Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As the Clash sang;

Should I stay or should I go now? (UK)

how you all feel, should we stay in Europe or vote to leave

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *44bertCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

Stay. It would be a financial disaster to leave.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Go.....and head for Rotterdam

I think we should stay but not at all costs. I almost feel ashamed to say it but I agree with Camereon that there needs to be major changes. The EU has not evoled always from its first ideals for the better. I do see the huge advantages of the EU but like the UK other countries are becoming less satisfied with the way it is run.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

I think we are part of europe but need to get out of the habit of allowing every nation to dictate our policys I want a curly cucumber and I prefer my weight in lbs

By *rmagiteMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

stay.. a united people is the way forward, maybe not for us... but the bigger scale we really need to get off this one rock and move out :p

OUT-As soon as possible.

Stay thousands of jobs come from it. Plus the cost of my wine would go up being outside the eu

Crazy to leave! Stay as 1!!

I honestly do not know, half of me says get out due to what Europe has done to Scottish fishing grounds, laws and legislation, immigration, although Westminster also plays part; the other half of me says Stay in as we are part of a huge trade community

if it came to a vote right now, I would have to sit out because I truly do not know which is best for Scotland.

Would it be wrong not to vote when I simply do not know which is the better way!!!!!

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I'd like us to go back to being the EEC instead of the EC.

Be trading partners and enjoy all that it brings without the cost of 1000s of Eurocrats telling us what to do.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"I think we are part of europe but need to get out of the habit of allowing every nation to dictate our policys I want a curly cucumber and I prefer my weight in lbs "

I am waiting for the Q.I Klaxon to go "Waaa waaa waaa!!" after almost every post here.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Stay but decentralise a long of the controls back to the UK as the final port of call.

You have also got to ask why we never get news from the EU. Why do we get more news stories from the USA. Yet we do more trade with EU than the USA.

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

All you hear about is how much the EU costs us etc. but a lot of improvements to our environment have been driven from Brussels. In particular improvements to water quality and nature conservation have only been implemented because the EU forced countries like UK to clean up but you just don't hear the positive stories.

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"I'd like us to go back to being the EEC instead of the EC.

Be trading partners and enjoy all that it brings without the cost of 1000s of Eurocrats telling us what to do. "

near Glasgow

Out! Out! Out!

I'm still waiting for a sensible answer to the simple question: what's the point of getting independence from Westminster, and the next minute getting 100% into bed with the EU?

Stay, i feel more European than british.

By *all saulMan  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

Think it should depend if we can get a better deal if we can then yes if not then no

"Out! Out! Out!

I'm still waiting for a sensible answer to the simple question: what's the point of getting independence from Westminster, and the next minute getting 100% into bed with the EU?"

next minute getting into bed with the EU?????????

we are already in the EU and have been for a long long time, dont you realise that????

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

We are in the EU as part of the UK, as an independent nation we are not guaranteed membership and if we did gain it we certainly would not have the opt-outs we have now.

near Glasgow

"Out! Out! Out!

I'm still waiting for a sensible answer to the simple question: what's the point of getting independence from Westminster, and the next minute getting 100% into bed with the EU?

next minute getting into bed with the EU?????????

we are already in the EU and have been for a long long time, dont you realise that????"

Of course I realise it, I do live in the real world unlike some opinionated and blinkered folk around here!

But as has been said, out terms of entry as an independent nation would be different to those currently applying to the UK.

And for all your great wisdom, you fail to answer my simple question, preferring to do your usual sniping instead!

I don't want Independence never have? I cant really understand why you want Independence anyway, please explain to me why you wish Scotland to separate from the UK, don't you have friends south of the border??

I have friends all over the UK, friends and family and I wish to remain that way,

However, I am still unsure as to whether to vote yes or no for Europe and suspect as stated previously that I may not vote

By *illi37Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Mostly from a sense of it being for the benefit of most of us...Stay. But as a previous message says, lets have more of a trade alliance than a political one.

"Mostly from a sense of it being for the benefit of most of us...Stay. But as a previous message says, lets have more of a trade alliance than a political one. "

still undecided

» Add a new message to this topic