FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Politics. Confused dot com

Politics. Confused dot com

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I had someone from Labour at my door tonight. They could not tell me why I should vote for them. All I got was vote SNP get a Tory Government. Is that what they call democracy now ??? Just have a slogan.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Conservative

"Conservative "

My dog dose that in the garden

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

" Just have a slogan. "

Chocolate for everyone!

(Unless you're allergic. Then it's tea).

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I had someone from Labour at my door tonight. They could not tell me why I should vote for them. All I got was vote SNP get a Tory Government. Is that what they call democracy now ??? Just have a slogan. "

How much more do you need to be told?

"I had someone from Labour at my door tonight. They could not tell me why I should vote for them. All I got was vote SNP get a Tory Government. Is that what they call democracy now ??? Just have a slogan.

How much more do you need to be told?"

maybe some policies that are different from the tory ones

Glasgow

"I had someone from Labour at my door tonight. They could not tell me why I should vote for them. All I got was vote SNP get a Tory Government. Is that what they call democracy now ??? Just have a slogan.

maybe some policies that are different from the tory ones "

Not voting Tory is a non-Tory policy.

Salmond and, more importantly, the actual SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon have said a million times they will not support the Tories if they fail to get a working majority of MPs after May 7, vote snp get labour out of Scotland!

Glasgow

Only Labour can keep Cameron out of Downing Street.

It's simple maths.

Not voting Tory is a non-Tory policy."

haha heard it all now,so you are really saying liebour have the same policies as the tories

"Only Labour can keep Cameron out of Downing Street.

It's simple maths."

the thing is that ppl arent buying into that anymore because a lot of ppl just see red and blue tories with same policies

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

If salmond holds the balance of power after this election then he will make this country ungovernable. He has already said he will pull miliband's strings and write his budget for him if miliband fails to win a majority and needs snp support to get the keys to Downing street.

First thing salmond will push for is another referendum as he didn't like democracy in action when the majority voted to stay as the UK.

He is the most divisive politician i have ever known and i hope he falls flat on his face on May 7th to teach him some humility and to respect the democrstic process.

By *ife in furCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Vote labour get red tories no difference.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

The biggest problem with all partys is there is zero diffrence through demographics they believe we the people want this that or the other so they all preach from the same song sheet slightly diffrent words the days of far left and far right are gone all partys are now willing to openly lie to gain power I may not like politicians from the past but at least they believed in their bulls**t as for the snp they certainly wont win but they will hold some power and sway with their following be nice to see the grovwlling afterwards

Not voting Tory is a non-Tory policy.

haha heard it all now,so you are really saying liebour have the same policies as the tories "

I would just like to know what policies they have remember the reform of the lords. Then taking trident away. Reform the banks all three have been labour policies. Not one one of them ever done.

"Vote labour get red tories no difference.

"

Glasgow

The problem is that salmond could have influence far beyond the number of people that voted snp. It really could be the tail wagging the dog but that all depends on who wants power the most and are prepared to sell their soul and do a deal with the devil.

"The problem is that salmond could have influence far beyond the number of people that voted snp. It really could be the tail wagging the dog but that all depends on who wants power the most and are prepared to sell their soul and do a deal with the devil."

Never get that from the liberals lol.

By *lue4youCouple  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Bye Bye Labour , Labour Bye Bye

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

"Bye Bye Labour , Labour Bye Bye "

I've honestly gotten to the point where it seems no matter who's in charge I'm going to get poorer or screwed over in some respect. I imagine im not the only one.

That said my vote is my vote. No one else's.We are lucky we get a say. Getting pretty hacked off that now everyone is a political commentator though. And just how rude people can be if someone doesn't agree with them.

"I've honestly gotten to the point where it seems no matter who's in charge I'm going to get poorer or screwed over in some respect. I imagine im not the only one.

That said my vote is my vote. No one else's.We are lucky we get a say. Getting pretty hacked off that now everyone is a political commentator though. And just how rude people can be if someone doesn't agree with them. "

Why Hacked off that is democratic. we can disagree. As long as it's not nasty. Have fun with it. After all life is to short.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I haven't yet met a politician I liked.

I've met one or two who I actually respected in the past, even though I disagreed with their politics - at least they stood by their _iews and didn't try to change them to suit others.

Unfortunately, they ALL seem to be out to line their own pockets at the expense of others and all seem as bad as each other.

Where's Monty Brewster when we need him?

Labour voter and proud !!!!

"Labour voter and proud !!!!"

boooo lol ,but still a great friend youl need to come up for a drink so we can convert you lol

Im voting labour for one reason only.

Katy hopkins has threatened to leave britain if labour get elected.

Please let me drive you to the airport.

See ya

"Im voting labour for one reason only.

See ya "

lets hope she does mate shes nothing but a bigoted troll

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

See ya "

I bet she's always wanted a lift in a big green lorry

See ya

I bet she's always wanted a lift in a big green lorry "

why?when you starting driving for the wankers?

Pretty much is slogans in the USA, might be catching on in the uk then?

Obama had 'yes we can', but didn't say what we can or anything.

Glasgow

I think we can expect lots of slogans and empty words over the next few weeks. I would love to see politicians wired up to a lie detector and the mains. Every porkie they tell they get a jolt, keep lying and the jolt get longer and stronger. Fried politician and chips anyone?

They all follow the same procedure. All the problems were inherited from the previous government, everyone is wrong but them, the snp blame Westminster for everything even things that are fully devolved while heading off to ask Cameron for a bail out of money to help the North Sea Industry after the oil price crash.

All the referendum speeches on how rich we would be floating on all this black gold seems to have been forgotten when a barrel of oil sunk to $49.

Correct me if I am wrong but was salmond not some sort of oil analyst with a bank before going into politics and he got it totally wrong but, like most politicians, will never admit to a mistake or poor judgement.

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

I think John Smith would have made a great leader of the Labour party but unfortunately he passed and we ultimately got Tory B'liar at the helm and that started the demise, as soon as Maggie Thatch said she admired him that should have been enough to get him to f**k and after voting Labour from 18 till Tony I will never vote for them again until they drastically change and once again adopt the ideals on which they were founded I never will. SNP for me.

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

"If salmond holds the balance of power after this election then he will make this country ungovernable. He has already said he will pull miliband's strings and write his budget for him if miliband fails to win a majority and needs snp support to get the keys to Downing street.

First thing salmond will push for is another referendum as he didn't like democracy in action when the majority voted to stay as the UK.

He is the most divisive politician i have ever known and i hope he falls flat on his face on May 7th to teach him some humility and to respect the democrstic process."

Yes but he is not the leader of the SNP so what is he bleating on about?

Glasgow

"If salmond holds the balance of power after this election then he will make this country ungovernable. He has already said he will pull miliband's strings and write his budget for him if miliband fails to win a majority and needs snp support to get the keys to Downing street.

He is the most divisive politician i have ever known and i hope he falls flat on his face on May 7th to teach him some humility and to respect the democrstic process.

Yes but he is not the leader of the SNP so what is he bleating on about?

"

That's what Salmond does. Bleats on about stuff.

Not decided yet who I'm voting but I can say it won't be snp!

"I think John Smith would have made a great leader of the Labour party but unfortunately he passed and we ultimately got Tory B'liar at the helm and that started the demise, as soon as Maggie Thatch said she admired him that should have been enough to get him to f**k and after voting Labour from 18 till Tony I will never vote for them again until they drastically change and once again adopt the ideals on which they were founded I never will. SNP for me."

I tony got private companies in to the NHS a first. Then after 27 years working with the same firm I got the same redundancy as someone just in the door thanks to tony. They gave the banks room to fuck us all. And now they say trust us. I been kicked once to much with labour. Voted for them in the past got maggot thatcher. Time for change.

Glasgow

Problem is that a change might lead to even worse crisis than we have just now.

Alex Salmond is wanting BBC Scotland to be answerable to the Scottish Parliament which is a very slippery road to press censorship.

If you dig behind the rhetoric of Salmond and Sturgeon you have a left wing agenda that even Arthur Scargill would approve of!!

No party is perfect or gets it right all the time. Every party has made some howlers in the past but is voting UKIP or SNP the answer?

With the SNP you are voting for a cult of personality, not policy.

Personally, I'm sick of Wee Nippy already and the campaign hasn't even started properly. Always wanting more, more, more. Everything is about our wee nation instead of looking at the big picture.

"Problem is that a change might lead to even worse crisis than we have just now.

Alex Salmond is wanting BBC Scotland to be answerable to the Scottish Parliament which is a very slippery road to press censorship.

If you dig behind the rhetoric of Salmond and Sturgeon you have a left wing agenda that even Arthur Scargill would approve of!!

No party is perfect or gets it right all the time. Every party has made some howlers in the past but is voting UKIP or SNP the answer?

Personally, I'm sick of Wee Nippy already and the campaign hasn't even started properly. Always wanting more, more, more. Everything is about our wee nation instead of looking at the big picture. "

Thing is left of centre was were labour always was till Tony. They have moved to far to the right. So far even maggot thatcher liked Tony. Says it all to me.

"Problem is that a change might lead to even worse crisis than we have just now.

Personally, I'm sick of Wee Nippy already and the campaign hasn't even started properly. Always wanting more, more, more. Everything is about our wee nation instead of looking at the big picture.

Thing is left of centre was were labour always was till Tony. They have moved to far to the right. So far even maggot thatcher liked Tony. Says it all to me. "

I thought it was the 2015 election I did not know we are going back in time to fight previous ones lol

"Not decided yet who I'm voting but I can say it won't be snp!"

Glasgow

"Not decided yet who I'm voting but I can say it won't be snp!"

"Bye Bye Labour , Labour Bye Bye "

By *ife in furCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Red tories blue tories, ping pong politics of west minister, no thanks SNP for me, ex labour voter

» Add a new message to this topic