FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > The Blue Nile

The Blue Nile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riggsboy123 OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Does anyone else like to fall asleep to mr buchanan's silky tones? Saturday night on hats theres a tune for you. His mum actually stays round the corner from me in bishopbriggs ive seen him a few times. My dads carers also look after her aswell cos shes getting on a bit but they she shes still quite sharp and chats to them about the band etc.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orthseatiger69Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire /North lanarshire

Love listening to The Blue Nile. I ways seem to miss his solo gigs.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rooftops and hats Two of my fav albums

By *gag001Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Saturday Night is my all time fave Blue Nile song. Awesome band, pity they don't tour very often but we've been lucky to catch them when they have and Paul's done his solo gigs.

Not a bad track on any of their albums, just degrees of greatness!

By *riggsboy123 OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Fuck yeah saturday night quarter to five when the shorefronts close in on paradise meet me outside the cherrylight you and i walk away thats as good as it gets.

Interesting fact paul dated the actress rosanna arquette c1990 she was a kind of a lister back then pulp fiction etc plus her brother is david. Kind of wierd given that his mum stays 2 minutes walk from me. FYI theres a book about them called nileism thats worth reading.

Ps i want an ordinary girl to love me and make the world all right.

By *owboy BebopMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Fuck yeah saturday night quarter to five when the shorefronts close in on paradise meet me outside the cherrylight you and i walk away thats as good as it gets.

Interesting fact paul dated the actress rosanna arquette c1990 she was a kind of a lister back then pulp fiction etc plus her brother is david. Kind of wierd given that his mum stays 2 minutes walk from me. FYI theres a book about them called nileism thats worth reading.

Ps i want an ordinary girl to love me and make the world all right. "

It's music that you feel, when you here it !

Loving the 2012 remasters of AWATR and Hats even though the bonus discs could have had more remixes and b-sides from both periods. I love the 2 new unreleased songs on them and it is nice to hear 'I Love This Life' and 'The Second Act' in decent audio quality.

Hats is a peach of an album from start to finish. Saw them live at the concert hall in Glasgow in 1996 I think and it was a great gig and i remember being surprised at how nervous they seemed live and how good the sound was(no need to be nervous!) and taken aback at how funny they were between songs. A couple of tracks from Peace At Last seemedto be among their best ever (Happiness,and Tomorrow Morning) but PJ's keyboards (a trademark BN sound) were almost non-existent on that album.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Does anyone else like to fall asleep to mr buchanan's silky tones? .................."

He's a regular on the subway around Byres Rd.

"Does anyone else like to fall asleep to mr buchanan's silky tones? ..................

He's a regular on the subway around Byres Rd."

Think he stays in Hyndland and have seen him at Oran Mor and some of the cafes around Byres Road.

Wasn't there a pub in Glasgow called the Blue Nile years back, on West Nile street (surprisingly)

Am thinking I've shot myself in the foot with this one - is this the pub where the band formed?

"Am thinking I've shot myself in the foot with this one - is this the pub where the band formed? "

Band knew each other from school and university I think.

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

Perfect summer night music... with beautiful, intelligent lyrics.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Wasn't there a pub in Glasgow called the Blue Nile years back, on West Nile street (surprisingly)"

I think it was just called The Nile - just about opposite where Rita Rusk used to be.

"Wasn't there a pub in Glasgow called the Blue Nile years back, on West Nile street (surprisingly)

I think it was just called The Nile - just about opposite where Rita Rusk used to be."

yeah the Nile bar correct mate

Glasgow

Read the book, very interesting reading. Controversial given the awesome talent that's come from my fine city but i think the best ever! xx

Glasgow

...and Yeah, it was the the Nile, the finest barmaids. What a recruitment policy!

By *isFabMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Tinseltown in the rain for me ...classic

There's a you tube video of them playing this on jools Holland live superb

» Add a new message to this topic