FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Fab in the news again

Fab in the news again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *cotsman269 OP   Man  over a year ago

Falkirk

Again we see another report of someone on fab in the mainstream media.

Does it put you off from being here ? Or make you more wary of who you chat to ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *arkyp_321Man  over a year ago

East Kilbride

"Again we see another report of someone on fab in the mainstream media.

Does it put you off from being here ? Or make you more wary of who you chat to ? "

Really…where was this reported ?

Falkirk

Was in a tabloid don’t want to name it but it’s out daily for the record !!

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think the site being namedropped isn't really relevant to the story, but they've done it for shock value.

It's another thing that just shows you hae to be careful of what you post and share online.

Getting back to a "Would your mother approve" sorta situation.

Mandy

Falkirk

I agree watch what you post as you never know who is out there.

East Kilbride

"Was in a tabloid don’t want to name it but it’s out daily for the record !!"

…lol ! Ty.

East Kilbride

"I think the site being namedropped isn't really relevant to the story, but they've done it for shock value.

It's another thing that just shows you hae to be careful of what you post and share online.

Getting back to a "Would your mother approve" sorta situation.

Mandy"

….yes…the thought of my mother finding out ..lol !

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Personally I think only person should be in a single profiles pics is the person who’s profile it is as fab cannot be sure anyone else has consented.

Falkirk

My mother would definitely not approve of me being here

East Kilbride

"Personally I think only person should be in a single profiles pics is the person who’s profile it is as fab cannot be sure anyone else has consented. "

Definitely….it’s common decency, and a legal requirement !

By *cotsman75Man  over a year ago

North fife

Stopped buying papers years ago haha. Good old fab getting publicity though. Km sure it's some shitty storm in a tea cup kind of reporting

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

My mum doesn’t approve but my kids are pretty cool with it so long as I’m being safe and they know if I’m coming home, anyone else’s opinions I couldn’t really give a toss about but what does bother me about these stories is the ambiguity of them and often the lies ! If you’re going to talk about me at least get it right and that’s what does more harm often than anything for folks

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He put pictures up on here of him and his ex....she was not happy about him using pictures with her in them. So she took him to court. It may put some of but as long as your an adult and its within the law. As the saying goes. But it dose make me wonder if there is more pictures on here like that. Alot of guys are using pictures with women in them. I wonder if the women know. I certainly would not never use pictures like that. Have some respect for others. I treat people with respect.

[Removed by poster at 26/02/23 20:42:42]

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

Why o don’t take pics or send pics anyone wants to see themselves fucking me well note it to memory not to jpg wanna see what I look naked let’s get naked together, doesn’t matter who it is no matter how much you think you can trust them there’s never any guarantees on what happens to an image after you’ve sent it to someone or allowed someone to take an image

Falkirk

Yeah I agree if you want to see someone naked do it in person and relive it in your mind. You don’t know who would share them if they decided to.

"Personally I think only person should be in a single profiles pics is the person who’s profile it is as fab cannot be sure anyone else has consented. "

Totally agree, as soon as I see pics with others on a singles profile it puts me completely off!

By *aughty_BBW_69Woman  over a year ago

Livingston

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/scots-dentist-used-intimate-photos-29295402.amp

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Hope it wasn’t my mother telling tales about her time on Fab again

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

I think sites like these could be more proactive. If it's a single person's profile, why allow other people in their pictures at all.

Quite a few times I pointed out to people who display these pictures that it's not right. Often there's a response "but that's my ex".

And that makes it OK?? Switch your brain on FFS

By *isge BeathaWoman  over a year ago

Here, There and Everywhere

I had reason to call a guy out for posting pictures of him and his wife that he had on his profile. She isn't aware he's on here and he had the audacity to have a go at me! I reported him to Fab but they're still on his profile.

I do think more should be done when pictures are uploaded and be declined when the pictures are clearly of 2 people on a single profile.

stirling

What about photos of a Group event that a single attends? Should no one share them then?

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"What about photos of a Group event that a single attends? Should no one share them then?"

No they shouldn't

stirling

"What about photos of a Group event that a single attends? Should no one share them then?

No they shouldn't "

Agree, hence putting it out there, if singles are policed these need to be also

Falkirk

"What about photos of a Group event that a single attends? Should no one share them then?

No they shouldn't

Agree, hence putting it out there, if singles are policed these need to be also "

Agree not everyone wants to be photographed in a group setting

Just take a minute and think. Before using s picture. If they find out. Would they report it to the authorities.

This guy has now 12 months community service and £ 500 to pay. Is a picture actually worth the hassle. Plus the news paper reports. His name and pictures are in the paper. Her name is not even mentioned. Remember he could have got alot worse from the sheriff.

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"What about photos of a Group event that a single attends? Should no one share them then?"

No

There’s no way to know if everyone involved has consented. Decent morality and now the law demands consent.

By *oulkissMan  over a year ago

Croydon

"Quite a few times I pointed out to people who display these pictures that it's not right. Often there's a response "but that's my ex".

And that makes it OK?? Switch your brain on FFS "

Spot on about the thinking its ok because it was an ex.

The only hidden veri I have on here is one from an ex...

By *addhabitzzCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I, as in Pinky, had this happen to me with a couple I met. Had my pics all over their profile! I was livid as was not with my consent. What had been a great meet ended up ruined due to this. As soon as I see others in peoples profiles it puts me right off as they could be there without consent. A profile is there to sell the people it represents. Not as an advertisement for others they have been with

By *isge BeathaWoman  over a year ago

Here, There and Everywhere

No

There’s no way to know if everyone involved has consented. Decent morality and now the law demands consent. "

Unfortunately consent on here is going to be impossible to prove or give. The only work around is that pictures uploaded should only be approved if it's the profile owner in it. Anyone else that features in the photograph should be declined.

I got banned from a kik group for calling out members sharing photos of them with others who weren't in the group.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Surely that’s up to the photo moderators then? I agree that single profiles should only show that person. It puts me off when I see other people in the single profile pics.

I did ask a guy to remove my pics from his single profile. He put them up without my permission.

There’s no way of knowing if your pics are on any other site without doing a reverse image search. It might be worth doing as mine have ended up on X small furry pet Fab friend told me that’s how I found out.

By *nox.Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think singles posting pics with others are in them asking as the other parties have agreed and have a profile and maybe put a text on the pics with their profile names would be fine. Far too many single men balls deep in pics of their exes

» Add a new message to this topic