FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Gay .....

Gay .....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

This question has been prompted since it was gay pride day in Glasgow today.

Do you think people are born gay or is it a lifestyle choice?

discuss

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They are born gay,they have a missing gromason,(sorry can't spell) however now adays they don't need to hid it,

I have always wanted a gay male best friend,

Having worked for many years with children my firm belief is born that way.

My younger brother is guy and he said he always knew from a very young age he was even though he waited till he was 18 to come out

I have a gay uncle he told me he knew he was gay since a early teen hes someone I love being in his company hes so funny comes on girls nights out with us

"They are born gay,they have a missing gromason,(sorry can't spell) however now adays they don't need to hid it,

I have always wanted a gay male best friend,"

I have a gay best friend (male) and a cousin whos gay (female) and have had many a discussion with them both on this subject

I watched a documentary in which Dr Christian Jessen went on a journey to find out if people were born gay or if it was a choice was very interesting

"Having worked for many years with children my firm belief is born that way. "
I believe that too jinty i predicted a couple of kids at my kids school would be gay when they grew up and I was right about them all.

Born this way. I've done the predictor thing with kids I've known. Only ones been wrong and I think he's so far in the closet he's in Narnia.

"I have a gay uncle he told me he knew he was gay since a early teen hes someone I love being in his company hes so funny comes on girls nights out with us "
Gay men are so much fun on a night out

"They are born gay,they have a missing gromason,(sorry can't spell) however now adays they don't need to hid it,

I have always wanted a gay male best friend,"

I had a gay male best friend for many years. Sadly, no longer with us. He was the kindest, funniest, most caring, loving, supportive, down right outrageous human being ever and I miss him like crazy. He used to brush my hair...and I loved that. I often wonder what he would make of Miss McGinty.... He would laugh his socks off.....

"Born this way. I've done the predictor thing with kids I've known. Only ones been wrong and I think he's so far in the closet he's in Narnia."
this made me chuckle

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think you are born with your sexuality already decided.

I don't think it is a lifestyle choice as you have to feel some sort of attraction to the other person no matter what sex they are.

"I think you are born with your sexuality already decided.

I don't think it is a lifestyle choice as you have to feel some sort of attraction to the other person no matter what sex they are."

What about those who live in denial, marry and have children and live in a hetrosexual relationship for the rest of their lifes ?...thats a choice not to live as gay ..so the question has to be does that person still think of themself as gay if they choose not to come out of the closet and admit it ?

"I think you are born with your sexuality already decided.

I don't think it is a lifestyle choice as you have to feel some sort of attraction to the other person no matter what sex they are.What about those who live in denial, marry and have children and live in a hetrosexual relationship for the rest of their lifes ?...thats a choice not to live as gay ..so the question has to be does that person still think of themself as gay if they choose not to come out of the closet and admit it ? "

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think that it is society's view of people and who they sleep with.

I couldn't care less what people do behind closed doors but other people aren't so understanding.

After all it is not that long ago that you could be jailed for gay sex.

"I think that it is society's view of people and who they sleep with.

I couldn't care less what people do behind closed doors but other people aren't so understanding.

After all it is not that long ago that you could be jailed for gay sex."

In todays society women are defo more open to peoples sexuality than men are, and men are more tolerant to gay women than gay men which is pretty sad in 2014

Ok so wot about. Bi sexual

"Ok so wot about. Bi sexual "
I think bisexuality is the same its something thats in you whether you choose to act on it is the choice.

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

Some people know when there young.

I didn't know 100% sure till I was in my 20's.

Some people denied it for years. I know 1 guy who was married, had kids (now almost my age). He said he lived a lie for years.

Really at the end of the day love is love whether it be man & woman, woman & woman, man & man, etc. It should be embraced.

"Some people know when there young.

I didn't know 100% sure till I was in my 20's.

Some people denied it for years. I know 1 guy who was married, had kids (now almost my age). He said he lived a lie for years.

Really at the end of the day love is love whether it be man & woman, woman & woman, man & man, etc. It should be embraced. "

I totally agree with all you've said. acceptance says more about the people who can than those who cant i think xx

By *hybutnaughtyoneWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think it is nature not nurture . As for it being illegal , it still is in many countries and punishable by death!

I recently went to see s play about the very subject of how it was illegal to be gay. It was funny , sad and harrowing in parts. Made me think how lucky I am , not too many prejudices being a straight white female!

Mx

"I think it is nature not nurture . As for it being illegal , it still is in many countries and punishable by death!

I recently went to see s play about the very subject of how it was illegal to be gay. It was funny , sad and harrowing in parts. Made me think how lucky I am , not too many prejudices being a straight white female!

Mx"

the program i watched was called cure me Im gay and was very harrowing too to watch

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

"I think it is nature not nurture . As for it being illegal , it still is in many countries and punishable by death!

Mxthe program i watched was called cure me Im gay and was very harrowing too to watch "

Its still terrible to think that being gay is still punishable by death in certain countries. I'm sure many gay people who were born in these countries have moved to out/away due to this.

Mxthe program i watched was called cure me Im gay and was very harrowing too to watch

Its still terrible to think that being gay is still punishable by death in certain countries. I'm sure many gay people who were born in these countries have moved to out/away due to this.

"

Yeah and how many were pushed out not walked out

By *hybutnaughtyoneWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Mxthe program i watched was called cure me Im gay and was very harrowing too to watch

Yeah and how many were pushed out not walked out "

within the commonwealth there are 44 countries where it is illegal to be gay. The play I went to see highlighted 44 stories one from each of these countries.some were that badly beaten they nearly died and now live in a different country. One story was harrowing it was a transcript of CCTV footage describing how "it" had blows to the head and how "it" was doused in petrol and set alight. That nearly brought me to tears...and even in 2014 in London there was a guy spraying bleach on gay people because he didn't like gays!

Yeah and how many were pushed out not walked out

within the commonwealth there are 44 countries where it is illegal to be gay. The play I went to see highlighted 44 stories one from each of these countries.some were that badly beaten they nearly died and now live in a different country. One story was harrowing it was a transcript of CCTV footage describing how "it" had blows to the head and how "it" was doused in petrol and set alight. That nearly brought me to tears...and even in 2014 in London there was a guy spraying bleach on gay people because he didn't like gays!

"

All pretty sad, maybe one day people will be accepted just for being people and not sexual orientation

By *uvhandleMan  over a year ago

Huntly

As for bisexual.....i think everyone is bisexual, it just depends on the person if they let the stigma rule their lives or are brave enough to be true to themselves and act on their feelings....just my thoughts

To quote the great Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder - "Everybody is a little bit gay sometimes". Sexually is complex and primal, it's driven by physical lust and mental stimulation and for some it might be obvious from the outset but I personally think there is more at play than just being born gay. That's almost like saying people are born to be paedophiles because that's their sexual preference. We are shaped by many external factors, but I say if it feels good then do it. Even if it feels wrong, do it too, as long as it's consensual and legal. There is so much great sex out there, why pigeon-whole yourself? Maybe I'm just greedy... my Mum would agree I was born with wide eyes and a very curious mind.

I think you're born with a predisposition towards a certain sexuality, BUT you need someone around you or to have an experience to awaken you to that. And even then you may decide it's not for you anyway. Or end up liking both!

By *ionaScarletTV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

"

It's chromosome - and missing chromosomes doesn't make you gay... it makes you a dolphin... or possibly a Eurasian Badger

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

It's chromosome - and missing chromosomes doesn't make you gay... it makes you a dolphin... or possibly a Eurasian Badger"

lol was just saying that to someone this morning

"This question has been prompted since it was gay pride day in Glasgow today.

Do you think people are born gay or is it a lifestyle choice?

discuss "

Don't think in this day and age it really matters to us, gay/straight it's all the same, people are people, some are good some are bad.

By *bbi184sTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

Undecided but would actually lean towards nurture as i think the nature argument falls down a bit if you look at the animal kingdom. However for anyone to be stereotyped or pigeon holed today is abhorrent. Whether is be colour,creed, sexuality or choice of your knicker colour far too many people are judgemental. The commonwealth games are a sham as so many countries flout the the terms of membership ie equality,acceptance,understanding etc . I wont be watching it for one

» Add a new message to this topic