FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Woman killed by whale.

Woman killed by whale.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just saw the news that a woman trainer has died at Seaworld after being dragged into the water by a killer whale. Very tragic but FFS, the clue is in the name!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yea it is awful news. when we were there a couple of yrs ago they wanted volunteers from the audience to go feed them down on the platform, my then 6 yr old wanted to go down but as u say the "Killer" part of the name stopped me from allowing this .... tragic nevertheless

"Yea it is awful news. when we were there a couple of yrs ago they wanted volunteers from the audience to go feed them down on the platform, my then 6 yr old wanted to go down but as u say the "Killer" part of the name stopped me from allowing this .... tragic nevertheless "

I think a lot of people would feel like that and no one will go near them now!! Apparently this whale had killed before as well!!! Time to release it back into the wild methinks!!

Unfortunately a whale can't just be released into the wild as whales are sociable animals and belong in pods.

what???...like i pods??

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

It really is about time they started calling them by their real names Orcas. Normally they are very gentle creatures and do not really deserve the name Killer Whale.

But such a tragic happening

"Unfortunately a whale can't just be released into the wild as whales are sociable animals and belong in pods."

Good point, well made Laine. I don't think any of them should be in captivity. I know why they are and they are really well cared for and reared but I always think its quite sad to see a magnificent creature like that in captivity. I'm just a big softie at heart really!!!

"Unfortunately a whale can't just be released into the wild as whales are sociable animals and belong in pods.

Good point, well made Laine. I don't think any of them should be in captivity. I know why they are and they are really well cared for and reared but I always think its quite sad to see a magnificent creature like that in captivity. I'm just a big softie at heart really!!!"

I agree with you too, I hate to see something so magnificent swimming in something which must be about as big as a bath to him, instead of ranging the seas/oceans xxxxx

You been watching me taking a bath laine? Hope the toothache is gone by the way.

This tragic story just shows that you really cannot tame any wild animals

Unfortunately many of those animals in captivity cannot be rehabilitated into the wild, but I would like to see them put an end to the animals having to perform silly tricks in front of audiences.

"You been watching me taking a bath laine? Hope the toothache is gone by the way.

This tragic story just shows that you really cannot tame any wild animals"

still got toothache lol xxx

Get to tescos and buy their own brand ibruprofen. If it doesnt work on ya toothache, yo can slap me silly, lol

i`ve been trying to tame the wild animal i married 16 years ago,but she`s still unpredictable and can still be nasty at times, but you know what they say it`s down to the owner lmao

An animal in its natural habitat is a beautiful sight, held captive is sad enough,made to flip over and do tricks is the worst.

The gorgeous tiger at edinburgh zoo i recall walking round n round n round in his section of the zoo was bloody heart breaking to see!!!

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

yes an that poor polar bear.Whata differnce now shes in the wild life park at Kingussie loads of room.and in the snow recently she was having the time of her life

wild animals are just that....none the less a tragic thing to happen.

i strongly dissagree with Zoos and have never and would never take my children to a zoo. They have been to a safari park, but a zoo is a no no.

When in the carribean I took my kids swimming with dolphins and it was humbling to realise just how intelligent these beautiful animals were, indeed the dolphin protected my daughter from being squashed when the 'obligatory' pictures were being taken.

In retrospect... sad that they are used as an entertainment tool for tourists and the likes.

vol

xx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Having been to Seaworld and walked back out as it was upsetting to watch them performing tricks in what is for them a very small space , it isn't surprising that one turned.

The whole place shouldn't be allowed.

Let me loose.

People who know me, are aware of one of the things I do for a living.

I have travelled the length and breadth of the UK lecturing at Uni on the plight of Marine Mammals.

The Orca, although a family orientated mammal can live on its own. We have a small pod in the Clyde.

Remember Keiko, for years Keiko was held in captivity and used in the "Free Willy" movies.

A campaign was set up for his release into the wild, he returned successfully but eventually died FREE in the Norwegian Fjords.

Nothing to say Tilly cannot make the adjustment to freedom. Unfortunately at 30yrs old this may prove too much.

I am totally against Marine Parks and hate any sign of exploitation of these magnificent creatures.

Another for me whilst we are on the subject is the Shark tanks.

WTF.... the species in the tanks are meant to be native to the UK, so WTF are Sand Tigers doing in there.

Sand Tiger Sharks are not native to the UK.

The big one in North Queensferry has osteoporosis due to living in cramped conditions.

Christ I even hate family goldfish

Who saw "Finding Nemo" What part of the movie did you not understand

They belong in the OPEN OCEAN not a fuckin circus.

RANT OVER

Whats worse than a dog eating your shoe? A whale eating yer trainer ... bad i know but hey G xx

By *igtechMan  over a year ago

Stonehaven

Coming soon FREE WILLY 3 thehe whales fight back !!!!!!!! totally disagree with keeping em in captivity saw them in natural enviroment amazing creatures wonder if sturgeon n salmond fancy job at seaworld

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

release them all back to the wild empty the big pools n throw all the wee neds n arses in them n we can go throw dead wet fish at em...pmsfl id pay tae dae that.....lol

By *entscotscplCouple  over a year ago

falkirk ish

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm aye well

whats worse than your dog eating your shoe ???????????????????????

a killer whale eating its trainer llf

I have been to Seaworld in Florida and had a whale of a time.

reports in florida say another woman had a lucky escape days before the killer whale killed its trainer.she went down to feed the whales wearing a T shirts with celtic to win the league on it. and the whale said im not swallowing that .

i totally argee they should all be released and not kept in such small quarters...

its a reason the top fin bends over.. its from going round and round and round in the pools/tanks...

» Add a new message to this topic