FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Am I in the wrong

Am I in the wrong

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ereforthebanter OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Arranged to meet a couple at the last minute and we arranged to meet in glasgow city centre hotel which I was told was already booked and he had been let down . Meet them both then all of a sudden I was asked for money for the hotel ? . I replied with av not brought any money to which ended in well am not paying for some other guy to fuck my misses . So we parted ways in town am I in the wrong for not paying??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bwgirlygirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

You should have assumed you were making some sort of contribution. They should have told you. They probably assumed you weren't a tight ass and thought you would contribute. I think you are both in the wrong

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If they told you it was booked and no payment was asked for before then no you weren't in the wrong.

"You should have assumed you were making some sort of contribution. They should have told you. They probably assumed you weren't a tight ass and thought you would contribute. I think you are both in the wrong "
why was he a tight arse? They could be staying overnight...why would he have to pay for that?

When myself n hubby played in hotels we paid..we are inviting others to join us? Its not a pay and display

Glasgow

"You should have assumed you were making some sort of contribution. They should have told you. They probably assumed you weren't a tight ass and thought you would contribute. I think you are both in the wrong why was he a tight arse? They could be staying overnight...why would he have to pay for that?

When myself n hubby played in hotels we paid..we are inviting others to join us? Its not a pay and display "

Because it's good manners

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"You should have assumed you were making some sort of contribution. They should have told you. They probably assumed you weren't a tight ass and thought you would contribute. I think you are both in the wrong "

The hotel was already booked.

They asked for the meet with him after being let down.

Being told you have to contribute to someone else's bad admin is not his fault.

It's a piss take that's what it is..too many cpls on here think single guys should be paying to fuck them..

If they booked the room.they pay.thats manners.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

What exactly was the guy paying for … he was invited over they were staying in the hotel!!

We have never asked anyone to contribute to OUR hotel night if we have asked them over.

By *auliewalnutsMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Depends how nice his mrs was

By *inthgowmale45Man  over a year ago

linlithgow

You are correct. Should have been agreed up front. Have heard of couples scamming single guys this way. Probably not the case here though..

glasgow

If I was told it was even split then no problem, but I wasn’t and it was pre booked and they said they were also bringing another girl over later on that night ? . To me personally it was them looking for a gullible guy to pay for there hotel for them and I wasn’t doing it . I’m a perfect gentleman respectful and generous if out and about but you should automatically assume it’s you that’s going to pay ? . I respect both sides of the argument but another harsh lesson learned on fab

By *astlincscoupleCouple  over a year ago

Tinsel Town

I think you dodged a bullet.

It's the couples manners that are shit, expecting you to pay after stating they had the room booked for a previous meet.

glasgow

It sure is , if it was pre agreed not a problem

Glasgow

If someone had booked and paid for a meal. You take someone's place. I wouldn't expect a free meal. I'd contribute

glasgow

Got shaved and brought out the good aftershave as well . Looks like it’s the football tonight for me

Falkirk

"If I was told it was even split then no problem, but I wasn’t and it was pre booked and they said they were also bringing another girl over later on that night ? . To me personally it was them looking for a gullible guy to pay for there hotel for them and I wasn’t doing it . I’m a perfect gentleman respectful and generous if out and about but you should automatically assume it’s you that’s going to pay ? . I respect both sides of the argument but another harsh lesson learned on fab "

This actually sounds like a deliberate set up, with the enticement of a second female (which probably didn't exist).

You said your bit and parted ways.

Don't worry about it.

By *unglikeahorse99Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire

This sounds exactly like the scam that I experienced. They would have taken your money and then found a way to run off.

Did they ask for £50 by any chance?

glasgow

Good point but have you know got to automatically bring money to meet incase you get asked for money

glasgow

"This sounds exactly like the scam that I experienced. They would have taken your money and then found a way to run off.

Did they ask for £50 by any chance?"

Yeah it was £50 , was it a young couple 24/25

Falkirk

"If someone had booked and paid for a meal. You take someone's place. I wouldn't expect a free meal. I'd contribute "

But it wasn't a meal.

He explained the situation, so he wasn't in the wrong for walking away.

glasgow

"If I was told it was even split then no problem, but I wasn’t and it was pre booked and they said they were also bringing another girl over later on that night ? . To me personally it was them looking for a gullible guy to pay for there hotel for them and I wasn’t doing it . I’m a perfect gentleman respectful and generous if out and about but you should automatically assume it’s you that’s going to pay ? . I respect both sides of the argument but another harsh lesson learned on fab

This actually sounds like a deliberate set up, with the enticement of a second female (which probably didn't exist).

You said your bit and parted ways.

Don't worry about it.

"

Am not bothered just warning others that’s all

By *lexanderSupertrampMan  over a year ago

Gourock

I think he was being a bit of a tight arse asking you for money.

I've never invited anyone anywhere and said oh by the way can you pay.

Cheeky beggar if you ask me

Ayrshire

"This sounds exactly like the scam that I experienced. They would have taken your money and then found a way to run off.

Yeah it was £50 , was it a young couple 24/25 "

Won’t let me message you directly otherwise I could send you the picture they sent me. I could almost guarantee it’s the same people!

By *igboy291Man  over a year ago

Airdrie

Had the same happen to me before. I was asked to contribute half the cost. Found out days later when I looked at there verifications that they had done the same with at least another five guys. They were basically using the hotel like a knocking shop. I paid half the cost of the hotel room but they couldn’t get rid of me quick enough to get next victim in

Ayrshire

"Had the same happen to me before. I was asked to contribute half the cost. Found out days later when I looked at there verifications that they had done the same with at least another five guys. They were basically using the hotel like a knocking shop. I paid half the cost of the hotel room but they couldn’t get rid of me quick enough to get next victim in "

Did you get some fun though? These lot seem to do a runner before you even get into the hotel.

glasgow

"Had the same happen to me before. I was asked to contribute half the cost. Found out days later when I looked at there verifications that they had done the same with at least another five guys. They were basically using the hotel like a knocking shop. I paid half the cost of the hotel room but they couldn’t get rid of me quick enough to get next victim in

Did you get some fun though? These lot seem to do a runner before you even get into the hotel. "

Nothing at all after waiting 20 mins on them it was basically a 5 mins conversation and parted ways . I block single guys because am fed up getting messages from them am totally straight but they don’t seem to grasp or read that in my profile

By *ueen CatWoman  over a year ago

fife

Yet another guy saying this, there is a couple who have been doing this for easy the past year. A guy I knew recently got stung by them also

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Yeah it was £50 , was it a young couple 24/25

Won’t let me message you directly otherwise I could send you the picture they sent me. I could almost guarantee it’s the same people!"

There have been multiple examples of this over the last year or so, always the same pattern.

Last time I saw it, 2 guys had been caught out by the same profile.

Even if reported and removed, they will be back with a new profile.

glasgow

Thanks for all the feed back we’ll appreciated and will be a bit wiser and take £50 with me to the next meet

By *amierebelMan  over a year ago

nae danger.

I'm pretty sure I've read about a similar scam on these forums before sounds like a lucky escape dude

By *igboy291Man  over a year ago

Airdrie

Yes had some fun but felt a bit rushed. Felt like they wanted the money more than the fun and found out later why. They had loads more guys that night all who paid half the cost each. They must have made a few hundred quid profit

Ayrshire

"Yes had some fun but felt a bit rushed. Felt like they wanted the money more than the fun and found out later why. They had loads more guys that night all who paid half the cost each. They must have made a few hundred quid profit "

I wonder if it’s the same couple and they’ve realised that they can get the money without even needing to get as far as the hotel room now.

By *o scandalousWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Arranged to meet a couple at the last minute and we arranged to meet in glasgow city centre hotel which I was told was already booked and he had been let down . Meet them both then all of a sudden I was asked for money for the hotel ? . I replied with av not brought any money to which ended in well am not paying for some other guy to fuck my misses . So we parted ways in town am I in the wrong for not paying?? "

Sounds like he was prostituting his missus, in a roundabout way.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"You should have assumed you were making some sort of contribution. They should have told you. They probably assumed you weren't a tight ass and thought you would contribute. I think you are both in the wrong why was he a tight arse? They could be staying overnight...why would he have to pay for that?

When myself n hubby played in hotels we paid..we are inviting others to join us? Its not a pay and display

Because it's good manners "

whats bad manners is to expect someone to pay for yours and your partners evening out.

Op if they wanted a contribution it should have been discussed when you were invited. the tight ass comment is only helping to promote others shitty behaviour while attempting to make you appear in the wrong. Forget about it and realise you did nothing wrong...imo

Jesus H Christ!

What is going on in this website?! Why has no-one even considered to ask the most important question here?!

Don’t worry, I am here to carry the fab torch! So, OP, I say to thee..

Was She Hot?

I'd say in no way are you in the wrong for not having the money to pay anything towards it because it wasn't even mentioned beforehand and I'd i the same as you would of assumed the hotel was already paid for. However, as a gesture, knowing where the night was probably going I'd of explained in a rush to get there I'd left all whatever sum was asked for at home but I'd send an agreed fair amount the following day . Allowing the night to carry on and equally share some funds

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Out of interest.. who contacted whom first

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"Out of interest.. who contacted whom first "

What difference would that make?

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"Out of interest.. who contacted whom first

What difference would that make? "

Not much i suppose ..but the lad has been duped by the spontaneous offer of some free pussy

Perhaps in the cold light of day he will reflect on the circumstances that left him in town with his pants down

Home for a wank it was then

Glasgow

Because it's good manners whats bad manners is to expect someone to pay for yours and your partners evening out.

Op if they wanted a contribution it should have been discussed when you were invited. the tight ass comment is only helping to promote others shitty behaviour while attempting to make you appear in the wrong. Forget about it and realise you did nothing wrong...imo"

It's not a night out. Its a fab meet in a hotel. The guy was taking someone's place. He already knew they had been let down so common sense tells you there was an arrangement made in a hotel between 3 people. They gave the guy the opportunity to fill that space. As a gesture he should had contributed...imo

By *adjohnMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Definitely not in the wrong

You obviously had a feeling they where at it or you would have probably gone with the flow. These things happen, water off a ducks back

By *oversfunCouple  over a year ago

ayrshire

Because it's good manners whats bad manners is to expect someone to pay for yours and your partners evening out.

Op if they wanted a contribution it should have been discussed when you were invited. the tight ass comment is only helping to promote others shitty behaviour while attempting to make you appear in the wrong. Forget about it and realise you did nothing wrong...imo

It's not a night out. Its a fab meet in a hotel. The guy was taking someone's place. He already knew they had been let down so common sense tells you there was an arrangement made in a hotel between 3 people. They gave the guy the opportunity to fill that space. As a gesture he should had contributed...imo "

If they never mentioned payment then how is op meant to know?want to say more but wont as dont want banned

[Removed by poster at 01/09/22 01:53:44]

Sounds like they may be scammers as suggested shocking stuff ..well not really on here lol!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

If I book a room and I’m staying in it, then there’s no way I’d ask for a contribution. If I’ve arranged to meet with someone and play and/or stay over then we’d split it.

So, if the OP had paid to play with the guy’s wife, is her husband pimping her out? Surely a fair contribution for an hour or two in a hotel would be about £10 and there’s no way I’d ask anyone for that.

I don’t see why the husband thinks he’s paying for a guy to play with his wife just because he’s paid for a hotel room.

By *eeling hot hot hotCouple  over a year ago

North Ayrshire

No!!!!

I don't think you're in the wrong at all.

I'd never ask for a contribution to a room I already had booked. If you had planned the meet together before the room was booked then that's the time to discuss if payment is split.

I don't even think I'd want a contribution to a room from a guy unless he was spending the whole night there too. Doesn't seem fair to expect someone to pay half a room cost for a few hours use whilst the other person(s) get an entire nights stay in it.

You are totally in the right. Did the right thing to walk away. At best they were skinflints looking for you to pay for their jolly, at worst a scam to get £50 out of you. Dodged a bullet.

By *ddkkk91Man  over a year ago

fife

Doesn't seem like you were in the wrong.

If they asked prior to meeting then fair play but putting you on the spot cause someone else pulled sounds bad.

Just my view and opinion

By *actilenorfolkgentMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I've made arrangements to meet twice, only to be asked for payment just before, this isn't an escort site, or is it?

By *e libertineMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sounds like a piss take , imagine handing your card over then leaving them in the hotel to run up a bill all night .

It should all have been pre discussed.

Too many couples on here treat single men so very badly .

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

It's not a night out. Its a fab meet in a hotel. The guy was taking someone's place. He already knew they had been let down so common sense tells you there was an arrangement made in a hotel between 3 people. They gave the guy the opportunity to fill that space. As a gesture he should had contributed...imo "

so he has to be a clairvoyant to know about a mysterious already happened deal!.

It is an evening out for the cpl or should he also say cheers for the fuck now get out my room im going for a kip!

They wanted a meet...apparently while they were out ie not home they...apparently had a meet and were let down but fuck it will get some other fool to foot the bill is how I see it

By *unguy1969ABCMan  over a year ago

Stirling

It should be made clear before arranging to meet who is paying. I don't mind contributing if I'm prewarned, and its not too expensive lol.

By *ifebeginzat40Woman  over a year ago

central belt Scotland

Who doesn’t go out with no money?

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

"Who doesn’t go out with no money? "

Me. I only use my phone now. I have my card incase something is over the contactless limit.

central belt Scotland

So you do go out with money or a means of paying for things. Someone in the thread said they went out to meet people and said they had no money. I thought that was odd. Surely if your meeting people, you take a means of paying for things with you. Irrespective of who should or shouldn’t be paying for things?

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Who doesn’t go out with no money? "
I very rarely have cash in me these days when going out as contactless is just so readily accepted .

I’d only really take cash if there was a group of us meeting for lunch/dinner as it’s easier for splitting the bill

By *ddkkk91Man  over a year ago

fife

Maybe they had their card reader ?

central belt Scotland

I didn’t mean cash. I meant a means of paying for things.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I didn’t mean cash. I meant a means of paying for things. "
The guy was asked for money I assume they ment cash & not a bank transaction lol

central belt Scotland

True

» Add a new message to this topic