FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Has the world lost its

Has the world lost its

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sense of humour and sense of fun.

I know we've had a few shit years with

brexit, covid, rail strikes and now the cost of living crisis and I'm not in anyway mocking people who were or are genuinely affected by those events or issues but everyone seem to be miserable as feck these days.

Ack i don't know maybe I'm just an old fart who's seeing things wrong.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uperboabyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Sense of humour and sense of fun.

I know we've had a few shit years with

brexit, covid, rail strikes and now the cost of living crisis and I'm not in anyway mocking people who were or are genuinely affected by those events or issues but everyone seem to be miserable as feck these days.

Ack i don't know maybe I'm just an old fart who's seeing things wrong.

"

I'm the same mate, slowly turning into Victor Meldrew

By *unnycunnylinguistMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I get what you are saying. I think people are full of dred rather than miserable about what the hell could happen next. Me I say fuck it and don’t waste energy on worry. Worrying is about as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum as someone once said

By *dible_KinkCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Our sense of humour and fun has been getting slowly eroded and chipped away since the mid 90's. The Internet has a lot to answer for - previously we only had to worry about the news on TV and mental opinions in either direction we're curtailed. Now any nutter has a platform, and depending how savvy they are, they can get their opinions to the fore and create panic or outrage where it would have just been ignored previously. Everyone has cameras on then at all times now as well (and cctv everywhere), so you can't just do something and it's forgotten, everything is recorded, and can never be forgotten! The days of carefree fun are long gone, lamentably. Its a shame for the young folk - at least we have the memories of simpler times where we spent our pay on booze and the odd bottle of aftershave, hoping to get a shag; not like now where the young have gym memberships, phone contracts, sunbeds, designer clothes, expensive PCP cars etc to spend their money on! No much wonder everyone's uptight!!!!

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

It’s a sign of the times . ( catchy tune )

"It’s a sign of the times . ( catchy tune ) "

Awe ffs Al be singing thst tune all day now, cheers for that haha

"Our sense of humour and fun has been getting slowly eroded and chipped away since the mid 90's. The Internet has a lot to answer for - previously we only had to worry about the news on TV and mental opinions in either direction we're curtailed. Now any nutter has a platform, and depending how savvy they are, they can get their opinions to the fore and create panic or outrage where it would have just been ignored previously. Everyone has cameras on then at all times now as well (and cctv everywhere), so you can't just do something and it's forgotten, everything is recorded, and can never be forgotten! The days of carefree fun are long gone, lamentably. Its a shame for the young folk - at least we have the memories of simpler times where we spent our pay on booze and the odd bottle of aftershave, hoping to get a shag; not like now where the young have gym memberships, phone contracts, sunbeds, designer clothes, expensive PCP cars etc to spend their money on! No much wonder everyone's uptight!!!!"
Yup couldn't have out it better, if its like this now what do future generations have to look forward to..

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

No, I don’t think it has

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Our parents and grandparents probably said the same. Too old to understand youth humour and spending too much time with our peers who have gotten old and lost their sense of fun.

"No, I don’t think it has"

Always the optimist never the pessimist eh Wellinever? Good on you girl

"Our parents and grandparents probably said the same. Too old to understand youth humour and spending too much time with our peers who have gotten old and lost their sense of fun. "
someone more intelligent than me once said that "youth is wasted on the young" hard to disagree with that.

I think generally across the globe , there will always be good and bad times.Eastern Europe has war , American has its gun problems( too many to mention) ,But i genuinely think that the pandemic has affected the world more than it seems ,and will continue to have a negative effect on people's attitude towards each other.Here in the UK ,i blame the government,they are slowly but surely wearing us all down.The sooner we as a country breaks away from the rest of the uk the better IMO

"I think generally across the globe , there will always be good and bad times.Eastern Europe has war , American has its gun problems( too many to mention) ,But i genuinely think that the pandemic has affected the world more than it seems ,and will continue to have a negative effect on people's attitude towards each other.Here in the UK ,i blame the government,they are slowly but surely wearing us all down.The sooner we as a country breaks away from the rest of the uk the better IMO "
You see I think this 'blame the government" for everything , it's their fault etc etc is the reason why most are grumpy mares in the 1st place, yes they've made mistakes and fuck ups but as my ole gran used to say be responsible for everything you do in life and never rely on anyone to do it for you..

Yeah feel like even sarcasm is lost now.

By *unkydunkyCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I think generally across the globe , there will always be good and bad times.Eastern Europe has war , American has its gun problems( too many to mention) ,But i genuinely think that the pandemic has affected the world more than it seems ,and will continue to have a negative effect on people's attitude towards each other.Here in the UK ,i blame the government,they are slowly but surely wearing us all down.The sooner we as a country breaks away from the rest of the uk the better IMO "

I’m not sure even wee Nicola would blame Westminster for eroding our sense of humour, I think society has changed a lot over the past few years granted but not sure the government influences that all that much.

We are now in danger of being offended by everything.

We watched the new Ricky Gervais show on Netflix and I know he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, mines included at times but he explains it pretty well. In a shocking but pretty funny way.

D

Nope I'm just a natural grumpy fucker.

Nah only joking im the life and soul of a party because I don't give a toss about what others think of me when I'm being myself . A twat

Problem with society nowadays is the fact that people don't have any resilience to cope with life and the struggles that come with it sometimes. I see it sometimes in the way my children talk to their children. Molly coddling like fuck on a simple situation like crying because they dont want to pick up the toy they just threw , when in actual fact what they need told is to stop bubbling and get on with it.

Said it before and will say it again, the truth doesn't care about your feelings.

People are miserable because that's what is being drummed into them , apparanly it's OK to not be ok , what a load of crap. Yes you could cite 1000s of examples when I'm wrong about that but I could cite 1000s of examples when I'm right, it's sometimes not OK to say I'm depressed, especially when you've just lost your fuckin goldfish. People are miserable because there's so much emphasis on what help they can claim nowadays it's almost their duty to seek out that help and are in fact losing the ability to cope with even the slightest bump in the journey of a normal life.

Then add the rising fuel prices.

Humour gets me through most situations in life including deaths. To laugh at others situations though you have to be prepared to laugh at yourself first, probably one of the reasons I change my name to suit the current insult aimed at me.

Unfortunately the next generations are just going to be worse.

"Nope I'm just a natural grumpy fucker.

Nah only joking im the life and soul of a party because I don't give a toss about what others think of me when I'm being myself . A twat

Problem with society nowadays is the fact that people don't have any resilience to cope with life and the struggles that come with it sometimes. I see it sometimes in the way my children talk to their children. Molly coddling like fuck on a simple situation like crying because they dont want to pick up the toy they just threw , when in actual fact what they need told is to stop bubbling and get on with it.

Said it before and will say it again, the truth doesn't care about your feelings.

People are miserable because that's what is being drummed into them , apparanly it's OK to not be ok , what a load of crap. Yes you could cite 1000s of examples when I'm wrong about that but I could cite 1000s of examples when I'm right, it's sometimes not OK to say I'm depressed, especially when you've just lost your fuckin goldfish. People are miserable because there's so much emphasis on what help they can claim nowadays it's almost their duty to seek out that help and are in fact losing the ability to cope with even the slightest bump in the journey of a normal life.

Then add the rising fuel prices.

Humour gets me through most situations in life including deaths. To laugh at others situations though you have to be prepared to laugh at yourself first, probably one of the reasons I change my name to suit the current insult aimed at me.

Unfortunately the next generations are just going to be worse. "

100% spot on

With wee nippy in govt it’s like cromwellian times all over

Cheerless

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Yeah feel like even sarcasm is lost now.

"

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit . Mibbae that’s why Jimmy Crankie used to get a laugh .

By *unguy1969ABCMan  over a year ago

Stirling

You cant even tell a proper joke these days for fear of offending someone or some culture/belief.

"I think generally across the globe , there will always be good and bad times.Eastern Europe has war , American has its gun problems( too many to mention) ,But i genuinely think that the pandemic has affected the world more than it seems ,and will continue to have a negative effect on people's attitude towards each other.Here in the UK ,i blame the government,they are slowly but surely wearing us all down.The sooner we as a country breaks away from the rest of the uk the better IMO

I’m not sure even wee Nicola would blame Westminster for eroding our sense of humour, I think society has changed a lot over the past few years granted but not sure the government influences that all that much.

We are now in danger of being offended by everything.

We watched the new Ricky Gervais show on Netflix and I know he isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, mines included at times but he explains it pretty well. In a shocking but pretty funny way.

D "

I enjoyed it aswell, it's not belly aching laughing but he hits the nail on the head in many ways

"Our sense of humour and fun has been getting slowly eroded and chipped away since the mid 90's. The Internet has a lot to answer for - previously we only had to worry about the news on TV and mental opinions in either direction we're curtailed. Now any nutter has a platform, and depending how savvy they are, they can get their opinions to the fore and create panic or outrage where it would have just been ignored previously. Everyone has cameras on then at all times now as well (and cctv everywhere), so you can't just do something and it's forgotten, everything is recorded, and can never be forgotten! The days of carefree fun are long gone, lamentably. Its a shame for the young folk - at least we have the memories of simpler times where we spent our pay on booze and the odd bottle of aftershave, hoping to get a shag; not like now where the young have gym memberships, phone contracts, sunbeds, designer clothes, expensive PCP cars etc to spend their money on! No much wonder everyone's uptight!!!!"

This

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

Is it a case of us getting older and turning in to Victor's and Victorettes. I have to constantly remind myself that I was young once and did all the daft things that the kids are doing now.

I agree with the comment about cameras and nothing going away and then being villified for it.

By *jezee1000Man  over a year ago

perth

Can anyone tell me the name of the large tower in the middle of Paris??

The one made out of sponge and jelly and custard??

Oh yes .... the Trifle tower !!

Sorry . May raise a smile

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

The question everyone should ask themselves is- have I reached Meldrew point ?

If you have your now an auld grumpy drawers, no escaping it

By *hrills_n_spillsCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"You cant even tell a proper joke these days for fear of offending someone or some culture/belief.

"

So this disabled gay jew walks into a bar.....

"Is it a case of us getting older and turning in to Victor's and Victorettes. I have to constantly remind myself that I was young once and did all the daft things that the kids are doing now.

I agree with the comment about cameras and nothing going away and then being villified for it. "

To an extent. But my Mum, Dad & Granny could call me out for being a wee fud without being labelled an "-ist" of some kind or another.

"You cant even tell a proper joke these days for fear of offending someone or some culture/belief.

So this disabled gay jew walks into a bar....."

Where did he park his car?

"Is it a case of us getting older and turning in to Victor's and Victorettes. I have to constantly remind myself that I was young once and did all the daft things that the kids are doing now.

I agree with the comment about cameras and nothing going away and then being villified for it.

To an extent. But my Mum, Dad & Granny could call me out for being a wee fud without being labelled an "-ist" of some kind or another."

No I would definitely label the realists.

Where did he park his car?"

He feckin better not have parked it where your thinking.

By *hrills_n_spillsCouple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Where did he park his car?"

It was CJs, they organized all his transport

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

To an extent. But my Mum, Dad & Granny could call me out for being a wee fud without being labelled an "-ist" of some kind or another."

A wee fud, surely they have got you mixed up with someone else!

Do you mean a classisist as you seem to have a very good understanding of Latin?

» Add a new message to this topic