FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > No shows

No shows

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    3 weeks ago

Beyond being ghosted, what’s the best/worst excuse you’ve had for a no show?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rdadjokesMan 3 weeks ago

Edinburgh

On another site a while ago someone said to me that her flatmate got into a serious accident had to go to hospital while being online whole time.

By *abtastic Mr FoxMan 3 weeks ago

A den in the Glen

I was messaged with less than an hour to go (to my second social) saying her car had broken down, but she did offer to see me in her house (and she would be upstairs waiting.

"Fuck yeah" I hear all you men saying!

'Fuck me' more like. It was a nightmare. The last time I wrote about it in detail, I was blocked by half the Fab ladies for my use of adjectives most hadn't heard before and was given a 48hr time out.

By *hyme2020Woman 3 weeks ago

Glasgow Scotland

Oh this sounds right up my street. Where do I start….

Slipped on ice getting into car to come and meet me. Ended up smashing leg up and phone so never heard anything until 3 days after said meet.

On way to mine when police phoned (on a Saturday night) about tax issues and threatening arrest of not sorted out THEN!!!

Collapsed on the football field and was taken off in an ambulance just prior to coming to mine.

Was just around the corner going into shop and did I want anything brought in. Never appeared!

There are more and over a long period of time and I’m embarrassed to admit this was all the same man. I had chatted to him for a very long time, met once and spoken on face time and I knew exactly who he was! I gave him chance and chance again and he threw it back in my face!!

I hope he actually sees this post and what a knob he is, but I’m not sure he’s on anymore as I blocked and reported him for time wasting multiple times!

Lesson learned!!

By *pready MercuryWoman 3 weeks ago

lanarkshire

There was the time I got the sorry I've been in a car smash and wrote my car off .. I replied with I hope your OK a car can be replaced , ... he replied I'm OK just a couple of broken ribs and black eyes and some scrapes .

Next day I go for lunch with my pal and we're sat at the table and I look up and he and his misses/gf and a child are sitting at the table next to us .. I've never seen a guy change to slate grey before infront of my face ... oh and wasn't a mark on him .

By *uctifanoWoman 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

I’ve never had one… is that weird

By *idden Gem69Woman 3 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

"There was the time I got the sorry I've been in a car smash and wrote my car off .. I replied with I hope your OK a car can be replaced , ... he replied I'm OK just a couple of broken ribs and black eyes and some scrapes .

Next day I go for lunch with my pal and we're sat at the table and I look up and he and his misses/gf and a child are sitting at the table next to us .. I've never seen a guy change to slate grey before infront of my face ... oh and wasn't a mark on him . "

Thats class, pity you couldnt get a pic of the look on his face haha

By *heRingerMasterMan 3 weeks ago

Glasgow

Im the guilty party l in one case. Went to a couples flat. Text them to say I had arrived outside , she messages the flat number and said I hope you don’t mind but mr is dressed up in lingerie. I fot she was joking cos she was abit off the wall but no…he opens the door in lingerie. Which if your into that fine, it doesn’t bother me if that’s your thing but I did find it abit jarring and had my guard up as they only me mentioned that once I was there like they had tricked me. I was wondering wot the next surprise would be. House was like a time capsule from the 70s and really creepy. She was very quiet even though it had been her who I had spoke with and set up the meet. He just kept offering me various drugs and telling me how he was the top man in the scheme and had battered everybody lol. They asked if I wanted a drink, I asked if they had any energy drinks, they said no but they have lucozade. I said no worries, I’ve got a can of monster in the motor and would just pop down and get it. I’ve never properly ghosted anyone but have been ghosted by lots of couples. I think they like the thrill in their marriage of online / chat but when it comes to face to face they bail.

By *pready MercuryWoman 3 weeks ago

lanarkshire

"There was the time I got the sorry I've been in a car smash and wrote my car off .. I replied with I hope your OK a car can be replaced , ... he replied I'm OK just a couple of broken ribs and black eyes and some scrapes .

Next day I go for lunch with my pal and we're sat at the table and I look up and he and his misses/gf and a child are sitting at the table next to us .. I've never seen a guy change to slate grey before infront of my face ... oh and wasn't a mark on him .

Thats class, pity you couldnt get a pic of the look on his face haha"

He couldn't wait to get out of there, id've never made a scene and his partner or gf and child didnae deserve the humiliation.. of all the gin joints sprung to mind

By *ordflash heartMan 3 weeks ago

Motherwell

Had arranged to meet a woman she couldn’t meet because babysitter issues less than couple of hours before meet. These things can happen then next meet she said sorry but dating wasn’t for her. Then a month later she was on to me all apologetic and asking if I could look at her car. I sorted her car then ghosted again. She then had the check to message again about 6 months later with more car issues, I sent her phone number of a garage. What a sucker I was

By *othianGuy41Man 3 weeks ago

Eureka

Met someone off here, they turned up at my flat d*unk af & proceded to pass out on my couch. I couldn't wake her so made sure she would be okay (basic recovery position) it could of been a lot worse for that person. Luckily I'm a decent person.

By *xymcsexingtonWoman 3 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Don't get excuses just straight up ghosted partly the reason I don't arrange meets anymore

By *oreverplayfulCouple 3 weeks ago

motherwell

"Had arranged to meet a woman she couldn’t meet because babysitter issues less than couple of hours before meet. These things can happen then next meet she said sorry but dating wasn’t for her. Then a month later she was on to me all apologetic and asking if I could look at her car. I sorted her car then ghosted again. She then had the check to message again about 6 months later with more car issues, I sent her phone number of a garage. What a sucker I was "

Fancy checking my car funnily I've heard of women doing this to get things done about the house lol

C x

By *idden Gem69Woman 3 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

"Had arranged to meet a woman she couldn’t meet because babysitter issues less than couple of hours before meet. These things can happen then next meet she said sorry but dating wasn’t for her. Then a month later she was on to me all apologetic and asking if I could look at her car. I sorted her car then ghosted again. She then had the check to message again about 6 months later with more car issues, I sent her phone number of a garage. What a sucker I was

Fancy checking my car funnily I've heard of women doing this to get things done about the house lol

C x"

Theres an idea... any electricians??

Motherwell

"Had arranged to meet a woman she couldn’t meet because babysitter issues less than couple of hours before meet. These things can happen then next meet she said sorry but dating wasn’t for her. Then a month later she was on to me all apologetic and asking if I could look at her car. I sorted her car then ghosted again. She then had the check to message again about 6 months later with more car issues, I sent her phone number of a garage. What a sucker I was

C x"

What kind of car is it yes I know this happens, I don’t mind helping people out just don’t like people taking the piss.

By *oreverplayfulCouple 3 weeks ago

motherwell

C x

What kind of car is it yes I know this happens, I don’t mind helping people out just don’t like people taking the piss. "

Still not telling I'll toot and wave I told you lol. Yeah these women were clearly using daring sites to their advantage to vet jobs done about the house lol

C x

Motherwell

C x

What kind of car is it yes I know this happens, I don’t mind helping people out just don’t like people taking the piss.

Still not telling I'll toot and wave I told you lol. Yeah these women were clearly using daring sites to their advantage to vet jobs done about the house lol

C x "

I’m sure I will find this out I bet they do had someone ask for money. I’ve done some gardening jobs for sexual favours and frozen meals

By *ookie69Man 3 weeks ago

Whistle Dixie

"I’ve never had one… is that weird "

Niether have I.

I had a near miss once but she was late.

By *hort Stop 1969Woman 3 weeks ago

Somewhere in East Lothian

"I was messaged with less than an hour to go (to my second social) saying her car had broken down, but she did offer to see me in her house (and she would be upstairs waiting.

"Fuck yeah" I hear all you men saying!

'Fuck me' more like. It was a nightmare. The last time I wrote about it in detail, I was blocked by half the Fab ladies for my use of adjectives most hadn't heard before and was given a 48hr time out."

Crikey now thats made me curious to read what you wrote - improve my vocabulary

By *rgoodnbadMan 3 weeks ago

greenock

Of all the ghosting I've endured. Only one had messaged me about her no show, after the event. And of the no shows, most of them had veris from previous meets. It's just your Donald duck.

By *allerthanaverage79Man 3 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"Oh this sounds right up my street. Where do I start….

Slipped on ice getting into car to come and meet me. Ended up smashing leg up and phone so never heard anything until 3 days after said meet.

On way to mine when police phoned (on a Saturday night) about tax issues and threatening arrest of not sorted out THEN!!!

Collapsed on the football field and was taken off in an ambulance just prior to coming to mine.

Was just around the corner going into shop and did I want anything brought in. Never appeared!

There are more and over a long period of time and I’m embarrassed to admit this was all the same man. I had chatted to him for a very long time, met once and spoken on face time and I knew exactly who he was! I gave him chance and chance again and he threw it back in my face!!

I hope he actually sees this post and what a knob he is, but I’m not sure he’s on anymore as I blocked and reported him for time wasting multiple times!

Lesson learned!! "

What an absolute cock!

By *allerthanaverage79Man 3 weeks ago

Ayrshire

Next day I go for lunch with my pal and we're sat at the table and I look up and he and his misses/gf and a child are sitting at the table next to us .. I've never seen a guy change to slate grey before infront of my face ... oh and wasn't a mark on him . "

Were you tempted to give him some black eyes?

By *hyme2020Woman 3 weeks ago

Glasgow Scotland

"Oh this sounds right up my street. Where do I start….

Lesson learned!!

What an absolute cock!"

Yes it turned out he was. I thought he was a really nice guy as well. More fool me.

By *igboobiesCouple 2 weeks ago

Saltcoats

"I’ve never had one… is that weird "

Same

By *igbear300Man 2 weeks ago

Whitburn

Think fab is not the same after covid had a few no shows and timewaster and my TV friend has been asked 3 times for money from paying for taxi or money to fxxx her

By *hekaiserMan 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

Been ghosted once, was given the postcode but not house number. Arrived at post code, rang to ask for house number-phone kept ringing, she was "online" here but no reply.

Could not be bothered waiting so left.

Recently all I seem to get is "bring alcohol/smokes with you" or "what's it worth to you?"

By *opeyXWoman 2 weeks ago

Dun Dee

He got lifted and was in the jail all weekend.

By *yrshireguy29Man 2 weeks ago

Ayrshire

I had my 1st meet all arranged with a couple, that was meant to happen on Friday there. We've been chatting on here for about 3 weeks, discussing boundaries, scenarios etc, also sending pictures of to each on kik, anyway Friday comes and I rush home from work to shower change and get the house ready. So then the arranged time comes they're not here and I try to contact them, their profiles gone and kik messages aren't delivered, so my 1st experience has been shit. Sorry for the rant lol

By *ig TennentsMan 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Been ghosted once, was given the postcode but not house number. Arrived at post code, rang to ask for house number-phone kept ringing, she was "online" here but no reply.

Recently all I seem to get is "bring alcohol/smokes with you" or "what's it worth to you?""

Yep had this a few times! Started chatting to one of them again after a few months and they tried giving me a different postcode and when I asked why is it different from last time I got blocked

By *ellinever70Woman 2 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"I had my 1st meet all arranged with a couple, that was meant to happen on Friday there. We've been chatting on here for about 3 weeks, discussing boundaries, scenarios etc, also sending pictures of to each on kik, anyway Friday comes and I rush home from work to shower change and get the house ready. So then the arranged time comes they're not here and I try to contact them, their profiles gone and kik messages aren't delivered, so my 1st experience has been shit. Sorry for the rant lol"

You were probably only chatting to the guy who got all he needed for a wank

By *eiaorganaWoman 2 weeks ago

Dundee

"Been ghosted once, was given the postcode but not house number. Arrived at post code, rang to ask for house number-phone kept ringing, she was "online" here but no reply.

Recently all I seem to get is "bring alcohol/smokes with you" or "what's it worth to you?""

A lot of men seem to do this, it's so bizarre. If someone said to me that they'll tell me the street and then once I got there to call for the house number I wouldn't even get off the sofa. Why does anyone bother with these people?!

By *eiaorganaWoman 2 weeks ago

Dundee

I had a social arranged with a guy from Glenrothes, I think it was. I got to the venue and told him which door to use, he then blocked me on fab and WhatsApp and deleted all the photos he'd whatsapped me, even his profile pic. Fucking weirdo.

By *alcon43Woman 2 weeks ago

Paisley

I’ve been messed around a few times and not just on Fab, on PoF as well.

A couple of times on POF, different guys, been given the post code and not the house number. Then when I get there, they don’t give me the house number. A wild goose chase people obviously think is funny.

On Fab, all dressed up and ready to go out when inside my get radio silence. Turns out he genuinely ended up in hospital.

One guy said he’d had an accident when out plying with his kids and another said a firework had been thrown at his car and had caused damage.

By *ookie69Man 2 weeks ago

Whistle Dixie

I’ve been fortunate over the years but it must be total heart wrecking especially for a woman taking the time to look her best for the encounter, it’s absolutely garbage why people do this. I don’t know what the personal gain is.

Sorry I can’t make it , I’ve got sunstroke.

It’s mid December in Cumbernauld ffs

By *orl1971Couple 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

Guy messaged to say he had just been told by a play partner that he’d got her pregnant so couldn’t turn up as dealing with the drama.

Met him a few times after that in subsequent years and turns out he did have a kid with an age that would match the story so maybe it was true.

By *yrshireguy29Man 2 weeks ago

Ayrshire

I was starting to think that, it's bloody annoying though, especially when there's people that is on here that are genuine and looking to meet

» Add a new message to this topic