FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Bloody "professional"

Bloody "professional"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lackbird186 OP   Man  over a year ago

west glasgow

ok this is a rant so look away all ye who cant be bothered

why oh why do folk put " professional" when what they mean is that they have a job and work 9-5.

or is it snob value " im a professional" - so you have a C&G cert. wow

whats worse than a " professional" is a "semi professional" ahhhhhhhhhhhh i hate that word.

you dont get semi pro dentists or semi pro brain surgeons ( some would like to be semi pro gynocolagists tho) so why dont these so called semi pros get real and call them selfs "good amatures" as that is what they are.

the best example is a photographer - if you make a living doing photography and it is your main job then you are a pro photogapher. if you go out and do the odd photo then you are a "good amature " who makes the odd buck - you are not "semi professional".

thats like saying a semi hardon is a hardon its not and most folk would prefer the hardon than the soft one .

PS not a professional spellar

rant over now you can ignore all the above

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

do you feel better for it thats the question!!

i tend to avoid the word professional in case they are snobby and wouldnt feel at ease in a council house!

i dont feel its relevant to use it but dare say some do for a wide variety of reasonx xx

not bodie or doyle then?

I dont really mind the word professional proffessional or proffesional I dont use it cos I can bloody spell it

Reality is Im not one I barely scraped by fourth year at high school and the idea of college and uni scared the hell out of me so I went off to work.

What annoys me is when I get told to go see the health care professional ffs its the nurse or the doctor not a bloody health care professional!! Nurses train for years as do doctors so give them the title they worked hard to get, not belittle them with a generic one.

I never used to use the word cunt or twat cos I hated the words soooooo badly I would shout at Steven for using said word, however I now find myself shouting twat and cunt at the news whenever I see some plum asking for my vote

Anyway the point Im trying to make is its just a word and I feel if someone asks for a professional they mean someone who is doing some sort of managerial work (ie the boss) not the cleaner as I used to be.

Shona

x x x

[Removed by poster at 19/04/10 16:31:20]

I have it in my Profile, it's not a Posh thing or one up manship of any kind, it's a similar thing to using other words to describe yourself, I'm a Manager for a large Company and I personally think putting Manager would cause a similar reaction

It doesn't mean they have a job and work 9-5 at all! Traditionally it means they have studied for and obtained a degree in a professional field and are, by definition, well salaried and are involved in creative and/or intellectually challenging work.

Think the questions is...why does it really bother you so much? Whats the real issue? Is there some sort of inferiority complex there?

People can put whatever they want on their profile if they think it helps them attract the right kind of person. Personally, it doesn't really make all that difference to me. I studied for 4 years to get a Hons degree and I'm damn proud of it!! I don't put professional on my profile because I don't judge myself by that criteria but some do. Same as some people put 'I'm well hung' on their profile when in reality, it doesn't matter a damn to most people!

BTW, semi professional is two words!

"It doesn't mean they have a job and work 9-5 at all! Traditionally it means they have studied for and obtained a degree in a professional field and are, by definition, well salaried and are involved in creative and/or intellectually challenging work."

I have only quoted this part of your reply because I think it makes a good point and its that point I want to answer.

I think people who have studied for years to get their qualifications and continue this throughout thier working life are by my definition professionals HOWEVER if I was to say I am a professional I would be a liar since I left full time education when I was 16 and never studied after then. But some people say they are a professional but they are a security guard or cleaner I have been a cleaner thats not a professional job thats a stop gap to pay the bills til something better comes along or thats how many see that type of employment.

But then as long as you pay your bills and enjoy life who cares if you are the bank manager or if you are the banks cleaner??

I have to admit tho that if I read a profile that says "professional seeking same" I hit the back button even tho I am well read and can converse about many subjects I am not what that person (or people) are looking for, I do not judge them for their choices. Maybe I see it as someone using it as a way to cut down on unwanted attention or emails from people they have no interest in??

Shona

x x x

By *hickencurryCouple  over a year ago

brisbane

i always thought that it gives a small insight to what type of person they are and what type of people they would like to meet. Probably more polite than putting "nae neds". But i maybe wrong they may just be up their own arses.

ps we are professionals

Anything anyone puts on a profile is THEIR choice.

We are NOT all looking for the same things and as a result will structure and word our profile accordingly!

Also to clarify...if you are a member of the learned professions..such as a lawyer..you are a professional..equally certain qualifications have a professional endorsement...however

following an occupation as a means of supporting yourself is also considered professional..but different from the former two...does it matter?

I am a professional but dont have that on my profile though as I have met people from all walks of life and bluntly..education or title does NOT stop you being a wanker! lol

(although it can mean you CAN not will meet people you are more likely to have somnething in common with..other than sex)

All that aside..we all need to remember that this is a hobby and as such we ALL have preferences and even if that means you have a small segmment of this community to chose from..then so be it.

A preference is just that..like; no smokers, vwe, athletic, bbw, hot, sexy, filthy, local, can accomodate etc

I like the fact that people state what they like and dont...why? Because I am not a number, i wont have sex with just anyone and nor would I want to have sex with someone that would shag anything or a 1 legged hairy clipshear should the opportunity arise!

Vive La Difference!

Vol

xx

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

In the U.K. a tradesman is considered a professional as are nurses secretary and a lot more and by that definition probably about 60% of males and females (maybe more) on fab can label themselves professional, but I would think most dont feel it has any relevance to swinging.

We dont care what a person does for a living and dont look to meet cpls according to the job they do, we only want to know about their personality.

So anyone want to meet a str8 male bi fem professional cpl?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think threads started with a rant about what people write on their own profile just as bad.

If you don't like what you read on a profile, hit the back button and you don't have to read it again.

Is a nurse on her period not a bloody professional?

By *1cebren4uWoman  over a year ago

clydebank

"Is a nurse on her period not a bloody professional?

"

pmsl sorry cudnt resist to laugh xxx

Amateur professionalism

Sits back and watches with interest.

Hey all,

I live with a professional wanker! He very professionally gets on my tits every waking moment!

Does that count?

"Hey all,

I live with a professional wanker! He very professionally gets on my tits every waking moment!

Does that count?"

pmsl

semi professional yoni master cos i do it fr the pleasure lol

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I call myself a "professional stunt idiot"..... does that myself bad?????

» Add a new message to this topic