FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > "It's for Charity"

"It's for Charity"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andom2chat OP   Man  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

On reading another thread on here & with the recent media hoohaa on charities targeting donators who are known to give to causes I suspect some charities are struggling a little.

I also know that Fabbers are well known for their generosity.

So a couple of questions for today...

1: Has the recent negative media attention put you off giving to charities on the street, at the door, via mail or email campaigns, Social Media campaigns, or however you're approached?

2: What sort of charities do you favour - local or national charities?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wont generally give to the "door chappers",and if im putting stuff into a charity shop,i always put it into debra,its only because a little girl local to me died of a disease known as the butterfly disease(only because i cant mind the proper name for it).

That along with parkinsons society and cancer research/macmillan are ones id rather give to

By *andom2chat OP   Man  over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

"...i always put it into debra,its only because a little girl local to me died of a disease known as the butterfly disease(only because i cant mind the proper name for it).

"

Is it Dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa? Where the skin becomes very fragile?

"...i always put it into debra,its only because a little girl local to me died of a disease known as the butterfly disease(only because i cant mind the proper name for it).

Is it Dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa? Where the skin becomes very fragile?

"

yeah thats the one makes it feel like the skin is burning

monthly donations to;

PDSA & Dogs Trust

I detest and hate how the Chinese skin dogs alive and would gladly return the favour and skin any human who does this to an animal

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Only give to certain charitys to many now have fat cats and not alot of what you donate makes it to the intended purpose

By *exyspecs and supermanCouple  over a year ago

A house, a very big house in the country

Generally dont give to charity's that come door knocking.

Past incidents mean we support Help for Hero's. With out them superman wouldn't be back at work.

If I donate to charity shops its generally cancer research. I also love to shop in charity shops too.

I'm shameless I signed up to donate to wwf once cos the man at the door was hot. I cancelled it soon after.

I've done a few charity events now. Abseiled off forth rail bridge for chest heart and stroke. This year i did a bungee jump for cash for kids. I love charity shops and I also support others when I can.

I do find they can at times be very pushy which i think is wrong.I feel bad saying no. However I can't afford to give to them all.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I make a payment once a month via Direct Debit to Macmillan cancer support.

I've done it since 2003, and it's the only charity I give to.

Never give to anyone else, and if I get hassled about - the street collectors/CHUGgers just get ignored, and people at my door, just get a goodbye and the door closed.

An ex's mother was diagnosed and died of cancer in under 6 weeks, so I saw how it could devastate families. I was also working at a place where I saw Macmillan people at work ,and saw the good they do, which is why I chose them.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I don't give to door collectors either.

Two years ago I did the Walk Ten for Marie Curie, last month I did the Race for Life, and I support Alzheimer's/dementia charities as my grandad has it and my favourite author Terry Pratchett had it

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

I worked in a charity shop one summer from uni. 50% of what they were given went in the skip so now i can't give stuff to shops.

i also worked as a chugger, a phone one, for a bit.

i generally don't give to charity at all.

» Add a new message to this topic