FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > The attitudes of people caused by Fab

The attitudes of people caused by Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exyscottishcouple79 OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Lanarkshire

Why have people on here created themselves into these bad attitude ignorant egotistical people?

Is it the site that’s causing people to think they’re above others or better than the next person?

For example with out a doubt most of us either know one another through social media and not aware that we’re on this together but yet we most likely chat on social media somehow at some point but on this we’re damn right offensive to one another

Fab is causing us all to have a stigma in life

Creating bad attitudes in us all

Absolutely disgusting

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Why is it the site, not the individual

By *exyscottishcouple79 OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Lanarkshire

You’d think that wouldn’t you but think about if it was a neighbour or someone you know on other social media sites wouldn’t they talk to you the way they do on this or the attitudes they have ?

The answer is no they’d be more respectful

Just because it’s a swinging site doesn’t mean we need to be nasty to each other does it ?

We are all here for the same thing yes different interests etc which is fine but why think you’re better than the next person??

Thus creating a cloak and dagger persona bad attitudes

By *otbeefandonionsCouple  over a year ago

Bathgate

Loads of keyboard warriors on here. Kinda reminds me of Facebook circa 2018 where everyone was really abrasive and arsey and you couldn't make a post without being jumped on or your weight insulted etc

But, on the flip side, there are also lots of awesome people too

By *oShrinkingVioletWoman  over a year ago

the land of unicorns and fairytales

No tbh I think a lot of folk talk out their arse in person as well most often it’s associated with alcohol, I think the fact they are in places where they are comfortable when they’re on social media ie sitting in the house they let their guard down and show their true colours more often than not. I’ve often met people on their own turf and will say anything and be downright disrespectful but wouldn’t say it anywhere else

By *ngelstormWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Why have people on here created themselves into these bad attitude ignorant egotistical people?

Is it the site that’s causing people to think they’re above others or better than the next person?

For example with out a doubt most of us either know one another through social media and not aware that we’re on this together but yet we most likely chat on social media somehow at some point but on this we’re damn right offensive to one another

Absolutely disgusting "

Not sure who your talking to to decide everyone has become egotistical.

We have never been rude to anyone even though a few may have deserved it.

Fab can be draining and hard work but at end of day we chose to be here and do so again everyday so we don't have a right to take frustration or bad mood out on anyone, rather kill you with kindness

Just for clarity though, not reciprocating a wink or not replying to a message is a choice not rudeness but I try to respond to all who can and do read my profile as they least made the effort so I try reciprocate even if it is to say not for me but wish you all the best with Fab.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I don’t think it’s fab at all .

You will find that rude people are always rude people no matter what platform they are using but some will try and play the nice guy on certain ones over others .

I think the thing with fab is they will probably never meet the people they are being rude to so they think they can get away with it more .

By *elsbells2011Couple  over a year ago

fife

Not gonna lie our attitude is far worse on fab than would ever dream of in person. Just grates thin a little when we try to be as informative and to the point as possible in our profile as to what we want and still you get the people that end up wasting time. Fab is like a hobby and it seems of late spend more time trying to organise the fun than actually having any. Get 5 days into organising a meet thinking everything going well then get the bombshell they can’t drive. Wouldn’t that be a good point to mention earlier before we organise everything and then it turns out you can’t actually get there. We don’t think we are better than anyone but definitely not interested in people that don’t fit our needs and no point chatting away to someone if it’s clearly going nowhere. I suppose we sometimes come across as rude but as the saying goes if you ask stupid questions you get stupid answers.

By *ustyntheB3astCouple  over a year ago

Fife

We must have been really lucky so far on fab as we’ve met nothing but nice genuine people. Yeah some people ignore us but that is their choice to do so. We find it to be a lot more positive place than many of the social media platforms.

By *o and peepCouple  over a year ago

falkirk

It's not fab it's the Internet in general some people like to strike a match then sit back and watch the fire grow

I do like a good heated discussion but if you start wining an argument usually because your right then the others start resorting to insults and childish behaviour that's my point of departure as once it gets to that point your just wasting your time

By *ill dance for wineMan  over a year ago

Balloch

People have a sense on anonymity on sites like this, couple that with an inability to take rejection, polite no’s or even respectful advances and you get rudeness, narcissism and general ignorance. You just have to recognise diminutive personalities for what they are.

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

I don't think it is anything to do with Fab, it's just how some people act in forums all over the Internet.

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

I'm the same on here as in the real life, polite, well mannered and respectful, not rocket science

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Most of the people on Fab that I know are open and up front. If you wouldn’t say it in person to someone, then you shouldn’t say it online. It’s easy to make comments that you won’t back up in person.

I find it easier to be open and honest with Fab friends and we often discuss just about any topic under the sun.

By *aptain BrubakerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Well, if we're having a moan about things...

I understood that a deleted message was a polite thanks, but no thanks.

So why do so many people read a message, never respond and never delete the message? It just sits there. If they deleted, It's clear and saves everyone alot of time.

End of moan

By *idas ManMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I don’t think it’s fab at all .

You will find that rude people are always rude people no matter what platform they are using but some will try and play the nice guy on certain ones over others .

I think the thing with fab is they will probably never meet the people they are being rude to so they think they can get away with it more . "

Definitely some truth to this, I think. Also, in my opinion, certain females and couples get off on the number of Fabs they receive and deem it as some sort of popularity contest

By *airyjMan  over a year ago

dumfries and 24 in France

Agree with you

By *pready MercuryWoman  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Sometimes it's hard to judge a person's intentions in written text .. sometimes folk get sick of replying no thanks , sometimes folk will know others but don't want to mix their real life with fab life and like to keep the 2 separate so in turn see no point in acknowledging the other person in question .. for whatever reason they aren't for you best just to move along , but sometimes that just doesn't happen and the repetitive no thanks grates a bit , no one owes anyone the right of reply however rude it seems it is easier to just ignore .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's not fab it's the Internet in general some people like to strike a match then sit back and watch the fire grow

I do like a good heated discussion but if you start wining an argument usually because your right then the others start resorting to insults and childish behaviour that's my point of departure as once it gets to that point your just wasting your time "

I wish I could use the clapping emoji cause I couldn’t agree more with this comment. The internet it self has caused more issues than anything else. More people hide behind screens, talking the talk but rarely walking the walk.

This site is for the like minded to chat socially and enjoy speaking about the sex in a comfortable environment with others then who knows where it will lead. I believe manners, respect and honesty isn’t what it used to be anymore. Those three things is what helps build trust.

Anyway, back to my original point, I couldn’t agree lore with this reply!

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Well, if we're having a moan about things...

I understood that a deleted message was a polite thanks, but no thanks.

So why do so many people read a message, never respond and never delete the message? It just sits there. If they deleted, It's clear and saves everyone alot of time.

End of moan

"

If they don't reply, isn't that clear too?

By *aza1888Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Loads of keyboard warriors on here. Kinda reminds me of Facebook circa 2018 where everyone was really abrasive and arsey and you couldn't make a post without being jumped on or your weight insulted etc

But, on the flip side, there are also lots of awesome people too"

I get this sort of sense on here as if there's a hierarchy

By *andj5Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

We try not to get annoyed with horrible people but thank god there is a block button. This is meant to be fun, sexy and kinky not a hassle. It’s all about being nice and meeting the right people, the rest can just go away x x

I'm afraid.. when you are constantly told it's a site 'rule' that no reply is deemed somehow to be polite, when all you have done is offer a polite funny well thought out relevant generic hello .. it's gets folks back up. Ignorance is never polite. With this kind of thing sangioned by the site therefore widely adopted as acceptable it's no surprise to me at all that many who perhaps don't control their emotions that well become just a tad cheeky and belligerent. Unique to a degree on here.

"Loads of keyboard warriors on here. Kinda reminds me of Facebook circa 2018 where everyone was really abrasive and arsey and you couldn't make a post without being jumped on or your weight insulted etc

But, on the flip side, there are also lots of awesome people too I get this sort of sense on here as if there's a hierarchy "

There is.

By *r n Mrs BlissCouple  over a year ago

Livingston

We personally don’t think it’s a fab thing

In todays day n age it’s a society thing

Being rude is way more common than being kind as someone has said in the thread kill them with kindness

Happy fabbing folks

By *osephrimmerMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh Aberdeen and Dublin

"Most of the people on Fab that I know are open and up front. If you wouldn’t say it in person to someone, then you shouldn’t say it online. It’s easy to make comments that you won’t back up in person.

I find it easier to be open and honest with Fab friends and we often discuss just about any topic under the sun. "

This is my experience on Fab, over the nearly

10 years I’ve been on and off here. I have some genuinely good friends from here, with whom I can also talk about literally anything as it’s so open from the start.

That said, I’m shocked by the stories I hear from others (particularly women) about what has been said (or even done) to them. I think Fab is a closed community with everyone hidden behind anonymity. It allows people who hide their bile from the world to let it out as they think it’s without consequence - they don’t have to live with the effects of what they’ve said.

By *r - Mrs BCouple  over a year ago

scotland

We haven’t been on Fab for long but so far our experience has been very positive . We have had fun with some great people & had good social meets too , lots of chat and none of it has been rude , pushy or in any other way negative . Long may it continue !

By *e libertineMan  over a year ago

London

"Why have people on here created themselves into these bad attitude ignorant egotistical people?

Absolutely disgusting "

Well said and thank god some9ne else has said this , theres a good few on here who think they are Holywood A.listers because of the photo likes alone !.

Another thing that hurts me is Couples who just block you as soon as you vote for them in the Hot pics section .

By *ocklecockMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"Not gonna lie our attitude is far worse on fab than would ever dream of in person. Just grates thin a little when we try to be as informative and to the point as possible in our profile as to what we want and still you get the people that end up wasting time. Fab is like a hobby and it seems of late spend more time trying to organise the fun than actually having any. Get 5 days into organising a meet thinking everything going well then get the bombshell they can’t drive. Wouldn’t that be a good point to mention earlier before we organise everything and then it turns out you can’t actually get there. We don’t think we are better than anyone but definitely not interested in people that don’t fit our needs and no point chatting away to someone if it’s clearly going nowhere. I suppose we sometimes come across as rude but as the saying goes if you ask stupid questions you get stupid answers. "

Well i have to say you have been awfully rude to me in the past !

And i know several people who have said the same #badrep

fife

Perfect example. Not gonna hide it at all. Our profile clearly states what we are looking for then we receive messages from profiles such as this with one verification outwith our Distance requirements and The only verification turns out to be the opposite of what we are looking for also. Then people get butt hurt when we are rude. Sorry but respect will be given when received and if people can’t respect our profile can’t exactly go crying when get a rude reply #gocrytosomeonewhocares

By *d68Man  over a year ago

Airdrie

I’ve noticed this as well op, with women. You take the time and effort send a cordial message to introduce yourself. The message either gets blanked, read and left there, or deleted. Manners cost nothing a reply to say sorry pal, or not interested.

Acknowledge there is another human on the other end of that message. I’m not one to slag others for looks, however a good few of the ladies on here seem to have “golden pussy syndrome.” They seem to set the standards way too high, especially when a good few are no oil paintings. Before any flames me, (I know I’m no oil painting), but am a genuine guy. It gets boring when you’re writing message, after message to no avail.

I receive messages from men and I reply to them have a short back and forth, then say no thanks mate I’m straight, but good luck:

fife

"I’ve noticed this as well op, with women. You take the time and effort send a cordial message to introduce yourself. The message either gets blanked, read and left there, or deleted. Manners cost nothing a reply to say sorry pal, or not interested.

Acknowledge there is another human on the other end of that message. I’m not one to slag others for looks, however a good few of the ladies on here seem to have “golden pussy syndrome.” They seem to set the standards way too high, especially when a good few are no oil paintings. Before any flames me, (I know I’m no oil painting), but am a genuine guy. It gets boring when you’re writing message, after message to no avail.

I receive messages from men and I reply to them have a short back and forth, then say no thanks mate I’m straight, but good luck:

"

Try doing that when you wake up in the morning to 60 messages then another 100 throughout the day. Try replying back to every single message politely and a courtesy no thanks. How much time do you think people have in the average day. This is why personally I end up being rude because I have tried to put everything in our profile for people to read before they message and end up wasting everyone’s time. Then once they either don’t read the profile or continue to ignore it and message anyway they seem to get their knickers in a twist because they think I should be courteous and polite and they deserve a reply back

By *e libertineMan  over a year ago

London

"I’ve noticed this as well op, with women. You take the time and effort send a cordial message to introduce yourself. The message either gets blanked, read and left there, or deleted. Manners cost nothing a reply to say sorry pal, or not interested.

Very well said , i can think of a few on here with Golden Pussy syndrome particularly the one who loves the limelight .

I once gave her a tenner to leave me in peace when she was a lapdancer ??

"

Airdrie

" Try doing that when you wake up in the morning to 60 messages then another 100 throughout the day. Try replying back to every single message politely and a courtesy no thanks. How much time do you think people have in the average day. This is why personally I end up being rude because I have tried to put everything in our profile for people to read before they message and end up wasting everyone’s time. Then once they either don’t read the profile or continue to ignore it and message anyway they seem to get their knickers in a twist because they think I should be courteous and polite and they deserve a reply back "

Fair enough, but there is an update status on your profile aye? Maybe a wee update sorry lads/lassies I’m inundated with messages, if you don’t fit what we’re looking for it’s a no. Also you must’ve checked their profile to see they don’t meet your expectations, time to do that but not drop a two word message ( no thanks. ).

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"

Try doing that when you wake up in the morning to 60 messages then another 100 throughout the day. Try replying back to every single message politely and a courtesy no thanks. How much time do you think people have in the average day. This is why personally I end up being rude because I have tried to put everything in our profile for people to read before they message and end up wasting everyone’s time. Then once they either don’t read the profile or continue to ignore it and message anyway they seem to get their knickers in a twist because they think I should be courteous and polite and they deserve a reply back

Fair enough, but there is an update status on your profile aye? Maybe a wee update sorry lads/lassies I’m inundated with messages, if you don’t fit what we’re looking for it’s a no. Also you must’ve checked their profile to see they don’t meet your expectations, time to do that but not drop a two word message ( no thanks. )."

Would a load of no thanks messages in response really make you feel better?

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

OK, louder for the people at the back:

YOU. ARE. NOT. ENTITLED. TO. A. REPLY. OR A STATUS UPDATE. FROM ANYONE. READ THE DAMN FAQs.

If you are having trouble with that, it's a you problem and not an us problem.

Airdrie

"

Fair enough, but there is an update status on your profile aye? Maybe a wee update sorry lads/lassies I’m inundated with messages, if you don’t fit what we’re looking for it’s a no. Also you must’ve checked their profile to see they don’t meet your expectations, time to do that but not drop a two word message ( no thanks. ).

Would a load of no thanks messages in response really make you feel better?"

It’s not about making someone feeling better, it’s about common courtesy.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"

Would a load of no thanks messages in response really make you feel better?

It’s not about making someone feeling better, it’s about common courtesy. "

Fab rules state. No reply means no thanks. I'm not here to reply to every random guy who messages.

How would you feel having to search through hundreds of no thanks messages to find the yes please one. Bet there would be many guys then moaning about all the blatant rejection and women wasting their time filling their inbox for no reason.

"OK, louder for the people at the back:

YOU. ARE. NOT. ENTITLED. TO. A. REPLY. OR A STATUS UPDATE. FROM ANYONE. READ THE DAMN FAQs.

If you are having trouble with that, it's a you problem and not an us problem."

Yeah imagine having to reply to 90+ messages that simply say “hey x”

fife

Sorry I don’t understand your thinking. So by your logic if someone blatantly ignores our polite requests in our profile and chooses to try their luck anyway and message us regardless. Somehow I’m due them common courtesy and politeness and It’s only fair I reply back saying no thank you?

Dundee

"

Yeah, I am not doing that. Instant delete.

Dundee

"

Sorry I don’t understand your thinking. So by your logic if someone blatantly ignores our polite requests in our profile and chooses to try their luck anyway and message us regardless. Somehow I’m due them common courtesy and politeness and It’s only fair I reply back saying no thank you? "

I read a profile yesterday that was barely a profile, the text said 'if I send a wink you send one back, if I send a message you reply'. Haha, no. I won't be dictated to how I run my fab account.

Dundee

Yeah, I am not doing that. Instant delete."

And as if by magic, one has just arrived in my inbox just saying 'morning'. If they refuse to make an effort with their message then I refuse to read it. Deleted.

And as if by magic, one has just arrived in my inbox just saying 'morning'. If they refuse to make an effort with their message then I refuse to read it. Deleted."

Our favourite is the clearly copy and pasted messaged that is exactly the same as the one that was sent and deleted four weeks before. We occasionally see that from couples as well as men

Why does written rejection matter so much.

Is an inbox full of no going to make you feel any better?

Dundee

And as if by magic, one has just arrived in my inbox just saying 'morning'. If they refuse to make an effort with their message then I refuse to read it. Deleted.

Our favourite is the clearly copy and pasted messaged that is exactly the same as the one that was sent and deleted four weeks before. We occasionally see that from couples as well as men "

Yep, I get that too.

Just had another one message looking for a hotel meet for tonight. Either he a) hasn't read the profile which clearly states I don't do 'meet todays' especially with someone I've never spoken to before, or b) has read it and chosen to ignore it, because his needs are more important than my preferences. Either way, rude.

So those that think I should send a courtesy reply, why on earth should I bother when he hasn't bothered about what I want?!

This is the reality of being on FAB, I hope you guys have stopped paying for this.

Personality I read the re-_iews concerning FAB so I knew what the score was and is.

Its a pot of swingers and ladies who have a platform based on sex (all the re_iews state that FAB is a sex site and through the use of wording make it look like a sex fest were a bloke can pay to join and they will be laid)

So there is a pot a large pot of men adding to subscription fees or adverts fees which pay for this site, and the people who run it, including clubs and socials and toys ive seen recently good work if you can get it.

I personally know that that isn't the case.

But others who have no knowledge of swinging may believe the hype and do not read the comments under the re_iew a common Pratice it seems and join with expectation maybe.

Well guys with so many of us to choose from what would your attitude be if you received 100's of messages?

Vote with your feet guys less of us here, less choice, less revenue, better mental health maybe.

At best this thread is a warning to you guys.

Just in case any one wonders why im here, it is not to meet, I would not want to meet someone off here and the meet turned into this thread no way, its to read the forums.

I stopped paying as why would I pay to be abused and in other cases ignored.

I was told this is FAB I can do whatever I wish within the site rules if I ignore you tough, ask for a photo and block you after tough this is fAB.

You get what you pay for guys except it or not up to you, but you will always be abused if you point this out.

off to the naughty step with me.

Another word of caution for us fabbers, I was once on a dating site as it was free and had a forum.

It got so toxic the owner sold it to another site who got rid of the forum part.

Self destruction or what.

Our favourite is the clearly copy and pasted messaged that is exactly the same as the one that was sent and deleted four weeks before. We occasionally see that from couples as well as men

Yep, I get that too.

Just had another one message looking for a hotel meet for tonight. Either he a) hasn't read the profile which clearly states I don't do 'meet todays' especially with someone I've never spoken to before, or b) has read it and chosen to ignore it, because his needs are more important than my preferences. Either way, rude.

So those that think I should send a courtesy reply, why on earth should I bother when he hasn't bothered about what I want?! "

And then a considerable majority of those who you do politely say no, use it as an assumption or opportunity to try and keep a conversation going.

No one is owed that.

I've put myself in your shoes and can say I wouldn't answer messages one after another and you don't have to.

That why I say to the guys don't bother stop watching FAB and go out and do something more interesting instead.

You never know you may bump into a swinger.

on that note I am off out.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Recently saw a profile verified by 1 woman 11 years ago. Profile comes up in my local updates often so it's an active profile.

So how many years do guys hang around hoping for a meet before they give in.

By *ew couple4youCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Recently saw a profile verified by 1 woman 11 years ago. Profile comes up in my local updates often so it's an active profile.

So how many years do guys hang around hoping for a meet before they give in.

"

Probably just on perving now

By *evils PuddingCouple  over a year ago

Paisley

I dislike everyone equally, both in person and online.

By *ibliosWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

As has been observed in a bazillion other threads, you can't win no matter what you do.

I personally think it's pretty rude to either not read someone's profile or blatantly disregard everything in it that indicates they're not going to be interested because you think it's worth a punt at getting your leg over. It's wasting everyone's time.

I've had abuse whether or not I've responded, and regardless how I've responded. I've had the same messages over and over, regardless of whether and how I've responded. Yes, I can block (though don't think I should have to) but that doesn't stop the 'phoenixed' profiles - same people, same messages, new account.

It gets challenging to maintain a chirpy equilibrium about it all after a while.

Don’t get me wrong, this site has a massive amount of men on it…. So if I get a reply great if I don’t, then move on. I’m hindsight it would be great to get a message back saying “no thanks “ to every message but let’s be honest with the amount of fantasists, liars and fake profiles it’s not going to happen. This debate can forever go back and fourth but until there is only genuine swingers/unicorns/bulls on here it’s never going to be easy. This site is a

Social site for those you enjoy the non monogamous lifestyle in swinging. Making friends and talking about your experiences is as important as making the experiences as well.

the site is no where near perfect but it will be a hat you make it. If you are getting no luck online, go to clubs/socials/pre drinks and meet people from here. You never know what may happen.

By *othardandfreeMan  over a year ago

.here and there

Absolutely disgusting "

Try Myspace you wont have that problem.

By *osephrimmerMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh Aberdeen and Dublin

I’m sure that’s true. It can get extremely wearing, I’m sure x

By *otwsMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I dislike everyone equally, both in person and online. "