FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Christmas Traditions.

Christmas Traditions.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My family always had traditions on Christmas day...grandparents were always invited, xmas stockings were opened after breakie, pressies under the treee were opened after lunch and we always used to sit in a circle and go round the circle one person opening a pressie at a time lol...grandad could never wait bless him, oh and granddad always started talking bout the amily history, hence why i started researching it 20 yrs ago lol...and always had to listen to the queens speech...

will miss the traditions this yr as staying up here on my own lol

so what about you peeps, any traditions over Christmas that you remember or still do now?

Sam xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

dont have any anymore

christmas this year will be with my youngest on xmas eve/morn then xmas dinner with my 13yo daughter.

We were allowed to open the living room door a tiny bit to see the shapes in the dark to see if he'd been. Then we compared what we'd seen and tried to guess what was there while my parents got dressed.

Still do that with my kids and the added antipation also adds to the excitement.

Love Christmas - turns me back into a big kid!!

Now I just need to start a new tradition of Christmas morning sex then I'll be well happy

new jammies housecoat etc christmas eve vodka for santa biscuit for rudolph!!

christmas mornin present free for all get dived in!! then at least 1pun o chocolate before fry up !!

The biggest kid in my house goes around waking up all the other kids yup I have to wake my kids they dont seem to understand that its the one day of the year they wont be sent back to bed!!

Then we open all the prezzies and the kids eat as much chocolate as they can before feeling sick for the rest of the day, while refusing to eat anything else.

Shona

x x x

Socks!!!!! Always bloody socks in my Christmas stocking....and we always watched Queen's speech........Traditions live on....now my son gets the socks....he moved 500 miles but I just post 'em and as for the QWueen's speech....still a Christmas show stopper

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

oh n always went to church midnite xmas eve n always had an orange n 50p in our xmas stocking.....still got my xmas stocking xx

My dad ran an extenstion from the tree to a socket beside his bed and told us santa switches the lights on so we know when hes been. opened stocking on my parents bed while they had a cuppa tea thanks to a teas maid. then downstairs to open all the pressies . grand parents would coume round with more and then a huuuuuge feed. Working on standby this year as well as new year so staying sober and quiet will go to my brothers for dinner though

Our build up always started on Christmas eve...We would all go to the cinema to see latest kiddie/Christmas movie, then off for a nice family meal somewhere nice n special, then a drive round the towns christmas lights followed by Midnight Mass (when it WAS midnight! lol!)

Home, and bed right away as Santa was coming soon.....After all that they were knackered anyway..so quickly off to sleep! (method in all that earlier madness! ) so hopefully they would sleep longer in morning?...nope!

Xmas morning just us two and kids opening pressies, playing with them and eating chocolate....then afternoon, prepare dinner and have all family round about 5ish for family gathering and dinner. We could have as many as 16 or so for dinner...eating in sittings lol!BUT everyone enjoyed....great times!

Sadly numbers decreasing over the years, and kids growing up, and not as interested in all palava now.....BUT great memories.

» Add a new message to this topic