FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > What to do????....

What to do????....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you follow your mind and stay in a job where you work all hours under the sun for peanuts and want to stay in it because you have made good rapports with staff there and people you look after or do you follow your heart and go where you will make more money, less hours but it's not the area you particularly wanted to work in??? I know the second option sounds better but been offered a better job but when found out I wasn't happy and now left not knowing what to do??? So opinions and thoughts would be much appreciated

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I left my job had enough of it plus my family life is getting more demanding.

So I would say follow your heart do what is right for you

Whatever makes you get out of bed in the morning and look forward to the day is the way to go , money isn't everything in life but being happy and fulfilled in whatever you do is a big plus ! My opinion anyway , good luck in whatever you decide x

"Do you follow your mind and stay in a job where you work all hours under the sun for peanuts and want to stay in it because you have made good rapports with staff there and people you look after or do you follow your heart and go where you will make more money, less hours but it's not the area you particularly wanted to work in??? I know the second option sounds better but been offered a better job but when found out I wasn't happy and now left not knowing what to do??? So opinions and thoughts would be much appreciated "
IN the current economic climate better the devil you know.

Best advice (and I have given it loads because it is the best) go for it. If you don't, you will have a lifetime of "what ifs"

If you don't like it, you can always do something else.

Good luck whichever way you decide to go x

Take a little time, decide which makes you happiest and follow that path even if it is less money and longer hours, your happiness is worth more

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I 'went for it' when I moved my kids to Scotland 7 years ago.

It's meant ALOT less money and a job that's no where near as good but it was ultimately better for them and me.

So do what you think will be best for you - even if it means taking a risk.

By *hebs maloneyWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

stay at your job while lookin for another one

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for all kind words . I have until the 2nd to make my mind up. It is a very true saying money isn't everything. Xxx

I took a promotion under advice, from a job I loved. It was a disaster. Wish I had stayed where I was happy. You live and learn...

By *r.FlirtMan  over a year ago

Livingston

Money isn't the be all & end all if you're stressed to the hilt. Which option will produce less stress for you?

S.

"Money isn't the be all & end all if you're stressed to the hilt. Which option will produce less stress for you?

S."

Absolutely. I ended up doing my own job, my bosses job and HIS bosses job. Nearly killed me...

By *man-223Man  over a year ago

ayr

I recently left a job that I was miserable in and took a job with less money and I am alot happier now than I was before (other than getting up at 3.30am lol) but its best to choose the job that will make u happier as it makes ur working life alot easier

I used to say that I couldn't work ssomewhere I wasn't happy. Left a good paying job because of it but now I'm in a fantastic paying job but the hours are really long and it's really stressful. Its harder to leave because I'm used to not having to worry about bills or my kids future. It's a really hard decision to make and very subjective. Good luck

Can only say I did the same

left an ok job to work more money less hrs

Ended up more money and more hrs

Worse thing I did missed my work mates and stress levels went through the roof !

Luckily my old job took me back lol phew

Better the devil you know

Auds x

» Add a new message to this topic