FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Sexual Health

Sexual Health

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just curious after reading the smear /testicular testing comments...

How often do peeps go for sexual health screening ?? or are they done as part of other medical examinantions ?

I go every 6 months ( or if a condom bursts ) to a local hospital in Dundee, I am very honest about swinging lifestyle and mutiple partners

and found the clinic staff fantastic, totally non judgemental and very approachable.

The results take 2 weeks, I have my own number to remain anonymous, I telephone and they tell me if I am clear or if they need to call me back.

I have ( crossing fingers and touching wood and yu know the wood I am touching ) so far been clear everytime but never say never... a 'it wont happen to me' attitude has seen reoccurances of a few nasties from the 70's x

stay safe .....

view xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

ps ..... I only do safe sex , the main reason I go is for oral checking.. yu can still get things from oral with both sexes xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sexual health is something we should all take responsibility for, especially as you say View, nasties from the 70's are beginning to rear their ugly heads again.

It's often a good idea to keep regular sexual health check-ups separate from general check-ups, I feel it's more specific.

I know that clinic View and they are as you say, friendly approachable discrete and un-shockable...lol they would have to be with you and those pink pants!

Do it peeps....you know it makes sense.

View you need yer baws squeezed gently for the cancer checks again? ...didn't know that the cancer checks had to be done 3 times daily..live and learn eh?

thanks Laine......

to be honest a funny story from one of my check ups .... and totally TRUE

nurse was asking me questions about sexual partners.... the usual how many have yu had ? .. 7, I said ... this year .. No since saturday and it was only Monday ....

best bit .....

she said do yu have sex with SEX WORKERS?

I am looking at her, she is quite nice mind ya .....

I said , ffs, I am embarassed even thinking about it.. DO YU MEAN YU !!

I thought she was hitting on me FFS..

Her answer...... No, not me, I mean sex worker as in working girls.. Prostitutes

oops

ach view not all work as hard as you at shagging..usually it recreational for us, only you are a dedicated shagger xxx

i do get an keep regular sexual health check-ups separate from general check-ups 4 my sexual check up's i go to the sandyford once a year unless a condom burst then i go again an im total honest with them i do say that im a swinger..i think its important 2 get checks done not only for our self but for ppl sake 2 that we meet to we gotta be carefull..an as view said yea u can still catch by given oral..but 4 now im clean an safe :0)but u can never say never cause it could happen 2 the best of us tc xxxx

Don't you think the attitude we have in this country to sex and our sexual health is, to a large degree, almost Victorian.In countries where there's a more relaxed and natural approach to sex, statistics prove that this attitude results in fewer STI's, less rape and fewer teenage pregnacies. I think we owe it to our children to be as open and honest and approachable about sex as we can be and not leave it to schools to take the responsibility for teaching the new generation about a wholly natural and fun activity

Totally agree. The statistics for STI's in this country are ridiculous compared to the rest of Europe.

As for rape/sexual assaults, again on the rise in this country.

If our parents/ grandparents hadn't buried their heads in the sand and accepted sex is a natural part of life then we wouldn't be in hte mess we are into day.

Dunno about you guys but when I was school sex education was non existant either that or I was elsewhere that day. But that was it you got a single 30 minute lesson in Biology class out of how many years of education.

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

Like you View I have sexual health checks at the Kirkcaldy clinic. I was embarassed at first to admit to swinging when I found the doctor doing the checks had been on some of the same wards I had been when nursing.... but thought ffs its MY health at risk here, get over it.

Like yourself I have been clear each time so far but you just never know whats round the corner for any of us.

Also having worked in these clinics in the past I know that sometimes the staff can feel embarrassed about the questions they have to ask so people don't stop going for your check just because you don't want a red face.

Risking your life ain't worth.

Take care everyone and happy SAFE swinging

Mad xxxxx

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

just one point if you have a condom break or are compromised. A test for HIV is only conclusive after 3 months .Therefore you should abstain from sex for the required period unti anti bodies are confirmed as not being present

stay as safe as possible..

Pleasuredome is correct. All you peeps with burst condoms out there should abstain for a while. I know it sounds like I'm a party pooper but in my opinion SAFE SEX IS A MUST. No Exceptions...

"Pleasuredome is correct. All you peeps with burst condoms out there should abstain for a while. I know it sounds like I'm a party pooper but in my opinion SAFE SEX IS A MUST. No Exceptions... "

Good point and I agree, however if I know the person I have been with well, I respect their honesty and that they take their sexual health as serious as I and have been for recent checks .. I wouldn't.

but great point Buddha and well made.

theres one thing i can say i for one take my sexual health very serious an hope others do 2 xxxx

Check myself for any abnormalities every week and Michelle has her smear done regulary, but with the lifestyle we choose comes the responsibilities that come with it both to yourself and the partners you meet.

Great topic which i think more peeps should read and be aware of. I visit the sandyford clinic every year myself unless a we accident happens. Several years ago i slept with a girl who told me her ex was a junkie, i had to go through six months of testing for hiv and hepb, it was the most worrying time of my life, , though through the grace of god i was ok. even so, i lost over a stone with worry. So folks always wrap up and be safe. you sleep better at night knowing that

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

just thought i add the SHOCK factor to how important this is ....

MET A GUY RECENTLY WHO WAS TELLING ME ABOUT A FRIEND OF HIS APPARENTLY HE WAS A VERY GD LOOKING GUY N HAD WOMEN FALLING AT HIS FEET HE HAD WOMEN EVERY WEEKEND AND HAD UNPROTECTED SEX ...

ONE WEEKEND HE PICK UP A GIRL TOOK HER HOME N HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WITH HER WHEN HE WOKE IN THE MORNING SHE WAS GONE ....

THINKING HED BEEN ROBBED OF HIS WALLET HE CHECKED HIS POCKET TO FIND IT STILL THERE SO JUST THOUGH SHE NEEDED TO GET OFF SOME WHERE.....

HE THEN WALKED INTO HIS BATHROOM TO FIND WRITTEN ON THE MORROR A MESSAGE IN LIPSTICK WHICH RED .....

WELCOME TO THE AIDS CLUB!!!!!

MOREAL OF THIS STORY IS THE GUY DIED 5 YRS LATER OF AIDS

DONT TAKE RISKS PPL N HAVE UR CHECKS DONE XXXXX

LUV JACS

XXXX

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

Anybody with confirmed HIV and having sex with someone without telling them is commiting an offence and can be charged with attempted murder.

Also just one more point wearing a condom is not a guarantee of safety for a variety of reasons which i wont go over again here .There is a thread called Bareback i would point you to where the govt statisitics have been crunched and the risks identified of both wearing a condom and not wearing one also the odds of contracting HIV at the moment in this country and why condoms are not a totally safe option .

thanks Jac, thats a truly shocking story xxxxxxxx

Hi View

It was my mates best friend,we were all shocked when he told us,he then had to wait for the result to come back.

wonder how mant more blokes she took down with her.

"Hi View

It was my mates best friend,we were all shocked when he told us,he then had to wait for the result to come back.

wonder how mant more blokes she took down with her."

sorry to hear dude that the guy was your mate

all the best to you

view x

View,

Well done in putting this post up babe x

Safe sex is a must.

Health care clinics and doctors offer free condoms so there is no excuse for not looking after yourself or risking the health of others !

i go to the sandyford clinic in glasgow ur better being safe than sorry . i as shocked the first time i went as my friend wife works there and i didnt know i know shehasnt said anything to anyone but she has gave me funny looks when iv meet up with them as am very close to her hubby.

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

"i go to the sandyford clinic in glasgow ur better being safe than sorry . i as shocked the first time i went as my friend wife works there and i didnt know i know shehasnt said anything to anyone but she has gave me funny looks when iv meet up with them as am very close to her hubby."

yes it can be awkward when you know the person doing the checks butnurses and doctors must respect confidentiality of those attending and if you feel uncomfortable ask if you can see someone else.

» Add a new message to this topic