FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > tolerance

tolerance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ola cubes OP   Man  over a year ago

coatbridge

again another user has lost the will to live with the forums why ? only these people can answer. there are plenty of people on the forums who i have little time for i tend to steer clear of them and there threads as i find them tedious do i feel the need to share this with them nope do i feel the need to voice them hell yes but i dont (often) why .............tolerance and knowledge that we are all very diffrent creatures get a grip folk

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

" there are plenty of people on the forums who i have little time for i tend to steer clear of them and there threads as i find them tedious "

Sorry

coatbridge

" there are plenty of people on the forums who i have little time for i tend to steer clear of them and there threads as i find them tedious

Sorry "

pmsl good try _unkie but im not answering whom i find tedious (ps not you) pmsl

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Totally agree kola some thrive on getting a response from you it annoys the he'll out of them more when you dont respond.

Think everyone needs to go back to basics and remember why they joined a site like this in the first place X

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

"Totally agree kola some thrive on getting a response from you it annoys the he'll out of them more when you dont respond.

Think everyone needs to go back to basics and remember why they joined a site like this in the first place X"

FOR A SHAAAAAAAAAG

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I am like you kola. It's very frustrating sometimes and I wish I could voice that frustration but like you, I choose not to.

However, I do often PM people to give them my opinion in private rather than post it on the forum.

Oh, and I'm sorry for my threads too

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"Totally agree kola some thrive on getting a response from you it annoys the he'll out of them more when you dont respond.

Think everyone needs to go back to basics and remember why they joined a site like this in the first place X"

For fun, giggles and more fun

Glenrothes

"I am like you kola. It's very frustrating sometimes and I wish I could voice that frustration but like you, I choose not to.

However, I do often PM people to give them my opinion in private rather than post it on the forum.

Oh, and I'm sorry for my threads too "

It's always a treat to see your furry front of a morning

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Agreed!

"

Im going to take a wild guess and say these are not the threads he talking about....

Falkirk

"I am like you kola. It's very frustrating sometimes and I wish I could voice that frustration but like you, I choose not to.

Oh, and I'm sorry for my threads too

It's always a treat to see your furry front of a morning "

Im going to take a wild guess and say these are not the threads he talking about...."

Im sure it is only kola can tell us lol

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

over the years, we have probably all jumped over someone, sided with pals to jump over someone and pointed out their perceived failings.

less time is spent looking at our own possible shortcomings first

Glenrothes

"over the years, we have probably all jumped over someone, sided with pals to jump over someone and pointed out their perceived failings.

"

If I looked at my own, you would find me hiding under my duvet!!!!!!!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"over the years, we have probably all jumped over someone, sided with pals to jump over someone and pointed out their perceived failings.

If I looked at my own, you would find me hiding under my duvet!!!!!!!"

Iv looked....

Cant find any

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

Am I missing something?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/09/13 10:37:38]

By *autious CoupleCouple  over a year ago

home

I was going to post on the other thread but decided against it as sometimes my spelling is not the greatest ...surely this site is for fun and for folk to learn from others and ask for advice not to be shot down in flames for trivial things to many folk just waiting to pick up on something not even relevant to the thread.

And with that I'm out of here just to browse rather than get involved

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Ok I'm lost...... But totally get what you mean about forum sometimes

what happen to the fun in the forums

why dose it get over run buy a small few that try to spoil it for others

Every forum on the Internet has bawbags on them unfortunately. I regularly post on a few football ones and it's the same

[Removed by poster at 24/09/13 13:08:14]

Its the same 3 or 4 subjects constantly. No matter what is posted it spills over into every forum and bears no relevance to the intended post . So most likely people just think oh feck it what's the point of trying to participate when its went totally off the intended subject .... Its unfair for the ones who enjoy the debate or discussions and don't want to read the same stuff on EVERY post

I understand from the original post that something has happened on here.

What I don't understand is some people complaining about new threads people post. As has been said many times on here if your not happy with the games/subjects people are posting then post your own. X

Wot did I miss??

Glasgow West

I don't mind a thread getting hijacked, if it stays light-hearted, but the ones where some take out their personal gripes or vendettas really grind my gears.

The worst culprits are the ones who get a forum ban for it, but don't recognise they've done anything wrong, and then start the cycle again. Very frustrating.

By *ifes journeyCouple  over a year ago

scotland

Disclaimer....this is what I see through my eyes....my opinion....if ya don't agree hey ho be happy

I blame thatcher/ hitler/ my mum delete as applicable

Glasgow West

"I blame thatcher/ hitler/ my mum delete as applicable "

I blame your mum too...

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 24/09/13 15:13:37]

coatbridge

Above was ine of them moment fingers moved before brain engaged

Falkirk

Having posted a genuine response on the said original thread, I think it's a shame that the OP of that thread will probably never feel comfortable enough to post again.

As for the reasons she may never post again, the people who posted on the thread will know why and I'm not willing to go into them.

Suffice to say, all the subsequent moaning and whining could have been avoided if user/s (trying not to blame anyone/anybody and certainly not naming anyone/anybody) had been a little more tolerant of that very first post.

This is of course just my _iew on it and as such is not to be taken as gospel. Just what I saw.

As for tolerance, please see my earlier post near the top. I've kept quiet until now but feel it was unfair to keep on about another deleted thread without thinking about the OP of that thread

Falkirk

Oh, and sorry kola if I've hijacked this thread, wasn't my intention

Spot on Andy it's always the same when people can't see they were the ones who were wrong and try to blame others ,I did post on the thread and my opinions still stand and your right the poster said herself probably would never post again for asking a simple question and got slated for spelling errors

edinburgh

Ah I know what's going on now and totally agree with andy and jacs

All very well to sit taking the high moral ground and slating people when I'm sure everyone has difficulty in one degree or another .... None of us are perfect and many have _iews on others , some choose to display that _iew some nod in agreement whilst reading and some just think live and let live. I know which category I come under with 95% of things in life .. its a shame that someone has felt they've made an attempt to post and will have no doubt have left forums feeling crap or a huge dent in confidence ... So yes tolerance and tact are important but respect and kindness to others should be considered when answering posts .

Well said shelly

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

"Well said shelly "

No idea what thread was removed or being talked about in this instance but tbh nearly all threads turn out the same. The same people time and time again hijack posts or use the forums to have a pop at each other.

90% of the time I could correctly guess who has a) started a post or b) commented on it without actually seeing the user names in advance and could also guess what peoples replies will be.

[Removed by poster at 24/09/13 16:08:35]

Tands your so right I can sit here to and know exactly who's going to post in a positive way and who's not ..been here too long I think lol

scotland

"Well said shelly

No idea what thread was removed or being talked about in this instance but tbh nearly all threads turn out the same. The same people time and time again hijack posts or use the forums to have a pop at each other.

90% of the time I could correctly guess who has a) started a post or b) commented on it without actually seeing the user names in advance and could also guess what peoples replies will be. "

and yet still some can't see passed their own noses and smell the roses and totally agree trac

Dont know what was said on thread , but sometimes people really need to grow a thicker skin, some folks look for pity and sometimes cant take whats given back ,

The forums are not all about licking arses , though some would like it this way, respect yes but sometimes some dont even deserve this .

If your going to post expect debates expect negetivity and take it with a pinch of salt, if you cant maybe you really need to stop posting or stick to the threads where you know your next poster is going to say yes I will happily fuck you ........because they have no standards and dont even know what your fave looks like .

Its a forum its ment to be fun debatable and sometimes argumentative , like real life it aint always a bed of roses

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 24/09/13 16:34:43]

Falkirk

"Dont know what was said on thread , but sometimes people really need to grow a thicker skin, some folks look for pity and sometimes cant take whats given back ,

The forums are not all about licking arses , though some would like it this way, respect yes but sometimes some dont even deserve this .

If your going to post expect debates expect negetivity and take it with a pinch of salt, if you cant maybe you really need to stop posting or stick to the threads where you know your next poster is going to say yes I will happily fuck you ........because they have no standards and dont even know what your fave looks like .

Its a forum its ment to be fun debatable and sometimes argumentative , like real life it aint always a bed of roses "

Whilst you are quite correct, in this case it was totally different. It wasn't a debate, it was just silly nitpicking for the sake of it. Had it not been a new user, I doubt it would have got picked up but several 'regulars' saw it and took offence to it.

End of story.

The person that posted the remark probably regrets it now with hindsight but now maybe feels in an impossible position.

So, with that in mind, and considering this is a thread called tolerance, am I the only one who thinks enough has been said about it? Should we all just agree that respect and tolerance is a good thing and just leave it at that?

I would like to think that the OP of the deleted thread has realised that none of this has been aimed at her nor was it her fault in any way and that the person who made the comment to her has taken the opportunity to apologise to her too.

dam it, im always missing the good forum posts

scotland

To be fair thou yes it's a shame that a woman was made to feel shitty ...but ...it happens every week on here and I don't think what happened today was any different to what happens every week....people post asking for meets and for this and that and get jamp on and slagged for asking for fun ....bet they feel exact the same as this woman and don't wanna post again.....

Happens all the time

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I must admit I used to post quite frequently here, but not so much this year!

So I get what Kola says

Glenrothes

"Spot on Andy it's always the same when people can't see they were the ones who were wrong and try to blame others ,I did post on the thread and my opinions still stand and your right the poster said herself probably would never post again for asking a simple question and got slated for spelling errors "

I agree with Andy and with Jacs and I too posted on the thread and wished the OP well. Oh and I still think I should be under my duvet. Anyone want to join me?

"Spot on Andy it's always the same when people can't see they were the ones who were wrong and try to blame others ,I did post on the thread and my opinions still stand and your right the poster said herself probably would never post again for asking a simple question and got slated for spelling errors

I agree with Andy and with Jacs and I too posted on the thread and wished the OP well. Oh and I still think I should be under my duvet. Anyone want to join me? "

Mmmmm shift over then lol

Glenrothes

"Spot on Andy it's always the same when people can't see they were the ones who were wrong and try to blame others ,I did post on the thread and my opinions still stand and your right the poster said herself probably would never post again for asking a simple question and got slated for spelling errors

I agree with Andy and with Jacs and I too posted on the thread and wished the OP well. Oh and I still think I should be under my duvet. Anyone want to join me? Mmmmm shift over then lol "

Jacs, you know I only like hairy chests and you just don't fall into that category. But you can snuggle on the other side of who ever is in the middle with a hairy chest

I agree with Andy and with Jacs and I too posted on the thread and wished the OP well. Oh and I still think I should be under my duvet. Anyone want to join me? Mmmmm shift over then lol

Jacs, you know I only like hairy chests and you just don't fall into that category. But you can snuggle on the other side of who ever is in the middle with a hairy chest "

Lmao deal hmmmm I didn't think u liked hair chests lol

Falkirk

Ok ladies, if you can tolerate my hairy chest, I'll climb in between you

If I looked at my own, you would find me hiding under my duvet!!!!!!!"

im still hiding under mine dess lol its always the same people who run the forums noone else gets a chance but there posts get hijacked or just abuse hurled now............ its a bloody shame really as they used to be fun

im still hiding under mine dess lol its always the same people who run the forums noone else gets a chance but there posts get hijacked or just abuse hurled now............ its a bloody shame really as they used to be fun "

it is a shame as there is some on here think its funny to bad mouth others

if you break forum rules then you should be ban

why are users getting away with it. its beyond me

Falkirk

im still hiding under mine dess lol its always the same people who run the forums noone else gets a chance but there posts get hijacked or just abuse hurled now............ its a bloody shame really as they used to be fun it is a shame as there is some on here think its funny to bad mouth others

why are users getting away with it. its beyond me"

I'm sorry, who's bad mouthing who? I haven't seen anyone named on this thread and I even asked if we could all draw a line under this matter

Glenrothes

Sioux - I'm off back under mine cos it's safer there!!!

Jacs, I love a man with a hairy chest. FFS woman where did you hear otherwise.

Oh Andy, I love looking at your avatar picture. It really cheers me up.

And I am now having to hold my tongue, because this is a thread about tolerance and in the spirit of tolerance, I won't rip off someone's head right now.

I love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

im still hiding under mine dess lol its always the same people who run the forums noone else gets a chance but there posts get hijacked or just abuse hurled now............ its a bloody shame really as they used to be fun it is a shame as there is some on here think its funny to bad mouth others

why are users getting away with it. its beyond me"

im taking the 5th lol

I'm sorry, who's bad mouthing who? I haven't seen anyone named on this thread and I even asked if we could all draw a line under this matter "

as i cant say names as against forum rules

as you didn't see the thread in q

the users no who they are an most certainly have broken rules

Falkirk

"Ok ladies, if you can tolerate my hairy chest, I'll climb in between you "

Ooooo Sioux, are you joining us under dess' duvet - all in the name of tolerance obviously

Glenrothes

im taking the 5th lol "

I think I better too, cos steam is presently coming out of my ears.

Glenrothes

"Ok ladies, if you can tolerate my hairy chest, I'll climb in between you

Ooooo Sioux, are you joining us under dess' duvet - all in the name of tolerance obviously "

There is plenty room as it is a kingsize bed and duvet! lol

"Well said shelly

90% of the time I could correctly guess who has a) started a post or b) commented on it without actually seeing the user names in advance and could also guess what peoples replies will be.

and yet still some can't see passed their own noses and smell the roses and totally agree trac "

I'm sorry, who's bad mouthing who? I haven't seen anyone named on this thread and I even asked if we could all draw a line under this matter as i cant say names as against forum rules

as you didn't see the thread in q

the users no who they are an most certainly have broken rules

"

Like is always said on forum posts if you think someone has broken rules then report them

People, breath deeply, life's too short to get wound up over forum bullies. By getting wound up over there posts you're only empowering them and they're simply not worth it. Peace.

Oops, their posts, not there post, just before the grammar pendants pull me up.

Glenrothes

"People, breath deeply, life's too short to get wound up over forum bullies. By getting wound up over there posts you're only empowering them and they're simply not worth it. Peace. "

Agree. I was going to say more, but really can't be arsed now! I need a nice soak in a bubble bath and a large gin and tonic.

"People, breath deeply, life's too short to get wound up over forum bullies. By getting wound up over there posts you're only empowering them and they're simply not worth it. Peace.

Agree. I was going to say more, but really can't be arsed now! I need a nice soak in a bubble bath and a large gin and tonic. "

Shall I lite the candles for ya

Glenrothes

"People, breath deeply, life's too short to get wound up over forum bullies. By getting wound up over there posts you're only empowering them and they're simply not worth it. Peace.

Agree. I was going to say more, but really can't be arsed now! I need a nice soak in a bubble bath and a large gin and tonic. Shall I lite the candles for ya "

Better not. Might end up setting the bathroom ablaze! lol

Glenrothes

"Oops, their posts, not there post, just before the grammar pendants pull me up. "

rof pmsl!!!! Nice one Miss McG!

"I understand from the original post that something has happened on here.

What I don't understand is some people complaining about new threads people post. As has been said many times on here if your not happy with the games/subjects people are posting then post your own. X"

Exactly...I am guilty of being slightly opinionated and honest but I think thats what forums are for, true opinions and _iews. Nothing wrong with a wee debate, gives you a wee insight to people. If I dont like the topic then I wont comment on it and I certainly wont get annoyed at it. Sometimes I post things im curious about and some times I post shite, depends on my mood.

Glenrothes

What I don't understand is some people complaining about new threads people post. As has been said many times on here if your not happy with the games/subjects people are posting then post your own. X

Exactly...I am guilty of being slightly opinionated and honest but I think thats what forums are for, true opinions and _iews. Nothing wrong with a wee debate, gives you a wee insight to people. If I dont like the topic then I wont comment on it and I certainly wont get annoyed at it. Sometimes I post things im curious about and some times I post shite, depends on my mood. "

I often get a giggle at the posts, sometimes have almost splurted my tea all over the monitor at some comments and very occasionally, will get irritated at what I see as nitpicking over grammar, spelling etc. What really rips my knitting is when someone becomes holier than thou, when in fact, they caused the problem in the first instance. I will be the first to stick my hand up and apologise if I said something out of turn, or misread a post and commented wrongly. Then I will go and hide under my duvet, hopefully with yummy friends to comfort me after my stupidity.

By *omma49Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

some folks on here, get a big kick out of belittling folks, makes them feel bigger than they are, frankly it says more about them, than the people who are being belittled.

Exactly...I am guilty of being slightly opinionated and honest but I think thats what forums are for, true opinions and _iews. Nothing wrong with a wee debate, gives you a wee insight to people. If I dont like the topic then I wont comment on it and I certainly wont get annoyed at it. Sometimes I post things im curious about and some times I post shite, depends on my mood. "

Exactly

I remember one a year or so ago. A female asked advice on depression ir feeling down and I was horrified at the replies....basically went along the lines of, get lost this aint the samaritans its a swingers site. We pointec out that this may be the only way of reaching out that this person may have.....we got shot down by regular forum users. .. can be a nasty place with nasty people.

"I remember one a year or so ago. A female asked advice on depression ir feeling down and I was horrified at the replies....basically went along the lines of, get lost this aint the samaritans its a swingers site. We pointec out that this may be the only way of reaching out that this person may have.....we got shot down by regular forum users. .. can be a nasty place with nasty people."

I don't remember that but I can believe it.

"I remember one a year or so ago. A female asked advice on depression ir feeling down and I was horrified at the replies....basically went along the lines of, get lost this aint the samaritans its a swingers site. We pointec out that this may be the only way of reaching out that this person may have.....we got shot down by regular forum users. .. can be a nasty place with nasty people."
I do remember that post and many like it where people have asked genuine questions about one thing or another..but not its seems the norm to be accused of starting look at me posts just for simply doing any kind of post at all these days

Glenrothes

I always thought the forum was the place where anything could be asked, not just about sex, orgasms, toys etc. We are all a community with many of us knowing each other from socials etc and often chatting on here is the only form of outlet some people have. I would rather someone talked on here about their depression than bottle it up, or if there are issues surrounding any factor of their lives. We all have experience and knowledge that we can share.

edinburgh

"I always thought the forum was the place where anything could be asked, not just about sex, orgasms, toys etc. We are all a community with many of us knowing each other from socials etc and often chatting on here is the only form of outlet some people have. I would rather someone talked on here about their depression than bottle it up, or if there are issues surrounding any factor of their lives. We all have experience and knowledge that we can share."

Unfortunately too many that think they know it all and jump on posts to look smart..... And totally fail

Falkirk

Well my tolerance level has dropped through the floor yet again.

I am now sick of trying to offer an olive branch to people and trying to smooth things over so from now on, instead of walking on by, I think I will just take a leaf out of their book and report them every time.

I may feel differently tomorrow but at the moment I'm sick of trying to help people on here so I'm thinking, why bother????

The nasty, intolerant rude people will never win, if they don't like me - great. Join the growing band of people that don't. I'm really not bothered.

But don't whine about being a grown up when all you can do is whine like a 4 year old about how it's so unfair when you get back what you give out.

Karma is a bitch and when it bites you in the ass, it doesn't just nip, it takes a great white shark size bite!

Laters

Glenrothes

"Well my tolerance level has dropped through the floor yet again.

I am now sick of trying to offer an olive branch to people and trying to smooth things over so from now on, instead of walking on by, I think I will just take a leaf out of their book and report them every time.

I may feel differently tomorrow but at the moment I'm sick of trying to help people on here so I'm thinking, why bother????

The nasty, intolerant rude people will never win, if they don't like me - great. Join the growing band of people that don't. I'm really not bothered.

But don't whine about being a grown up when all you can do is whine like a 4 year old about how it's so unfair when you get back what you give out.

Karma is a bitch and when it bites you in the ass, it doesn't just nip, it takes a great white shark size bite!

Laters "

I don't bite like a shark, but wouldn't mind a nibble on your chest

"I used to feel like this about the forums.....but now this time around I look at things differently and have reassessed why u am here....I don't take everything as serious now.....I look and laugh at the twats, constant thread hoggers, people who think they are the superior forum gods etc....some people think the forums and the site would fall down if they weren't around......end of the day smile and get on with life these people on the forums disappear when you close your laptop or switch of your pc....and the world goes back to normal ....lol

Smile and be happy and the world smiles back at ya was thinking in leaving this site

due to that thread

but why should I

it should be the forum bullies "

Bullies here? Never seen any, but then again I work most if the day. Define bully ????