FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Alistair Carmichael

Alistair Carmichael

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Should he now either step down or resign now he has come out and side that leaked memo came from his party ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ckleticklesWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

And get the bill for the investigation... £1.4million please!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He knew what he was getting into and the result was a huge bill to the tax payer

regardless of which party he represents, he should hang his head in shame and resign

and like the above poster states, he should be responsible for paying the full costs of the investigation. This is why so many MP's get so much bad press and they all think they are above the Law

shame on him and shame on all corruption

He has been proved to be a shameless liar and has no credibility at all now and should be forced to resign on that note alone. But the fact the investigation cost so much should be taken into account as well and the party whip should be taken from him if he refuses to resign

The Council of Elrond

If voted him Tonight i would feel so let down with him saying it was his office it came from. No need for dirty tricks to win votes let people do the research and let them vote.

By *homCrownMan  over a year ago

West Fife

He should resign, hand himself in and be charged as follows:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1983/2/section/106

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Deliberate deception of the electorate during a GE is no small matter - surely just as serious as postal vote fraud?

The Council of Elrond

[Removed by poster at 22/05/15 23:38:31]

The Council of Elrond

"Deliberate deception of the electorate during a GE is no small matter - surely just as serious as postal vote fraud?"

Yeah i would have thought so ..should not be taken lightly anyway its his voters i feel sorry for as they have put there trust in him and now turns out he has lied to get votes.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Deliberate deception of the electorate during a GE is no small matter - surely just as serious as postal vote fraud?"

If the COPFS investigated everyone who deliberately deceived voters during an election, there'd be nobody left.

Resign now and Nicola should press charges for defformation. A cunt of a man who represented a cunt of a party.

Edinburgh

"Deliberate deception of the electorate during a GE is no small matter - surely just as serious as postal vote fraud?

If the COPFS investigated everyone who deliberately deceived voters during an election, there'd be nobody left."

As far as the unionist candidates are concerned, that is exactly what has happened (apart from one token MP from each party), but at the hands of the electorate.

And of those three, Carmichael's 800 majority (previously 10k) could have disappeared with the disgrace of this revelation if announced before the count; Mundell's majority was slashed to 798 and Murray's victory was arguably down to tactical anti-SNP voting by tory and libdem voters whose candidates had no chance of victory.

The wipeout could have been 100% - but no point in being greedy! It was a fine feast, to be sure.

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

It's easy to tell a m p is lieing he opens his mouth

The thing we are all forgetting here is a government minister allowed tens of thousands of pounds to be spent on an investigation into leaking knowing full well he was responsible. The taxpayers money thrown away is he now going to pay full cost of investigation and reimburse the taxpayer there's a lot of speculation to how much it cost with one face book post saying 1.4 million I doubt it was that high but it will be a very significant sum indeed

Does he still get to use the Rt Hon at the start of his name?

Think I'd take issue with that, nothing honourable about him.

Dx

The Council of Elrond

I wake up today and say his party aren't going to do anything. Still hoping he resigns. Surely his party have to take action or risk losing next year in the Scottish election they can't afford to lose more voters.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

a fucking idiot....

By *illi37Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Yes deliberate lying is totally unacceptable.......like that buffon who claimed to have consulted the European union re Scotland joining after the referendum......same deviousness, as Nicola says "He should consider his position ".....Did the buffoon resign ? ......nah thought not x

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Don't shoot the messenger, I,m sure all the anti nuke brigade were all over McNeely,s "revelations" during the week, one whistleblower good, one whistleblower bad!

I hope she does take the Telegraph to court but she won't.

I wonder why?

I liked him when he did Cartoon Cavalcade with his wee dog. After that...not so much....

The Council of Elrond

"Don't shoot the messenger, I,m sure all the anti nuke brigade were all over McNeely,s "revelations" during the week, one whistleblower good, one whistleblower bad!

I hope she does take the Telegraph to court but she won't.

I wonder why?"

Maybe she has put it behind her she accepted his apology but that doesnt mean that should be the end of it. Now its for him and his party to make up there mind where they stand but from what i can see his party are ok with him staying.

glasgow

I think more than Mr Carmichael should be in the dock..for deliberate lying...re my last post........shit sorry i forgot it does not count if your a member of the SNP...it is only others who lie and mislead .....x

"I think more than Mr Carmichael should be in the dock..for deliberate lying...re my last post........shit sorry i forgot it does not count if your a member of the SNP...it is only others who lie and mislead .....x"
no I think they should all be held accountable them and their parties and if found guilty of such acts they and thief parties should be held accountable for all costs of any investigations the tax payer should never be forced to take on burden of responsibility for any such costs

Edinburgh

It looks like his position will become untenable - demonstrations in Orkney & Shetland arranged for Sunday via social media, calling for his resignation.

glasgow

But it turns into a never ending witch hunt ......politicians lie/mislead it is a fact and only a fool believes the drivel we were fed during that last election.....although it seems a lot did xx

By *homCrownMan  over a year ago

West Fife

"I liked him when he did Cartoon Cavalcade with his wee dog. After that...not so much.... "

Paladin: "That wis ma mate Glen Michael, ya dizzy! Occh Ruddy goney pee against a lamp post nect time will ye?"

By *argaidMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Oh Milli, your anti-SNP stance is, at best, weak on this occasion. There's a world of difference between misrepresentation of the extent of a consultation and lying about and smearing an opponent, lying about personal involvement in the scandal, causing a diplomatic incident, accusing the ambassador of a major ally of lying and then wasting £1.4m of tax payers' money investigating a matter in which you not only know the answer but are the answer. Here's his own opinion on this type of behaviour:http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2010/11/12/letter-from-westminster-49#.VWBURGPnIC8.twitter

There's a female Onny!

glasgow

Oh......this will all end badly... i am not anti-SNP for the sake of it...i am amazed at the level of trust in a party that when i asked "What policies do they have for the working classes ?" i get rhetoric..no facts, no repeal of Tory legislation....come on ,they have the power.....the professional victim hood is tiring and designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

[Removed by poster at 24/05/15 10:24:02]

"Oh Milli, your anti-SNP stance is, at best, weak on this occasion. There's a world of difference between misrepresentation of the extent of a consultation and lying about and smearing an opponent, lying about personal involvement in the scandal, causing a diplomatic incident, accusing the ambassador of a major ally of lying and then wasting £1.4m of tax payers' money investigating a matter in which you not only know the answer but are the answer. Here's his own opinion on this type of behaviour:http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2010/11/12/letter-from-westminster-49#.VWBURGPnIC8.twitter "

Get down off your moral soap box and stop being so trite. Salmonds lies were specifically orchestrated to drive Scotland towards independence, something that would have had much further reaching and devastating consequences than smearing one person and costing this country much more than a million or so quid.

Thinking about it, it's actually a good thing he didn't quit as he was the one who cost the Referendum for the Yes vote so I think the majority of Scots are glad he stayed!

glasgow

Ooooh Onny and i are not alone after all others can see past the bullshit lol xx

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

As others have said its not just one party thats guilty its all politicians a complete reform has been needed for as long as I remember lets face it they are in it for themselves not for the country

Glasgow

"Oh Milli, your anti-SNP stance is, at best, weak on this occasion. There's a world of difference between misrepresentation of the extent of a consultation and lying about and smearing an opponent, lying about personal involvement in the scandal, causing a diplomatic incident, accusing the ambassador of a major ally of lying ........... "

No, there's not.

Lying to the electorate is lying to the electorate.

glasgow

Tut tut Onny....you need to learn, a lie is what Tories or Liebor politicians tell.Now if an SNP mp makes a "mistake" or god forbid is given the wrong "Stats" on which to base all our futures.Well that is okay,because they want only whats best for us......as long as "us" are rabid nationalists,with a _iew of the world based on the bull served up by ST Nicola...or worse that deity of verbosity Alex the buffoon..So Onny get on the train and unplug all rational thought...

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Tut tut Onny....you need to learn, a lie is what Tories or Liebor politicians tell.Now if an SNP mp makes a "mistake" or god forbid is given the wrong "Stats" on which to base all our futures.Well that is okay,because they want only whats best for us......as long as "us" are rabid nationalists,with a _iew of the world based on the bull served up by ST Nicola...or worse that deity of verbosity Alex the buffoon..So Onny get on the train and unplug all rational thought... "

By *oe bloggs69Man  over a year ago

fife

glasgow

I would suggest that casting up 'Alex Salmond is a bad man arguments' is far more trite than quoting Carmichael's own stated opinion of his behaviour. Especially in a thread about Carmichael. Maybe try keeping on topic for once, eh? Because responding to any criticism of a non-nationalist politician by just saying 'so did they' every single time is extremely tedious and disingenuous.

Docent really matter , he was paid by the torts to smear , he wont resign because it's only the nats that won't him gone , scotlands voice will never be heard in the union , regRdless of how many mps are down there ,

World war two was only won

with hitlers power lust to fight on all fronts , the Russians effectively proved to strong for the Nazis who focused there main resources against the red army , which paved the perfect opportunity for the landings , for centuries before hand Britain advanced and conquered countries less advanced with little resistance , # conscience objecter

"It looks like his position will become untenable - demonstrations in Orkney & Shetland arranged for Sunday via social media, calling for his resignation."

Did this really happen?

I think what he did was utterly dispicable and wrong. I do need to know if there are big and small lies in politics. Firstly we have Carmical smeering the first minister which is very bad !!!! Secondly we have an mp taking a solom oath in parliment them tweeting i did not mean it !!! So one big and one small lie but they are both lies by elected members of parliment.

Edinburgh

"I think what he did was utterly dispicable and wrong. I do need to know if there are big and small lies in politics. Firstly we have Carmical smeering the first minister which is very bad !!!! Secondly we have an mp taking a solom oath in parliment them tweeting i did not mean it !!! So one big and one small lie but they are both lies by elected members of parliment."

I do not know of the reference to the tweet, but I can imagine that it could well be in reference to the oath to Brenda, which would be repugnant to any republican or believer in true democracy.

The oath should be to represent the interests of the constituents, to the exclusion of interests of party, donors or other outside influences.

If an MP is obliged to take that ridiculous oath to take up his/her position, then the interests of serving the constituency require that it needs to be taken.

Those who favour retaining the wording of the oath need to examine their conscience as to whether it is a morally justifiable requirement for a country which thinks of itself as a democracy.

its gone now, swept under the carpet

awaiting next scandal

Should bé shot for treason or worse forced to join the tories

"Should bé shot for treason or worse forced to join the tories "
he s done that for the last four years

"Should bé shot for treason or worse forced to join the tories he s done that for the last four years"

I see you posting a lot and on at same time as me in mornings, so I looked at your profile and was going to send a message saying similar and that you both have a lovely profile, but as you don't accept mail, I will say it here

anyway, nice to see such a huge response on here regarding the original post, guess no matter what party we support, we are all sickened by this man

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

He will be gone by Thursday

"He will be gone by Thursday"

Its now Sunday!!!!!!

"He will be gone by Thursday

Its now Sunday!!!!!!"

Ahhh; I get it now, you never said "which" Thursday, which week, month, or year

good one

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"He will be gone by Thursday

Its now Sunday!!!!!!

Ahhh; I get it now, you never said "which" Thursday, which week, month, or year

good one "

We all get things wrong at times.

The Council of Elrond

Well the target has been reached £60,000

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

all this mock outrage against one MP. If every lying politician had to resign the house of commons would be empty.

During the referendum campaign the SNP got caught out at least twice lying. Swinney got caught lying about having talks with the Treasury and someone else got caught out lying about meeting EU reps. I don't remember anyone standing down then.

Now swinney is on camera lying about having to rewrite his budget as there was a small percentage drop in the Scotland grant yet he under spent by £444 million last year and no one noticed.

The Council of Elrond

"all this mock outrage against one MP. If every lying politician had to resign the house of commons would be empty.

During the referendum campaign the SNP got caught out at least twice lying. Swinney got caught lying about having talks with the Treasury and someone else got caught out lying about meeting EU reps. I don't remember anyone standing down then.

Now swinney is on camera lying about having to rewrite his budget as there was a small percentage drop in the Scotland grant yet he under spent by £444 million last year and no one noticed."

So do you think there should be a by election ?

"all this mock outrage against one MP. If every lying politician had to resign the house of commons would be empty.

Now swinney is on camera lying about having to rewrite his budget as there was a small percentage drop in the Scotland grant yet he under spent by £444 million last year and no one noticed."

Lying is a big accusation, if you really think that, then do something about it, rather than rant on here

glasgow

Interesting that the Liberal position is that this should be a decision for his constituents. Given the protests of his constituents and the petitions and the legal challenge (which he wants tax payer's money to fight) it seems pretty clear that his constituents want a by-election. Apparently their opinions don't matter any more.

Glasgow

"Interesting that the Liberal position is that this should be a decision for his constituents. Given the protests of his constituents and the petitions and the legal challenge (which he wants tax payer's money to fight) it seems pretty clear that his constituents want a by-election. Apparently their opinions don't matter any more. "

How many of his constituents have signed up and contributed to the fund?

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

All this mass protests, etc, they wouldn't happen to be organised by some nationalist elements by any chance. Maybe I'm just being cynical.

glasgow

Imagine taking your hard earned money and putting it towards this "cause ".. you would need to be a swivel eyed loon with far too much money to waste on this . Sadly the cause is a" cult" and like all cults will implode....i only hope it doesnt take us all down with it .

"Imagine taking your hard earned money and putting it towards this "cause ".. you would need to be a swivel eyed loon with far too much money to waste on this . Sadly the cause is a" cult" and like all cults will implode....i only hope it doesnt take us all down with it . "

I paid £800 to the YES campaign, my loss but it was something I truly believed in and still do

Glasgow

"Imagine taking your hard earned money and putting it towards this "cause ".. you would need to be a swivel eyed loon with far too much money to waste on this . Sadly the cause is a" cult" and like all cults will implode....i only hope it doesnt take us all down with it .

I paid £800 to the YES campaign, my loss but it was something I truly believed in and still do

."

Are you interested in buying a bridge?

"I paid £800 to the YES campaign, my loss but it was something I truly believed in and still do

Are you interested in buying a bridge?"

Im about to buy a new John Deere 6R, depending on grant, waiting until the Highland show to see what best deals I can get

glasgow

I have some "magic beans".....you will get some crop from them lol xx

"I have some "magic beans".....you will get some crop from them lol xx"

I am sure your magic Bean will work wonders and make something of mine grow very tall

glasgow

But will i be able to climb atop it ? we are getting off the subject here lol.... it is still a Mc Carthy type society we are creating here....woo hoo, my dislike of narrow minded ,financially illiterate political cuckoos has returned ...Oh and if anyone has a spare £800 to give to a "cause" make it a worthwhile one... I have a respite home near me that would love a donation like that. xx

you silly girl, no one "has a spare amount of cash" you deal with your cash and finances as you deem fit

donate your own cash if you think it is worthwhile

sadly so many good causes today relay on donations as Westminster doesn't give a flying F**k

glasgow

Mmmmmm a "foreign aid " budget of 11.7billion says your talking nationalist shit.....wonder what an independant Scotland would receive ?

"Mmmmmm a "foreign aid " budget of 11.7billion says your talking nationalist shit.....wonder what an independant Scotland would receive ?"

Wonder what that 11.7 billion and more could do for the whole of the UK

glasgow

So you only care for Scotland ? fuck the poor n starving of anywhere else...how does that fit in with jimmy Krankies "fairer society for all "....yes swivel eyed is being too kind

"So you only care for Scotland ? fuck the poor n starving of anywhere else...how does that fit in with jimmy Krankies "fairer society for all "....yes swivel eyed is being too kind "

I am sure I did say the whole of the UK, one min will go back and ckeck

oh yes, I did say the whole of the UK, and I did mean the whole of the UK

Once the UK can stand on its two feet then and only then should we start throwing cash to others, even then the cash doesn't go to the needy.

one and a half trillion of dept is a dept that we will all continue to suffer for

"So you only care for Scotland ? fuck the poor n starving of anywhere else...how does that fit in with jimmy Krankies "fairer society for all "....yes swivel eyed is being too kind "

grumpiness gets you know where

Glasgow

"Mmmmmm a "foreign aid " budget of 11.7billion says your talking nationalist shit.....wonder what an independant Scotland would receive ?

Wonder what that 11.7 billion and more could do for the whole of the UK"

Tax cuts for Tories?

glasgow

Well it shows the power of having the "roar" of the SNP at Westminster...pussy cats and there bluff is being called regarding full fiscal autonomy...Oh i laughed watching Hosie try and wriggle off the hook set up by the Tories, who are now holding the SNP "feet to the fire "...now what buffoon said that again ?....oh yes the liar who has not resigned either

"Should he now either step down or resign now he has come out and side that leaked memo came from his party ? "

what ever did happen to this guy

» Add a new message to this topic