FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Long covid

Long covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exy gent OP   Man  over a year ago

Midlothian

Has anyone here suffered with it? If so, did you take any meds and how long did it take to clear?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *xperiencedSwingerMan  over a year ago

Stonehaven

I've had Covid twice. First time was at the end of January and the second time was the middle of May. I've always been fully vaccinated (I work in healthcare). First time I had it I felt like I had a bad 'flu. No appetite, and had breathing problems (I have chronic asthma - usually very well controlled). Took me about two weeks to get what I thought was better.... BUT..... afterwards I had lost a lot of stamina and was very tired most of the time. I genuinely felt I was actually getting old and less able!! I felt like I was in my mid 70's. By April, I was about to go to my GP about it but hadn't got around to that before I got Covid again. This time I had very few effects other than being exhausted when working in the garden a couple of days before. I got over the second infection quickly and suddenly bounced back to normal health for some reason. I've felt much better since then and enjoying life again. I didn't take any additional medication during the period when I didn't feel good. I can only imagine that the second infection gave my immune system a kick up the backside to shift the Covid fully. I've recently had my Autumn Covid and Flu vaccines (together on the same day) with absolutely no side effects at all.

Midlothian

I think I've had it since April this year, been to doctors , hospital and been tested several times and always negative, had all the symptoms you've described, just got a really annoying cough and having to blow my nose Alltwen time to get the gunk out of my chest, haven't exercised since November last year, might just go for a run today and see how I feel

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Not such an easy question to answer OP, long covid has been used as a catch all term for covid related symptoms, and theres such a wide variety

Under the definition of long covid the lung issues I have been left with wouldnt be long covid as there is an alterative diagnosis (bronchiectasis & asthma) similarly the fatigue I experience can be linked to B12 deficiency, so wouldnt be included as long covid even its now much worse and clearly all of this linked to covid.

But the non specific concerns docs have about my heart would/could be classed as long covid, same for the deterioration in eye sight and cognative functions (perfect excuse for my shite jokes getting more shite btw )

I now have a nebuliser, 2 inhalers and daily meds which are likely to be life long, had a couple of spells 8n hospital as a result.

Im 2 and a half years in since I was in hospital with covid, I was back in March/April 2020.

Reality is that nobody can be 100% certain at this point and there are still a lot of differing opinions among the medical community, could be years, decades even before there is enough data to fully understand this virus and its long term effects.

Hope you feel better soon.

Midlothian

"Not such an easy question to answer OP, long covid has been used as a catch all term for covid related symptoms, and theres such a wide variety

Under the definition of long covid the lung issues I have been left with wouldnt be long covid as there is an alterative diagnosis (bronchiectasis & asthma) similarly the fatigue I experience can be linked to B12 deficiency, so wouldnt be included as long covid even its now much worse and clearly all of this linked to covid.

But the non specific concerns docs have about my heart would/could be classed as long covid, same for the deterioration in eye sight and cognative functions (perfect excuse for my shite jokes getting more shite btw )

I now have a nebuliser, 2 inhalers and daily meds which are likely to be life long, had a couple of spells 8n hospital as a result.

Im 2 and a half years in since I was in hospital with covid, I was back in March/April 2020.

Reality is that nobody can be 100% certain at this point and there are still a lot of differing opinions among the medical community, could be years, decades even before there is enough data to fully understand this virus and its long term effects.

Hope you feel better soon.

"

I hope you keep on getting better mate

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has anyone here suffered with it? If so, did you take any meds and how long did it take to clear? "

Nit long covid but I've developed bronchitis due to having covid 5 times. Bloody annoying considering I used to be a runner and never smoked

» Add a new message to this topic