FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > whats your limit?

whats your limit?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ir laugh a lot OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

i am considering arranging something really different as a social event possibly in may , but i need to find out exactly how much people are willing to pay for a night out per person ,as i said this would be something completly different but i gtee one of the funniest and much talked about nights ever on fab ...i have an idea of what amount per person that would be required to make it happen so its over to you to to give me an idea of your limit and on another note if i go ahead and arrange it all deposits will be non refundable so think carefully as this event needs to be paid for even if folk call off

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Curious this non refundable bit.

A friend of mine was meant to come with me to last years (non) ball and about a fortnight before it he fell, broke his leg, tore ligaments the whole shebang. (Photographic evidence was supplied, lol!). Would you not give refund for something like that?

For non refundable for me, max a tenner. My money is too hard earned.

Another time a long time ago, I remember a gent did a runner with a social night money too....

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Robert I think the best thing to do would be for you to give the price of the event then let people say yes or no to attending xxx

glasgow

under those circumstances ofcourse but if i do book this venue they dont refund deposits so thats the only reason i said non refundable otherwise i would have to take the hit for the folk who didnt pay ,, and that could prove costly as for running off with peoples money i cherish my integrity and that would never happen with anything i am involved in on a personal level i am in a fortunate position i am finacially stable comfortable and secure but not everyone is so thats why i am asking

glasgow

noted jacs xxx was just trying to get an idea of the limits as it may be ok for say some to pay £50 for an event for example but times that by 2 and it becomes impossible for many but as i said its a bigger and much different kinda event and sadly it dont come cheap xxxxx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"noted jacs xxx was just trying to get an idea of the limits as it may be ok for say some to pay £50 for an event for example but times that by 2 and it becomes impossible for many but as i said its a bigger and much different kinda event and sadly it dont come cheap xxxxx"
OK im going to be honest here and say if the cost was to be near the £50 mark then no i wouldnt attend and the reason why i wouldnt is because by the time you've added on bar costs and hotel costs and for some Child minding costs it could turn out to be a pretty expensive night

glasgow

fair comment jacs as i said i was just seeking opinions and yours is valid xxxxxxx

By *akedninjaMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

By *akedninjaMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Another time a long time ago, I remember a gent did a runner with a social night money too.... "
yea the ball was a bit sussed...it's made me really wary of any such events where money is exchanged as I dont think anyone I knew got their money back and it was the couple themselves who organised the ball that cancelled it last minute

glasgow

i think media coverage due to a telephone call to the venue and the venue calling off was reason but as for those who paid not getting cash back i dont know anything about what followed ,, all i can assure everyone of is that anything i put my name too would be fully available for audit by anyone attending in the form of receipts for all money spent , but if a venue says deposits non refundable to me for example at time of booking well obviously it would be the same when arranging it on here anyway i asked for opinions and jacs who has arranged many has highlighted the pitfalls of extra expense and ,,i wont bother with this concept although i have to say i think it would have been a huge hit but thanks for feedback folks

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

I for one would need to know the full price and deposit before comitting. Ad Java has said when you add in hotel, drinks, transport, childminder, etc.

I think also peeps would want to know the type of event you had in mind. I mean, I was once invited to a "pamper and get laid" type event - beauty treatments, meal drinks and...... Now much ad though the ladies loved it all. the guys felt like fish outta water during the pamper sessions.

Appreciate stating type of event in open forum is perhaps too risky in light of media attention etc.

Hope this helps

glasgow

at this stage naming or giving loads of info of the type of event is or was meaninless as i was only trying to get an idea as to the limit people think is enough to pay ,its simple economics if people say for example 10 quid then your limited in what you can offer but say its 30 or 40 or 50 amount at this stage dont matter its only a question as to what the majority think is the max ,, i have been to functions where it can cost 100 per person or a table of 8 or 10 can cost from 1200 to 1500 plus ,, but i see that all the other costs make anything over say 20 to 25 quid not attractive and i understand that but if i didnt ask for feedback before even planning the next stage it would have been a waste of time all i did was talk to venue and the artists agent on both price and availability and then asked everyone how much is your in your opinion limit and i got my answers so thanks

"Another time a long time ago, I remember a gent did a runner with a social night money too.... yea the ball was a bit sussed...it's made me really wary of any such events where money is exchanged as I dont think anyone I knew got their money back and it was the couple themselves who organised the ball that cancelled it last minute"

I was referring to a social about 3 years ago, not the non ball...

I suppose a shagathon would be outa the question lol

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

well i dont know aboot that freddo

» Add a new message to this topic