FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Glasgow Hotels

Glasgow Hotels

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *cotCouple666 OP   Couple 47 weeks ago

Central Belt

So... I did a quick search of previous posts, but all of them just seemed to be looking for the usual recommendations of price, location, good for a birthday night away etc.

I'd like to know what hotels are best for a meet? I.E. not having to worry about sneaking past reception with a third person. Not that I'd ever consider the Easy Hotel for a meet, but they do have a rule of no extra guests in their rooms and not sure if others have the same.

Beth x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etItSwing1991Man 47 weeks ago

Glasgow

Village hotel has staircase and lift both before reception so easy to just walk in and head upto room that you need to go to.

By *pl 4 funCouple 47 weeks ago

Glasgow

Most hotels are no problem at all. Reception barely look and if your still worried make sure that you have 2 keys and both parties have a key each if they ask ( which would be very rare)

Central Belt

Thanks. Just a bit wary after reception at a Travelodge was weird and difficult with me for just going to use the bathroom in a friend's room

By *ub-seekerMan 47 weeks ago

Glasgow

Travelodge and Premier Inn tend to need card access to get past reception, so you’d need to meet your guest(s) and take them to your room

Most other hotels won’t care and have seen it all before anyway

By *stwoCouple 47 weeks ago

anywhere

Central hotel Glasgow.Bar in 1st floor.

Central Belt

"Central hotel Glasgow.Bar in 1st floor."

Is that the Voco Grand Central?

By *alcon43Woman 47 weeks ago

Paisley

Most are fine. Some need card entry for the lift but if you’re going up together then there’s no issue.

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple 47 weeks ago

Glasgow

We have had meets in the Grosvener (west end) Radisson Red (SECC) and the Mercure (Ingram street) and had no issues in any of them. Nobody paid any attention

By *ife NinjaMan 47 weeks ago

Dunfermline

Currently in Hilton Garden by the Hydro. No worries on access

By *avie65Man 47 weeks ago

In the west.

The Leonardo, it used to be Jury's, didn't have any access problems the last time I was there.

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

Recco

Village

Premier suites

Hilton garden inn

Motel one

Radison red or blue

Leonardos /Jurys inn

Dakota

Blythswood

Hilton doubletree you need a card just tinge tin the floor doors but it’s easy to meet there than all way downstairs

Had issues:

Premier inn

Got challenged by desk at mercure , Brunswick and Malmaison at least once

In recent times I've met in Citizen M, The Village (across river from SECC) and Jury's on Jamaica St.

All have keyless access to lifts so it's not an issue.

However, having worked in hotels, I can tell you the staff know EXACTLY what you are up to. We used to have a running joke about the guys coming in looking just like 16 year olds buying condoms at the chemist.

Central Belt

"However, having worked in hotels, I can tell you the staff know EXACTLY what you are up to. We used to have a running joke about the guys coming in looking just like 16 year olds buying condoms at the chemist. "

Haha! Yeah I suppose

Anyone been to Leonardos Inn West End? Imagine it would be the same set up as the City Centre Jamaica Street, but half the price, so looking favourite.

[Removed by poster at 02/06/23 13:06:41]

It’s nothing like the one in town, a lot more run Down. Also quite a trek out to it and nothing bar a hospital near it breaks

Think the “Leonardo” hotel model is to a aquire existing hotels so there isn’t consistency the west end one might have been a travelodge or not even that standard tbh

Central Belt

"It’s nothing like the one in town, a lot more run Down. Also quite a trek out to it and nothing bar a hospital near it breaks

Think the “Leonardo” hotel model is to a aquire existing hotels so there isn’t consistency the west end one might have been a travelodge or not even that standard tbh

"

Thank you Explains the price.

Central Belt

Got something sorted. Thanks for your help everyone x

By *estless nativeMan 47 weeks ago

near Glasgow

"It’s nothing like the one in town, a lot more run Down. Also quite a trek out to it and nothing bar a hospital near it breaks

"

No it started out as a stakis hotel, been with Jury's for years before the parent company chose to move both Glasgow hotels under their Leonardo brand

The city centre one has only very recently changed, they defo didn’t move at same time. ,

City one is much nicer and rooms are being redocrated again, don’t think west end one has seen paint in ten years

"However, having worked in hotels, I can tell you the staff know EXACTLY what you are up to. We used to have a running joke about the guys coming in looking just like 16 year olds buying condoms at the chemist.

Haha! Yeah I suppose

Anyone been to Leonardos Inn West End? Imagine it would be the same set up as the City Centre Jamaica Street, but half the price, so looking favourite. "

Stayed in a few yrs ago was comfortable had no issues

» Add a new message to this topic