FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > BBC - TV License no option you will pay

BBC - TV License no option you will pay

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I can live without the BBC and would prefer to have a choice on whether I pay up £145.50 per year to keep the BBC fat cats living in luxury

I do not need the TV programs or the Radio, I can afford the fee, but an option of paying would be polite rather than a demand and becoming a criminal for not paying.

Seems this is simply a hidden poll tax that you have no option or freedom of choice but to pay

and due to that I simply object

can you live without the BBC or so you simply do as your told and pay your fee's?

a polite option would be courtesy

?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I can live without the BBC and would prefer to have a choice on whether I pay up £145.50 per year to keep the BBC fat cats living in luxury

I do not need the TV programs or the Radio, I can afford the fee, but an option of paying would be polite rather than a demand and becoming a criminal for not paying.

Seems this is simply a hidden poll tax that you have no option or freedom of choice but to pay

and due to that I simply object

can you live without the BBC or so you simply do as your told and pay your fee's?

?"

Do you have an alternative funding model in mind or do you think the BBC should just close down?

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

I actually don't mind paying the fee cos I love so many programmes they have such as Merlin, Atlantis, Poldark, the Three Musketeers, The Syndicate to name but a few.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can live without all tv but think the BBC is very good. I understandthe OP point about having to pay. There are many many things people would choose not to pay for. I am sure there are plenty of things we all pay for through our taxes we all could take issue with. I see my fee going towards some of my favorite programs being made that comertial channels would not make due to lower viewing figures rather than worrying about how much someone is luck enough to earn.

"

?

Do you have an alternative funding model in mind or do you think the BBC should just close down?"

I honestly do not care how they fund their productivity as long as everyone gets the option to pay or not to pay, to view or not to view.

They can join all other channels such as STV, channel 4 etc and go the advertising route or they can go the sky route, there are many options but to depand everyone in UK pays, whether they want to watch or not is a disgrace.

As much as I dislike the Conservatives, I agree with their thought that non payment should not be a crime, the sooner this comes into force the better

is it so much to ask, for the option to pay, why should someone pay when they do not watch or listen to the BBC

but to demand everyone in UK pays, whether they want to watch or not is a disgrace

Glasgow

"but to demand everyone in UK pays, whether they want to watch or not is a disgrace"

But they DO want to watch. They just don't want to pay.

BTW everyone pays. All households apart from the exemptions pay.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

The problem is all tv boxes have the ability to recieve bbc programming remove that you remove the need to pay it example a tv only hooked into a pc running only owned box sets

coatbridge

"but to demand everyone in UK pays, whether they want to watch or not is a disgrace

But they DO want to watch. They just don't want to pay.

BTW everyone pays. All households apart from the exemptions pay."

not so could easily do without the bbc dont want to watch it barely watch any tv

By *ostEligibleBachelorMan  over a year ago

I've not paid a TV license ever. I don't have a sky box tho as I have everything hooked up via my internet and a PC/media centre connected to my main TV via HDMI.

"I've not paid a TV license ever. I don't have a sky box tho as I have everything hooked up via my internet and a PC/media centre connected to my main TV via HDMI."

When I say sky box I mean to include all boxes/Virgin and even a free view cable. My TV ain't actually connected o any lines other than the Internet, which has access to more or less every movie or TV show anyway... And Netflix, blurays, DVDs, etc...

Glasgow

"I've not paid a TV license ever. I don't have a sky box tho as I have everything hooked up via my internet and a PC/media centre connected to my main TV via HDMI."

And what did all that cost?

I have a TV but no TV channels, I got rid of them ages ago not even freebies all I use my TV for is playing my ps4 so I shouldn't have to pay it but somehow I'm still supposed to pay it, the world we live in is crooked & shite its run by people who think of ways to make our lives harder & theirs easier

"I have a TV but no TV channels, I got rid of them ages ago not even freebies all I use my TV for is playing my ps4 so I shouldn't have to pay it but somehow I'm still supposed to pay it, the world we live in is crooked & shite its run by people who think of ways to make our lives harder & theirs easier"
auto correct fuckin me about, meant freeview not freebies

"I have a TV but no TV channels, I got rid of them ages ago not even freebies all I use my TV for is playing my ps4 so I shouldn't have to pay it but somehow I'm still supposed to pay it, the world we live in is crooked & shite its run by people who think of ways to make our lives harder & theirs easierauto correct fuckin me about, meant freeview not freebies"

if your tv is capable of picking up tv you pay wy do you not just buy a monitor if its only for ps4

"I have a TV but no TV channels, I got rid of them ages ago not even freebies all I use my TV for is playing my ps4 so I shouldn't have to pay it but somehow I'm still supposed to pay it, the world we live in is crooked & shite its run by people who think of ways to make our lives harder & theirs easierauto correct fuckin me about, meant freeview not freebies

if your tv is capable of picking up tv you pay wy do you not just buy a monitor if its only for ps4 "

I don't watch TV like a said, isn't a TV a monitor? End of the day I don't watch it so they ever take me to court that's my argument,

"I have a TV but no TV channels, I got rid of them ages ago not even freebies all I use my TV for is playing my ps4 so I shouldn't have to pay it but somehow I'm still supposed to pay it, the world we live in is crooked & shite its run by people who think of ways to make our lives harder & theirs easierauto correct fuckin me about, meant freeview not freebies

if your tv is capable of picking up tv you pay wy do you not just buy a monitor if its only for ps4 I don't watch TV like a said, isn't a TV a monitor? End of the day I don't watch it so they ever take me to court that's my argument, "

no monitors dont pick up tv channels and gaming monitors are designed for gaming without the need to pay a licence

if your tv is capable of picking up tv you pay wy do you not just buy a monitor if its only for ps4 I don't watch TV like a said, isn't a TV a monitor? End of the day I don't watch it so they ever take me to court that's my argument,

no monitors dont pick up tv channels and gaming monitors are designed for gaming without the need to pay a licence "

awe u mean a pc monitor! Never thought of that, good idea but the thought of swapping my 50" flat screen for that doesn't sit well with me

if your tv is capable of picking up tv you pay wy do you not just buy a monitor if its only for ps4 I don't watch TV like a said, isn't a TV a monitor? End of the day I don't watch it so they ever take me to court that's my argument,

no monitors dont pick up tv channels and gaming monitors are designed for gaming without the need to pay a licence awe u mean a pc monitor! Never thought of that, good idea but the thought of swapping my 50" flat screen for that doesn't sit well with me "

its not pc its gaming monitors their designed for faster response and gaming graphics and am not sure how big they go but they do go pretty big my boy uses one for competitions on cod

no monitors dont pick up tv channels and gaming monitors are designed for gaming without the need to pay a licence awe u mean a pc monitor! Never thought of that, good idea but the thought of swapping my 50" flat screen for that doesn't sit well with me

its not pc its gaming monitors their designed for faster response and gaming graphics and am not sure how big they go but they do go pretty big my boy uses one for competitions on cod "

I'll deffo have a look into that, cheers

"I've not paid a TV license ever. I don't have a sky box tho as I have everything hooked up via my internet and a PC/media centre connected to my main TV via HDMI.

And what did all that cost?"

I think everyone has a PC? My PC was free as got it for an Xmas present. Hdmi cable is like what? £10er??? You can hook any modern PC up to a TV and just use a wireless keyboard and mouse!

no monitors dont pick up tv channels and gaming monitors are designed for gaming without the need to pay a licence "

You do not need to pay a license if you don't watch TV but own a TV. I own a TV, but don't have any channels/don't even have a line into the TV: only cables going into my TV are the power cord and an hdmi lead for my computer. I've old TV license this and they've never came back since... A year ago. They send annual letters to see if anythings changed - I just ignore them lol. Been in this house 3 years now and never had a chap at the door or owt. It's only if you're watching TV... Or have the capability of watching TV maybe, but purely ownin a TV doesn't mean that - it's having the lines set up/box set up more than anything else.

Quick question as I honestly don't know the answer to this one? Do you need a TV license if you have a car or motor home with built in TV

If so? and you have no fixed address, how do they bill you?

or if you have a home with no TV but own a car or motorhome as above

coatbridge

"I have a TV but no TV channels, I got rid of them ages ago not even freebies all I use my TV for is playing my ps4 so I shouldn't have to pay it but somehow I'm still supposed to pay it, the world we live in is crooked & shite its run by people who think of ways to make our lives harder & theirs easier"
your ps4 has the ability to pick up live tv or even bbc catchup if as an example you removed these in principle you dont have to pay. Im guessing in regards to a motorhome its registered to an address that would require a lisence

By *woplustwocoupleCouple  over a year ago

Hawick

You only need to pay if you watch live TV. If you watch catch up you dont have to pay. Its almost impossible to get done for not having one. Simply do not let the people into your house. They have no right of entry and if they dont get in they cant prove anything.

BBC should use advertising like all other channels to make there money.

I hate BBC and refuse to pay it as I don't Watch or listen to it, I like local stations.

don't pay it they can't fine you without evidence and they can't get that without coming on and into your property and you can refuse them access.

They can only get a war rent if the already have evidence and as I said they can't get that with out your permission and admission.....

DON'T Pay

As much as I disagree on paying, I still do pay, as I am not a law breaker, but I am against in principle.

They wouldn't need to enter my house, a couple of my 55" screens are seen clearly out on the street

the bbc own all the transmitters and rights to the airwaves thats why its licensed to use, most if not all live broadcasts go through bbc transmitters even sky uses bbc cables and transmitters to get it back to their studio when showing live football its that that makes you pay a licence if the bbc scrap the licence and show adverts then whos responsible for maintaining the transmitters ? the government will still charge a fee

"the bbc own all the transmitters and rights to the airwaves thats why its licensed to use, most if not all live broadcasts go through bbc transmitters even sky uses bbc cables and transmitters to get it back to their studio when showing live football its that that makes you pay a licence if the bbc scrap the licence and show adverts then whos responsible for maintaining the transmitters ? the government will still charge a fee "

wasn't that the case with Airports!! and the Government ensured competition

pot; kettle; black

If the BBC had some competition it would have to change its ways for the better of the public

"the bbc own all the transmitters and rights to the airwaves thats why its licensed to use, most if not all live broadcasts go through bbc transmitters even sky uses bbc cables and transmitters to get it back to their studio when showing live football its that that makes you pay a licence if the bbc scrap the licence and show adverts then whos responsible for maintaining the transmitters ? the government will still charge a fee

wasn't that the case with Airports!! and the Government ensured competition

pot; kettle; black

If the BBC had some competition it would have to change its ways for the better of the public"

airports are privatised and still make profit if they do that with transmitters the owners will still charge to use them airports still pass the fees on to the passangers

coatbridge

"the bbc own all the transmitters and rights to the airwaves thats why its licensed to use, most if not all live broadcasts go through bbc transmitters even sky uses bbc cables and transmitters to get it back to their studio when showing live football its that that makes you pay a licence if the bbc scrap the licence and show adverts then whos responsible for maintaining the transmitters ? the government will still charge a fee "
and the bbc get a carrier charge from other tv broadcasters ie sky and virgin stv and every other independant.few yrs back there was a rucus about them "selling" box sets it suited them so it happened. Enough stop paying the fee the terminology used will change to force folk to pay again last time this happened pre smart tv in 2004

By *axter1987Man  over a year ago

your hotlist

i think it's the biggest scam going. I don't think i've watched anything that BBC has produced since Still Game. I agree that it should be a optional subscription based service like HBO.

"the bbc own all the transmitters and rights to the airwaves thats why its licensed to use, most if not all live broadcasts go through bbc transmitters even sky uses bbc cables and transmitters to get it back to their studio when showing live football its that that makes you pay a licence if the bbc scrap the licence and show adverts then whos responsible for maintaining the transmitters ? the government will still charge a fee and the bbc get a carrier charge from other tv broadcasters ie sky and virgin stv and every other independant.few yrs back there was a rucus about them "selling" box sets it suited them so it happened. Enough stop paying the fee the terminology used will change to force folk to pay again last time this happened pre smart tv in 2004"

sky is the best example when it first came out i had it it cost £20 month for everything the movie channel didnt have adverts they wrote saying they where going to starts showing adverts to help cover costs to avoid having to charge a fee then a few years later they started charging a fee aswell so now you got adverts and a fee that wasnt in the script when it first came out and thats the way all tv channels will go

"I hate that attitude. If I'm watching it, I should pay for it.

(If I'm not watching it, that's a different matter). "

That quote made me think

why not watch it whether you pay for it or not

If you don't want it, and don't pay for it, yet they still supply it, then fool on them,

BBC your getting no money but hey ho, if you still want to supply it, carry on lol

coatbridge

"the bbc own all the transmitters and rights to the airwaves thats why its licensed to use, most if not all live broadcasts go through bbc transmitters even sky uses bbc cables and transmitters to get it back to their studio when showing live football its that that makes you pay a licence if the bbc scrap the licence and show adverts then whos responsible for maintaining the transmitters ? the government will still charge a fee and the bbc get a carrier charge from other tv broadcasters ie sky and virgin stv and every other independant.few yrs back there was a rucus about them "selling" box sets it suited them so it happened. Enough stop paying the fee the terminology used will change to force folk to pay again last time this happened pre smart tv in 2004

sky is the best example when it first came out i had it it cost £20 month for everything the movie channel didnt have adverts they wrote saying they where going to starts showing adverts to help cover costs to avoid having to charge a fee then a few years later they started charging a fee aswell so now you got adverts and a fee that wasnt in the script when it first came out and thats the way all tv channels will go "

but you had choice with the bbc there is no choice. They want to blanket anyone with a tv irespective if they want bbc or not for me thats the problem

Would love to see the bbc corporate scum get the telly tax taken away from them the way they spend money like water and fact they seemed to escape any blame for the Saville carry on and anything else that's still to be found out they are being protected in all this

"the bbc own all the transmitters and rights to the airwaves thats why its licensed to use, most if not all live broadcasts go through bbc transmitters even sky uses bbc cables and transmitters to get it back to their studio when showing live football its that that makes you pay a licence if the bbc scrap the licence and show adverts then whos responsible for maintaining the transmitters ? the government will still charge a fee and the bbc get a carrier charge from other tv broadcasters ie sky and virgin stv and every other independant.few yrs back there was a rucus about them "selling" box sets it suited them so it happened. Enough stop paying the fee the terminology used will change to force folk to pay again last time this happened pre smart tv in 2004

sky is the best example when it first came out i had it it cost £20 month for everything the movie channel didnt have adverts they wrote saying they where going to starts showing adverts to help cover costs to avoid having to charge a fee then a few years later they started charging a fee aswell so now you got adverts and a fee that wasnt in the script when it first came out and thats the way all tv channels will go but you had choice with the bbc there is no choice. They want to blanket anyone with a tv irespective if they want bbc or not for me thats the problem"

first am not saying i agree with the licence nor do i think it should still be classed as a criminal offence am just pointing out that its not just the bbc you pay for its all the channels that use their transmitters and are regulated by the government and if they remove it then i can expect itv and channel 4 to start showing pay per view stuff

coatbridge

Would they not just split the cost of upkeep ie what they bbc get in carrier fees trasfered to an upkeep fund that shock horror the bbc would also have to pay lol kind of the same as sky virgin and other home fone providers do now with bt.if stv or any other broadcaster wanted to they could introduce pay per view now.the bbc are in fear of losing the licence fee as I believe they couldnt compete on a fair field

"A guy I used to work with, refused to pay his TV licence based that BBC was in breach of it's Royal Charter status by receiving funds from the EU.

He had threatening letters that he had to pay and would reply with a pre typed letter pointing out what I mentioned above and never heard from them again.

Not sure he was just lucky or they got fed up with his awkwardness lol.

"

Anyone have more information on this, or more knowledge

"Would they not just split the cost of upkeep ie what they bbc get in carrier fees trasfered to an upkeep fund that shock horror the bbc would also have to pay lol kind of the same as sky virgin and other home fone providers do now with bt.if stv or any other broadcaster wanted to they could introduce pay per view now.the bbc are in fear of losing the licence fee as I believe they couldnt compete on a fair field "

would they thou ? its a bit like walking into a pub and asking if you could just all bring your own carry out ? the answer would be if you use my pub you fill my pockets its or other channels cant show pay per view its in the rules they must remain free

"A guy I used to work with, refused to pay his TV licence based that BBC was in breach of it's Royal Charter status by receiving funds from the EU.

He had threatening letters that he had to pay and would reply with a pre typed letter pointing out what I mentioned above and never heard from them again.

Anyone have more information on this, or more knowledge "

knew a guy who did the exact same ( could be the same guy lol ) now hes telling beveryone to do the same unknown to him the house was in his wifes name and she was the one getting the court threats she got fed up and just paid it without him knowing now hes telling everyone to do it thinking he scared them off not knowing the reason they didnt come back is because its already been paid

coatbridge

"Would they not just split the cost of upkeep ie what they bbc get in carrier fees trasfered to an upkeep fund that shock horror the bbc would also have to pay lol kind of the same as sky virgin and other home fone providers do now with bt.if stv or any other broadcaster wanted to they could introduce pay per view now.the bbc are in fear of losing the licence fee as I believe they couldnt compete on a fair field

would they thou ? its a bit like walking into a pub and asking if you could just all bring your own carry out ? the answer would be if you use my pub you fill my pockets its or other channels cant show pay per view its in the rules they must remain free "

being an independant and not bound by a charter (which having just read about there seems to be lots of breaches) they can change what type of buisness they are to suit lol

They are not allowed to pear through Yorkshire windows, plus the need the make and model of the TV and equipment used.

trust me I worked with them for a bit.

It would be much like your mobile phone masts, either they would share the cost all build there own and make for better competition.

As for cost advertising would cover it no problem.

Get rid for so called council TV and get more competitive for better TV and prices.

Anyone have more information on this, or more knowledge

knew a guy who did the exact same ( could be the same guy lol ) now hes telling beveryone to do the same unknown to him the house was in his wifes name and she was the one getting the court threats she got fed up and just paid it without him knowing now hes telling everyone to do it thinking he scared them off not knowing the reason they didnt come back is because its already been paid "

Oi you stole my post from the BBC thread in the lounge lol. The first bit anyway.

It won't be the same guy he isn't married.

I'm happy to pay the licence fee as I watch a lot of BBC television and listen to a lot of BBC radio

They do a great service here and abroad

I agree they pay their fat cats too much but that happens everywhere in business even in parliament where MPs are being given a 10% wage rise when the rest of us are having to accept 1% or thereabouts

its amazing the people who complain they never watch the bbc but are on other threads pervin over judith ralstons tits where do you have a chug dixons window ? just saying

"its amazing the people who complain they never watch the bbc but are on other threads pervin over judith ralstons tits where do you have a chug dixons window ? just saying "

I watch BBC, not often but do, also listen to radio,

but, my point is, I would like the choice of paying, not a demand

If everyone stopped paying it what are they going to do build a wall around the 4 country's & say were imprisoned? NO! they would be forced to abolish it

"its amazing the people who complain they never watch the bbc but are on other threads pervin over judith ralstons tits where do you have a chug dixons window ? just saying "

only thing worthwhile on the bbc is nature programmes..everything else is SHIT!

they have tried to rival many of the big american shows..and failed miserably.

I'm embarrassed by some of the shows that I would have an interest in(merlin,dr who,atlantis etc)....if they werent so fucking poorly done.

I generally think British TV productions shite on the whole anyway.

"only thing worthwhile on the bbc is nature programmes..everything else is SHIT!

I'm embarrassed by some of the shows that I would have an interest in(merlin,dr who,atlantis etc)....if they werent so fucking poorly done.

I generally think British TV productions shite on the whole anyway."

NOPE; they used to have one good programme that got viewings world wide, oh but wait, they sacked Jeremy C and put an end to that didn't they

Just mentioned just now on BBC2 Jeremy Vine, the BBC license fee will end soon and become a household tax levi

where every household is taxed on this

Heard that too.

shows you its just another tax nothing to do with the BBC

bunch of Big Black Cocks lol

"only thing worthwhile on the bbc is nature programmes..everything else is SHIT!

I generally think British TV productions shite on the whole anyway.

NOPE; they used to have one good programme that got viewings world wide, oh but wait, they sacked Jeremy C and put an end to that didn't they "

clarkson is a twat, I'd have been glad to see him go years ago..plus, I'm not interested in cars

"

clarkson is a twat, I'd have been glad to see him go years ago..plus, I'm not interested in cars "

Ive been a biker all my life, grew up with bikes on farm until age to drive on roads, then both on road and tracks, simply love everything bikes stand for; Clarkson hates bikes but that is just the way he is, he has a great mind and an amazing love of cars and a pure generous when it comes to Top Gear.

I cannot wait until he comes up with something to "top" Top gear; and I am sure James May and Richard Hammond will be backing him 100%

probably the most popular car show in the whole world, simply amazing

Clarkson Rocks.

By *immy2xMan  over a year ago

aberdeen/inverness/ highlands

Ok lot of confusing and mis-information on here. So here us the correct law

You need a TV licence to receive live broadcasts. . . . That's it. You can own a TV, the TV can gave the capability to receive live broadcasts but if it is not tuned in or over wise set up to receive them then you do not need to purchase a licence. So if you use your TV for a game console or have it linked up to a video recorder or computer this is all perfectly within the law as long as you don't receive live broadcasts.

The reason the bbc are talking of scrapping the licence fee is because everyone is now much more knowledgeable in the Internet age to contract their lies and there scam.

TV detector vans are all in there imagination, the cannot detect anything, which is why after 50 years of frightening the public with them,no-one has actually been convicted of watching a TV without a licence because of a TV detector van, they are a mere illusion used as a scare tactic to unwary. So first thing here remember there is no such thing.

Even if there was a detector van which there ain't it would be highly illegal to snoop into the living rooms of people's homes and listen into what's going on in there living rooms, only the special branch and m15/6 are allowed that capability for very serious crime, not for not paying a silly wee tax. To do so would require such great expense rendering it totally uneconomical anyhow it is also against the humans right acts and the right of free speech and a million other rights to privicy etc.

Snooping in your windows is not allowed either, I mean think about it.youcould have children naked in your living room and here is this barely qualified guy with absolutely no rights of arrest or anything snooping into your house at your kids. So even if your blaring live coronation Street and they can see it right through the wi Dow of your home they cannot use this in court against you, their illegal action is not admissible as evidence in court. This is often the tactic they use on people the unwary to do the one thing that allows them to get a conviction.

This one thing is using the above for you to you hold your hands up to your guilt, when if you told them to f-off they would have no case against you and threats of a warrant are laughable. This one thing that all convictions have been giving because is to sign the piece of paper they will ask you too.

This piece of paper will be handed and they will usually say look sign here to say your going to get a TV licence, and the unwary sign it thinking that as long as they get a licence in the morning then that will be the end of it.if the TV licencing guy was telling the truth he would say " sign this piece of paper, it's signing this piece of paper that is admitting your guilt, without this piece of paper signed we have absolutely no case against you and you will never be fined or anything, if you don't sign this piece of paper you can tell us to fuck off and we will have to with no further proc3edings"

That piece of paper you sign thinking that there letting you off the hook to get a TV licence in the morning is the evidence they actually need to convict you as it is worded with " i admit watching TV without a licence" signed a.n.other.

So word never ever sign that bit of paper and you will never be convicted.you can also remove there implied right of access to your property and they have to leave, if they stick a footing our door remember to break it, if they threaten you with the police threaten them back they have no more right to phone the police than you do and the pice also have no right to enter your property without a warranty

YouTube has lots of videos about this subject so go look there for clarification to what I say.

That is all

Jimmy2x

this is all you need

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/?WT.mc_id=mec_Search_Brand

the true facts are here

By *rox and ammoCouple  over a year ago

north ayrshire

Not really at one point we did pay for sky but luckily enough in life we don't need tv that much but for the BBC should be pay as you go x

"Jimmy2x

this is all you need

the true facts are here"

I have posted the true facts dixie and the facts around not being convicted. Why send people to the TV licencing page to get there scare stores and threats to worry people? Do you work for the bbc or something ?

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

oh dear. I couldn't live without the BBC and i marvel at these people who can. I think the license fee is a.small price to pay for it and we should all pay it. if you're not watching or listening to the BBC you b****y well should be.

"oh dear. I couldn't live without the BBC and i marvel at these people who can. I think the license fee is a.small price to pay for it and we should all pay it. if you're not watching or listening to the BBC you b****y well should be. "

Hi _candium xx

I hate tv, never watch it

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

i rarely watch tv either but my radio.is always on.

Don't know about the radio but what a Set xxxx

Legal extaution where else would you pay for a service you have not asked for?

"I have a TV but no TV channels, I got rid of them ages ago not even freebies all I use my TV for is playing my ps4 so I shouldn't have to pay it but somehow I'm still supposed to pay it, the world we live in is crooked & shite its run by people who think of ways to make our lives harder & theirs easierauto correct fuckin me about, meant freeview not freebies"

If you're not receiving tv you don't need a licence.

I've not paid one in years because all I use my tv for is games and online content like bbc iplayer. I used to let them in to check but now when they come to the door I just close it on them.

There's no way for them to tell if you have a tv or what you use it for unless they can see it through the window.

"Jimmy2x

this is all you need

the true facts are here

I have posted the true facts dixie and the facts around not being convicted. Why send people to the TV licencing page to get there scare stores and threats to worry people? Do you work for the bbc or something ? "

Because Jimmy; it is today, still against the law not to have a TV license if you own a tv and receive the signals, regardless if you watch the BBC or not

I started the thread as I would prefer the choice on whether I contribute to the BBC or not, but for the matter of £150, I pay so as not to be a criminal, as a criminal background will remove the things in life I love, so at this moment again I still pay

By *aithlessangelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Simply owning a TV does not mean you need to pay the TV licence.

You only need to pay a TV Licence if you watch LIVE TV as it is broadcast, regardless of the channel or how you access it. This includes watching Live TV via the internet.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one

We don't pay our tv licence because we don't watch any Live TV everything we watch is on demand (we even watch stuff on BBC iPlayer)

» Add a new message to this topic