the same sense of duty. I do agree that there are too many being paid from the public purse though.

I'm sure the palaces..butlers..maids..personal chefs..private jets soften the hardship

"I'm sure the palaces..butlers..maids..personal chefs..private jets soften the hardship "

She may argue your freedoms soften your hardship

"I'm sure the palaces..butlers..maids..personal chefs..private jets soften the hardship

She may argue your freedoms soften your hardship "

"1"

If everyone had your level of input in the forum threads this place would be fucking magnificent.

» Add a new message to this topic