FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > arty farty

arty farty

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uitar_antihero OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I went to see Sigur Ròs' Valtari Experimental Film Project last night. Some of the segments were really good, some were so far up their own arses they had two heads but there was something to admire in all of them, even if it was just lighting or composition or even just the atmosphere of the piece.

So, what kind of art do you like? Are you interested in photography or shooting movies? & I don't mean making sex movies haha.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Quite like the arty look of your avatar pic,, the two thirds purply blue, the golden brown and you lookin like you've jumped out a moving car at 50mph, but no imagination, always been my trouble,lol

Glasgow

I'll let you in on a secret, the photo is me just leaping (not gracefully) on loch winnoch when it froze last winter. The blue is just cos of a dodgy lens haha.

I did feel inspired after the film though, it made me want to do some video.

Sigur Ros` are playing next year!

Photoghraphy can capture some amazing sites..my son's a photgrapher and as he say's it's being in the right place at the right time...!

Glasgow

That definitely plays a part in it, but sometimes you can compose a good photo too.

Yeah, I spotted they are playing in march. I saw them at the O2 Academy 6 years ago, they are playing the SECC this time. I feel its the wrong kind of venue for them, too soulless.

By *lash and BunsCouple  over a year ago

Inverclyde

Photography, seen some cracking photos and took a few myself.

What I can't go us the pish that passes as 'Modern Art', like the 'unmade bed', sorry that shit can GTF

love sigur ros!

Glasgow

Some modern art does look cool, its the pretentious "meaning" behind it that annoys me. Though saying that, I spoke to an arts research student the other week & her comments on modern art were interesting.

» Add a new message to this topic