FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Right or Wrong???

Right or Wrong???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Recently ive been a little ill due to diabetes. And with this i am broke. Today i went to tesco (other stores are available) to get fuel and some groceries. I had £30 to spend. Went into petrol station and when walking back to car noticed part of a bumper hanging off a car. I let the lady know and offered to re-attach there and then and she accepted. I scratched my hand while fixing it but for some reason it bled like a tap, plus i got quite dirty. So then i go for groceries and at the checkout im asked for a clubcard. As i dont have one i offered the points to a lady next to me in the queue and she gratefully accepted. My groceries came to £14.92 so i gave the tesco lady £20.02. She gave me back £15.10. I thought for about a tenth of a second "Hmm, £10 of free groceries when i'm absolutely broke!" But had to tell the lady her mistake that it should be £5.10, you have given me £10 too much. She disagreed and i had to explain to her in detail how she had given me £10 too much. She eventually noticed this with the customer next to me agreeing and everything was sorted with me walking away with £5.10 change rather than £15.10.

On way back to car i thought, "I'm an absolute f**king idiot. I dont know where my next jar of milk or loaf of bread is coming from and i've just turned away the chance of having an extra £10 available to me which could go a long way. Since then ive been thinking, no, i done the right thing. That lady could have got into trouble for her mistake when tills checked, but i'm absolutely broke so could badly do with that extra £10.

I dont know whether with my three good deeds in space of 30 minutes did i do the right thing by opening my big mouth or the wrong thing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What a good samaritan you are, nowadays people can't count, and are so used to the till telling them the change to give and you comletely throw them if you give them the odds, and yes she would have got in trouble for the till being under! But a tenner in your pocket would have been good never the less!!!

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

KARMA!! Matey,

You done the right thing, and don't beat yourself up about it. I'm sure something good will come your way in return, as you done all those good things on a spur of the moment.....NOT thinking,"what will I get if I do this?"

That's the best kind of Karma, and the one that is rewarded in the best kind of ways!

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

[Removed by poster at 31/01/13 16:16:07]

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Like they say, karma - good things come to those who do good deeds so I think you've got something good coming your way. I always try to stop and help if people are stranded by the road because I figure if I can keep them safe then I've done something good

» Add a new message to this topic