FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Time wasters

Time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ighlander81 OP   Man  over a year ago

Hamilton

Small rant incoming! I don’t get this site sometimes when people complain about constant time wasters, yes there are a lot of arseholes on the site but when genuine people approach with interest to the “profile preferences” it’s ignored and message deleted despite you being exactly what they profile requires….is this just a site for attention seekers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pready MercuryWoman  over a year ago

lanarkshire

It doesn't make someone a time waster or attention seeker because they don't reply to you , it makes them not interested in you , a time waster is someone how arranges a meet and will either stand you up or ghost you in the run up to the meet , not replying to a message isn't a reason to try and label someone a time waster , if you read the FAQS you'll see its a no thanks .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

But you're not "exactly what the profile requires" if they don't fancy you. Surely they'd be more of a timewaster if they replied and lead you on knowing there was no attraction and it wouldn't go anywhere?

Agree with the ladies above.

Not replying does not make them a timewaster..most look at your profile before reading mail so have decided your not what their looking for.

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

Agree with above…sometimes it’s also easier to not reply saying why you’re not their type as it opens up to messages saying why you’re wrong/abuse.

Before I look at/think about replying I’ll look at the profile/pics/status and from there I’ll be able to tell if they’re what I’m looking for. I also tend to reply more to folk from the forums so I usually have a vibe from that their personality

Don't regard peeps who don't reply as time wasters, they just aren't interested. Time wasters are those who talk at length about meeting and what they will do but always find an excuse not to meet when put on the spot.

By *uffolkJohnMan  over a year ago

Newmarket

"Small rant incoming! I don’t get this site sometimes when people complain about constant time wasters, yes there are a lot of arseholes on the site but when genuine people approach with interest to the “profile preferences” it’s ignored and message deleted despite you being exactly what they profile requires….is this just a site for attention seekers "

A guy with only one meet and eight months on the site bitching about time wasters on the forum could be accused of attention seeking.

Hamilton

You’ve all missed my point, I said that everyone complains about the time wasters I never accused them of being time wasters. Also how can someone decide they’re not attracted to someone without even looking at their profile?

Also my lack of meets isn’t down to me wasting anyone’s time or attention seeking. When I approach someone who catches my eye I comment and read their profile, I’m selective on who I’d like to meet not just one of the fuck anything with a heartbeat types that this site is loaded with

Newmarket

"You’ve all missed my point, I said that everyone complains about the time wasters I never accused them of being time wasters. Also how can someone decide they’re not attracted to someone without even looking at their profile?

Also my lack of meets isn’t down to me wasting anyone’s time or attention seeking. When I approach someone who catches my eye I comment and read their profile, I’m selective on who I’d like to meet not just one of the fuck anything with a heartbeat types that this site is loaded with

"

Yep, definitely attention seeking.

Hamilton

"You’ve all missed my point, I said that everyone complains about the time wasters I never accused them of being time wasters. Also how can someone decide they’re not attracted to someone without even looking at their profile?

Yep, definitely attention seeking. "

Whatever John! At least I make a bit of an effort with my profile

Newmarket

Yep, definitely attention seeking.

Whatever John! At least I make a bit of an effort with my profile

"

Sorry if I hit a nerve. Maybe you need to make more of an effort with your profile and then you may get some responses. Good luck!!

By *unkydunkyCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

You get time wasters of all sex’s on fab. We had arranged a meet of Tuesday night travelled over to meet where they wanted and a no show! No explanation and all of a sudden blocked on fab. Very frustrating for people who don’t get a lot of spare time

"

You're missing the point. Them ranting about time wasters isn't at all related to them not replying to you.

They're ranting about people they did fancy and who let them down.

They don't fancy you. It's not related. They can look at your profile without you knowing, it's in the privacy settings.

Hamilton

You're missing the point. Them ranting about time wasters isn't at all related to them not replying to you.

They're ranting about people they did fancy and who let them down.

They don't fancy you. It's not related. They can look at your profile without you knowing, it's in the privacy settings. "

That I didn’t know so I apologise for my rant, just find it frustrating here at times, as I don’t think I’m that bad looking a guy and I’m nice to go with it but it is what it is.

If I could delete the forum list I would.

Apologies all

By *pready MercuryWoman  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"

That I didn’t know so I apologise for my rant, just find it frustrating here at times, as I don’t think I’m that bad looking a guy and I’m nice to go with it but it is what it is.

If I could delete the forum list I would.

Apologies all "

Moaning on a forum about the lack of attention you get is the definition of attention seeking , just sayin

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

You need to consider as a solo male you are in the majority on here. Women can afford to pick and choose as they see fit and reply to those who appeal and ignore those who don't. The second thing is that a regular complaint from women is how abusive and aggressively men respond when women respond as not interested or get abusive during messaging. These clowns thus make it all the more difficult for the good normal blokes to get a response. The third thing is anyone you message is not obliged to reply to you. Its always nice to get a reply even if its to say no thank you.

By *ark EdgeCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

Poor you

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

"

Ninja mode you won’t know I’ve looked at your profile because I have stealth mode activated

Just because you think you’re they’re type maybe they see things differently and sometimes our profiles are active but we’re not actively looking for meets and do our own searching when we do

Hamilton

Ninja mode you won’t know I’ve looked at your profile because I have stealth mode activated

Just because you think you’re they’re type maybe they see things differently and sometimes our profiles are active but we’re not actively looking for meets and do our own searching when we do

"

I get it I do, and as per my previous apology I was just a bit frustrated and probably shouldn’t have posted. I see myself as a nice respectful guy. This place is potentially not for me but there are some nice folk I talk too just not in the area as it stands.

By *orl1971Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

OP you said how can someone decide if they’re not attracted to you without looking at your profile.

We judge the first message someone sends. If their written English is poor and English is their first language then we can be pretty certain they’re not what we are looking for. We wouldn’t even look at the profile but we would get back and say they are not what we are looking for.

Everyone gets this on here. I'm a single female & had my fair share of time wasters (a few months ago I drove nearly 50 miles to then be ignored outside a guys house)

I gave up after that & deleted profile number 3 but came back as the genuine meets with genuine people are worth it.

I now rarely reply to messages & prefer to meet people at clubs, diesels too dear for the dregs on here

Hamilton

OP you said how can someone decide if they’re not attracted to you without looking at your profile.

We judge the first message someone sends. If their written English is poor and English is their first language then we can be pretty certain they’re not what we are looking for. We wouldn’t even look at the profile but we would get back and say they are not what we are looking for."

I’m a well educated individual with a strong career I don’t message anything that’s not been thought through. As I said it is what it is and I’m fine with that now. It’s all good.

Thanks everyone for the feedback

By *ikergent50Man  over a year ago

bathgate

I am fed up with the time wasters and scammers on here .. I have turned up to supposedly meet a lady or a couple only to find some guy thinking it’s a laugh .. which is why I have come off here so often over the years .. however I have recently connected with some really lovely genuine people who I’m very happy to call friends now .. the site is not what it was but there are genuine people out there that you can connect with .. and even with the genuine ones there might not be a connection but not answering or saying no thanks is not being a time waster

Rant over

» Add a new message to this topic