FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Watching the England games in Scotland

Watching the England games in Scotland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Trying to decide where to watch the game tonight, nightmare trying to find a nice neutral pub to watch it or I'll be stuck watching it at home to save the tension

Any other English having the same problem? lol

Geek

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'll play it safe and watch it at home lol

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Home would be the best option mate

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

Go to a rangers pub

god save the queen

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

Why?what do You thinks going to happen to You?

"Why?what do You thinks going to happen to You?"

Nothing's going to happen to me, it's just listening to the anti English muppets

Geek

Defo the house Geek as you can buy a case of beer do £8 and I'm sure mrs beauty can get you some nibbles too??? Nutella and skooshy cream for half time? Must all be on breasts and licked clean'...... Better than any pub?

didn't like the comment about anti english "muppets", for that we now hope you lot get stuffed good and proper. We are true Scots, not muppets

Geek, to be fair it works both ways.

A few years ago i was in Manchester on a day when England were playing, i was advised by the hotel manager not to go out as Scottish people wouldnt be safe.

That said i understand the point you are making.

"didn't like the comment about anti english "muppets", for that we now hope you lot get stuffed good and proper. We are true Scots, not muppets"

So to be true scots means hating the English? lol

And in reference to the muppets, it's the ones that want to be as loud as possible about hating everything English while others are trying to enjoy the team we love.

Geek

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Oh boy Geek! Hope you are ready for the onslaught.

I have experienced muppets in both sides of the border!

Personally I am supporting England tonight in support of my fellow country men.

Shy

Yes me

C'mon England!

By *oversforfun2000Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Think you will find most ppl aren't anti English but anti English media, these are 2 different things entirely!!

Do I wish to see England win...no but then again I'm a closet Italian!! Lol!!

It's sad in this day and age that the Scottish/English hatred, for want of a better word, exists and you have to consider staying home to watch a game of football instead of enjoying a pint down the pub watching it. As far as I'm aware, unless the Yes/No vote has happened and Alex the twat has had his way, we're all British after all. I'll be cheering on England tonight and if that doesn't make me a 'true Scot', in some peoples eyes, then tough shit!!!

As for the Yes/No vote I'm more for Scottish independence funny enough but that's a different story lol

Geek

Football - a gathering of people with low intelligence who think that their version of history and politics should have an impact on the game! Next you'll be asking me what team do I support!!

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple  over a year ago

markinch

"Trying to decide where to watch the game tonight, nightmare trying to find a nice neutral pub to watch it or I'll be stuck watching it at home to save the tension

Any other English having the same problem? lol

Geek "

I think you may find that by the time the england game comes on that most scots will be pissed n home lol and not overly bothered, . But i do think you will be struggling to find an only england supporters pub , bar in glasgow lol.

By *picyspiregirlCouple  over a year ago

chesterfield

"Football - a gathering of people with low intelligence who think that their version of history and politics should have an impact on the game! Next you'll be asking me what team do I support!! "

It's a good job that chap of low intelligence was at the spuds v Bolton game a couple of years ago, the chap who saved fabrice muamba.

Referring to those who spoil it for the guy who started the thread!

"I think you may find that by the time the england game comes on that most scots will be pissed n home lol and not overly bothered, . But i do think you will be struggling to find an only england supporters pub , bar in glasgow lol. "
Probably got more chance finding a teenage virgin in Glasgow lol

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Football - a gathering of people with low intelligence who think that their version of history and politics should have an impact on the game! Next you'll be asking me what team do I support!! "

And I thought it was just a game.

In a scouser accent...calm down calm down

p.s. Well done Italy

I went to little England (helensburgh) and watched it in the pub. Hate being English up here when the world cup is on. Have been spat on, threatened, shouted at, barred (for daring to stand up to a bully) and even been refused a taxi cos I was English. I've been here 33 yrs.

Like all bullying if it doesn't happen to u u assume it doesn't happen, or it is banter or a joke. U wanna try being on the receiving side sometimes.

I think I've been lucky up here, never had a problem being English in Scotland. Mind you I am Scouse so maybe I just take the banter in the way it's intended. Was chuffed with all the support LFC got last season from people in my local. You get numpties anywhere it's not exclusively English or Scottish. Live and let live xx

"I think I've been lucky up here, never had a problem being English in Scotland. Mind you I am Scouse so maybe I just take the banter in the way it's intended. Was chuffed with all the support LFC got last season from people in my local. You get numpties anywhere it's not exclusively English or Scottish. Live and let live xx

"

Geek

Not just National team bullying that goes on.

In the West of Scotland people assume you are one religion or the other, which in turn spouts out you went to one school or another, which leads to the team you support.

I am a Scot, and a patriot at that but never did fall into the West Coast mindset.

As for the World Cup, we WOULD support England if it wasn't for the likes of Fanny Lineker and his cohorts and their biased view on the game.

We do know what happened in 1966 the host nation cheated and rigged the matches, paid off a Russian linesman etc. and have won nothing since.

As for it only being a game ask the victims of domestic violence every weekend, the families of those who have perished at so called games and those who have lost their lives in the name of football.

I used to play at Junior level and went on trial with a few clubs both in the SPL and the English Premiership but chose to take up Boxing as it was safer an I didn't have to listen to the numbskulls that follow certain teams

I'm English and live in Scotland and to be fair I never find it a problem there is the occasional few that say things but then again I hear it in England about the Scott's. And I find it loads easier if your not a football fan like myself then there no upset as to who wins on the day .....

"As for it only being a game ask the victims of domestic violence every weekend, the families of those who have perished at so called games and those who have lost their lives in the name of football."

You are, of course, including wives of guys on both sides of the old firm and other Scottish teams in that statement as well I take it?

"As for it only being a game ask the victims of domestic violence every weekend, the families of those who have perished at so called games and those who have lost their lives in the name of football.

You are, of course, including wives of guys on both sides of the old firm and other Scottish teams in that statement as well I take it?"

Not just the old firm but every derby match the world over, however it is a disease that we in the West put up with every time they play each other.

"I think I've been lucky up here, never had a problem being English in Scotland. Mind you I am Scouse so maybe I just take the banter in the way it's intended.

"

I'm glad u haven't experienced it but trust me 33 yrs in the west of scotland and I take banter and patter in my stride, as living up here gives u a great sense of humour.

No one who is a victim of bullying and abuse brings it on themselves.

"I think I've been lucky up here, never had a problem being English in Scotland. Mind you I am Scouse so maybe I just take the banter in the way it's intended.

I'm glad u haven't experienced it but trust me 33 yrs in the west of scotland and I take banter and patter in my stride, as living up here gives u a great sense of humour.

No one who is a victim of bullying and abuse brings it on themselves.

"

Lived in Lindin for 3 years and was subject to a continual barrage of "Porridge Wog" people inferring that as a Scotsman I was predisposed to alcoholism and domestic violence, born in a country that had a subsidy junkie mentality so it's not just a one way street. There are Scottish arseholes and there are English arseholes and I don't discriminate I find either to be equally offensive. I still hope England get fecking pumped in every game and it has hee haw to do with anti English hatred.....I'm just fucking sick hearing about 1966!! Hooks baited, cast in....wonder who'll bite?

» Add a new message to this topic