FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > childhood memories of the Glesga fair

childhood memories of the Glesga fair

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Mine are of hot sunny days.

Dad finishing at lunch time on fair Friday with his three weeks pay lol

On the Saturday we always got took into town for new summer clothes (dad was very generous with his three weeks pay.. Felt like a millionare back then lol)

We spent our first week on days on day trips eating fish n chips from the wrappers and always had a cone for afters.

Then for the 2nd always went to mum n dad's caravan at Tighnabruaich,god I loved that place and have many good childhood memories from there.

So come on flows what's your memories of the Glesga fair?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Stuck in a traffic jam going over Shap on the way to Blackpool

Mine are of the Greenock Fair. The guys from the ship yards and the girls from the sugar houses getting two weeks wages and getting blootered and putting a huge dent in that wage.

During the fair the buses were on a reduced service and it depended on the drivers if they bothered turning up !!!!

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Down to Ayr day trips here and there . Writing your name in melted tar . Skin peeling after first couple days sunshine sun cream was yuk

"Down to Ayr day trips here and there . Writing your name in melted tar . Skin peeling after first couple days sunshine sun cream was yuk "
writing your new in melted tar my kids don't believe me when I tell them how hot our summers were back then

Name*

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

I think they make tar differently now so harder to do

"I think they make tar differently now so harder to do "
yeah ur probably right lol

For both of us defo Blackpool c

By *eenonfun2Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

The "Shows" up at Glesga Green

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Down to Ayr day trips here and there . Writing your name in melted tar . Skin peeling after first couple days sunshine sun cream was yuk "

Never wrote my name, but as the tar bubbled, we used to burst them!

"Down to Ayr day trips here and there . Writing your name in melted tar . Skin peeling after first couple days sunshine sun cream was yuk

Never wrote my name, but as the tar bubbled, we used to burst them! "

we should have tried it today it was boiling out there

near Glasgow

"Down to Ayr day trips here and there . Writing your name in melted tar . Skin peeling after first couple days sunshine sun cream was yuk

Never wrote my name, but as the tar bubbled, we used to burst them! we should have tried it today it was boiling out there "

It was indeed, but I think they maybe use a different type of tar these days, never see it bubbling! Shame!

Never wrote my name, but as the tar bubbled, we used to burst them! we should have tried it today it was boiling out there

It was indeed, but I think they maybe use a different type of tar these days, never see it bubbling! Shame! "

Yeah we said that way up there ^^^^^^

near Glasgow

Never wrote my name, but as the tar bubbled, we used to burst them! we should have tried it today it was boiling out there

It was indeed, but I think they maybe use a different type of tar these days, never see it bubbling! Shame! Yeah we said that way up there ^^^^^^ "

Oh excuse me, MissD!

It was indeed, but I think they maybe use a different type of tar these days, never see it bubbling! Shame! Yeah we said that way up there ^^^^^^

Oh excuse me, MissD! "

Your excused bothy

near Glasgow

It was indeed, but I think they maybe use a different type of tar these days, never see it bubbling! Shame! Yeah we said that way up there ^^^^^^

Oh excuse me, MissD! Your excused bothy "

You're too kind.

Oh excuse me, MissD! Your excused bothy

You're too kind. "

Of course i am sweetie

near Glasgow

You're too kind. Of course i am sweetie "

Aye rite! And by the way, "i" is actually spelt 'I'.

You're too kind. Of course i am sweetie

Aye rite! And by the way, "i" is actually spelt 'I'. "

Sulking as my summer holiday to Butlins Filey was over for another year.

saltcoats , it seemd like a big adventure we used to stay in a flat back of the station , jESus there could be 20 of us there everyone went , one we scullery, ONE room but every where was a bed , lol

spent days down at the beach picking whelks, and sometimes mussels , days seem longer and my maw,and granny going to the prize bingo first Cpl of wins

A COMPEDIUM OF GAMES , HAHA, just for the weans , lol

» Add a new message to this topic