FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Bonfire night

Bonfire night

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    27 weeks ago

So are there a few people popping along to there local organised fireworks display or are these events dying out these days . In my day the week b4 bonfire night i remember chapping doors looking for old wood or anything that would burn and building a bonfire , just nowadays i don't see that many

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *zeroMan 27 weeks ago

Glasgow

Usually there's a ton of unofficial ones. Which means my local park is going to get its annual scorched earth mark

By *unguy1969ABCMan 27 weeks ago

Stirling

Do we really need bonfire night and fireworks these days? Fireworks should never be sold to the general public, just organised events if we have have bonfire night

By *den1000Woman 27 weeks ago

Hamilton

I’m heading to a private fireworks event at a country house, it’s pretty decent. It’s £17 a head but it’s catered, safe & always a good night!

I wish there were more rules about public buying fireworks. I don’t personally think you should be able to buy fireworks at the same time as booze or even your weekly shop…!

By *iss EnormastitsWoman 27 weeks ago

Ayrshire

When i was growing up any DIY or decorating got done btwn sept and oct. Majority of old stuff would be stored for the bonfire gangs coming to collect. Never any issues at our local bonfires always well controlled by adults. Where i live now Kids used to start collecting 2 wks before and build but Council started coming and ripping them down leading up to the 5th. Now they collect on 5th and build. But lucky if they get 1hr before Fire Nrigade come and put out. Its a shame as in our village again adults control the fire xx good daya all gone x

» Add a new message to this topic