FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > House of Gods edinburgh

House of Gods edinburgh

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *odgers and Parting OP   Couple 31 weeks ago

edinburgh

Anyone stayed, and do you think it was worth the price tag?

Love the look of it but disappointed it’s in a new building and not period.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ub-seekerMan 31 weeks ago

Glasgow

I’ve stayed. The standard rooms are tiny. The cabins even smaller. The bar area is small as well.

Their prices are way more expensive now than they were a year ago (like most things). It’s all very gothic and instagram-friendly, the room I was in had no external view so being in a new building wasn’t an issue.

Plus sides - unlimited Prosecco delivered to your door. The Civerinos pizza was huge and the breakfast bagels were lovely.

Would I pay the money now? Probably not, because I’ve already been

edinburgh

"I’ve stayed. The standard rooms are tiny. The cabins even smaller. The bar area is small as well.

Their prices are way more expensive now than they were a year ago (like most things). It’s all very gothic and instagram-friendly, the room I was in had no external view so being in a new building wasn’t an issue.

Plus sides - unlimited Prosecco delivered to your door. The Civerinos pizza was huge and the breakfast bagels were lovely.

Would I pay the money now? Probably not, because I’ve already been"

Thanks, so no natural light at all?

By *ittleRed18Woman 31 weeks ago

Aberdeen

I would love to stay! I've heard they have a cookies and milk button!

By *ink-KameraMan 31 weeks ago

Livingston

I was asked to do a photoshoot there but as mentioned above the rooms are tiny so there was no room for the model me and lights.

By *alcon43Woman 31 weeks ago

Paisley

There’s one opening up in Glasgow.

By *arrach67Man 31 weeks ago

Stirlingshire

I’ve been , the first things that will hit you are the lack of light and smoky smell. The next thing will be the tears rolling down your cheeks if you buy a drink from the bar whilst waiting to check in. This bar area is very small and dark so it does have a good atmosphere at night if full, it’s not hard to fill it though. A claustrophobic corridor then leads you to your claustrophobic room if it’s the same one I had. No windows so natural light. All in all for what I paid I found it a shocking waste of money.

By *unkydunkyCouple 31 weeks ago

Glasgow

We stayed for a weekend post Covid and although I agree with some of the comments above we generally enjoyed our stay.

Is it overpriced? Yeah probably but most hotels in Edinburgh are and this is definitely a quirky option

F xx

By *hosewhomgonakedCouple 31 weeks ago

Scotland

Wondering how it would compare to the prestonfield or Malmaison in Aberdeen who have similar looks.

For photoshoots the suites in Aberdeen Malmaison are great.

By *om and JennieCouple 31 weeks ago

Chams or Socials

I had a look after reading this. We’ll stick to Spoons at Corstorphine

J x

edinburgh

"I had a look after reading this. We’ll stick to Spoons at Corstorphine

J x"

By *arrach67Man 31 weeks ago

Stirlingshire

"Wondering how it would compare to the prestonfield or Malmaison in Aberdeen who have similar looks.

For photoshoots the suites in Aberdeen Malmaison are great. "

Been in the Malmaison which is much better in my opinion .. I’ve not been in the prestonfield so I can’t compare .. it was a double room I had at house of gods .. if you were then thinking of a photographer in the room with a couple then good luck with that .. it’d certainly be intimate .. photography wise tho I’d say you would get dramatic pictures .. it’s eerily erotic

By *evilmademedoitMan 31 weeks ago

Glasgow

My wife and I went for a night away just as Covid restrictions were lifted, yeah it’s pricey, but we had a great night, we did the whole rock star upgrade thing with unlimited Prosecco and cocktails brought to your room. For the extra few quid The Witchery is a better experience if you want a boutique hotel night.

By *ub-seekerMan 31 weeks ago

Glasgow

Having just received the VIP email for the Glasgow opening, I can confirm the prices are still mental

By *razytimesinloveCouple 31 weeks ago

SW Scotland

We’ve stayed about three times now/had different packages. Well worth the money in our opinion.

We’re looking to visit the Glasgow one in the new year

Scotland

"Wondering how it would compare to the prestonfield or Malmaison in Aberdeen who have similar looks.

Been in the Malmaison which is much better in my opinion .. I’ve not been in the prestonfield so I can’t compare .. it was a double room I had at house of gods .. if you were then thinking of a photographer in the room with a couple then good luck with that .. it’d certainly be intimate .. photography wise tho I’d say you would get dramatic pictures .. it’s eerily erotic

"

Thanks for this. For the price you can get a large suite in the Malmaison though. And they have double showers which are great!

The basic rooms in prestonfield are tiny but very nice decor

Scotland

"My wife and I went for a night away just as Covid restrictions were lifted, yeah it’s pricey, but we had a great night, we did the whole rock star upgrade thing with unlimited Prosecco and cocktails brought to your room. For the extra few quid The Witchery is a better experience if you want a boutique hotel night. "

Was wondering about the witchery, never been there

By *om and JennieCouple 31 weeks ago

Chams or Socials

"My wife and I went for a night away just as Covid restrictions were lifted, yeah it’s pricey, but we had a great night, we did the whole rock star upgrade thing with unlimited Prosecco and cocktails brought to your room. For the extra few quid The Witchery is a better experience if you want a boutique hotel night.

Was wondering about the witchery, never been there"

My friend spent 3 nights there for her honeymoon & still raves about it now

J x

edinburgh

"My wife and I went for a night away just as Covid restrictions were lifted, yeah it’s pricey, but we had a great night, we did the whole rock star upgrade thing with unlimited Prosecco and cocktails brought to your room. For the extra few quid The Witchery is a better experience if you want a boutique hotel night.

Was wondering about the witchery, never been there"

We stayed there years ago and it was nice but we thought it was expensive then (about same as HoGs now) it’s now a grand a night!!

edinburgh

Thanks for this. For the price you can get a large suite in the Malmaison though. And they have double showers which are great!

The basic rooms in prestonfield are tiny but very nice decor"

Same folks that have Prestonfield have the Witchery I believe. Will look at Malmaison thanks.

Scotland

The basic rooms in prestonfield are tiny but very nice decor

Same folks that have Prestonfield have the Witchery I believe. Will look at Malmaison thanks. "

O really, didn't know that.

Malmaison getting a bit dated but the suites are still very big and great features. Definitely worth a visit . The bathtubs are ace for photos as well

By *lasgowmale35Man 30 weeks ago

glasgow

Le Monde Edinburgh is a lovely boutique hotel, all city themed rooms & suites, some with jucuzzi or double bath with tvs and tvs in some showers, suites are massive and nightclub with VIP guest access also.

» Add a new message to this topic