FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Ego

Ego

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was watching some stuff about people finding themselves and letting go of there ego. It’s true I suppose life is a learning experience every day, but getting hurt bruises our egos. Until we learn that we all have a story. Nothing bothers me now but it’s took me a long time.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I was watching some stuff about people finding themselves and letting go of there ego. It’s true I suppose life is a learning experience every day, but getting hurt bruises our egos. Until we learn that we all have a story. Nothing bothers me now but it’s took me a long time. "

Nothing?

Seriously, nothing bothers you? I think some things need to bother you/us in life otherwise where is the incentive or drive to change or look for improvement?

What I mean is I’ve lost my ego, so I let things go now don’t take things personally. No one is perfect

"What I mean is I’ve lost my ego, so I let things go now don’t take things personally. No one is perfect "

Ah, think I get you now.

Think that comes with age...or at least it has with me.

If folk don't like me I'm pretty much fine with that. I'd rather be an acquired taste

"What I mean is I’ve lost my ego, so I let things go now don’t take things personally. No one is perfect

Ah, think I get you now.

If folk don't like me I'm pretty much fine with that. I'd rather be an acquired taste "

I’ve realised that I’ve got a big personality not everyone has so I try and make people comfortable, I want people to like me but if they don’t and I’m nice we’ll that’s a shame

By *ockboy77Man  over a year ago

Angus, and Aberdeen area

"What I mean is I’ve lost my ego, so I let things go now don’t take things personally. No one is perfect

Ah, think I get you now.

If folk don't like me I'm pretty much fine with that. I'd rather be an acquired taste

I’ve realised that I’ve got a big personality not everyone has so I try and make people comfortable, I want people to like me but if they don’t and I’m nice we’ll that’s a shame "

Ok I get what mean, spent years trying to fit the crowd/image in my work… then thought f it be who you really are (and if being in a leather jacket, boots and jeans isn’t your scene, your problem)

A lot happier now!

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

I'm slowly getting there, still deep down a crowd pleaser, putting everyone before myself, but I've accepted who I am, a polite, well mannered gent, nothing that I am ashamed of, although glad to say that I am hardening

Ah, think I get you now.

If folk don't like me I'm pretty much fine with that. I'd rather be an acquired taste "

This.

I used to be a really anxious person, always scared of the impression I made, convinced no one liked me.

I'm not the most confident now but my ability to give a fuck has definitely increased. I think with age you realise that you don't like everyone so it's fair that not everyone likes you either.

Ah, think I get you now.

This.

I used to be a really anxious person, always scared of the impression I made, convinced no one liked me.

I'm not the most confident now but my ability to give a fuck has definitely increased. I think with age you realise that you don't like everyone so it's fair that not everyone likes you either. "

*Not give a fuck

By *oudBeSurprisedMan  over a year ago

Fife

"What I mean is I’ve lost my ego, so I let things go now don’t take things personally. No one is perfect "

It's impossible to lose your ego.

It's impossible to lose your ego."

How so? Is it the wee voice in your head? What we think of as ourselves (if that makes sense)?

Fife

How so? Is it the wee voice in your head? What we think of as ourselves (if that makes sense)?"

The ego is mediator of thought and behaviour. It is the part of the psyche that balances the actions of the instinctual desires and the critical overly controlling parts of the psyche.

You can't lose your ego. Even saying "I lost my ego because I don't care what people think" is the result of your ego taking action.

Your ego functions to bring benefit rather than grief to your psyche. The fact that you "lost your ego" to have a happier life is ,in itself, an act of bringing benefit rather than grief, ergo, your ego has controlled your behaviour.

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

I don’t think you can ever truly lose your ego just as you get older you can learn to control it better, however circumstances and situations out with your control can allow your ego to take over positively or negatively without you realising it ! Learning about self awareness is one of the hardest things for most people to accomplish because they don’t want to or are unwilling to acknowledge their faults

How so? Is it the wee voice in your head? What we think of as ourselves (if that makes sense)?

The ego is mediator of thought and behaviour. It is the part of the psyche that balances the actions of the instinctual desires and the critical overly controlling parts of the psyche.

You can't lose your ego. Even saying "I lost my ego because I don't care what people think" is the result of your ego taking action.

Your ego functions to bring benefit rather than grief to your psyche. The fact that you "lost your ego" to have a happier life is ,in itself, an act of bringing benefit rather than grief, ergo, your ego has controlled your behaviour. "

Have you just copied and pasted from psychology 101 lol

Fife

Your ego functions to bring benefit rather than grief to your psyche. The fact that you "lost your ego" to have a happier life is ,in itself, an act of bringing benefit rather than grief, ergo, your ego has controlled your behaviour.

Have you just copied and pasted from psychology 101 lol "

Why? Is that what your textbook says?

Why? Is that what your textbook says?"

If I was marking coursework I’d be thinking you’ve been copying Freud and not managing to successfully hide plagiarism, I’d defo need to run your paragraphs through software to check

Fife

Why? Is that what your textbook says?

If I was marking coursework I’d be thinking you’ve been copying Freud and not managing to successfully hide plagiarism, I’d defo need to run your paragraphs through software to check "

Feel free, it has been 14 years since I graduated and had anyone "mark" my thoughts or opinions.

Yes of course Freudian terminology has been used because how can you talk about ego and not use the language used by the person who developed the concept?

Run it through the software. I'll wait. It only ever took me seconds to get the percentage back when I was checking my students work.

» Add a new message to this topic