FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Only in Scotland

Only in Scotland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *autious Couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

home

Just sat in a Chinese and heard bigot crap for the last hour had to move seats before my wife had to drag me away before I got involved why does this has to happen in Scotland its only football ....I give up

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Scotlands cancer.....i'm sticking to golf

By *autious Couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

home

I sat listing to a game of football today and even in was shocked what I heard

south east

The knuckle draggers will never change

By *ANDVCouple  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

You will find these people are not real football supporters but the cancer that attaches itself the football world....

south east

"You will find these people are not real football supporters but the cancer that attaches itself the football world...."

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

unfortunatly a minority fail to realse its only a game

By *tormountCouple  over a year ago

Raintown

"I sat listing to a game of football today and even in was shocked what I heard "

What did you hear that was so shocking?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I sat listing to a game of football today and even in was shocked what I heard

What did you hear that was so shocking? "

Naw dont answer as will just end up turning into a slagging match from both sides

By *risky4somesCouple  over a year ago

Near glasgow

Well said but I'm just a girl who'd rather watch CSI than football lol

I think ill keep my comments to myself

I wish it was true and the majority of knuckleheads have never actually seen inside a football ground.

Just inbred bigots. But unfortunately that isn't always the case and there is bigotry I'm the game

May I take this moment to add though it isn't just Glasgow I have heard it all over Scotland although it appears worse in the in this direction

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

Must admit being English and living in Scotland I just don't get the Rangers and Celtic thing even after 25 yrs up here. It just seems to get perpetuated through generations.

Thats why i go watch rugby friendly banter plus you can have a pint while watching it

By *har1505Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Must admit being English and living in Scotland I just don't get the Rangers and Celtic thing even after 25 yrs up here. It just seems to get perpetuated through generations. "

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Must admit being English and living in Scotland I just don't get the Rangers and Celtic thing even after 25 yrs up here. It just seems to get perpetuated through generations. "
to be fair the violence is much worse when attached with the english clubs yes its very bigoted here (not just the glasgow crowd) but the level of violence is no where near the english main clubs levels

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Falkirk

"Thats why i go watch rugby friendly banter plus you can have a pint while watching it "

I'd much rather be at the rugby too!!!!

"Thats why i go watch rugby friendly banter plus you can have a pint while watching it

I'd much rather be at the rugby too!!!! "

Me to

Violence is worse in England.

I doubt Strathclyde Police would agree.

Everytime the Old Firm meet there is violence not only in or around the Stadium but on our streets and in our homes well after the dust has settled on the game.

How many "mixed" marriages result in domestic violence after an Old Firm match.

What happened centuries ago in Ireland has no place in modern culture especially inside a football stadium.

The good thing this season with them both I different Leagues is there has been no derby game this season. Yes it has hurt the Scottish game financially but the level of sectarian violence has dropped because of it.

I would hate to see a return to the 70's when I was a lad starting out on a football career, when fans spilled on to the park and violence was a part of Glasgow life.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Violence is worse in England.

I doubt Strathclyde Police would agree.

Everytime the Old Firm meet there is violence not only in or around the Stadium but on our streets and in our homes well after the dust has settled on the game.

How many "mixed" marriages result in domestic violence after an Old Firm match.

What happened centuries ago in Ireland has no place in modern culture especially inside a football stadium.

The good thing this season with them both I different Leagues is there has been no derby game this season. Yes it has hurt the Scottish game financially but the level of sectarian violence has dropped because of it.

I would hate to see a return to the 70's when I was a lad starting out on a football career, when fans spilled on to the park and violence was a part of Glasgow life. "

sorry didnt say there wasnt violence my point is the level of violence is much more having a family member trained in riot policing i know this as english police aint drafted for celtic rangers games but they are drafted down south when the big clubs are matched together this isnt to slate english folk or football its just a proven fact that violence levels south with football are way higher than here the sectarian problem is a huge one but thankfully the violence levels aint quite so bad

I didnt think it was about football, isnt it the hatred between prodistants and catholics? Do football supporters really go to church??

"I didnt think it was about football, isnt it the hatred between prodistants and catholics? Do football supporters really go to church??"

Some do, I know a few.

What's kicked it all off this time? Can't be an old firm thing again surely?

It was kicked off by mindless morons singing sectarian songs at Berwick on Saturday I think.

Yes believe it or not football supporters do go to church. I personally know a well respected business manager and leading elder in his church who at the weekend swaps his Armani suit for a track suit, wields a blade and becomes a football thug.i

Now he is not the usual don't go to the game, know nothing about football sectarian bigot. He is an organised football casual who travels all over Europe just for the hell of it starting battles with casuals from other Cities.

But to return to the bigots. A small minority managed to gain entry to Berwick at the weekend and embarrassed an already beleaguered team. What made it worse was it went out live on ESPN and the commentators had to apologise to the nation. A spokesperson from Rangers FC also came out with the Police and asked for calm.

As if there is not enough in the world with bigoted zealots why do we need them here at a football ground or in our streets/ homes etc.

As a family that do go to football...and Church...

Until the mindless bigots stop teaching their kids to do/Say what they and their bigoted fathers before them said/did it will never stop.

1 of my best friends wouldnt go to my childs 1st communion Because it ment going into a Chapel...why....Because well thats just the way my dad brought us up not to?WTF

And guess WHO will bring her kids up the same way...see the pattern??

Auds x

Ps...thats on BOTH sides.

By *dinsexMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

AAVE JUST FARTED

The problem in Scotland is separate schools etc kids play together on the streets

south east

"The problem in Scotland is separate schools etc kids play together on the streets"

Sorry but cant agree with that at all ...tho it doesnt help its not the reason ..you dont see anywhere near the same level of bigotry in england and they have seperate schools ...infact you dont see much of it anywhere apart from central scotland .....is it coincidence that theres a strong irish (north and south) connection in central scotland

By *ictiiWitchCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

If there was an activity that caused crime to rise, cost millions at least to control and police, and has cost countless people their lives simply for recreation. It would have been banned. It's only because it is football that they don't. In February alone 7 people were issued with FBO's two of them for chanting sectarian songs.

A game that actively helps promote hate and violence is not ok in my book, yet we teach it to our kids in school. More funding goes to football than to art and literature (which considering 26.7% of our adults in scotland are classed as below competent literacy and numeracy with one person in 28 having severe difficulty seems ludicrous to me) Spend some more money on rugby instead, do you see huge negative headlines every time there is a rugby match? not really, and then maybe our team will have a chance

It's all very sad

I know that we are very nervous to get on the train after ANY football even in glasgow. Alcohol plays a huge part in it. Even if the rivalry doesn't get to violence, there is still aggression which makes everyone on edge as you don't know when it will kick off.

I believe that nobody should be afraid to leave their house, on match days it isn't an option though. Tell those who have suffered because of "fans" that it's "only a game".

I don't think they will believe you.

By *lassic1Man  over a year ago

bellshill

"The problem in Scotland is separate schools etc kids play together on the streets"

I was brought up in an area of Scotland where ALL schools were non denominational and bigotry was unheard of. Its only on moving to Lanarkshire that I experienced such a culture. There is no harm in having Irish roots ..in fact it is to be encouraged but to go back several generations and all of a sudden have an Irish accent on Paddy's day is somewhat strange.

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

This is the reason why I can't stand football.

Check with any biker on here and the culture is exactly the opposite where we all get along great without worrying what name is on the tank.

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Agree with all previous comments.

Makes me embarrassed to be Glaswegian.

Truly sickening, and what's worse I see no sign or way of it ever changing.

Every time one of the ignorant bigots has an offspring they immediately start indoctronating the poor child in the ways of hatred.

Maybe if they were all neutered? !

Hate it myself. Especially hate orange walks. Got stuck in the centre of Glasgow a few years ago. Laughed watching it all these people dressed in rangers strips and pissed.

Ended up cranking up my music to cancel out all the crap. Wasn't popular with the police standing by. But if they are allowed to have their demonstration in crap then me blasting my car radio with Metallica is my right too.

Time for these ignorant idiots to get a life and stop living 200 years in the past.

Rant over

Ps I am not catholic so has nothing to do with religion. Just a hatred of ignorant, uneducated idiots

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 23/03/13 20:10:31]

Glasgow

"Hate it myself. Especially hate orange walks. Got stuck in the centre of Glasgow a few years ago. Laughed watching it all these people dressed in rangers strips and pissed.

Ended up cranking up my music to cancel out all the crap. Wasn't popular with the police standing by. But if they are allowed to have their demonstration in crap then me blasting my car radio with Metallica is my right too.

Time for these ignorant idiots to get a life and stop living 200 years in the past.

Rant over

Ps I am not catholic so has nothing to do with religion. Just a hatred of ignorant, uneducated idiots"

By *owboy BebopMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Just sat in a Chinese and heard bigot crap for the last hour had to move seats before my wife had to drag me away before I got involved why does this has to happen in Scotland its only football ....I give up "

Yes we do have a problem in the west of Scotland in particular ...all agree this is not good, but lets also admit that things have improved greatly since 70's and 80's. things are improving slowly but surely..... Loving all the comments from the rugby fans....about the football types.... (How is the view from the high ground) It's an education and social issue , not a football issue. Rant now over

"Just sat in a Chinese and heard bigot crap for the last hour had to move seats before my wife had to drag me away before I got involved why does this has to happen in Scotland its only football ....I give up "

The Old Firm = Scotland's shame. The 2 clubs build there support on bigotry then display mock horror that it goes on. Not only have they ruined Scottish football they have ruined Scottish society

By *owboy BebopMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Just sat in a Chinese and heard bigot crap for the last hour had to move seats before my wife had to drag me away before I got involved why does this has to happen in Scotland its only football ....I give up

The Old Firm = Scotland's shame. The 2 clubs build there support on bigotry then display mock horror that it goes on. Not only have they ruined Scottish football they have ruined Scottish society "

"Ruined Scottish society"....."Scotland's shame"....so it's all the old firms fans fault for the state of our society, nothing to do with social or educational issues ?

Speaking as an old firm fan , i have found the vast majority of old firm fans on both sides, to be decent people. I find regurgitated "daily mail type" newspaper statements shameful , and not the vast majority of decent football fans

bellshill

The football terraces are just a convienent outlet for the ignorant bile that has been festered in lower grade homes and schools (segregated) for many years.

Combine our schools now and it WILL cure the problem in the longer term.

Falkirk

I don't think you can really hold the old firm responsible for what happens with their minority of fans who enjoy continuing the bigotry as these people will continue to do so long into the future.

I really do believe it is the minority rather than the majority that are bigoted. And I agree that football fans are worse than rugby fans but that's how it's always been.

But this comes down to how we all raise our kids! Simple as that.

I like it when I hear people say my kids are well behaved and well mannered ( most of the time I hasten to add!!) but a lot of their friends don't even know how to say please or thank you. It is up to US to show OUR children how to behave its not up to teachers or anyone else to teach them. If we raise our kids to be polite and to respect other people then that has to be better than teaching them to hate someone just because of the football team they like or because of the church they attend.

Live and let live, say please and than you, be polite, make love not war and let's see if we can make it better

Sorry, rant over

Perhaps if Neil Lennon did not deliberately provoke then his fans wouldn't feel justified also. I am talking about him wearing the republican tri colour whilst at press conferences. What the fuck as the R.O.I got to do with a Scottish club. I'm not a fan of either club but at least you don't see ally wearing orange or the red hand.

Root it out the club first before expect the fans to follow

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 24/03/13 07:51:46]

Falkirk

"Perhaps if Neil Lennon did not deliberately provoke then his fans wouldn't feel justified also. I am talking about him wearing the republican tri colour whilst at press conferences. What the fuck as the R.O.I got to do with a Scottish club. I'm not a fan of either club but at least you don't see ally wearing orange or the red hand.

Root it out the club first before expect the fans to follow"

I think you are right, they do have a part to play and those at the top should set an example but is still only a minority of fans

bellshill

"Perhaps if Neil Lennon did not deliberately provoke then his fans wouldn't feel justified also. I am talking about him wearing the republican tri colour whilst at press conferences. What the fuck as the R.O.I got to do with a Scottish club. I'm not a fan of either club but at least you don't see ally wearing orange or the red hand.

It is a small minority of fans but why do the two clubs roll out the red carpet to them. The great John Ried took on the terrorism of the world but could not handle the green brigade.

And to think the two clubs have aplace in English football is nonsense as long as the sectartian bile is there. Why would England want to inject that into thier game.

I think you are right, they do have a part to play and those at the top should set an example but is still only a minority of fans "

Root it out the club first before expect the fans to follow"

If u open your eyes its a celtic tracksuit he wears .

Falkirk

If u open your eyes its a celtic tracksuit he wears ."

Right, but does that make it right? Should the club be thinking 'hang on a second, maybe we should be promoting harmony and not trying to inflame the situation' ? Should they be taking a bigger stand against the bigotry? And that goes for Rangers too - please don't think I'm picking on Celtic because I'm not

If u open your eyes its a celtic tracksuit he wears ."

Ok granted. But why is the republican colours even near their strip? Its a forgien country which has no place in Scotland so the inclusion is merely there to further cement a vague tie or allegiance which ultimately is a provocative act by the club.

The same could be argued fir rangers wearing red white and blue. The difference is they are a britsish club who okay in Britain so although no doubt a concious attire still acceptable (ICT wear red white blue with no allusion to bigotry)

We cannot expect the fans to change when the clubs themselves are designing their kits to further display an allegiance of any kind.

Right, but does that make it right? Should the club be thinking 'hang on a second, maybe we should be promoting harmony and not trying to inflame the situation' ? Should they be taking a bigger stand against the bigotry? And that goes for Rangers too - please don't think I'm picking on Celtic because I'm not "

Of course its rite hes the celtic manager wearing the club tracksuit just like any other manager does.

bellshill

Right, but does that make it right? Should the club be thinking 'hang on a second, maybe we should be promoting harmony and not trying to inflame the situation' ? Should they be taking a bigger stand against the bigotry? And that goes for Rangers too - please don't think I'm picking on Celtic because I'm not

Of course its rite hes the celtic manager wearing the club tracksuit just like any other manager does."

One thinks perhaps youre miss spelling of RITE might just be a Freudian slip reflecting the real RITUALS going on there.??

Ok granted. But why is the republican colours even near their strip? Its a forgien country which has no place in Scotland so the inclusion is merely there to further cement a vague tie or allegiance which ultimately is a provocative act by the club.

The same could be argued fir rangers wearing red white and blue. The difference is they are a britsish club who okay in Britain so although no doubt a concious attire still acceptable (ICT wear red white blue with no allusion to bigotry)

We cannot expect the fans to change when the clubs themselves are designing their kits to further display an allegiance of any kind."

A provocative act to display the irish tricolour ur having a laugh .

Falkirk

Of course its rite hes the celtic manager wearing the club tracksuit just like any other manager does."

That wasn't what I meant, sorry. Let me be clearer. Is it right that the clubs official attire should have symbols on it that could be used as an excuse for the minority of its fans to continue with their bigotry?

We cannot expect the fans to change when the clubs themselves are designing their kits to further display an allegiance of any kind.

A provocative act to display the irish tricolour ur having a laugh . "

I would say uts highly provoctative. what is the need other than to say 'we are loyal to the republican cause' ? As I can see no other reason why a Scottish club playing in Britain would want to wear a forgien flag. A bit like an Israeli club seeing Palestinian colours I think!

Of course its rite hes the celtic manager wearing the club tracksuit just like any other manager does.

One thinks perhaps youre miss spelling of RITE might just be a Freudian slip reflecting the real RITUALS going on there.??"

Oh the grammar polis il spell any word the way I like if u dont like dont comment

Falkirk

A provocative act to display the irish tricolour ur having a laugh . "

Why is it a laugh? The Irish Tricolour is a national flag of the Republic of Ireland. I'm fairly sure it's not the club flag of Glasgow Celtic Football Club. It can be seen as a symbol of hatred by certain factions including the minority of Rangers supporters who also like to chant racist chants and think that bigotry is perfectly acceptable. Like I said earlier, I think both Celtic and Rangers are equally to blame in this and that BOTH clubs should do what they can to try and lead their supporters away from bigotry. I'm sure there are things about the rangers kit that inflames the feelings of hatred amongst Celtic supporters to

Why is it a laugh? The Irish Tricolour is a national flag of the Republic of Ireland. I'm fairly sure it's not the club flag of Glasgow Celtic Football Club. It can be seen as a symbol of hatred by certain factions including the minority of Rangers supporters who also like to chant racist chants and think that bigotry is perfectly acceptable. Like I said earlier, I think both Celtic and Rangers are equally to blame in this and that BOTH clubs should do what they can to try and lead their supporters away from bigotry. I'm sure there are things about the rangers kit that inflames the feelings of hatred amongst Celtic supporters to "

If u read celtics history they were founded by irish to help fellow irish and scots who wer living in the slums of glasgow and that is why the tricolous is on sum merchandies and also flies at celtic park,oh and not once in any of my posts have I mentioned bigotry or rangers .

Why is it a laugh? The Irish Tricolour is a national flag of the Republic of Ireland. I'm fairly sure it's not the club flag of Glasgow Celtic Football Club. It can be seen as a symbol of hatred by certain factions including the minority of Rangers supporters who also like to chant racist chants and think that bigotry is perfectly acceptable. Like I said earlier, I think both Celtic and Rangers are equally to blame in this and that BOTH clubs should do what they can to try and lead their supporters away from bigotry. I'm sure there are things about the rangers kit that inflames the feelings of hatred amongst Celtic supporters to

If u read celtics history they were founded by irish to help fellow irish and scots who wer living in the slums of glasgow and that is why the tricolous is on sum merchandies and also flies at celtic park,oh and not once in any of my posts have I mentioned bigotry or rangers ."

History aside in the 21st century when the club are supposedly doing ALL they can to eliminate the problem di you not think it is itsy best unwise, ay worst inflamatory to include the colours in their merchandise? Is there really any need and all it does is further cement the allusion of being IN THAT CAMP.

Hypothetically - imagine an Israeli club at a press conference in tel Aviv. The manager addresses the crowd wearing club merchandice which just happens to have Palestinian colours on. The club may have been founded hundreds of years ago by Palestinians in Israel. What do YOU think the reaction would be?

Falkirk

If u read celtics history they were founded by irish to help fellow irish and scots who wer living in the slums of glasgow and that is why the tricolous is on sum merchandies and also flies at celtic park,oh and not once in any of my posts have I mentioned bigotry or rangers ."

No you haven't. However, the original thread was about bigotry and it was suggested that football was responsible for it. My point has been that it is a minority of football fans that seize upon the smallest part of their clubs history/team colours/historic hatred of one another to continue the bigotry and to try and justify it. My point was also that EVERYONE from both sides of the old firm knows that its a problem but that it s still only the minority. I have been keen to point out that no club should be singled out for blame but that they should try to lead their fans forward and away from bigotry.

I also agree that both clubs do great things for their supporters and their families and the local communities but these things are always overshadowed by the actions of the bigoted minority

If u read celtics history they were founded by irish to help fellow irish and scots who wer living in the slums of glasgow and that is why the tricolous is on sum merchandies and also flies at celtic park,oh and not once in any of my posts have I mentioned bigotry or rangers .

History aside in the 21st century when the club are supposedly doing ALL they can to eliminate the problem di you not think it is itsy best unwise, ay worst inflamatory to include the colours in their merchandise? Is there really any need and all it does is further cement the allusion of being IN THAT CAMP.

Hypothetically - imagine an Israeli club at a press conference in tel Aviv. The manager addresses the crowd wearing club merchandice which just happens to have Palestinian colours on. The club may have been founded hundreds of years ago by Palestinians in Israel. What do YOU think the reaction would be?"

If u find it that provocative maybe u should have a look at urself and ur reasons as it seems u have a problem with celtic fans and irish ppl and there is a word for ppl like that ,cant say it tho as dont want a ban .

Hypothetically - imagine an Israeli club at a press conference in tel Aviv. The manager addresses the crowd wearing club merchandice which just happens to have Palestinian colours on. The club may have been founded hundreds of years ago by Palestinians in Israel. What do YOU think the reaction would be?

If u find it that provocative maybe u should have a look at urself and ur reasons as it seems u have a problem with celtic fans and irish ppl and there is a word for ppl like that ,cant say it tho as dont want a ban ."

The Celtic board and mr Lennon knew what statement they were making when they chose to add the colours to their strip. Why not the Scotland colours bring a Scottish club? My point is tgey claim to be anti bigotry yet seem to find excuses to fuel it.

Oh I think the word your looking for is british

No you haven't. However, the original thread was about bigotry and it was suggested that football was responsible for it. My point has been that it is a minority of football fans that seize upon the smallest part of their clubs history/team colours/historic hatred of one another to continue the bigotry and to try and justify it. My point was also that EVERYONE from both sides of the old firm knows that its a problem but that it s still only the minority. I have been keen to point out that no club should be singled out for blame but that they should try to lead their fans forward and away from bigotry.

I also agree that both clubs do great things for their supporters and their families and the local communities but these things are always overshadowed by the actions of the bigoted minority "

I posted to defend the celtic managers rite to wear the club tracksuit I have no interest in bigotry .

Falkirk

I also agree that both clubs do great things for their supporters and their families and the local communities but these things are always overshadowed by the actions of the bigoted minority

I posted to defend the celtic managers rite to wear the club tracksuit I have no interest in bigotry ."

And that's right. But I was trying o make the point that the club should do more not Neil Lennon

I posted to defend the celtic managers rite to wear the club tracksuit I have no interest in bigotry .

And that's right. But I was trying o make the point that the club should do more not Neil Lennon "

So wot has he done wrong? Other than wear the club tracksuit that happens to have a green white and gold round the collar .

Lol besides Ally doesn't have to wear anything with colours he's jus got to "shake hands " to know where his heart lies. The bigotry and bullshit will never disappear its buried too deep not just in footy. B-) although I've always liked the game it's the shit that goes with it that always put me off which always seems to have summat to do with religion or where you stay any excuse to drink and fight...... I'd rather fuck B-)

If u find it that provocative maybe u should have a look at urself and ur reasons as it seems u have a problem with celtic fans and irish ppl and there is a word for ppl like that ,cant say it tho as dont want a ban .

The Celtic board and mr Lennon knew what statement they were making when they chose to add the colours to their strip. Why not the Scotland colours bring a Scottish club? My point is tgey claim to be anti bigotry yet seem to find excuses to fuel it.

Oh I think the word your looking for is british"

I have already explained why,if

ur trying to get me into a bigoted slanging match aint going to happen .

Oh I think the word your looking for is british

I have already explained why,if

ur trying to get me into a bigoted slanging match aint going to happen ."

That is far from my intention. I merely stated my belief Lennon should not wear the colours as I believe their inclusion merely furthers the clubs ties to the sectarian problem..one which they profess to be tackling.bmy point is that it would be simpler NOT to have the colours at all and therefore this wouldn't be flagged up. When they designed the top they must have discussed the imagery and what statement they wished to project. I feel the inclusion was therefore thought out and deliberate and as such a deliberate act which rather than helping stamp out the problem associated with the. Luv it merely serves to feul it. I mentioned Lennon as he CHOSE to wear it as opposed to other strips bearing just the club logo. Hr could have used common sense and avoided wearing the top. (remember players abstaining from wearing poppies?)

I am not trying to intive you to be a bigot. You defended Lennon and I asked your reasoning whilst pointing out how some may have taken offence to his attire

U have given ur opinion which is u find celtic merbhandies provocative and offensive ,surely anyone who take offence it is they who have the problem.

By *cottybhoyMan  over a year ago

falkirk

The Republican Tri-colour? Jeez - you demonstrated your anti-Irish racism in that sentence alone.

Are you really as big a dick as that thing you're holding??

And please, don't try to justify or further explain. The statement is racist.

"U have given ur opinion which is u find celtic merbhandies provocative and offensive ,surely anyone who take offence it is they who have the problem. "

You seem to think I am a bigoted rangers supporter because I think your club are foolish to adorn their strip with iconography which holds certain conontations in Glasgow where they reside. I am neither and despise both clubs equally. If you fail to see how the inclusion of the colours can been seen to invite association with sectarianism then you are deluded. You say I am anti Celtic and anti Irish. That is untrue. I am anti the element of both these factions who choose to live in the UK yet claim to despise it.

"The Republican Tri-colour? Jeez - you demonstrated your anti-Irish racism in that sentence alone.

Are you really as big a dick as that thing you're holding??

And please, don't try to justify or further explain. The statement is racist. "

Wooooah! Racist! The republican tri colour is the flag of the REPUBLIC of Ireland's flag hence the name I gave it. if I called the French tricolour the republican tri colour us that racist too? Get a grip!

bellshill

"U have given ur opinion which is u find celtic merbhandies provocative and offensive ,surely anyone who take offence it is they who have the problem.

You seem to think I am a bigoted rangers supporter because I think your club are foolish to adorn their strip with iconography which holds certain conontations in Glasgow where they reside. I am neither and despise both clubs equally. If you fail to see how the inclusion of the colours can been seen to invite association with sectarianism then you are deluded. You say I am anti Celtic and anti Irish. That is untrue. I am anti the element of both these factions who choose to live in the UK yet claim to despise it. "

Very well said sir ...reflects my view entirely

bellshill

"U have given ur opinion which is u find celtic merbhandies provocative and offensive ,surely anyone who take offence it is they who have the problem. "

Bit of a jumble of letters there(Segregated schools no doubt) but I think I can work it out.....probably a large percentage of british people find the merchandise offensive ...yes.

"U have given ur opinion which is u find celtic merbhandies provocative and offensive ,surely anyone who take offence it is they who have the problem.

Bit of a jumble of letters there(Segregated schools no doubt) but I think I can work it out.....probably a large percentage of british people find the merchandise offensive ...yes."

Hey mr gramar polis if u got sumthing 2 say spit it out ,and wot has segregated schools got to do with my post ?