FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Life's mysteries

Life's mysteries

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unJoiner OP   Man  over a year ago

Central

On the outside I do seem happy but really I feel just horrible sadness.

I know people go off sick with depression and speak to people about it. I can't. I am the happy go lucky lad that's always smiling and making people laugh, yet I just feel empty. I can't go off work with the dreaded word depression as I am self employed. Could it just be summer time blues. I don't know. I feel like a clown for typing this but it seems the only place I can without friends or family judging me.

Anyone know any things to help with feeling blue? And I don't mean drugs!

G

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

Your own description of yourself tells me you are the type of person who MUST seek medical/psychiatric help, sooner rather than later. The pretence of being the happy go lucky guy is only going to be exacerbated when you don't have an audience, and the loneliness, and depression of reality kick in.

This next bit may sound harsh & uncaring.

I am only going to give this advice once, as people who seek advice, and then do nothing, don't help themselves, and will only end up alienating those who give the advice. Don't wallow in the "poor me" mentality, you have identified a problem, and you need to address it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Your own description of yourself tells me you are the type of person who MUST seek medical/psychiatric help, sooner rather than later. The pretence of being the happy go lucky guy is only going to be exacerbated when you don't have an audience, and the loneliness, and depression of reality kick in.

This next bit may sound harsh & uncaring.

I am only going to give this advice once, as people who seek advice, and then do nothing, don't help themselves, and will only end up alienating those who give the advice. Don't wallow in the "poor me" mentality, you have identified a problem, and you need to address it. "

+1

By *ifes journeyCouple  over a year ago

scotland

Exersize is great.....releases lots of endorphins.....

You've made the first step in recognizing there is a problem, please go to your gp for assessment xx take care xx

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Mental health issues are an illness that has to be dealt with. Please do not try to deal with this on your own and putting on a brave face.

Seek the help of your GP, even a short term course of ADs or counselling may help.

Just because it's an illness that can't be seen, does not make it any less of an illness and certainly nothing to be ashamed of. You would be surprised by the amount of people who have had some type of depression in their lives, including your family and friends. xx

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

as everyone has said don't suffer in silence, I go through times when I feel really fed up and don't want to do anything but wouldn't say it was actual depression and seem to come out of it eventually...but if its an ongoing thing I would say defo go and get some help its nothing to be ashamed of

good luck xxx

I've suffered from a mixture of clinical depression and anxiety for 10 years now and the first step is recognising that something is wrong, so you're on the right path.

Seek help, whether it be medication or counselling, sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't but only you know what will work. As said above exercise is a great way to release and makes you feel so much better.

Big love x

as has been said by everyone before me, please please seek help. no-one will think any less of you for doing so xxxx

By *unJoiner OP   Man  over a year ago

Central

Thanks for all advice, is there an out of hours place to go rather ran going to my own GP?

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

Google "Breathing Space"

Yes agree with above comments do speak to someone professional who won't judge you it will only get worse if you don't face what is making you feel depressed good luck x

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"Thanks for all advice, is there an out of hours place to go rather ran going to my own GP?"

Personally, I would not recommend that you call an out of hours service. You need to do this face on.

Over the phone will not help you in any way except to advise that you make an appointment with your own GP/clinic.

Been there, done it (extremely), still there.

"Google "Breathing Space""

Contact Breathing space....they will help you.......x

Don't fight it...go see your doc... It's An illness not a weakness....it'll only stop you working if you let it.

Please go to your doctor. If you don't it will only become a more vicious circle than it already is.

» Add a new message to this topic