FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > The Art of Self-Worth and Perception

The Art of Self-Worth and Perception

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aturist Masseur OP   Man 37 weeks ago

wonderland

Have you ever noticed how the way we perceive others says a lot about us? It's like looking at a piece of art – some might find it breathtakingly beautiful, while others might see it differently. Our preferences often unveil the unique tapestry of our personalities, rather than reflecting on the subjects of our opinions.

Just as two people can gaze at the same painting and see completely different stories, when someone expresses their thoughts about us, it's like they're sharing a glimpse of their own inner world. We sometimes build our self-image based on external perspectives, feeling elated by compliments and disheartened by criticisms. It's a terrain of conflicting thoughts within us.

But here's the thing: You are the masterpiece of your own creation. Your worth isn't determined by the passing comments of others. Just like the art that speaks to your soul, you possess an inherent beauty that goes beyond the canvas of other people's opinions.

So, the next time someone praises or critiques you, remember that it's a reflection of their unique perspective and experiences. Your true value radiates from within, like the light that emanates from the heart of a truly magnificent piece of art. Keep being authentically you, and let your brilliance shine!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

Not to distract from your well worded analogy but would i be right in saying some people have a positive outlook while others have a negative one and that your own positivity will attract others of the same mindset and these are the people whom you should surround yourself with

wonderland

Absolutely, You've hit the nail on the head. Your insight is spot on – a positive outlook often acts like a magnet, drawing in those who resonate with the same mindset. Surrounding ourselves with people who share our positivity can indeed foster a supportive and uplifting environment.

However, it's equally important to extend our understanding and kindness to those who might not be in the same positive headspace. Everyone's journey is unique, and some might be going through challenges we can't immediately see.

Completly agree with that, would much rather lift someone up than bury them deeper in the hole they are in. Humanity has to learn that the power of love will always be a greater force than the love of power

By *ellinever70Woman 37 weeks ago

Ayrshire

So if I perceive someone in a less than positive way, that's on me?

"So if I perceive someone in a less than positive way, that's on me?"
I ve got enough fridge magnets

Depends if they are an utter cunt or not lol. Still gonna be utter asshats in the world, up to someone else to save them if you ask me

"So if I perceive someone in a less than positive way, that's on me?"
But i think what the Prof was getting at is why do you percieve them in a negative way ? Their negativity is usually down to their own personal struggles. Which we can either make it worse for them projecting our own negativity on them or help them by being positive. Obviously this is a broad stroke of how to deal with things, life is more complicated but its a start getting far too philisophical for a Thursday night lol

wonderland

"So if I perceive someone in a less than positive way, that's on me? But i think what the Prof was getting at is why do you percieve them in a negative way ? Their negativity is usually down to their own personal struggles. Which we can either make it worse for them projecting our own negativity on them or help them by being positive. Obviously this is a broad stroke of how to deal with things, life is more complicated but its a start getting far too philisophical for a Thursday night lol"

Thank you Snx13 very much it is like that.

What we perceive as negative is often subjective, varying from person to person. In a way, negativity isn't an independent force; it's more like the absence of positivity. It's like asking someone to bring darkness to a room – the absence of light achieves that, but the actual action is to restrict the light. Similarly, instead of trying to bring in "negativity," we can actively bring in positivity to illuminate situations and outlooks. It's a beautiful reminder that our perspective holds the key to transforming what we see. XX

By *ellinever70Woman 37 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"So if I perceive someone in a less than positive way, that's on me? But i think what the Prof was getting at is why do you percieve them in a negative way ?"

Well if we're relating it to on here, my perception can only be based on how they present themselves

wonderland

"So if I perceive someone in a less than positive way, that's on me?I ve got enough fridge magnets"

Hahaha! Then there is way to deal with things. It reminds me of the four ways of behaviours: connecting with happy people, showing kindness to those going through tough times, rejoicing in others' successes, and standing against negativity.

It’s getting more and more philosophical

wonderland

"So if I perceive someone in a less than positive way, that's on me? But i think what the Prof was getting at is why do you percieve them in a negative way ?

Well if we're relating it to on here, my perception can only be based on how they present themselves "

In contexts like this, our perception is often guided by the way people choose to present themselves. It's like reading a book by its cover – the initial impression sets the tone. Yet, it's important to remember that just like a book, there's so much more to someone beyond what's immediately visible. It's the chapters beneath the cover that truly reveal the depth of a person. Your observation captures the essence of how we navigate these interactions

Also Isn't it fascinating how the same thing can set one person's heart on fire and leave another completely cold?

"So if I perceive someone in a less than positive way, that's on me? But i think what the Prof was getting at is why do you percieve them in a negative way ?

Well if we're relating it to on here, my perception can only be based on how they present themselves "

As i said, people are gonna be cunts, they are just trying to drag you into the hole they are in rather than reach out for help

By *ewcpl80Couple 37 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Quote time:

A different version of you exists in the mind of everyone who has ever met you and it's very different than what you think about yourself.

The person you think you are... does not even exist outside your own mind.

By *olly AngelWoman 37 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Have you ever noticed how the way we perceive others says a lot about us? It's like looking at a piece of art – some might find it breathtakingly beautiful, while others might see it differently. Our preferences often unveil the unique tapestry of our personalities, rather than reflecting on the subjects of our opinions.

Just as two people can gaze at the same painting and see completely different stories, when someone expresses their thoughts about us, it's like they're sharing a glimpse of their own inner world. We sometimes build our self-image based on external perspectives, feeling elated by compliments and disheartened by criticisms. It's a terrain of conflicting thoughts within us.

But here's the thing: You are the masterpiece of your own creation. Your worth isn't determined by the passing comments of others. Just like the art that speaks to your soul, you possess an inherent beauty that goes beyond the canvas of other people's opinions.

So, the next time someone praises or critiques you, remember that it's a reflection of their unique perspective and experiences. Your true value radiates from within, like the light that emanates from the heart of a truly magnificent piece of art. Keep being authentically you, and let your brilliance shine! "

I like your thinking

wonderland

"Have you ever noticed how the way we perceive others says a lot about us? It's like looking at a piece of art – some might find it breathtakingly beautiful, while others might see it differently. Our preferences often unveil the unique tapestry of our personalities, rather than reflecting on the subjects of our opinions.

So, the next time someone praises or critiques you, remember that it's a reflection of their unique perspective and experiences. Your true value radiates from within, like the light that emanates from the heart of a truly magnificent piece of art. Keep being authentically you, and let your brilliance shine!

I like your thinking "

It’s reflection of your unique perspective

By *ingDick68Man 37 weeks ago

Inverness

Positive and negative can only exist in human perception. For different people will be different aspects what is positive or negative depending on the information and experiences they received through the life and how did they dealt with them, how they were conditioned through family and cultural beliefs. Positive and negative is just the states that we're in at the time depending on situations, but they're both needed for consciousness development. But to the core they're one and the same thing taking on dual aspect once it comes to human perception

Inverness

Just for a discussion. Ego is just another reflection of dual thinking. Building an image in your head of something that you call ego without realising. Something that you think that you shouldn't be and a real you who's free from everything. But there's only you and what are you looking you already have it

By *ola cubesMan 37 weeks ago

coatbridge

My head hurts I'm in the keep it simple bracket you do you I will be me and won't give a shit on what anyone thinks of me

Inverness

Not everyone is capable of that, but that's the best way to be till comes the time where you have to get involved into certain situation. Feeling that I'm a bit too deep going to certain aspects, but I like sharing knowledge and observing human psychology, so these topics quite excites me. Hopefully will find someone who's interested in discussing these topics

By *aturist Masseur OP   Man 36 weeks ago

wonderland

"Just for a discussion. Ego is just another reflection of dual thinking. Building an image in your head of something that you call ego without realising. Something that you think that you shouldn't be and a real you who's free from everything. But there's only you and what are you looking you already have it"

Absolutely, we are affected by the society and its rule. What is considered right or a good behaviour very much subjective. Our conditioning in society creates this dual thinking. In reality there is nothing right or wrong, good or bad

Thanks for sharing your thoughts x

By *ofnungslosMan 36 weeks ago

town

OP, are you some sort of articulate self worth guru?

That is a good bit of writing fella. Have a brilliant Sunday

wonderland

"OP, are you some sort of articulate self worth guru?

That is a good bit of writing fella. Have a brilliant Sunday "

Thank you so much for your kind words! While I may not be a guru, I'm here to share insights and engage in meaningful conversations. I'm delighted that you found the writing resonant. Wishing you a fantastic Sunday as well! If you ever have more thoughts to share, feel free to continue the conversation.

By *pendoor69Woman 36 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Quote time:

A different version of you exists in the mind of everyone who has ever met you and it's very different than what you think about yourself.

"

I like this, we all perceive life and each other through our own “lens”. That colours what we think of ourselves and others, so what IS the truth? There is my truth, your truth and THE truth but getting close to the latter??? If I had to choose one thing that I felt was the most important thing I’d say communication… but that would of course be from all. You have two ears and one mouth for a reason. You should listen twice as much as you speak

wonderland

"Quote time:

I like this, we all perceive life and each other through our own “lens”. That colours what we think of ourselves and others, so what IS the truth? There is my truth, your truth and THE truth but getting close to the latter??? If I had to choose one thing that I felt was the most important thing I’d say communication… but that would of course be from all. You have two ears and one mouth for a reason. You should listen twice as much as you speak "

Absolutely, you've nailed it with your thoughts on perception, truth, and communication.

it’s interesting because in tantra, it talks about masculine and feminine energies. Well, it's not just about physical stuff. It's like, in conversations, too, these energies show up. When we listen and accept, we're tuning into the feminine vibe – being receptive. And when we talk, we're tapping into the masculine – giving our thoughts and ideas.

So, in this journey of understanding, your thoughts blend right in. It's like a dance, where our unique energies and perspectives twirl together. And just like in tantra, finding that balance leads to better connections and deeper understanding.

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

"Quote time:

I like this, we all perceive life and each other through our own “lens”. That colours what we think of ourselves and others, so what IS the truth? There is my truth, your truth and THE truth but getting close to the latter??? If I had to choose one thing that I felt was the most important thing I’d say communication… but that would of course be from all. You have two ears and one mouth for a reason. You should listen twice as much as you speak

Absolutely, you've nailed it with your thoughts on perception, truth, and communication.

it’s interesting because in tantra, it talks about masculine and feminine energies. Well, it's not just about physical stuff. It's like, in conversations, too, these energies show up. When we listen and accept, we're tuning into the feminine vibe – being receptive. And when we talk, we're tapping into the masculine – giving our thoughts and ideas.

So, in this journey of understanding, your thoughts blend right in. It's like a dance, where our unique energies and perspectives twirl together. And just like in tantra, finding that balance leads to better connections and deeper understanding. "

nobody else going to use the W wird

[Removed by poster at 29/08/23 20:00:46]

"[Removed by poster at 29/08/23 20:00:46]"
wally best approximation

» Add a new message to this topic