FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Has Spring Sprung Yet?

Has Spring Sprung Yet?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As the clocks are going forward this weekend to mark the start of British Summer Time, are we all feeling summery yet?.....and does the summertime change your mood?

I have started to notice the mornings being brighter, and feel better myself about getting up in the morning! (Hate getting up in the dark and coming home in the dark! )

Is this the opposite of S.A.D or does the thought of warm weather, bright days, freshly cut grass (ACHOOO!!)chilled wine and beer, and the smell of the BBQ just make you want to SMILE! ??????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I went shopping this morning and felt decidedly spring like was wearing open toed sandals and had left my big jacket at home deff feels better now than a few weeks ago

But maybe its cos Im not arguing with my daughters cos they are bored and wont go outside cos "its wet and cold" never stopped me when I was their ages in fact this week I have only seen my girls to feed them and send them to school.

Shona

x x x

yes deffo puts the spring back in your step. being able to get back out in the garden and listening to all the birds singing (feathered variety lol ). watching my wee rabbit (live variety)

jumping about in her run. they defo know spring has sprung .

yes i definately would say my flower has bloomed

mrs h xxxx

By *alakMan  over a year ago

Milan

the long days make me happy and I am looking forward to daylight saving time...

Last week I was smelling the air late at night and could sniff the scent of the grass and flowers pushing out. There's something magic, unmistakable and unspeakable about the scent of Spring. I also find myself more argumentative and much hornier!

Unfortunately the last few cold and wet days didn't feel like Spring at all to me...

"the long days make me happy and I am looking forward to daylight saving time...

Last week I was smelling the air late at night and could sniff the scent of the grass and flowers pushing out. There's something magic, unmistakable and unspeakable about the scent of Spring. I also find myself more argumentative and much hornier!

Unfortunately the last few cold and wet days didn't feel like Spring at all to me..."

i would have to agree , its been so wet and wild in the mornings ( or is that just me heheheh ) but seriously even my dogs are refusing to go out !!

So roll on the warm summer holidays and by my recollection that's usually only a fortnight in May ...lol

After posting this last noght....woke up this morning and it's pissing down!! Oh Well!

Yes, agree with the previous responses, you do see more people with a spring in their step from now on towards the summer.

Can't wait to get into the open toe sandals again!...neither can Pip!

Shona, cant wait to get the kids outside playing again, so we can get peace to go online! pmsl!!

Mrs H x what a blooming lovely flower you have!

Galak...you maybe wanna try smoking that grass rather than smelling it!

M... you can get wet n wild with us anytime hunny! xx

p.s. Bought a brill fire pit for £20 in ASDA the other night, so we can sit out even later into the night, on those balmy summer evenings. (and a new fleece!)

"After posting this last noght....woke up this morning and it's pissing down!! Oh Well!

Yes, agree with the previous responses, you do see more people with a spring in their step from now on towards the summer.

Can't wait to get into the open toe sandals again!...neither can Pip!

Shona, cant wait to get the kids outside playing again, so we can get peace to go online! pmsl!!

Mrs H x what a blooming lovely flower you have!

Galak...you maybe wanna try smoking that grass rather than smelling it!

M... you can get wet n wild with us anytime hunny! xx

p.s. Bought a brill fire pit for £20 in ASDA the other night, so we can sit out even later into the night, on those balmy summer evenings. (and a new fleece!)"

lol So when do u exactly get back from your holiday ..... we could meet at airport hehehe x

Can't really tell as there is good Scottish mist over Edinburgh , right now

By *lackbird186Man  over a year ago

west glasgow

summer is like a bust bed spring - when you are looking for it you can't find it then when you dont it nipps you in the ass

"summer is like a bust bed spring - when you are looking for it you can't find it then when you dont it nipps you in the ass "

Soo true!.....so best be prepared, and have a case of beers safely stored in garage or shed,( and a bottle of "taboo" or "Cinzano" for the ladies), Frozen BBQ foods (burgers etc), and frozen part baked french stick thingys (baguette's), and bag of charcoal on hand (you can always pick up a bag of salad on the day (last thing peeps look for)........just in case that day arrives unexpected!!!

lighter nights and more daylight, give you better energy, went walkin New Lanark last week and Loch Lomond today, Jamie and Misty xx

Oh Spring is definitely here, enjoyed my 1st outdoor fun session of the year a couple of weeks ago!!

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Spring???? It's feckin snowing. wtf???

Mmmm

The smell of summer...all those long hot days with dry grass and warm winds. Just perfect conditions for a trip into the undergrowth for a quickie behind a tree, or a long slow, deep ride in a cornfield.

Yes, I am looking forward to it all over again.

Jx

"Spring???? It's feckin snowing. wtf??? "

i agree i passed cars today with snow on the roofs and thought is this ment to be summer i dont think i will get rid of the woolys yet.

Mr Me

[Removed by poster at 29/03/10 22:52:55]

"Mmmm

The smell of summer...all those long hot days with dry grass and warm winds. Just perfect conditions for a trip into the undergrowth for a quickie behind a tree, or a long slow, deep ride in a cornfield.

Yes, I am looking forward to it all over again.

Jx"

Not too many cornfields around these parts, but plenty of grassy moorland. Or beside a meandering burn or on a loch shore, roll on!!

"Spring???? It's feckin snowing. wtf???

i agree i passed cars today with snow on the roofs and thought is this ment to be summer i dont think i will get rid of the woolys yet.

Mr Me"

Yep, serious rain and snow forecast for the next few days so I'm afraid Spring is on hold!!!

Spoke too soon on this topic, It was snowing earlier arghhhhhh

Ahhhhh.....the first snows of spring....takes me back to my childhood in the last ice age and the time when old bingo hathaway slipped on the ice while running from runnong from a big ugly dinosaur....no....not Mrs stu...but a big tyraanisoreeyes rex.......laugh....we all pissed ourselves

YEP!!! Snowing again!!

And blizzards forecast for next few days!....WTF!!

Ah well pack the sunbathing thong away for another few months!

By *ighlandcouple40Couple  over a year ago

Inverness

Yup, blowing a blizzard here, freezing, snow lying what next!!!!!

Thought the weather was supposed to get better!!! those poors lambs!

Lorraine xx

You can always pop the lambs in your hot tub when it arrives, if that doesn`t do the trick borrow Tom & Pips BBQ. Can we get an invite pls.

Guess who contracted a landscaper/builder to do her garden and lay a drive now the spring is here and the lighter nights are upon us? .... poor guys had to lash themselves to the skip to save from being blown away!

"You can always pop the lambs in your hot tub when it arrives, if that doesn`t do the trick borrow Tom & Pips BBQ. Can we get an invite pls. "

Hee hee anytime you two! xx Have BBQ'd in the snow before!!

....BUT what is this like!! Easter Weekend and we might have blizzards, "I don't believe it!" as Victor would say.

Has spring sprung ? No. easy answer as i look at 3 inches of snow and gale force winds lol.

spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have been flooded grrrrrrrrrr

"spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we have been flooded grrrrrrrrrr "
hope it aint too bad

Going by todays weather it looks like we've missed it

The spring is in the air

I'll see lovers everywhere

I'm singing a song

I won't do anything wrong........la la laaaala laaaaa

Awwwwww those poor "Doggers" my heart goes out to you guys, if it`s not the cold, it`s the feckin midges.

"Awwwwww those poor "Doggers" my heart goes out to you guys, if it`s not the cold, it`s the feckin midges. "

» Add a new message to this topic