FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > social with or without

social with or without

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *avy42 n jaz OP   Couple  over a year ago

Ayr

what would people prefer, a social night with play room well away from disco or a social thats just a social, as last post people were confused in last post, the play area is well away from it and people have a choice to play no pressure, as pests or pushy people will be removed from venue,

there is also other types of rooms in venue that can be used at later dates,

so can people please say yes or no to play area, so we know whats best for everyone, thanks again

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *weetcheeks696969Woman  over a year ago

aberdeen

no playroom for me xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Interested in either .can you put me down pending dates and venue

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

I would say no to play as it has taken those running socials years to get it over to people that public venues are just that- very public. This is part of the reason why they get such bad publicity in the press, a prime example was the masquarade ball last year that was cancelled after the papers got involved.

Also how many venues would allow one party of people to take over their facilities especially sauna etc?

No playroom for me. XxX

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Yes to having the choice...

Yes

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Yes to choice for me

[Removed by poster at 22/09/13 15:09:22]

No playroom for us. This might be our first social and would be nervous about it.

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Yes to have the choice

Yes to having choice

But then you cant really call it a social then

"Yes to having the choice..."

Knew you would say that. ..lol and we agree too x

By *oversforfun2000Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

We would like the choice, but we are interested either way could you keep us posted whatever the outcome!! Xx

yes to having the choice ....count us in either way

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Could you confirm if this would be held in a swingers club or a hotel/function suite with non swingers working behind the bar etc, thanks.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I would say no to play as it has taken those running socials years to get it over to people that public venues are just that- very public. This is part of the reason why they get such bad publicity in the press, a prime example was the masquarade ball last year that was cancelled after the papers got involved.

Also how many venues would allow one party of people to take over their facilities especially sauna etc?"

Would have to agree with this .

I think a little more details on what kind of venue these nights would be held in .

But it doesn't sound much different to a club night like cjs or after8.

There is always so much emphasis on no playing at socials so im my opinion this doesn't sound like a social night to me .

Good luck with it though.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Given what happened with the Masquerade Ball, I for one wouldn't want to attend anything that was more than just a social. So not for me, but good luck whatever you do. xxxxx

Ayr

as someone messaged me and said we do a fantastic ayrshire social with no play, why change,

makes me wonder,

now if it was a play area but was closed till 1 in morning, would this coumt as a social or a swing night lol, think best it be a non play for the very first social,

then see how people feel after venue

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

So is this now just an Ayrshire Social?

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"

now if it was a play area but was closed till 1 in morning, would this coumt as a social or a swing night "

Do you think people would hang around got the play area to open at 1am? I don't think most will be heading home by that point ....would it count as a social no i don't think it would if play is still involved .

Glenrothes

I don't want to be a party popper, but this has the potential to be a disaster. All it took last year was one person on Fab to email the hotel and there was a major fuck up, press involved and Fab members being named. Who's to say this wouldn't happen again if a reporter was an attendee, and we all kniw hiw easily they did that. Also how does a venue which needs to have all the prerequisite facilities and know what's going to happen, keep it under wraps? It's one thing to have a social then party at someone's home after, quite another at an external venue.

Glenrothes

"I don't want to be a party popper, but this has the potential to be a disaster. All it took last year was one person on Fab to email the hotel and there was a major fuck up, press involved and Fab members being named. Who's to say this wouldn't happen again if a reporter was an attendee, and we all kniw hiw easily they did that. Also how does a venue which needs to have all the prerequisite facilities and know what's going to happen, keep it under wraps? It's one thing to have a social then party at someone's home after, quite another at an external venue. "

Ffs pooper* and know how*

id prefer play area, but im sure whatever u decide will be good as ur socials are always fun, good luck with this davy xxx penny

Ayr

we will stick to what we know, will be a social first, then if people happy with venue area will see what happens from there,

Why stick to the same when you advertised different?

Go for it something new has to be a plus , socials these days are boring , same old , cliquey and .......best zip it there .

If you think you can pull something different out the bag , go for it and im sure loads will support you.

What happened to the masquerade ball happened it wasnt a first it wont be a last .

Good luck

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Personally id say if its advertised as a social then it should stay as that ...theres plenty time to play after the event back at hotel or where ever people are staying

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

so many ponderables as some have said with play at a venue some wont view it a a social. some wont attend if its not a swing club as staff finding out and the posibilitys of folks outwith the swinging society finding out. others will want to attend but some of these people wouldnt be allowed in to clubs as there behaviour is unacceptable. for me a social is a social if you wish to take things forward with others you can at a later date for these reasons i wouldnt attend a social where play was a possibility as at least in a club there is checks and balances door staff and are setup to deal with it some folk will want it so the decision is yours to make wish you well in whatever you decide

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"we will stick to what we know, will be a social first, then if people happy with venue area will see what happens from there, "

Stick to what you are comfortable with

I intend to

Ayr

"Why stick to the same when you advertised different?

Go for it something new has to be a plus , socials these days are boring , same old , cliquey and .......best zip it there .

If you think you can pull something different out the bag , go for it and im sure loads will support you.

What happened to the masquerade ball happened it wasnt a first it wont be a last .

Good luck "

agree but will try glasgow social no play first as new to glasgow, then take next step from there, and hope people like venue area if we can pull this off

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

2 for me please

No playroom for me.... I'm too shy

Knowing you both davy n jaz im sure pulling it of wont be a problem to you's.im sure you will get the same support as you's allways get.personely i would attend if it was either or.it is good someone is willing to try a new angle for socials..all the best guys iain.

By *abyblueeyes44Woman  over a year ago

somewhere

ive loved all your other socials ...but i wld not attend 1 where theres play not ma thing ....good luck to you guys if use pull it off xxx

» Add a new message to this topic