FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Haemochromatisis

Haemochromatisis

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hort Stop 1969 OP   Woman 44 weeks ago

Somewhere in East Lothian

Hey all

I've recently been diagnosed with genetic Haemochromatisis. Add peri-menopause into the mix and it ain't much fun I can tell ya! Haemochromatisis for me is causing sore joints whether resting or on exertion (similar to peri-menopause) chronic fatigue and lethargy. I could sleep for 12 hours and still be tired! I'm usually quite an active person but this condition is limiting my physicalities and affecting my energy levels

For those who aren't aware, haemochromatisis is a condition where the body stores iron levels to a higher than normal level and there's no natural way the body disperses it. It affects both men and women. I'm due to start venesection end of August and fingers crossed over time, this will help bring levels down and bring relief.

If you've read this far, well done!

If you're a fellow sufferer, what do you do that helps alleviate your symptoms?

H x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hort Stop 1969 OP   Woman 44 weeks ago

Somewhere in East Lothian

Haemochromatosis that should read in the text body!

By (user no longer on site) 44 weeks ago

"Hey all

I've recently been diagnosed with genetic Haemochromatisis. Add peri-menopause into the mix and it ain't much fun I can tell ya! Haemochromatisis for me is causing sore joints whether resting or on exertion (similar to peri-menopause) chronic fatigue and lethargy. I could sleep for 12 hours and still be tired! I'm usually quite an active person but this condition is limiting my physicalities and affecting my energy levels

For those who aren't aware, haemochromatisis is a condition where the body stores iron levels to a higher than normal level and there's no natural way the body disperses it. It affects both men and women. I'm due to start venesection end of August and fingers crossed over time, this will help bring levels down and bring relief.

If you've read this far, well done!

If you're a fellow sufferer, what do you do that helps alleviate your symptoms?

H x

"

Hey, sorry to hear that your suffering with this , hopefully your venesection works for you and brings your iron levels down and hopefully eases the pain .

By *evils PuddingCouple 44 weeks ago

Paisley

The treatment should help a lot. I know a few people with this.

Pablo

By *avie65Man 44 weeks ago

In the west.

Hey. I hope your treatment works and it works quickly.

By *eg2509Woman 44 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

I too have genetic Haemochromatosis. I have a double faulty gene C282Y . I’m

In maintenance with ferritin of 30. I can now donate blood. I still suffer with bouts of severe fatigue and feel like I have a hot poker being pushed through the middle of my leg bones. My joints are often agony. Plus side, my hair is growing back and I’m a normal colour again.

I too am in perimenopause and have been put on oestrogel and progesterone tablets. It’s been such a relief to be on this treatment as no other tablets or patches worked for me.

I hope things improve for you but please don’t expect a miracle re the fatigue and pain. This condition is a bloody rollercoaster. It might help you to join haemochromatosis Scotland

On FB , great group with great advice given Xx

» Add a new message to this topic