FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Best remedies for the cold.

Best remedies for the cold.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anandmeow OP   Couple  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

We've both woken up with migraine like headaches scratchy throats and eyes that feel like they are gonna pop out of our heads.

I know this isn't a medical site but is there a doctor in the house

Anyone got good remedies that can be taken while working as staying in bed is not an option?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Beechams cold & flu. Get the day & night ones

Plenty of fluids x

Kilmarnock

Thank you ladies. I'll give them a try.

"Plenty of fluids x"
lol Mr here it's worse than man flu but ye plenty to drink x

Manuka honey plus 15 will halve time you have cold great for sore throats to spoonful in morning and same at night

Eat something with pleanty of garlic and chilli both full of antibodys that help fight the virus

Kilmarnock

Mankuna honey I've never heard of but ill look it up for sure.

As for chillies and garlic that sounds like a perfect excuse for a curry.

It is take it from me im a chef eat tons of it and have only had one cold in about 5 years

Day and night nurse

"We've both woken up with migraine like headaches scratchy throats and eyes that feel like they are gonna pop out of our heads.

Anyone got good remedies that can be taken while working as staying in bed is not an option? "

I know this sounds awful, but my Chinese mate told me before to try boiling coca cola in a pan and crushing ginger into it, I've tried it and it worked for me, any will do, and I used a raw ginger from supermarket, so cheap and effective for me, I won't use anything else now(though I know its a pain having to go out and get the ginger

Kilmarnock

"We've both woken up with migraine like headaches scratchy throats and eyes that feel like they are gonna pop out of our heads.

Anyone got good remedies that can be taken while working as staying in bed is not an option?

I know this sounds awful, but my Chinese mate told me before to try boiling coca cola in a pan and crushing ginger into it, I've tried it and it worked for me, any will do, and I used a raw ginger from supermarket, so cheap and effective for me, I won't use anything else now(though I know its a pain having to go out and get the ginger"

That does sound positively vile lol. Although I've found that's usually the case with decent remedies for ailments lol

I know this sounds awful, but my Chinese mate told me before to try boiling coca cola in a pan and crushing ginger into it, I've tried it and it worked for me, any will do, and I used a raw ginger from supermarket, so cheap and effective for me, I won't use anything else now(though I know its a pain having to go out and get the ginger

That does sound positively vile lol. Although I've found that's usually the case with decent remedies for ailments lol"

it's actually not too bad, if youlike a lot of ginger, very fiery, and the is flat with the boiling, but I won't try anything else now

Kilmarnock

That does sound positively vile lol. Although I've found that's usually the case with decent remedies for ailments lol

it's actually not too bad, if youlike a lot of ginger, very fiery, and the is flat with the boiling, but I won't try anything else now"

I may have to try that just out of curiosity more than anything else lol

Manuka honey has the highest amount of antibacterial microbes from the manuka bush it's what djs and singers take to fend off colds and flus it has lots of other properties including being able to kill mrsa superbug it's widely used in wound dressings and sprays to kill bacteria and is great for intestinal complaints too

Kilmarnock

"Manuka honey has the highest amount of antibacterial microbes from the manuka bush it's what djs and singers take to fend off colds and flus it has lots of other properties including being able to kill mrsa superbug it's widely used in wound dressings and sprays to kill bacteria and is great for intestinal complaints too"

I shall be looking up stockists this afternoon. Sounds like just the job lol

Water , olbas oil in boiling water in a bowl with a towel over the head also stay in a dark area to damping the migraine.

» Add a new message to this topic